Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    and start the manga ASAP. Still on-going, right?
    Yup, though of course noone can say for how long as Isayama has tremendous material for use but it's up to him whether or not he does so I really can't say where exactly in the story it stands.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

A little question: 25 episodes mean how many volumes/chapters?
    First episode = 2 chapters than 50 chapters???

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    they could go the 13epi route...per season/vol I mean

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

just wanted to add...for a first epi...it sure was filling no?

just the right amount of everything...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo, just finished reading the manga up to the newest chapter, and now I discover this series is getting an anime? Can my day get even better ?

I found the characters in the manga difficult to distinguish from time to time, but I'm sure the anime won't have this problem. I seriously hope that it's not going to deviate from the manga too much, even if there isn't enough material right now for 25 episodes.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That much?

SnK has been in my to-read list for a while, got recommendation for it from some people. Similar to Nuno here it's kinda neglected, even more when I heard an anime is on its way. I guess I'll stick to the anime for now and start the manga ASAP. Still on-going, right?
    Yeah, that much

On-going, yes. 44 Chapters out so far but it's monthly so there's a bit to read.

The manga is great in my opinion, it's one of the very rare monthlies were I feel satisfied with each chapter and am impatiently waiting for the next one.

I see. If that is truly the purpose, then. The overall artwork is good, just sometimes those lines are annoying. Other than that I'm okay. The manga artwork looks a little bit.. scarier(?) than the anime, but the anime doesn't lose the tensed atmosphere, which is awesome.
    Well I like the style, it's something unique and fits the series but I understand if you're annoyed by it - everyone his own taste Scarier... maybe, yes XD It's a pretty rough and unique art but perfect for the story. Maybe that's part of the reason why Shingeki became a sleeper hit long before the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    The first episode covered 1 and a half chapters... even then, the first episode has to impress and captivate the people somehow, otherwise they won't continue. For that reason it makes sense that they ended the episode after Eren's mother died.

There's no telling about the future pacing, at most you can make a good guess about how much will be covered each episode. Without spoiling anime only fans I can say that there are chapters which will most likely be enough for one episode. others definitely are so action-packed that they have to cover two chapters for one episode. Ofc I could be wrong and they will continue with a really fast pace, leading to the latter parts of the show being anime original. I doubt it though, at most I fear an anime original ending in the last two or three episodes but let's hope that won't be the case.

If they go with the roughly 1 and a half chapters per episode they could end it when

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    Soooo, just finished reading the manga up to the newest chapter, and now I discover this series is getting an anime? Can my day get even better ?

I found the characters in the manga difficult to distinguish from time to time, but I'm sure the anime won't have this problem. I seriously hope that it's not going to deviate from the manga too much, even if there isn't enough material right now for 25 episodes.
    There's already one episode and read my comment above, I believe there's enough material to cover if they're not rushing. Don't forget that there will be 50 chapters by the time the anime ends so they could actually cover everything up to chapter 47/48 or so if they think that's necessary. Wouldn't be the first time a managaka and the anime studio cooperate that much, f.ex. Arakawa and Bones (FMA:Brotherhood).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    There's already one episode and read my comment above, I believe there's enough material to cover if they're not rushing. Don't forget that there will be 50 chapters by the time the anime ends so they could actually cover everything up to chapter 47/48 or so if they think that's necessary. Wouldn't be the first time a managaka and the anime studio cooperate that much, f.ex. Arakawa and Bones (FMA:Brotherhood).
    I hope you're right. Also, I watched the first episode now, and it was intense.
    Spoiler show
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved that first episode and I hear the manga is really good so I'm probably going to try that out soon. Haven't started any new manga in ages, but I might as well...

*is having a trying new anime out day today* ^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty fun:

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watched episode 2?

The part where the Armored Titan start runing against the wall like a boss was amazing.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Anyone watched episode 2?

The part where the Armored Titan start runing against the wall like a boss was amazing.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; April 14, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Haah I finally watched the first two episodes of this amazing manga. What a great adaptation so far. Everything was top notch. Not a fan of the Opening's music though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Has no one realized the changes compared to the manga?

don't worry anime-only followers, they added some filler but it's totally coherent with the original story and makes sense. As for the manga readers:

Spoiler show

I didn't really mind the changes/additions though, an excellent second episode some great soundtrack was used and the filler proved as a really neat way to portray the main characters.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    Spoiler show
    Dude, I've hid your whole post in spoiler-tags as this is an extremely heavy spoiler for people who only watch the anime don't forget that we have these people here too

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Has no one realized the changes compared to the manga?

don't worry anime-only followers, they added some filler but it's totally coherent with the original story and makes sense. As for the manga readers:

Spoiler show

I didn't really mind the changes/additions though, an excellent second episode some great soundtrack was used and the filler proved as a really neat way to portray the main characters.
    yeah...I noticed it also...but was highly entertained...

Quote Quote:
    Dude, I've hid your whole post in spoiler-tags as this is an extremely heavy spoiler for people who only watch the anime don't forget that we have these people here too
    i got carried away niichan-nim...

no harm intended to whom it may concerns...sorry,please forgive me

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there were changes, but as long as they're good and have the manga as source they're more than welcomed.
    Anyway this was another epic episode and the adaptation is pretty good.

New Reply
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast