Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Discussion/ 50 Predictions

Welcome, Draculoid!

I think a few people have expressed a dislike for the fire titan thing. I've also seen different people talk about liking it.

To me, in and of themselves the flames are a minor thing like random explosions in an action movie. I've told some people before: in my case it's not so much the fire itself as the symbolism behind it that bothers me. Eren's flames lump him in with the fire titans of Norse mythology (as Beatrice mentioned); the ones who broke the walls to bring about Ragnarok. That should be the colossal titan symbolism, not Eren's.
    Last edited by kannazuki; October 01, 2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: instead of using tags, I removed the spoiler that was in them :P

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Draculoid View Post
    So Utsune, you have a problem with fire coming off of the body randomly but not steam? Seems like a double standard to me.
    Wait what? When did I say that?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Hey all, I just wrote about learning from the anime adaptation of Titan: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/628...-of-adaptation

I was wondering what did everyone think of the adaptation as a whole. It's funny because it makes me think about how we gotta keep adapting, but not necessarily let it become conforming.

With Isayama's intentions, it's good to see that he wants to do something new in the future and not be defined by just Attack on Titan.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YipYip's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about the story with the miner who tried to dig underneath the wall? Does this story come from Isayama or did the studio made that up? I got a bit afraid, that they might produce their own end of the story based up on that D: Turns out they didnt... yet ^^''

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after seeing episode 25, I'll say one thing: don't judge a manga by its animated version.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Hey all, I just wrote about learning from the anime adaptation of Titan: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/628...-of-adaptation

I was wondering what did everyone think of the adaptation as a whole. It's funny because it makes me think about how we gotta keep adapting, but not necessarily let it become conforming.
    I've said plenty about my thoughts on the anime adaptation in the anime thread. I don't think anyone wants to see me to rehash that or compare its progression to that of the manga in detail. (I've rated it 8/10 as a standalone anime, but the adaptation I give ~6/10.)

You know I read your article, and I still am not sure how you mean "adapting but not conforming." Adaptation of an artistic work from one medium to another is kind of like translating from one language to another. There are unlimited "standards" people could theoretically to conform to in terms of how to go about "translating" it, or alternatively they could make up a new one on the spot. So to which "standards" do you refer when you talk about people "conforming?"

(And as long as we're not talking going into spoilers/details of the manga, let's keep this in the anime thread.)
    Last edited by kannazuki; October 02, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Discussion/ 50 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Welcome, Draculoid!

I think a few people have expressed a dislike for the fire titan thing. I've also seen different people talk about liking it.

To me, in and of themselves the flames are a minor thing like random explosions in an action movie. I've told some people before: in my case it's not so much the fire itself as the symbolism behind it that bothers me. Eren's flames lump him in with the fire titans of Norse mythology (as Beatrice mentioned); the ones who broke the walls to bring about Ragnarok. That should be the colossal titan symbolism, not Eren's.
    Unless it's symbolically showing that Eren's faction (the Wall society) are not doing the right thing by directly fighting against the destruction of the walls, and Eren will voluntarily help bring down the walls when he learns the identity of the "true enemy".

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I read your article, and I still am not sure how you mean "adapting but not conforming." Adaptation of an artistic work from one medium to another is kind of like translating from one language to another. There are unlimited "standards" people could theoretically to conform to in terms of how to go about "translating" it, or alternatively they could make up a new one on the spot. So to which "standards" do you refer when you talk about people "conforming?"

(And as long as we're not talking going into spoilers/details of the manga, let's keep this in the anime thread.)
    I'm not sure what he meant by saying adapting, but I think of him saying the them of the adaptation/manga could be about adapting and not conforming, like you know how Armin said Annie is willing to do what ever it takes, and Eren needs to be able to do that as well even if it means being considered a monster, or something along the lines of that, and even though Eren knows what it takes he does not necessarily conform to other peoples views (I don't even know if that makes much sense). Erwin also doesn't conform he adapts, he doesn't change his plans because some people disagree with it, he changes it if he feels it has humanities best interest involved.

have no Idea if thats what he meant but it kind of makes sense.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so my guess is we'll be waiting a year or so for a season 2? I am highly anticipating the next season and how they will animate the next epic story arcs because the ones to come are my most favorite. If anyone has any idea how long we'll have to wait for the next season let me know.
    I know season 2 isn't officially guaranteed, but as far as I see it, it's as good as guaranteed because it would be real stupid for any company to discontinue an anime this successful.This anime has surpassed many popular animes such as Naruto, in various websites and articles.
    That being said, if we do want to keep hopes on season 2 coming, everyone please support the anime/manga! buy the manga's, soundtracks, posters and figures. That way we can let them know that this anime will be a continued success ! :P

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, we're still waiting for word on season 2 being green lit, but yes at least a year most likely. :')

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, we're still waiting for word on season 2 being green lit, but yes at least a year most likely. :')
    and then at least 3 years for the manga to conclude. This thought makes me sad and happy. I just need to find out what is going on the suspense is killing me lol

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just hope the same team who made the anime this time around work on the next season if/when (most likely when because its so popular) it gets green lit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see how they'll handle the next story arc. As I recall
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I'm not sure what he meant by saying adapting, but I think of him saying the them of the adaptation/manga could be about adapting and not conforming, like you know how Armin said Annie is willing to do what ever it takes, and Eren needs to be able to do that as well even if it means being considered a monster, or something along the lines of that, and even though Eren knows what it takes he does not necessarily conform to other peoples views (I don't even know if that makes much sense). Erwin also doesn't conform he adapts, he doesn't change his plans because some people disagree with it, he changes it if he feels it has humanities best interest involved.

have no Idea if thats what he meant but it kind of makes sense.
    Yes, that's what I was trying to say. Adjust to the trends and shape your plans around them, but don't get too comfortable. I think Production I.G. was trying to do the same with how they adapted Titan. They might have figured Titan being a popular manga was part of a possibly new trend where shonen becomes darker yet still remains mainstream. I guess the standards are that shonen series have to be cheery most of the time.

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by tonyyao82; October 09, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see. I don't recall any references to story content (like events with Annie and Armin, as leiatte mentioned) or an in-depth discussion of how this theme works with the overall story, so I had no idea.

New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast