Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 834

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

  1. #736
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Discussion/ 50 Predictions

    Welcome, Draculoid!

    I think a few people have expressed a dislike for the fire titan thing. I've also seen different people talk about liking it.

    To me, in and of themselves the flames are a minor thing like random explosions in an action movie. I've told some people before: in my case it's not so much the fire itself as the symbolism behind it that bothers me. Eren's flames lump him in with the fire titans of Norse mythology (as Beatrice mentioned); the ones who broke the walls to bring about Ragnarok. That should be the colossal titan symbolism, not Eren's.
    Last edited by kannazuki; October 01, 2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: instead of using tags, I removed the spoiler that was in them :P

  2. #737
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Draculoid View Post
    So Utsune, you have a problem with fire coming off of the body randomly but not steam? Seems like a double standard to me.
    Wait what? When did I say that?

  3. #738
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Hey all, I just wrote about learning from the anime adaptation of Titan: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/628...-of-adaptation

    I was wondering what did everyone think of the adaptation as a whole. It's funny because it makes me think about how we gotta keep adapting, but not necessarily let it become conforming.

    With Isayama's intentions, it's good to see that he wants to do something new in the future and not be defined by just Attack on Titan.

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  4. #739
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YipYip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    What do you guys think about the story with the miner who tried to dig underneath the wall? Does this story come from Isayama or did the studio made that up? I got a bit afraid, that they might produce their own end of the story based up on that D: Turns out they didnt... yet ^^''

  5. #740
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    Well, after seeing episode 25, I'll say one thing: don't judge a manga by its animated version.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #741
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Hey all, I just wrote about learning from the anime adaptation of Titan: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/628...-of-adaptation

    I was wondering what did everyone think of the adaptation as a whole. It's funny because it makes me think about how we gotta keep adapting, but not necessarily let it become conforming.
    I've said plenty about my thoughts on the anime adaptation in the anime thread. I don't think anyone wants to see me to rehash that or compare its progression to that of the manga in detail. (I've rated it 8/10 as a standalone anime, but the adaptation I give ~6/10.)

    You know I read your article, and I still am not sure how you mean "adapting but not conforming." Adaptation of an artistic work from one medium to another is kind of like translating from one language to another. There are unlimited "standards" people could theoretically to conform to in terms of how to go about "translating" it, or alternatively they could make up a new one on the spot. So to which "standards" do you refer when you talk about people "conforming?"

    (And as long as we're not talking going into spoilers/details of the manga, let's keep this in the anime thread.)
    Last edited by kannazuki; October 02, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

  8. #742
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Discussion/ 50 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Welcome, Draculoid!

    I think a few people have expressed a dislike for the fire titan thing. I've also seen different people talk about liking it.

    To me, in and of themselves the flames are a minor thing like random explosions in an action movie. I've told some people before: in my case it's not so much the fire itself as the symbolism behind it that bothers me. Eren's flames lump him in with the fire titans of Norse mythology (as Beatrice mentioned); the ones who broke the walls to bring about Ragnarok. That should be the colossal titan symbolism, not Eren's.
    Unless it's symbolically showing that Eren's faction (the Wall society) are not doing the right thing by directly fighting against the destruction of the walls, and Eren will voluntarily help bring down the walls when he learns the identity of the "true enemy".

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #743
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    You know I read your article, and I still am not sure how you mean "adapting but not conforming." Adaptation of an artistic work from one medium to another is kind of like translating from one language to another. There are unlimited "standards" people could theoretically to conform to in terms of how to go about "translating" it, or alternatively they could make up a new one on the spot. So to which "standards" do you refer when you talk about people "conforming?"

    (And as long as we're not talking going into spoilers/details of the manga, let's keep this in the anime thread.)
    I'm not sure what he meant by saying adapting, but I think of him saying the them of the adaptation/manga could be about adapting and not conforming, like you know how Armin said Annie is willing to do what ever it takes, and Eren needs to be able to do that as well even if it means being considered a monster, or something along the lines of that, and even though Eren knows what it takes he does not necessarily conform to other peoples views (I don't even know if that makes much sense). Erwin also doesn't conform he adapts, he doesn't change his plans because some people disagree with it, he changes it if he feels it has humanities best interest involved.

    have no Idea if thats what he meant but it kind of makes sense.

  11. #744
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    so my guess is we'll be waiting a year or so for a season 2? I am highly anticipating the next season and how they will animate the next epic story arcs because the ones to come are my most favorite. If anyone has any idea how long we'll have to wait for the next season let me know.
    I know season 2 isn't officially guaranteed, but as far as I see it, it's as good as guaranteed because it would be real stupid for any company to discontinue an anime this successful.This anime has surpassed many popular animes such as Naruto, in various websites and articles.
    That being said, if we do want to keep hopes on season 2 coming, everyone please support the anime/manga! buy the manga's, soundtracks, posters and figures. That way we can let them know that this anime will be a continued success ! :P


    Jean x Mikasa

    *Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

  12. #745
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    Last I heard, we're still waiting for word on season 2 being green lit, but yes at least a year most likely. :')

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #746
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Last I heard, we're still waiting for word on season 2 being green lit, but yes at least a year most likely. :')
    and then at least 3 years for the manga to conclude. This thought makes me sad and happy. I just need to find out what is going on the suspense is killing me lol


    Jean x Mikasa

    *Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

  15. #747
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    i just hope the same team who made the anime this time around work on the next season if/when (most likely when because its so popular) it gets green lit.

  16. #748
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    I'd like to see how they'll handle the next story arc. As I recall
    Spoiler show

  17. #749
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I'm not sure what he meant by saying adapting, but I think of him saying the them of the adaptation/manga could be about adapting and not conforming, like you know how Armin said Annie is willing to do what ever it takes, and Eren needs to be able to do that as well even if it means being considered a monster, or something along the lines of that, and even though Eren knows what it takes he does not necessarily conform to other peoples views (I don't even know if that makes much sense). Erwin also doesn't conform he adapts, he doesn't change his plans because some people disagree with it, he changes it if he feels it has humanities best interest involved.

    have no Idea if thats what he meant but it kind of makes sense.
    Yes, that's what I was trying to say. Adjust to the trends and shape your plans around them, but don't get too comfortable. I think Production I.G. was trying to do the same with how they adapted Titan. They might have figured Titan being a popular manga was part of a possibly new trend where shonen becomes darker yet still remains mainstream. I guess the standards are that shonen series have to be cheery most of the time.

    Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by tonyyao82; October 09, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  18. #750
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

    Oh I see. I don't recall any references to story content (like events with Annie and Armin, as leiatte mentioned) or an in-depth discussion of how this theme works with the overall story, so I had no idea.

New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts