Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

So what I happened to notice:

Hanji told Auruo to study every detail of a target to defeat it in reference to him saying it's impossible to defeat Levi.

Soooo....

Does that mean Auruo imitated Levi to one day beat him?Do note Auruo's mistake in 21 was something Levi told Mikasa NOT to do.Auruo perhaps one day wanted to challenge Levi but Auruo's death and how it happened may be a reference that he was far off from doing so.

And Petra note Auruo speaks like a Hillyback.
    Later on he imitates like Levi.

IMO that gives credibility to Levi x Petra if Auruo studied Levi and imitated him then talks about she acts like his wife.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think your reading way too much into it.Auruo only started imitating Levi after he saved his life and he said "I'll follow you for life".
    Also according to the databook he imitates Levi because he admires him not for any other reason than that.

I don't know if Isayama was involved much in the OVA, but I guess this OVA tries to fill in the reason why Auruo started to admire Levi.

Auruo and Petra were childhood friends and they tease each other a lot. Petra is always nagging/criticizing him which is why Auruo says she's not his wife since it's typical 'wife behavior' to nag the husband.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started watching the Anime a few days ago. I like the action sequences a lot !
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is filled with spoilers.. lol so anyone waiting for the Anime season two with me? XD or should I read the manga like everyone else..

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's a manga spoiler, it should be covered with a spoiler tag. Comments that aren't tagged are allowed to discuss the anime, right up to the point of its completion + the recent additional episode that came out with manga volume 12 to cover chapter 18.5 (which was skipped in the original anime release). Apparently there will be a second part to that OVA, according to MAL, but both parts are called "Ilse no Techou," or "Ilse's Notebook." If you haven't seen it, go watch it! They did a really great job, imo.

Technically the anime has had two seasons already. The third season is not confirmed yet, probably because the manga is not quite far enough along for a comfortable adaptation. IIRC the anime ended at around chapter 33. At the beginning of this month, chapter 52 was released. Some optimistic estimates put the next season (assuming it's green lit) at late 2014/early 2015, but it could easily go later than that. (Especially if they decide to wait until the series ends.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

When I said "filled with spoilers" I meant that it kinda looks like everybody knows about the manga (read it) except a few.. And yes I saw that OVA it was good but I didn't know there's a part two to it.. thanks for replying
    Last edited by Zoro Zoldyck; December 22, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KingHaruka's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Season 2 (-SNK-)

SNK SEASON 2~!
    So with the Season 2 of Snk coming out, I'm kind of confused on if they are going to make it a movie or into another season two + that playset of the snk- Colossal titan- playset, Do you guys think its worth it? i hear its expensive but it looks so smooth haha.

- about the snk season 2-
    What would you guys prefer? a season or a movie of it?

-Snk English dub-
    If you haven't seen some of the leaked footage i would suggest watching it/ listening to it.
    What do you guys think of the voices to far? i think Jean's voice doesn't fit him, maybe its just me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Season 2 (-SNK-)

Quote Originally Posted by KingHaruka View Post
    SNK SEASON 2~!
    So with the Season 2 of Snk coming out, ...
    wait, did i miss something? season 2 announced or what?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Season 2 (-SNK-)

Quote Originally Posted by KingHaruka View Post
    SNK SEASON 2~!
    So with the Season 2 of Snk coming out, I'm kind of confused on if they are going to make it a movie or into another season two + that playset of the snk- Colossal titan- playset, Do you guys think its worth it? i hear its expensive but it looks so smooth haha.

- about the snk season 2-
    What would you guys prefer? a season or a movie of it?
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Where did you read/heard that? Because we only have an extra episode announced for all that I know.

Oh, and I think you have a problem with your signature because it's in your post, instead of just a signature.

I'm not into figurines and playsets, so I cannot help you for that. Try to see in a shop the actual size and materials of the thing (if it'll last and if it's simple to clean because dusty stuff isn't nice to stock).

Welcome again, have fun.
    Last edited by BobobVanBlob; March 19, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really into figurines either, but the houses are too large there. It's one thing to make 3m titans taller than they should be but humans bigger than a house kind of defeat the point imo. The poor "kawaii titan" in the back there will have to struggle in order to eat its meal.

As for new seasons, I haven't found anything to confirm this, myself. Right now I think the only thing that's expected is a second part to the OVA.

In any case, welcome to the boards, KingHaruka!

Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Attack on titan is BAD - An analytical video review

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, but I'm pretty passionate about anime. Specifically the stories that anime can bring us. And i just recently made a video about Attack on Titan, and figured that some of you might be interested.

Despite the title of the video (and the thumbnail) I actually think that SnK is pretty good. It just has some major flaws that make it bad overall in my opinion. (mostly in the story and plot departments).
    As you can probably tell from the video length, this is a fairly in-depth analysis of the show, and has taken me quite some time to write and produce. Naturally, it's very spoiler heavy, but only addresses stuff from the animated show itself. It also contains a small amount of personal speculation in parts.

Most of the review is about addressing a lot of the issues with elements of the plot and characterization, and offering alternatives as I go, to invite discussion.

So I'd love it if you guys could give it an earnest watch and let me know what you think. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this stuff too, since I've basically completely cut myself off from forums and the like in order to write this without copying other peoples thoughts on the show.

Anyway enough of my rambling, here's the video:

**warning: at least one manga spoiler in this video**
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by kannazuki; March 27, 2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added warning for manga spoiler

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attack on titan is BAD - An analytical video review

Quote Originally Posted by SerAaron View Post
    Hey there, I'm new to this forum, but I'm pretty passionate about anime. Specifically the stories that anime can bring us. And i just recently made a video about Attack on Titan, and figured that some of you might be interested.

Despite the title of the video (and the thumbnail) I actually think that SnK is pretty good. It just has some major flaws that make it bad overall in my opinion. (mostly in the story and plot departments).
    As you can probably tell from the video length, this is a fairly in-depth analysis of the show, and has taken me quite some time to write and produce. Naturally, it's very spoiler heavy, but only addresses stuff from the animated show itself. It also contains a small amount of personal speculation in parts.

Most of the review is about addressing a lot of the issues with elements of the plot and characterization, and offering alternatives as I go, to invite discussion.

So I'd love it if you guys could give it an earnest watch and let me know what you think. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this stuff too, since I've basically completely cut myself off from forums and the like in order to write this without copying other peoples thoughts on the show.

Anyway enough of my rambling, here's the video:

**warning: at least one manga spoiler in this video**
    Spoiler show
    I haven't watched the full thing, yet, I'll watch it later, but honestly Araki (the director) cannot do anything subtle, I mean compare the manga and the anime, then go ahead and cry. I find the anime as a nice bonus, but I prefer Isayama narration and his dirty/broken art-style.

Spoiler: manga spoiler show

Because it spoils some part of the manga, I would still ask if a mod can put it somewhere else. There are manga spoilers...

Welcome to the forum, I'll give you a full feedback maybe tomorrow or on friday.

First advice, go for a shorter format, 38 minutes to analyse 25 episodes of 20 minutes is waaaay too long, in that time you can do way more stuff, go for five to ten minutes segments/videos it's more comfortable for a viewer.

Here is a comparison totally unrelated to SnK, but related to another community fandom I like : Silver Mont and Vaativydia both do videos about Dark Souls, I never had the will to finish one of Silver Monts videos, 15 minutes to explain us in every single detail the story of a character is terribly painful (you can be curious about how he gathered the evidence, but doing it while showing them is horrible according to me), while Vaati tells the story in shorter videos in a more effective way.

TL;DR: find a shorter format suiting you, it's better to get your point across your audience, especially when self producing on the web.
    Last edited by kannazuki; March 27, 2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added manga spoiler warnings
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched all but the last 15-ish minutes of the vid and it is mainly just talking about the anime. Rather than move it I've *tentatively* added a spoiler warning. I will have comments to add when I can watch the rest of it.

But for now, welcome to the boards SerAaron!

---------- Post added April 05, 2014 at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was March 27, 2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

OK, finally got to see the rest of that video...

I won't tell you to read the manga if you're dead set against it, but you should at least understand that while no adaptation is perfect, this one was heavily tilted toward upping the spectacle and the melodrama over accurately (or at least reasonably faithfully) presenting the development of story and characters. (Especially the characters.) Beyond that, in your video, you often seem to have psyched yourself up by creating your own expectations of what's to come (hey, we all do that to some extent), but then you attach yourself to that expectation, only to find yourself affronted when the story doesn't take the precise turn you wanted it to take. Whether or not the following is in fact true, it really gives the impression you don't want to give the story a chance unless it confirms your own predictions. :/

Spoiler: here are my comments on the video show
    TL/DR:
    It's unfortunate when people think they've got an idea of what this story or its characters are really about from the anime. (Mostly because the anime barely touches much of the story, but also very much because the anime dropped the ball in those crucial areas.) But in my opinion not only is the manga's presentation of story and character superior to the anime's (the anime only wins out on pretty pictures and soundtrack), but the anime overall is far better than you made it look in your review. And that's really saying something since as you can tell above, I'm very critical of the anime.
    Last edited by kannazuki; April 05, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd ova announced for attack on titan volume 14!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3rd ova announced for attack on titan volume 14!

Cool, but you could have posted it on the anime or hangout thread. Even if I want a remake it seems there will be a season 2 instead.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast