Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Well you said everything.
    his was an hell of an episode; it was all perfect.
    Can't wait to see the next ones.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just wet my pants.

This truly was amazing, can't find a thing they could have done better. The story already is great but if this level of top-class animation continues it's going to be a masterpiece. It's like a dream coming true for every Shingeki fan, I pray it will boost the popularity both inside and outside of japan.

The series the already has a rating of around 8.80 at MAL after one episode, can't remember the last time that happened. All over the net I can only find praise and lots of hype Not like I complain, it's well deserved and I'm pretty hyped too. Now I'm not sure if they're really able to maintain this level of quality for all the remaining episodes but I have a lot of faith that this will be the best show of the season and a potential candidate for the best anime of the year

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for this anime, I love the manga (i think the anime is going to have a separate ending, or end on a kinda cliff hanger). It was awesome, The story is just incredible, and the animation looks like its going to be top notch, I really like Production I.G.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Attack on Titan Listed With 25 Episodes

Quote Quote:
    The official website for the Attack on Titan television anime listed the series as 25 episodes long on its page for the Blu-ray/DVD volumes on Monday. The series will be released on nine volumes, with the first two containing two episodes each and the last seven containing three episodes each.

The first pressing of the first volume will include a 65-page, previously unpublished "Volume 0" comic by Attack on Titan manga creator Hajime Isayama. Other bonuses will include a 12-page speciall full-color booklet, ending illustration card, and packaging with an exclusive illustration by character designer Kyoji Asano. All copies of the first volume will have Attack on Titan Chimi Chara Gekijō "Tondeke! Kunren Heidan" (a mini short with Yu-pon's signature super-deformed characters, similar to those featured in Psycho-Pass and other anime)

The first Blu-ray volume will hit store shelves on July 17 for 6,300 (about US$65) yen. The DVD edition retails for 5,250 yen (US$54).
    source: ann

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's pretty expensive but I would love to get my hands on one of the yet unpublished volume 0's 65 pages is quite a lot and I'm curious what story Isayama is going to tell. I'm sure we will get some kind of scanlation anyway but having the original would be awesome, sometimes I wish I would live in Japan

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was just incredible. It felt like a breeze, i didn't get bored one minute. The actions only happened in the last 4 minutes yet i was captivated troughout the entire episode.

The death of eren's mother was perfectly done, that female giant was simply frightening, i completely get Hannes's reaction and why he decided to run away. I also enjoyed how the mother was courageous at the beggining telling her kids to run away yet at the end when she was left alone, she completely felt into despair and cried her heart out. Right before the female giant removed her head and ate her without a single remorse and with a huge smile on her face.

Spoiler show

Aren't you scared?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea when the OST may come up? I can't take out the opening theme from my head...i think i'm losing my mind.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, just want to give my thoughts: Excellent adaptation, superb and the coloring is so vivid and lively. My favorite part is obviously the last part where Eren's mother died, it's just terrifying, but I just had to keep both of my eyes open. Hopefully this is going to be a brilliant show throughout two cour.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Any idea when the OST may come up? I can't take out the opening theme from my head...i think i'm losing my mind.
    Normally it's around two months or so, good quality OST won't pop up until the original CD is being released. Probably we'll get the radio rip faster though.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*sneaks in*

Hi, guys. Please welcome this noob, she just wants to express how happy she was, watching the first episode of SnK anime yesterday! <3 And because this thread is here, not at OT... Nice to meet you, SnK fans!

I think SnK's pilot episode was the best from all new Spring titles I've seen. There is this urgency and tension you can feel right from the beginning. It builds up in a great way with that kind of ending, giving an opening to a long and crazy way ahead. Truly, I have to see this through the end.

What bothers me a bit is the artwork, I guess. The way there is a clear line at the edge of things (mainly the humans: their hair and clothes) make me feel like the characters are separated from the background/environment. You know that feeling when you see a TV drama with animation/magic/supernatural effect on it but not done wisely so you can clearly tell how fake it is? Thankfully the plot is awesome enough to make me ignore this.

More incentive to move this title from my wish list to reading list.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read the manga, but this episode was freaking awesome. It's very rare for me to feel attached and invested in a story and its characters so quickly. SnK has been on the top of my reading list for a long time, but has been neglected despite it. I'm almost a little shocked at the brutality, and I hear it was even censored. Can't wait for the continuation.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who are interested, here are the lyrics of the Opening Song:

Quote Quote:
    Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger! [They are the food and we are the hunters]

No one remembers the names of the trampled flowers
    Fallen birds await the next wind before they try again
    Though you have prayed, it won't change anything
    Only the will to fight can change our world

Stepping the corpses, we keep marching on
    Pigs sneer at our will to advance
    Living in false prosperity like livestock
    We should grab the freedom of us starving wolves!

Answer the humiliation of imprisonment with arrows of retaliation
    On the far side of the city wall, the prey is slayed by the hunter
    As our bodies are burning with an overflowing urge
    A crimson arrow flies through the scarlet of the dusk
    Quite fitting I think. If anyone's wondering, that first sentence is german. I guess it makes sense when you consider that a lot of the characters have german names (Jäger, Ackermann) and Isayama probably orientates on german culture, partly.

That being said, I hope the full song will be out sometime soon

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What bothers me a bit is the artwork, I guess. The way there is a clear line at the edge of things (mainly the humans: their hair and clothes) make me feel like the characters are separated from the background/environment. You know that feeling when you see a TV drama with animation/magic/supernatural effect on it but not done wisely so you can clearly tell how fake it is? Thankfully the plot is awesome enough to make me ignore this.

More incentive to move this title from my wish list to reading list.
    Pleasant surprise you're watching the show vio I thought it's not really your type of show but now that you've tried it out, I'm sure you won't be able to stop

I think the artwork actually is pretty fitting for Isayama's style and you can argue that it's carying a meaning too - that humans don't seem to belong in this world anymore. Well obviously that will get explained a lot more later on, just saying that I enjoy the artwork.

Below some comparisons with the manga so you get a better understanding of what I mean:

Spoiler show

The art changes a bit throughout the story (f.ex. the proportions get a lot better) but the style remains the same.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Attack on Titan Manga to Bundle Original Anime DVD

Quote Quote:
    The official website for the Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) anime announced on Tuesday that Hajime Isayama's original manga will bundle an original anime DVD. The DVD will come with the 11th limited-edition manga volume, and it will animate "Ilse no Techō" (Ilse's Journal), the prologue side story about a training corps member. Kodansha published this story in Weekly Shōnen Magazine and the manga's fifth book volume.
    So they're going to animate "that story" too, great. Probably better that we're going to get this a bit later, as it's a big hint at a future event.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I haven't read the manga, but this episode was freaking awesome. It's very rare for me to feel attached and invested in a story and its characters so quickly. SnK has been on the top of my reading list for a long time, but has been neglected despite it. I'm almost a little shocked at the brutality, and I hear it was even censored. Can't wait for the continuation.
    we told you so....

But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be a bully.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy got off easy considering he could have ended as Titan's food....hehe
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Pleasant surprise you're watching the show vio I thought it's not really your type of show but now that you've tried it out, I'm sure you won't be able to stop
    That much?

SnK has been in my to-read list for a while, got recommendation for it from some people. Similar to Nuno here it's kinda neglected, even more when I heard an anime is on its way. I guess I'll stick to the anime for now and start the manga ASAP. Still on-going, right?

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I think the artwork actually is pretty fitting for Isayama's style and you can argue that it's carying a meaning too - that humans don't seem to belong in this world anymore. Well obviously that will get explained a lot more later on, just saying that I enjoy the artwork.
    I see. If that is truly the purpose, then. The overall artwork is good, just sometimes those lines are annoying. Other than that I'm okay. The manga artwork looks a little bit.. scarier(?) than the anime, but the anime doesn't lose the tensed atmosphere, which is awesome.

New Reply
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast