Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Spoiler show
    Same for me. I think it was difficult to notice,
    Spoiler show
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I haven't checked out the entire Anime Section for SnK so pardon me for asking this...
    Are they going to make SnK as 25-episode anime just like what they usually did for other shounen series? and if not, or if they continue as a long running anime series, would it be possible for adding up fillers?

anyway, the latest episode is quite awesome, I kinda didn't like Jean's moments tho... but the parts where they wore those uniforms + coats and seeing Marco again are... tear-jerking

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's confirmed that the anime is going to be around 25 episodes, but anything past that, we don't know.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Finally, they move to the great arc now. I can't wait to see more.
    Oh Jean, why did you screaming? There wasn't such a scene in the manga, it feels weird..
    And I think in the manga Jean talked to Eren in front of others too, right? Not the special characters only like Mikasa, Armin, and the gang. It's just like a secret meeting of them.
    Btw, I think Erwin in the last scene of this episode is so scary..

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody want a few of the Character and Scenery designs from the anime?

Spoiler show

Taken from Animage vol. 422.
    Source:papermoon2.tumblr.com
    Download link provided in the source.

---------- Post added July 31, 2013 at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was July 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

Adding some stuff!
    The anime website already has a preview of OST 2. I think it's coming out with Volume 4. I don't know whether it's with the DVD or Blu-ray or both. Or maybe it's going to be released on a different album as well? That's what I don't know.

Here you go: http://www.shingeki.tv/products/bd_04.php
    And somebody uploaded it on youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truSNFuS2hg

Also, there isn't any official title for the tracks yet. The mumble jumble letters+numbers in the tracks in the official website are most likely just info on what instruments are being used and what date the soundtrack was completed. Of course I may be wrong but I know what dates look like.
    Last edited by Yumpo; July 31, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of 'mumble jumbles,' I don't know if anyone's posted anything about this yet. Remember how the first OST has a bunch of songs with nearly unreadable titles?

The little book in the CD case actually has the proper names in SnK-styled writing. I'm sure there are sites that have already listed out the names, but I'll also give a little explanation to the puns involved.

01 ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn --------- Attack on Titan (which is more or less how you write it in IPA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...netic_Alphabet)
    02 The Reluctant Heroes --------- The Reluctant Heroes
    03 eye-water --------- eye-water
    04 立body機motion --------- Ritaikidou (3D maneuvering; it's a 4-character phrase, they just substituted the 2nd and 4th character with the English equivalent)
    05 cóunter・attàck-mˈænkάɪnd --------- Counter attack mankind
    06 army⇒G♂ --------- Army attack
    07 Vogel im Käfig --------- Vogel im Käfig (Birds in cage)
    08 DOA --------- DOA (dead on arrival)
    09 凸】♀】♂】←巨人 --------- Kyojin shinkou (Titan advance; 巨人are characters for kyojin meaning Titan/giant (literally big person); I'm guessing the 凸 looks a bit like a castle :P )
    10 E・M・A --------- E.M.A. (from Eren Mikasa Armin, obviously)
    11 巨♀~9地区 --------- Megata kyojin kuchiku (巨literally means big, so 巨♀ means female Titan; it's read properly as megata kyojin says the CD leaflet, meaning Female-type Titan. 9地区 literally means Region/Zone 9, but reading in Japanese yields ku-chiku, which is the same pronunciation for "Expulsion," the phrase Eren keeps using since the first day.)
    12 Bauklötze --------- Bauklötze (Building blocks)
    13 2chi城 --------- Nichijou (The character 城 means castle; "nichijou" ("日常") as a phrase means "Everyday," "Ordinary," "Daily," "Regular." Referring to the everyday lives before Titan attack, I guess.)
    14 XL-TT --------- XL-TT (Extra large TiTan, so Colossal Titan obviously)
    15 Call your name --------- Call your name (for obvious reasons)
    16 omake-pfadlib --------- omake piano ad lib ("omake" means extra. pf means pianoforte, the proper name for piano. Ad lib means improvisation. So basically Piano improvisation.)

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice hints, thanks!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I just watched the anime episode 17 subbed! It was really an awesome episode! The animation seemed to be a lot different compared to Trost Arc too. And Armin being carried by Reiner, does anyone have a .gif of that? Armin was sooo cute there. And man, I just love seeing people's reaction to this episode.

Anywaaaaay, what's with Reiner and butts though? I went to check the manga raws and he did say it. TDX forgot to mention that in their translation....Of course, I'm not being a perv or anything, but I guess even if it's jokes, I don't like things being left out from translations...XDDD. Even he said something related to it in Ch9/Ep8. Does he really want to stick up a sword in his butt too??

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the '' she's got a nice ass'' by Reiner killed me too haha. A pretty enjoyable episode, i liked how they detailed the formations and the way it worked. It felt more easy to understand than it the manga. Armin looks really cool with blood on his face, this should definitively become his new looks. Also i kept getting mesmerized by the smokes, i don't know why but they were pretty amazing.

Oh btw, i wanted to show you something i've noticed on the ending at 1m25 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKxEpeew_c

Do you guys see the 2 nations fighting with tanks and different flags. I doubt this was put here by coincidence or mistake, it might really be a hint for some future explanations.

I've just noticed it now, if someone mentionned it earlier i apologize but i've read the last 3 pages and no one mentionned it so i thought i would point it out.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Here are some cool gifs from the last episode :
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Yeah, the '' she's got a nice ass'' by Reiner killed me too haha. A pretty enjoyable episode, i liked how they detailed the formations and the way it worked. It felt more easy to understand than it the manga. Armin looks really cool with blood on his face, this should definitively become his new looks. Also i kept getting mesmerized by the smokes, i don't know why but they were pretty amazing.

Oh btw, i wanted to show you something i've noticed on the ending at 1m25 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKxEpeew_c

Do you guys see the 2 nations fighting with tanks and different flags. I doubt this was put here by coincidence or mistake, it might really be a hint for some future explanations.

I've just noticed it now, if someone mentionned it earlier i apologize but i've read the last 3 pages and no one mentionned it so i thought i would point it out.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Here are some cool gifs from the last episode :
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Haha yes, Armin definitely shines in this episode!

Spoiler show

Hmm good observation on the two flags. It looks like a flag of the Sun (in orange) on the left, and a flag of the Moon (in blue) on the right. It looks like :P I guess.

I didn't see tanks anywhere, so I'm assuming you are referring to the canons instead? But I think the most interesting of all is, both groups are humans... I wonder if the yellow thing in the centre means anything?

Prior to this frame, there're also about 11(?) flashes of stills one after another. I can't figure out most of them, but this one kinda caught my eye:

Spoiler show

Isn't that some kind of monstrous hand or something?? or maybe I'm mistaken...

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post

Spoiler show

Hmm good observation on the two flags. It looks like a flag of the Sun (in orange) on the left, and a flag of the Moon (in blue) on the right. It looks like :P I guess.

I didn't see tanks anywhere, so I'm assuming you are referring to the canons instead? But I think the most interesting of all is, both groups are humans... I wonder if the yellow thing in the centre means anything?

Prior to this frame, there're also about 11(?) flashes of stills one after another. I can't figure out most of them, but this one kinda caught my eye:

Spoiler show

Isn't that some kind of monstrous hand or something?? or maybe I'm mistaken...
    Oops, I definitively meant cannons. I doubt the two flags refer to the sun and the moon though, the one on the left definitively doesn't look like a moon and the one on the right just seems to be one circle with two lines crossing (this one might look a bit like a sun) but the one on the left doesn't really look like a moon. I think it might be two random flags that they created in order to show us that two great strenghts were battling back in the days.

What's more interesting is the fact that they all seem to want to get that square thing at the middle. I wonder what that might be, but it might probably be the ''reason'' behind the war or something like that.

As for your picture, it does look like a hand or a feet. Probably the stage when a human starts his transformation into a giant, that's why the hand (or feet) looks a bit weird.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Best episode so far. Aniation is top-notch and the soundtracks are well placed, visuals are great too. When you think about it the only weakness of this series is the weak budget of WIT?Production IG. We can really see that they love the manga, they have good animators and the soundtracks are composed by the greatest composer, they are well used too. I am sure they'll use well the money provided by the huge sales. Can't wait for the 2nd season.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Best episode so far. Aniation is top-notch and the soundtracks are well placed, visuals are great too. When you think about it the only weakness of this series is the weak budget of WIT?Production IG. We can really see that they love the manga, they have good animators and the soundtracks are composed by the greatest composer, they are well used too. I am sure they'll use well the money provided by the huge sales. Can't wait for the 2nd season.
    Weak budget? lol Demon with the animation so far they obviously have a very high budget, we got top-notch animation nearly every time the 3D Maneuver gear is involved. The problem with some still shots every few episodes rather seems to be the time they got, the chief animation director even asked for additional animators publicly, which is a very, very rare things to see. Another proof is that they delayed the release of the OVA (Isayama's sidestory "Ilse's Diary") for a few months. They probably underestimated the time needed to animate everything as they want it to be and thus faced the problem of not having enough skilled people on their staff to animate everything in time. Something similar happened with Production I.G.'s Psycho Pass, where the second opening and one of the episodes had a lot of issues and weird shots, up to the point that the director apologized publicly and promised to fix the episode for the blu-ray release (which they did). I'm pretty sure most things will be fixed for the blu-ray release of Shingeki as well.

That being said I agree, one of the best episodes yet

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Anywaaaaay, what's with Reiner and butts though? I went to check the manga raws and he did say it. TDX forgot to mention that in their translation....Of course, I'm not being a perv or anything, but I guess even if it's jokes, I don't like things being left out from translations...XDDD. Even he said something related to it in Ch9/Ep8. Does he really want to stick up a sword in his butt too??
    Oh yeah I laughed my butt off at Reiner's obsession with butts. I'm pretty sure I saw the one from ch 8 in the manga too.

btw...
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Sure does! I <3 Armin. He's like Erwin-in-training. XD

Spoiler show
    Hmm good observation on the two flags. It looks like a flag of the Sun (in orange) on the left, and a flag of the Moon (in blue) on the right. It looks like :P I guess.[/quote]Yep. Actually if you take it into consideration that this is "faded paint" on a stone surface (a lot of it probably has been washed away by rain), the one on the left could be credibly identified as a Japanese flag. The one on the right would just be some fictional nation. (I actually know all of the world's flags more or less and the one on the right, taken as a whole, doesn't match any of them.)

Quote Quote:
    But I think the most interesting of all is, both groups are humans... I wonder if the yellow thing in the centre means anything?
    Yes, I find that interesting as well. But the yellow shape looks both like a "target" (like a camera viewfinder or gun sight) OR...

*spoiler*
    Spoiler show
    OR it could be a representation of the walls themselves... (if we talk about this further maybe we should take it to another thread though?)

That other still you posted looks like a bird (or dragon or other "monster") claw to me. Sounds kind of random at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I don't usually pay attention to soundtrack but this series has got an awesome one and Utsune's post a while back about the soundtrack really brought that home. If I notice a soundtrack that means it either really irritated or really impressed me. I really, really noticed the soundtrack this ep and it didn't irritate me at all. I LOVED all the bizarre and discordant piano key smashes and stuff (I don't know what those are supposed to be called, lol) that were going on...

New Reply
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast