Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member teiran's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Anime Discussion

yup, eren in the manga is pretty awesome.

anyone watched the first episode of the english dub? i did and quite liked it. it was sometimes unvoluntarily funny (hannes!) but the most important parts they nailed... i've nothing to complain about there. some dialogues were slightly changed; kids are sassier (yeah, even mikasa). armin's such a little shit, on one hand, yeah, it's pretty bad his characterization slightly deviates from the original, on the other - i had a ball.
    and erwin has a higher voice and sounds younger than in the japanese version, but, lord, that suits him. i can't wait for episodes with him (and his screams! damn he's gonna sound damn sexy in this version.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teiran View Post
    yup, eren in the manga is pretty awesome.
    If it keeps taking inspiration from Muv Luv then good God....
    Takeru casually solo'd what's like the Equivalant of 23 Colossal Titans, 48 20+m Titans and countless 5m Classes without even being touched by them in about 3 minutes.
    No literally, they weren't able to touch him.

Last edited by Beatrice; May 04, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no I lost track and thought I replied already. I'm so sorry I apparently didn't! OTL
    Quote Originally Posted by jakensama View Post
    1. Sounds like the manga handled Eren much better. He seems so one dimensional in the anime despite his storied history, all he has been through, his relationships. Hope they do a better job next season.

2. So the 2nd OVA was based on Omake...that's nice, so it still is based on the manga.

3. I kind of spoiled myself by looking at the wiki (titan shifter, different characters, etc). However I'll probably wait for the next season of the anime. I would appreciate (in spoiler tags of course for others) details on any other manga/anime differences though.
    As teiran said, yes, manga Eren is better (with room for improvement). Not sure what other details to spell out though.

Spoiler: Did I mention that... show

I suppose they didn't have enough time to present everything from training and that's probably why they moved most of the training squad flashbacks earlier than they are in the manga. (At the same time it feels like they gave Jean extra time in the anime with the three or so filler scenes he got.)

Fellow manga readers can correct me if I'm wrong but here are what I remember as filler scenes for Jean:
    • the infamous "running around exposed to the titans in Trost with no 3dmg" scene
    • Jean and Armin talk it out in the last episode in Stohess over Eren not being able to transform
    • Jean and Armin hanging out while Eren is in bed recovering

Spoiler: instead of show

Can anybody else remember any other such added-in scenes?
    Last edited by kannazuki; May 04, 2014 at 06:15 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Fellow manga readers can correct me if I'm wrong but here are what I remember as filler scenes for Jean:
    • the infamous "running around exposed to the titans in Trost with no 3dmg" scene
    • Jean and Armin talk it out in the last episode in Stohess over Eren not being able to transform

Spoiler: instead of show

There are way more than those. 11 episodes have extra scenes with Jean. Way too many to list out.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post

Erwin's smile at Eren when in Shinganshina (Ep 1), Marlo from the MP brats seeing corrupted MP's selling 3DMGs, Jean and Marco in the HQ, the whole episode 22. Episode 10 to 12 feels like a huge filler even if it's in the manga (terrible pacing), they could have removed so much and be able to show really interesting trainee days. It would maybe have shown us better the relationships between the characters. I liked the idea of seeing Jean a lot in the anime (he got the most development with Armin within the 15 first chapters) but they could have shown us a bit better how they were initially. The original Night of the Disbanding introduced well the characters while the anime one feels like "meh, we didn't wanted to show that Jean is an ass most of the time, instead we will get the first casualty to talk instead".

They wanted to make Jean look polished and shiny hero who joined the SL to save Humanity because it's his duty, while in the manga it felt more like "the only guy having a decent opinion of me died, frak it, what can I do?".

EDIT: I totally missed the fact that it was Jean's fillers only in your quote, it's 1 AM, let's say I'm forgiven for that, okay?
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    EDIT: I totally missed the fact that it was Jean's fillers only in your quote, it's 1 AM, let's say I'm forgiven for that, okay?
    We trust you to be able to list all of them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Super Sonic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plot hypotheses

Were Eren's flashbacks in the 1st episode canon?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I'm in episode 4 and many things are becoming clearer in the anime than the manga...

Great observation Annie pointed out (which, I guess, I missed in the manga)....

Why is there a system in place in which the soldiers most capable of fighting the titans given the option to never see them again??!!

The more I go into this, the more this kingdom looks like some controlled cage of sort...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plot hypotheses

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
    Were Eren's flashbacks in the 1st episode canon?
    I haven't heard of any announcement confirming this, so I take it with a grain of salt. (Has anyone else seen anything from Isayama or an editor specifically confirming the dream in the anime to be canon)?

Quote Quote:
    I'm in episode 4 and many things are becoming clearer in the anime than the manga...
    Such as? Presentation is certainly clearer and it's very useful at the beginning-- just wondering if there's specific content you mean?

Quote Quote:
    Great observation Annie pointed out (which, I guess, I missed in the manga)....

Why is there a system in place in which the soldiers most capable of fighting the titans given the option to never see them again??!!

The more I go into this, the more this kingdom looks like some controlled cage of sort...
    Indeed! Yes, I'm pretty sure that was touched on multiple times in the manga. It was the main reason Jean wanted to join the MPs (which is also in the anime).
    Last edited by kannazuki; May 29, 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the final OVA, courtesy of ArtIristic:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    The 3rd OVA is out and subbed, thanks to get_in_the_robot and... ChodeMcJiggleTits...?

Here it is and enjoy. They added a really nice touch at the end. If you've read the manga from the beginning, you'll see.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the 2nd OVA only today, and WTF is that??? XD
    Really a masterpiece of no-sense stuff but a really nice ~10 minutes of fun for a SnK otaku like me ^^

And watche the 3rd OVA too. Really boring... Better if they make LOL stuff like the 2nd than this annoying filler. Well, the ending with Marco words touched me a little... But nothing more.

Any news about the 2nd season till now?
    Last edited by teioh; August 25, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

New Reply
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56