Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Biggest winners of NPoT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest winners of NPoT

Sanada already has too many moves that are useful that if he got a serve that's actually good it'd be total overkill. Same with Yukimura. For example we see in Ryoma's game that Yukimura returns a serve from Hyakuren aura and his return was so fast that Ryoma cannot react to it. Yet he's never been able to do that on his serve, so that'd mean his serve is somehow weaker than him just hitting the ball normally. Tezuka is another such character until he has ZSS, which is pretty ironic since there's plenty of indication that Tezuka's serve is very strong but he never scores with it against anyone that matters until he has ZSS.

That said the recent games do favor people with good serves. Kintaro held his serve against TnK Oni, and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by Phantron; April 08, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, 'weak' as he is, Atobe is one of the winners in shinpuri. He has the MOST on-screen matches. Hell, we don't get on-screen Ryoma v. Tokugawa but Atobe v. Hiyoshi is actually shown? Same thing with WoK matches, last 5 pages at most, compared to multiple chapters of Irie vs. Atobe. And in the Top 10 U-17 representative, his match is the only one that last three fucking sets. That's A LOT of screen-time. We don't even have a complete Ryoma match YET. I'm already dying for Fuji match which optimistically thinking... 6 months from now at the earliest. That's if he has a match at all.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe isn't weak at all. Sure he's a winner.
    I'd say Oni is a winner. Ryoga is sort of a winner. He is one of the few lucky characters in the whole of Shonen Jump.
    This is because he appeared in a Movie, appeared in two OVA's where had had just cameo's and non-speaking roles, and then he landed himself a gig in the actual storyline. That's a win for the guy lol.
    I hope Konomi doesn't bring in Kieth and Xiu from the London movie. They were so weak.
    They lost to Ryoma who didn't even touch a Muga door or use his Drive's.

Disgraces to England.

A Big loser is Krauser.
    Stayed in Japan to restore his pride of losing at the Nationals. Lost again to Nakagauchi who was crucified by Date.
    Didn't show improvement, just used same move he used on Kirihara. Lame.
    He should go back to his country, which could be Germany but since he had no reaction to Tezuka going to Germany it would make no sense for him to be from Germany atm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Krauser is that his playing style remain a secret until that match. It's nice to knows what it is.

Fuji is also a loser. Hyped a character who can fight on par with National Tezuka. Tezuka got upgrade and leave him in the dust crying on the floor. Haven't got a match since.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    The thing about Krauser is that his playing style remain a secret until that match. It's nice to knows what it is.

Fuji is also a loser. Hyped a character who can fight on par with National Tezuka. Tezuka got upgrade and leave him in the dust crying on the floor. Haven't got a match since.
    And now Fuji is the number 1 commentator in the camp, apparently he knows a lot about some people and their techs even though he never talked to them (in other words, like a Data guy but instead of data he recollects feelings )
    Last edited by Hardy; April 10, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say that Krauser is a loser because prior to the current series, he didn't even have a personality. The fact that he even got a match (something characters like Fuji have yet to receive) and even got some additional fleshing out of his personality makes him at least a slight winner. Albeit not on the level of characters like Kenya, Sanada, Akutsu, etc.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Chitose is the biggest loser for MSer not counting the guys who don't even have a chance to do anything (e.g. Fuji). Had he lost to Kintaro like he's supposed to he probably have TnK now too. Instead he played in a game and lost to some random 3rd courters that turned out to be totally irrelevent. All that talk about how TnK can't be opened by humans also turned out to be a total joke now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    Actually, 'weak' as he is, Atobe is one of the winners in shinpuri. He has the MOST on-screen matches. Hell, we don't get on-screen Ryoma v. Tokugawa but Atobe v. Hiyoshi is actually shown? Same thing with WoK matches, last 5 pages at most, compared to multiple chapters of Irie vs. Atobe. And in the Top 10 U-17 representative, his match is the only one that last three fucking sets. That's A LOT of screen-time. We don't even have a complete Ryoma match YET. I'm already dying for Fuji match which optimistically thinking... 6 months from now at the earliest. That's if he has a match at all.
    That's what you get when you run out of ideas for techniques, bored with your main character, and write the story based upon popularity polls.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    That's what you get when you run out of ideas for techniques, bored with your main character, and write the story based upon popularity polls.
    If it's based on popularity polls, how come Ryoma and Fuji doesn't have matches? They're joined no. 1, after all. And don't forget Kintarou, who's not popular at all, got second or third most screen time. Niou has three matches too, as well as Atobe. But the second match is kinda short, though.

About Niou, I think he's in weird position in 'winners' or 'losers'. He's definitely one of the 'winners', but maybe he's sent away because he went Tezuka and by extension,

MY AARRMMMMM!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    If it's based on popularity polls, how come Ryoma and Fuji doesn't have matches? They're joined no. 1, after all.
    Atobe has enough votes to make the polls look like this:

1) Atobe
    2) Atobe
    3) Atobe
    4) Atobe
    5) Atobe
    6) Who cares.
    10) See 1 through 5, that's what matters.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Atobe has enough votes to make the polls look like this:

1) Atobe
    2) Atobe
    3) Atobe
    4) Atobe
    5) Atobe
    6) Who cares.
    10) See 1 through 5, that's what matters.
    Fayte, I respectfully disagree. In the latest popularity polls, Atobe came third while Ryoma and Fuji got no. 1. The top three positions are hogged by those three, though. Fuji even never came out of the Top 2. Konomi complied with Fuji-love in PoT so much that he got three PoT covers by himself while Tezuka-buchou has... none. Tezuka had to share. The first cover with Tezuka only is in SPoT.

Oh well, either Konomi is sick of Fuji and Ryoma, or he can't make up an otherworldly tech for them yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's popularity on the polls and then there's the ability to actually sell stuff. I think I saw some stats that Atobe has more drama/music CD than the rest of the characters put together. It's like say the most popular character of Naruto in a poll is almost certainly still Naruto, but you put Naruto's face on top of say, a T-shirt, it's not exactly going to be selling like hotcakes. It's not hard to figure out that Atobe's presence is what sells stuff. People may vote for Ryoma just because he's the main character but you sure aren't going to get PoT merchandise because Ryoma is there. If his presence is actually needed to sell this stuff, we wouldn't be looking at no match that involves Ryoma lasting more than 5 pages thus far in NPOT. Likewise Fuji is in the same boat. People may say they like him, but obviously Konomi feels pretty comfortable by having zero pages in the serial so far that involves Fuji hitting a ball against a live opponent (and 2 pages in the published version, he went back and added 2 pages for his game against his younger brother).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    I wouldn't say that Krauser is a loser because prior to the current series, he didn't even have a personality. The fact that he even got a match (something characters like Fuji have yet to receive) and even got some additional fleshing out of his personality makes him at least a slight winner. Albeit not on the level of characters like Kenya, Sanada, Akutsu, etc.
    How does just getting screentime make you winner?
    He was used to underline the gap in stats between 3rd Court and the MSers. He's far from a winner.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    How does just getting screentime make you winner?
    He was used to underline the gap in stats between 3rd Court and the MSers. He's far from a winner.
    Still more of a winner than guys like Fuji who haven't even gotten that.

But I think he's a winner because he actually became a character. Prior to the current series, Krauser didn't really exist as anything except some brief match we barely saw. The fact that he not only got to play, but had his motivations and personality further fleshed out put him ahead of where a lot of other characters have come in this series.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Niou is a big winner. Started as a stupid prankster now #10 in Japan.
    Marui is also a big winner. Not among the top players. Still is #8. Savior of Yukimura.
    Sanada, BLACK AURA.
    Oni defeated TnK.
    Duke lucky to play Gin.
    Ryoga, Manga debut.
    Jirou, Was one of the worst player. But defeated Kabaji who played well against Tezuka.

Some loosers
    Tachibana, haven't improved compared to others. Has he won any singles match?
    Tezuka, Goodbye. Danke! We have Niou.
    Chitose, troll
    Fuji, is a replacement of the reporter. (who came to cover every match in kantou & nationals. forgot his name). Seems to know a lot. doesn't do anything.
    Gin, How long he played with Duke?

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast