Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Biggest winners of NPoT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest winners of NPoT

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    Tachibana, haven't improved compared to others. Has he won any singles match?
    Yes, against Hyoutei Singles 3, Shishido. And I think... Saeki, too, but I'm not sure on that one.

He also managed to beat Kadowaki and some court 5 player. Pretty impressive record, huh.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 17, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana beat Saeki 6-2 in the Kanto tournament.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Good to see you confirm it. I don't quite remember the page and chapter, though. I was kinda weird. Maybe I read it somewhere else.

I remember one more match. Tachibana also beat Chitose in his 2nd year when he injured Chitose's eyes, too. That's probably the strongest opponents that he won against that was shown in the manga.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    It was just a 3rd place match so I don't know if I'm allowed to give Saeki props for taking two games off of Tachibana.
    Since Saeki lost to Yuuta, and Yuuta lost to Jirou 6-1, taking 2 games from Tachibana makes Tachibana look really bad.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It was just a 3rd place match so I don't know if I'm allowed to give Saeki props for taking two games off of Tachibana.
    Since Saeki lost to Yuuta, and Yuuta lost to Jirou 6-1, taking 2 games from Tachibana makes Tachibana look really bad.
    God dammit Airgrimes, this again...

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/61/16...?v=11192706405

Also, Yuuta prolly got destroyed by Jirou because Akutagawa's playstyle perfectly counters him (Yuuta depends on his Twist Spin Shot, but it's only effective after bouncing, so a serve and volley player would easily counter it).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kantou Tachibana is largely irrelevant anyways. Tachibana before National is a complete joke by Konomi. He lost to Red Eyes Kirihara for an impressive score of 6-1, and will be 6-0 if Kirihara go Red Eyes from the start. It's only when Fuji visit him that Tachibana turn out to be less of a joke by gaining the beast aura.

He then got make a joke again when he can't win a single ball against Saiki Chitose. Konomi feels sorry for him, so he adds that Tachibana haven't once aim at Chitose blind spot. But I think that at best make it uncertain to knows who will come up top out of the two WoK, since Tachibana can't win a single ball against Saiki Chitose. I do think that it'll make Tachibana definitely more even with Saiki Chitose, but it's still unsure who'll win. Probably 7-6 with one side winning.

Tachibana is just simply better than Chitose in doubles as a player, though, since Saiki is seals and all. Not to mention his opponents probably won't be as kind as not to hit to Chitose blind spot like Tachibana either.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Biggest winners of NPoT

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    God dammit Airgrimes, this again...

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/61/16...?v=11192706405

Also, Yuuta prolly got destroyed by Jirou because Akutagawa's playstyle perfectly counters him (Yuuta depends on his Twist Spin Shot, but it's only effective after bouncing, so a serve and volley player would easily counter it).
    I guess this sorta implies he let Yuuta win. I guess...

And no excuses Hardy, if Yuuta lost 6-1 to Jirou then Yuuta sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Tachibana is just simply better than Chitose in doubles as a player, though, since Saiki is seals and all. Not to mention his opponents probably won't be as kind as not to hit to Chitose blind spot like Tachibana either.
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Chitose's Kamikakushi is guaranteed to take some points and service games against anything Mid tier and below.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And no excuses Hardy, if Yuuta lost 6-1 to Jirou then Yuuta sucks.
    It is an excuse :/

It's like Shiraishi against Fuji in semifinals. He just counters him perfectly, that doesn't mean he's far superior...

We don't really know how good/bad Jirou is btw, we only saw him in 1 match (although, he couldn't return 2 "normal" techniques of Fuji so he's probably bad... but still )

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Chitose's Kamikakushi is guaranteed to take some points and service games against anything Mid tier and below.
    I think manga hint at beast aura to be same level as spirit away, and they both can used that in doubles.

Saiki is sealed in doubles, whereas its equivalent Abare Dame is usable in doubles, hence my assumption.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Biggest winners of NPoT

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    It is an excuse :/

It's like Shiraishi against Fuji in semifinals. He just counters him perfectly, that doesn't mean he's far superior...
    It isn't like Shiraishi VS Fuji.
    That ended 7-6. Both sides received a crushing.
    Shiraishi wrecked him 5-0, but Fuji wiped him 6-0 right after to make it 5-6.

Yuuta just got eaten alive by Jirou lol. When you get eaten alive by Jirou, who apparently had only been seen to get serious when against Atobe and Fuji, you become a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think manga hint at beast aura to be same level as spirit away, and they both can used that in doubles.

Saiki is sealed in doubles, whereas its equivalent Abare Dame is usable in doubles, hence my assumption.
    Abare Dama isn't an equivalent to prediction move Saiki Kanpatsu.
    Its clear that Konomi gave Chitose a move that has a disappearing ball to be the exact opposite of his counterpart Tachibana who had a move that replicates balls.
    But yeah, I guess with Abare Dama + Mojuu no Aura then Tachibana might be the better doubles player.

However Kamikakushi can be used on a serve, whilst Abare Dama can't. Kamikakushi completely stunned Suzuki and Washio only got it back because he was standing way at the back and Kamikakushi can't disappear twice.
    So Kamikakushi can still ace 3rdCourt level players.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamikakushi completely stunned Suzuki and Washio only got it back because he was standing way at the back and Kamikakushi can't disappear twice.
    So Kamikakushi can still ace 3rdCourt level players.
    I'm giving that more credit than that. It aced Tachibana too, here.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c310/5.html

The only one that's it's shown and used and haven't aced the first time is Tezuka. However, as you can see, it takes Tachibana 3 balls to figure out a way to handle it. It is a strong move. It just that it doesn't cut it against the top high tier (Tezuka and so forth level). I'm not saying that Chitose or Tachibana is weak. They're just weak relative to the top high tier player.

I want to give them credits for being good in Singles so bad, as they ARE probably good in Singles. However, no 17 fodderized Renji, whom I consider to be the same level as them. Also, Yamato, who isn't even a 1st stringer, fight evenly with Tezuka, who is leagues beyond them in Singles (6-1, 6-0 if they were to play again now, even).

SPoT just raise the bar so high. I don't believe we'll ever see them play a singles match again. Heck, somehow, even Sanada and Akutsu plays in Doubles, something that I was really sad to see. WoK are most likely just going to play only as doubles from here on.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally, but then we even had Ishida Gin play in Singles.
    Which is a joke since I don't see him beating Chitose any time soon.

Mitsuya put Yanagi to sleep like a baby but Inui did beat Mitsuya. I believe Kite, WoK, Inui, Yanagi are all one tier.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4