Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 140 Discussion/141 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 140 Discussion/141 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Thanks. I was starting to wonder if it was going to come out before the new chapter.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

So The Company's scan clarifies that Koon is definitely stronger than Chang.

The afterword's much clearer now. You'll notice that SIU didn't say Androssi's unmatched in physical ability among E-rank Regulars, but among Regulars, which means all Regulars. Androssi really is impressive then. Of course, being able to become a High Ranker without having leveled up at all on your stat card was extremely impressive as well. If you'll recall, Androssi's potential, as of the 2nd Floor, is higher than Yu Han Sung's current total, and he's a High Ranker, so obviously she has the capability of becoming a High Ranker before she even leveled up her stats or improved her current total or potential.
    Yeah it does sound more likely now that Koon is actually stronger than Chang instead of just being smarter.

I thought the whole point of potential was that you couldn't change it? That it was basically the maximum level you can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, YHS apparently had virtually no physical ability, which appeared to be keeping him down and perhaps was preventing him from reaching his potential. Of course, he still had an A in physical reinforcement, so he was probably fine with the addition of Shinsoo, but Androssi has way more physical ability than YHS. Of course, YHS can just dominate someone of Androssi's level with a simple Fast Skip.

Yes, I do remember that line. I figured that we might have seen more about that by now, but it's sort of been ignored. Perhaps when we get to the point that Regulars are matching Rankers, we'll see more about it.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Looking back at that chapter you linked, bob, Ren never seems to have recognized Hwa Ryun, so perhaps he'd never met her.

I think that perhaps the contract ties you down and makes you subservient to the Zahard Administration. Those who don't require contracts, Irregulars, aren't tied down in the same way. Also, shinsoo is life in a way. Instead of air, there's shinsoo. While you use shinsoo to have power, shinsoo also sustains you. The stronger you are, the longer you live, but you're reliant upon shinsoo for that.
    I always thought the guardian meant that the contract limits the amount of shinsoo you have access to, i.e. it's acting as a shackle. Since it doesn't apply to irregulars, they're able to use more shinsoo than a normal ranker/high ranker hence why they occupy the top spots.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 140 Discussion/141 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Yeah it does sound more likely now that Koon is actually stronger than Chang instead of just being smarter.

I thought the whole point of potential was that you couldn't change it? That it was basically the maximum level you can achieve.

I always thought the guardian meant that the contract limits the amount of shinsoo you have access to, i.e. it's acting as a shackle. Since it doesn't apply to irregulars, they're able to use more shinsoo than a normal ranker/high ranker hence why they occupy the top spots.
    I had always assumed that you could improve your potential, and I think that there may have been something saying it, but who knows. I'm sure we'll see later on.

Perhaps, who knows. The Guardian said that to Baam, however, and the Guardian could see that Baam was an irregular.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7