Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Would the strawhats win against pacifistas in solo fights?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franky would win

8 100.00%
  • Franky would lose

0 0%
  • Brook would win

6 75.00%
  • Brook would lose

1 12.50%
  • Robin would win

6 75.00%
  • Robin would lose

0 0%
  • Nami would win

4 50.00%
  • Nami would lose

2 25.00%
  • Chopper would win

7 87.50%
  • Chopper would lose

0 0%
  • Ussop would win

5 62.50%
  • Ussop would lose

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Strawhats minus monster trio vs. Pacifistas

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Strawhats minus monster trio vs. Pacifistas

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji can take pacifistas now without a problem, what about the other strawhats?

One on one fights.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhats minus monster trio vs. Pacifistas

IMO franky should be able to handle pacifistas.... If he couldn't the difference in strength between him and the monster trio would have significantly increased rather than remain the same. Worst case scenario his lazer should do the trick and melt through them like butter.

Brook should also be able to do this IMO although I can't really tell with what level of difficulty (as far as I can tell brook could be anywhere between easily defeating them and barely doing so). Brook should be next in strength after franky after all.

Then we have chopper, ussop, nami and robin.

I can't imagine robin having a chance against a pacifista. The pacifista are very physically powerful and giant limbs would at large be a target for them.

Nami perhaps has a chance due to her weapons being effective. Its a robot and she can easily conjure thunder and rain. Even her pre time skip powers were able to actually harm a pacifista, it wouldn't be strange if a new thundercloud of hers could do the trick. She would still be at a disadvantage and IMO it would only be plausible if her illusions work to begin with as I doubt she has the physical capacity to deal with a pacifista.

Ussop is someone I have no idea of whether he could pull this off. He has shown insane firepower a couple of times but the manga has not given any indication that he could actually harm a pacifista with his explosions. I could buy ussop having just about enough strong physical capacity to avoid attacks to some extent but it ultimately depends on whether his plant explosions pack enough of a punch. Perhaps he has a plant which can attack joins and whatnot though...

Chopper would definitely need monster point here. I have no idea what to make of this, nothing we have seen could confirm or deny chopper is stronger than a pacifista... I guess he would be a giant target for them. Eventually he should get the strenght to beat the crap out of one rather easily (as he along with the other strawhats should get the strength to be the equivalent to a commander) but as of now it is really hard to say.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

In my mind, every single member of the SHs should be able to take on a pacifista. Of course, the level of difficulty is going to vary significantly. Those considered to be the weakest; Nami and Usopp, also have ridiculous firepower that should be more than enough to take down a pacifista. And they've both shown greatly increased physicality that should provide the opportunities to pull off their attacks. Robin and Chopper are probably the only others who some might question. Robin's abilities have increased extensively in both power and variability after the timeskip. Chopper's MP was always quite powerful, and I would assume that like his other points it has become significantly stronger. Each of the SHs should, in theory, be able to bring down a pacifista.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how everyone thinks each strawhat could defeat a pacifista but in turn in other threads the notion that ussop, chopper, nami or robin would be able to defeat someone significantly weaker than the pacifista by a huge margin, rob lucci, is absurd. Ok, its three people so far but the implication of any of these guys winning against a pacifista is basically that they would also give rob lucci legitimate fodder treatment. Heck, even pre time skip luffy would be fodder to anyone here if what the poll suggests is true. I personally have no problem with that but still.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... The notion about the strawhats current power seems a bit abstract.... So the weakest members now could handle pre-time skip monster trio?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Funny how everyone thinks each strawhat could defeat a pacifista but in turn in other threads the notion that ussop, chopper, nami or robin would be able to defeat someone significantly weaker than the pacifista by a huge margin, rob lucci, is absurd. Ok, its three people so far but the implication of any of these guys winning against a pacifista is basically that they would also give rob lucci legitimate fodder treatment. Heck, even pre time skip luffy would be fodder to anyone here if what the poll suggests is true. I personally have no problem with that but still.
    This isn't so much about power levels, at least for me, as it is about matchups. I think that there are some major differences between the pacifistas and some of the other foes the SHs have faced. The pacifistas almost entirely rely on two things; their strong bodies and their lasers. They haven't shown any proclivity to engage directly or to even dodge attacks. That's the main reason that the SHs are likely to win. Once someone has the firepower to take out a pacifista, they've pretty much won. The pacifistas haven't shown anything beyond simplistic actions, and their primary attack is known and somewhat predictable. For the likes of Nami and Usopp, for example, it is likely to be far easier for them to take down a pacifista than it would be for them to handle someone like Lucci. Their main weakness, which is their physicality, shouldn't come into play anywhere near as much as it would against someone like Lucci.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when we saw them fight the strawhats they were actually quite engaged in the fight if I do recall, they are no so simplistic fighters IMO. The pacifista was not quite in an advantageous position against the strawhats in part 1 so to speak, he was fighting each and every one of them which means they could attack consecutively. More so, the original pacifista were able to handle insane damage so to speak. Chopper hit him with his strongest technique, brook got a hit on its shoulder, nami electrocuted it, ussop damaged it with an explosion inside its mouth, robin had the laser go inside his mouth, sanji hit him with diable jambe and zoro with azura and luffy finished him with gear 3. The implication of a strawhat defeating a pacifista is that at least their power right now exceeds by far the offensive capacity the strongest strawhat had 2 years ago (which again, I am fine with and IMO it only makes sense).

Not to mention that lucci's stamina and endurance from back then should be far inferior to what a pacifista from back then could do. One shooting a pacifista does have the implication that they can one shoot lucci. Not to mention that the pacifista are physically more powerful and faster than lucci.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of what you said with the possible exception of the quote below, which is the main reason I'd give the SHs wins over the pacifistas, but wouldn't necessarily give them the win over Lucci.

Not to mention that the pacifista are physically more powerful and faster than lucci.
    More powerful, yes. Faster, I'm somewhat doubtful of this. When have the pacifistas shown speed that would exceed Lucci's, and when have they shown the inclination to use that as an alternative to stand and shoot as their primary combat method. I can't think of an incident.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention that the pacifista are physically more powerful and faster than lucci.
    I won't deny that the Pacifistas have shown to be incredibly powerful, durable and physically capable. However, not a single pacifista, except for Kuma thanks to his DF, has shown to be able to move at a speed Lucci can. And that's why, even though the Strawhats might each be able to handle a pacifista, they might not necesarily be able to handle Lucci. Nami and Ussop especially. Yes, their physically capabilities have increased over the time skip. Ussop has clearly buffed up and Nami was able to dodge and deflect a blow from a fishman (10 times normal human strength) with no problem, and had the muscles needed to handle some of Sanji's moves when he was in her body. However, they haven't shown any sign of being able to keep up with Soru-level of speed yet, and they are certainly not capable of moving at such speed. Because of that, Lucci would have the advantage.

Ussop and Nami might have powerful attacks capable of downing Lucci, but for Lucci, all it would take to take them out is a Soru followed by a Shigan in their throat and bam, victory for Lucci. Chopper might have gained enough agility to be able to handle dodging Soru-speed attacks in Kung-fu point, and Brook always was fast so I don't doubt he could handle it. Franky's alloy should be strong enough to withstand a shigan from even Leopard Lucci now, I think (though remember, pre-time skip a normal Lucci shigan completely took out Franky). Robin, however, I'm not sure. I think it depends on who is faster: Lucci is shigan-ing her throat, or Robbing sprouting arms to snap his neck. I'm not sure if Robin is physically capable at this point to dodge attacks at soru-speed.

Eh, got kinda sidetracked here, sorry. ^^"
    Last edited by Keeper of Jericho; April 09, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd not be overly sure of Brook, Usopp or Nami winning. That implies they're above the level of the supernovas pre-TS, and I don't see Nami or Usopp being that strong. Brook, maybe, Chopper in MP should be able to, and Franky should be able to, but Usopp can fire off his plants, however them actually damaging the Pacifista enough to do serious damage (unless he goes YYH Kurama and plants seeds inside) seems unlikely. Nami, too - she can electrocute them but Pacifistas have shown to be able to tank a lot of weaker blows. They were relied upon to trap the WB pirates, and stop the supernovas. If a quick zap with a lightning bolt could defeat them, I'd be surprised. Also, I doubt her illusion powers would work - the pacifistas have targetting systems as opposed to eyes...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that in the first battle against a pacifista it was Nami and Robin that had the most effective solitary attacks before the Monster Trio combined to take the pacifista down. It was Robin's shock that forced the laser to explode within the pacifista's mouth, and it was Nami's thunder lance that sent it beserk right before the Monster Trio stepped in to take it down. Unlike the other SHs, Nami's attacks aren't physical, I've little doubt that her current lightning attacks would be more than enough to take down a pacifista. And the sheer scale of Usopp's plants are massive. If they don't overwhelm a pacifista by force, I'm certain he'd use the plants to bind him and attack the pacifista's weak points. He's a sniper... shoot a seed into its mouth, or any other break in its outer body and watch it get torn apart from the inside.
    Last edited by Impossibility; April 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ussop also caused a malfunction when he fired to the pacifista's mouth. Right now he would be able to do the same but with much greater force. Ussop should have increased range, firepower and speed in regards to his shooting power so he should be extremely effective at attacking potential vital points.

New Reply