Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Collective reading of NAUSICAÄ by Hayao MIYAZAKI

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective reading of NAUSICAÄ by Hayao MIYAZAKI

I have to admit the manga was difficult to read to me, and the art was a cause. I mean, it's clear he is a god. But for instance, it called my attention the fact that every panel is, to say it so, fully drawn:

Spoiler: Page randomly taken show

In comparison with most of the comics I have read, the other mangakas didn't draw that huge amount of lines on a page. It's like he has a powerful imagination capable to draw even the most simple details in every panel. That made me difficult precisely to focus on the details. If I compare with the movies, that huge amount of details are pretty beautiful, as in Spirited Away or like in the Howls Moving Castle, two of my favourite films from all times. In the movies the details was just there as part of a fluently story easy to told and easy to watch. An film-maker of animated movies needs a powerful imagination to be able to create such a beautiful films as those ones. But in the manga, sometimes it was like if every page would have too much information. For instance, in Sabaku no Tami, you have pages like this:

Spoiler show

Notice the huge amount of lines in the bottom-right panel. There you have sheep, two warriors with their armours devoutly drawn, and in the background a huge amount of lines which seems to correspond to a distant mountain. I suppose to represent a mountain that amount of details wasn't necessary. But if you are going to make a movie with that, surely to have the power to image the mountain in full detail will help you to represent the details and the movement in the movie. Well, I'm not an expert, but maybe to draw has different meanings in manga than in anime.

Anyway, that bothers my reading a bit, but it was not a major problem to me. I could enjoy the story, and also found such powerful drawings like those ones:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; June 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just buy the volumes, they are a lot clearer.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    ot that!

---------- Post added June 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was June 14, 2013 at 05:54 AM ----------

Spoiler: About the God Warrior. It contains spoiler of all volumes show
    Last edited by ukimix; June 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: About the ending show

I would like to thank the community and the members to introduce me this master piece... I loved it Thank you

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Spoiler: About the ending show

I would like to thank the community and the members to introduce me this master piece... I loved it Thank you
    Spoiler show

Ey guys, once you have end Nausicaä you really must read Shuna no Tabi.

The Journey of Shuna by Hayao MIYAZAKI

Description: Taken from http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/manga/shuna.html

"Shuna" is an all-watercolor manga published under Animage JuJu Bunko (Bunko is in smaller size than ordinary manga tankobons). It is more like a picture book than a manga, since it has only one or two panels per page, and no balloons for dialogues. Published in 1983, Shuna is considered by some as a Nausicaä prototype. Compared to Miyazaki's anime work, the story of Shuna is very dark and intense. But as in his other works, it is filled with characters possessing a strong will to live, and ends with hope.
    The visuals are stunning. It is beautifully and delicately colored in watercolor. There are many familiar images which you also find in Miyazaki's later movies, such as giants, ruins overgrown with plants, a boy, a girl, and goats.

Personal note:

The stories of Prometheus, Shuna and Nausicaä shares some common resemblances. All of them tries to steal some precious belonging of the gods, but all of them with different results. Sure, Shuna is a prototype of Nausicaä but also of Mononoke. You will meet a very enjoyable story in which you will be able to keept the track of many characters of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

You can read it here.
    Last edited by ukimix; June 24, 2013 at 06:26 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I just bought the 2 volumes Spanish deluxe edition, in hard cover. You were completely right!!! It's beautiful.

So happy!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4