Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

What role could the blind guy, who was introduced in chapter 701, play? Could he even be Fujitora who was sent by Akainu?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Seriously, I don't see even one connection between blind guy and Kyros, let alone hypothetical past king. The only connection that was hinted so far was to Fujitora. Anything else is a shot in the dark. I don't know how he can most probably be Kyros if there's not even one similarity between those two.

@ukimix: Now we're talking! If there are pirates, there should be booty!
    can u tel me were did it say he is Fujitora ????

for all we know he can be anyone. Fujitora , Kyros , one of Roger's man (my guess) or some other powerful fighter of roger's time

as far we know Fujitora is high class marine officer (i remember in past someone said we dont know that Fujitora is admiral than he can be vice admiral) always have crew with them only time we see them alone is Aokiji when he first meet luffy and gang and that time he was run from Marin headquarter/give himself vacation.
    when Kizaru go to Sabaody Archipelago he had crew with him
    when Akainu go to meet/fight BB after war he has crew with him

Fujitora is on mission so i m 100% sure he would have crew with him

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

Where does Razh said it was said ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    can u tel me were did it say he is Fujitora ????

for all we know he can be anyone. Fujitora , Kyros , one of Roger's man (my guess) or some other powerful fighter of roger's time

as far we know Fujitora is high class marine officer (i remember in past someone said we dont know that Fujitora is admiral than he can be vice admiral) always have crew with them only time we see them alone is Aokiji when he first meet luffy and gang and that time he was run from Marin headquarter/give himself vacation.
    when Kizaru go to Sabaody Archipelago he had crew with him
    when Akainu go to meet/fight BB after war he has crew with him

Fujitora is on mission so i m 100% sure he would have crew with him
    The key is when the blind man gave the paper to the bartender telling him to collect the debt from there. And the bartender went "ehhhh... you are!!"

- If he was Kyros, we won't get this reaction, because he is unknown to anyone.
    - If he is Fujitora, the reaction makes sense.

The past king saying is just people running their imagination wild, there's no supporting whatsoever. Doflamingo obviously seems immensely popular in Dressrosa, doesn't make sense he came and conquered this country.

Don't know why so much attention is put into the blind man any way, hes not that interesting to me. I can't wait to see how strong Luffy is against these level of opponents.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Where does Razh said it was said ?
    HTML Code:
    Seriously, I don't see even one connection between blind guy and Kyros, let alone hypothetical past king. [B]The only connection that was hinted so far was to Fujitora.[/B] Anything else is a shot in the dark. I don't know how he can most probably be Kyros if there's not even one similarity between those two
    here he said that only connection that was hinted so far was to Fujitora but if i m not wrong about Fujitora we know is his/her name other than that we dont know anything we didnt know that Fujitora is male or female, his/her personality, his/her rank (admiral,vice admiral or something else), what is his/her power, how he/she look like , age etc
    i m not saying that he can not b Fujitora . i m saying that there is chance he can be someone else
    Last edited by suraj5898; April 08, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

HTML Code:
    Seriously, I don't see even one connection between blind guy and Kyros, let alone hypothetical past king. [B]The only connection that was hinted so far was to Fujitora.[/B] Anything else is a shot in the dark. I don't know how he can most probably be Kyros if there's not even one similarity between those two
    here he said that only connection that was hinted so far was to Fujitora but if i m not wrong about Fujitora we know is his/her name other than that we dont know anything we didnt know that Fujitora is male or female, his/her personality, his/her rank (admiral,vice admiral or something else), what is his/her power, how he/she look like , age etc
    i m not saying that he can not b Fujitora . i m saying that there is chance he can be someone else
    Fine...

Clues supporting blind guy is Fujitora:
    We know Fujitora is going to be on Dressrosa, since Akainu ordered him. He's modeled after famous japanese actor, just like other admirals. His speech about how blind people can't see terrible things in the world could imply on his unique sense of justice, blind justice, like Aokiji's lazy justice or Akainu's dark justice. Him giving a billing adress to the bartended implies strongly that he works for some organization, guess you could say trashing the place falls under "travel expenses", lol. Bartender recognized him only after he gave him billing adress.

Clues supporting blind guy is former Dressrosa king:
    None, until we find out who the former king was. Was he Mingo's father, uncle? Did he die or is he alive? Did Mingo succeed him or did he overthrow him?

Clues supporting blind guy is Kyros:
    None? Statue doesn't look anything like blind guy, and the weapons differ. How could a bartender recognize a gladiator of whom people aren't sure if he even existed?

Can't be totally objective and feel free to fill me up if I skipped some good hints on blind guy being anyone but Fujitora.
    Last edited by Razh; April 08, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

HTML Code:
    I suggest that you reread all the last chapters discussion threads. All the hints Razh referred to were discussed pages long.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A reference to an old actor is the only tangible hint so far that the old man is Fujitora. And as far as hints go, that is tenuous proof, at best. All of the original Shichibukai had animal themes, but none of the replacements do. Oda can reference an old actor without making the character an Admiral. There is no reason to assume anything based on nothing but a pop culture reference.

If the old man is Fujitora, why is he attending the tournament as a spectator? Marines are not even allowed at the Colosseum. One would think that a Marine Admiral would be especially unwelcome. The reason for holding the tournament is to neutralize Luffy, to distract him from his real goal, and break up the alliance. Fujitora's goal is to stop whatever Law and Luffy have planned. If he is a spectator in the Colosseum, that is not possible. To do his job he would have to be tracking Law and Doflamingo, not watching the tournament from the stands.

If it is so obvious he is an Admiral, why wait so long to reveal his identity? The whole argument is based on the fact that by basing him on an old actor, a week after first naming Fujitora, Oda was deliberately making the old man's true identity obvious to readers. If so, then why let the mystery linger so long. It's been a month now, and the old man's identity still has not been officially revealed. If it's so obvious to everyone, and Oda dropped such a deliberate hint, why bother dragging it out so long?

There is no "proof" that the old man is Kyros. It is merely a matter of fitting the old man into the greater plot. Why did he head straight for the Colosseum? What was the point in showing the statue? How does it tie in with Dressrosa's past? How do explain only one character recognizing the old man? Why did Oda loosely connect the old man and the fairies? How did the old man lose his eyes? If he is Kyros, those plot points start coming together. The only injury he sustained during the tournament was how he lost his eyes. He was Dressrosa's greatest hero before the coming of Doflamingo. His identity was erased after Doflamingo's rise to power. The statue was built by the fairies, explaining how it mysteriously appeared, and why it never has been removed. Like the fairies, his existence is acknowledged, but treated like a folktale or myth. Hearing that Doflamingo resigned, he returned to the island. As a former gladiator, his destination was the Colosseum, to see this great tournament for himself. It would also explain why only the bartender acknowledged him. Kyros is treated like a myth, nobody has met him, nobody knows if he is real or not. The bartender could have been asking "You... but no, it couldn't be... the legendary gladiator Kyros!?" Kyros last fought twenty years ago. He has grown old, his appearance would have changed. Kyros will be critically important to the arc. His return now would make sense. If the old man were Kyros, it would explain a lot of what has happened so far.

There of course is no "proof" he is Kyros. But there are tangible hints, all of them plot related. The only tangible hint that he is Fujitora is a pop culture reference, not related to the plot, explain nothing, and only open up more questions. That is not to say the old man can not be Fujitora. That is a fair possibility. But there is plenty of reason to believe that he is not Fujitora, and no reason to assume that he is.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 08, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaiten,
    The old man told Luffy that for both of their sake it would be unwise to tell him who he really is.
    If he's Kyros or the former king of Dressrosa, it's not logical.
    But if he is the Admiral with his "Blind justice", then he may have decided before tracking Law and Luffy, to see what's goin' on on this island.
    I think he understood who is that "Fake beard kid", but because of the fact that Luffy helped him for the Roulette, he won't try for the moment to capture him (Luffy seems to be a nice man).
    For me there is a lot of reasons to believe he is Fujitora.
    Time will tell.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    A reference to an old actor is the only tangible hint so far that the old man is Fujitora. And as far as hints go, that is tenuous proof, at best. All of the original Shichibukai had animal themes, but none of the replacements do. Oda can reference an old actor without making the character an Admiral. There is no reason to assume anything based on nothing but a pop culture reference.

If the old man is Fujitora, why is he attending the tournament as a spectator? Marines are not even allowed at the Colosseum. One would think that a Marine Admiral would be especially unwelcome. The reason for holding the tournament is to neutralize Luffy, to distract him from his real goal, and break up the alliance. Fujitora's goal is to stop whatever Law and Luffy have planned. If he is a spectator in the Colosseum, that is not possible. To do his job he would have to be tracking Law and Doflamingo, not watching the tournament from the stands.

If it is so obvious he is an Admiral, why wait so long to reveal his identity? The whole argument is based on the fact that by basing him on an old actor, a week after first naming Fujitora, Oda was deliberately making the old man's true identity obvious to readers. If so, then why let the mystery linger so long. It's been a month now, and the old man's identity still has not been officially revealed. If it's so obvious to everyone, and Oda dropped such a deliberate hint, why bother dragging it out so long?

Why did Oda loosely connect the old man and the fairies?

There of course is no "proof" he is Kyros. But there are tangible hints, all of them plot related. The only tangible hint that he is Fujitora is a pop culture reference, not related to the plot, explain nothing, and only open up more questions. That is not to say the old man can not be Fujitora. That is a fair possibility. But there is plenty of reason to believe that he is not Fujitora, and no reason to assume that he is.
    Oda uses musicians and famous people for characters, but AFAIK only admirals appearances have gotten the famous japanese actors from the 70/80s treatment.

He already expressed his wish to keep the identity secret, for both their sakes [Luffy and his], only gave a name/adress to pay for the bills. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that he's like Kizaru, super confident, while still being caring for the people. Letting Luffy go for the moment wouldn't be a problem for him, especially because he might be as good at CoO as Rayleigh, considering an admiral must be highly proficient in haki and he's actually blind [the Daredevil Effect :P]. You have to consider that Dressrosa is no small place, they are just in the port city of the country, meaning Luffy can't create much unrest within hours.

Showing no distinctive mark/affiliation to the marines, wearing a coat, not suit and cape unlike 95% of all admirals, making himself look like a blind man[edit: expressed wrongly, meant the usage of the staff, which seems to be nonsensical after he precisely took out the hoodlums] , maybe even a poor one, why would the colloseum deny such a man entry?

I don't see such a connection, it was a convenient moment to split the group apart, I would rather blame it on Oda for increasing the pace in such a situation and am glad for that.

P.S.: Welcome to the forum, Sproumfch! And not, Luffy isn't the strongest far yet, that will be a looooooong journey till he is. + We've got a thread regading the ending of the series, long posts were made, there is undecision if it will be BB first or WG first or all together, it's worthing looking it up.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Fine...

Clues supporting blind guy is Fujitora:
    We know Fujitora is going to be on Dressrosa, since Akainu ordered him. He's modeled after famous japanese actor, just like other admirals. His speech about how blind people can't see terrible things in the world could imply on his unique sense of justice, blind justice, like Aokiji's lazy justice or Akainu's dark justice. Him giving a billing adress to the bartended implies strongly that he works for some organization, guess you could say trashing the place falls under "travel expenses", lol. Bartended recognized him only after he gave him billing adress.

Clues supporting blind guy is former Dressrosa king:
    None, until we find out who the former king was. Was he Mingo's father, uncle? Did he die or is he alive? Did Mingo succeed him or did he overthrow him?

Clues supporting blind guy is Kyros:
    None? Statue doesn't look anything like blind guy, and the weapons differ. How could a bartender recognize a gladiator of whom people aren't sure if he even existed?

Can't be totally objective and feel free to fill me up if I skipped some good hints on blind guy being anyone but Fujitora.
    as i said he can b Fujitora or someone else

i wanted to ask who r BB, law and buggy's animals

about weapons differ ( its mean different weapons right ?) we have zoro, usopp and Franky in Straw Hat Pirates
    zoro - when we first saw him he has different swords then which he use now
    usopp - his weapon is different then before
    franky - he have new body now
    i think that Statue is 20 years old (kyros 20 years before look) so he can change is 20 years

Kaiten have write good post just like him i will say i dont have any proof he is Kyros or i wanted to say he is kyros.
    i guess that he is one of rogers crew member (i know my guess is 0% chance in front of Kyros and Fujitora) but that what i think

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanted to ask who r BB, law and buggy's animals
    Kaiten answered this in his last post.

Quote Quote:
    All of the original Shichibukai had animal themes, but none of the replacements do.
    BB: Cerberus, Law: Tiger, Buggy: all circus ones, don't forget good old Richie! :P

Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The faires steal from "everybody" or are rather a constant in Dressrosa, your explanation could be possible, but there is still no evidence given to suggest it more likely than them being some kind of real being, even if not real supernatural fairies.
    Yeah i know there is no evidence im just saying it might be him, and also just cause the "fairies" steal from everybody doesnt mean its not him, maybe he steals alot but the things he steals are important and arent just bullshit hahaha.

But anyways well see later

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda uses musicians and famous people for characters, but AFAIK only admirals appearances have gotten the famous japanese actors from the 70/80s treatment.
    Oda is under no obligation to only model Admiral on old actor. There would be no plot consequences for changing, it is something bound only to his whim. If he wants to change, he can. It's not something important enough for fans to even be critical of.

Quote Quote:
    He already expressed his wish to keep the identity secret, for both their sakes [Luffy and his], only gave a name/adress to pay for the bills. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that he's like Kizaru, super confident, while still being caring for the people. Letting Luffy go for the moment wouldn't be a problem for him, especially because he might be as good at CoO as Rayleigh, considering an admiral must be highly proficient in haki and he's actually blind [the Daredevil Effect :P]. You have to consider that Dressrosa is no small place, they are just in the port city of the country, meaning Luffy can't create much unrest within hours.
    Fujitora was first named in chapter 700, the old man introduced in chapter 701. In chapter 702 he refused to identify himself, while the bartender recognized him, but failed to say his name. Because he is modeled on an old actor, most fans have claimed his true identity is obvious. Other than needless suspense, what is the point of dragging this out for five chapters, if it is so obvious? If he is someone else, Oda can take his time to develop some mystery around him, while giving us the relevant history needed to appreciate the character and his role.

Quote Quote:
    Showing no distinctive mark/affiliation to the marines, wearing a coat, not suit and cape unlike 95% of all admirals, making himself look like a blind man, maybe even a poor one, why would the colloseum deny such a man entry?
    A little too Clark Kent for my taste. Unlike Luffy, his face does not seem to be covered or disguised in any way. There is also no reason to believe he is faking his blindness. His face should be readily identifiable. The only point of confusion would be that he is not in uniform. Someone as prominent as an Admiral should be easily identifiable in or out of uniform, especially somewhere Marines are expressly forbidden.

If the old man is Fujitora, the issue with the Colosseum was handled in an unnecessarily awkward way. The old man is shown in the Colosseum first. We were not told that Marines and police were forbidden entry until the next chapter. Considering his identity is still not known, Oda would have to write in circles to explain how the old man got there. First he'd have to be revealed as Fujitora, than Oda would have to retroactively explain how an Admiral could sneak in, and only then would he be able to explain why he is there. Oda's writing is usually smoother than that. It would have made more sense if Colosseum rules were explained first, then the old man was shown sneaking in. In that scenario it would not matter when he was identified, because no ret-con would be necessary.

Quote Quote:
    I don't see such a connection, it was a convenient moment to split the group apart, I would rather blame it on Oda for increasing the pace in such a situation and am glad for that.
    I think Oda deliberately chose that moment to introduce the fairies. It was both a convenient way to split the party, and build an association between the old man and fairies. If he is Kyros that also would explain why the statue just suddenly appeared, without having to introduce another character.

Kaiten answered this in his last post.

BB: Cerberus, Law: Tiger, Buggy: all circus ones, don't forget good old Richie! :P

Teach, Law, and Buggy are not directly linked to animals like the originals were. "Boa" Hancock, Doflamingo, Kuma (bear), "Gecko" Moriah, Hawkeye Mihawk, Jinbe (a fishman), and Crocodile.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Post OP 704: Fujitora?

Oh... the part with the animals was a joke, honestly, why did you think I wrote ths "Kaiten answered this in his last post." before quoting you?! The :P smilie should have made that pretty clear.

You mean Jinbe: a whale shark. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Oda is under no obligation to only model Admiral on old actor. There would be no plot consequences for changing, it is something bound only to his whim. If he wants to change, he can. It's not something important enough for fans to even be critical of.
    There is no obligation, but let's not miss the point that this would be a first time deviating from that certain schema. I think that's important point to discuss and so do many others here.

Quote Quote:
    Fujitora was first named in chapter 700, the old man introduced in chapter 701. In chapter 702 he refused to identify himself, while the bartender recognized him, but failed to say his name. Because he is modeled on an old actor, most fans have claimed his true identity is obvious. Other than needless suspense, what is the point of dragging this out for five chapters, if it is so obvious? If he is someone else, Oda can take his time to develop some mystery around him, while giving us the relevant history needed to appreciate the character and his role.
    It's still a manga for teenagers too, I don't think we should be critical of leaving out the name box yet. It would be counteractive to the mugiwaras guessing and questioning his identity. The part with the bartender would be totally futile, if we had learned his name beforehand. All we know that he's someone big, it's nice of Oda to give us somthing to discuss for a couple weeks.

Quote Quote:
    A little too Clark Kent for my taste. Unlike Luffy, his face does not seem to be covered or disguised in any way. There is also no reason to believe he is faking his blindness. His face should be readily identifiable. The only point of confusion would be that he is not in uniform. Someone as prominent as an Admiral should be easily identifiable in or out of uniform, especially somewhere Marines are expressly forbidden.
    His face is likely not shown in newspapers as often as bounty posters of various famous pirate crews around the world. Should they have a big poster showing evety single VA and up? I asked this before some weeks ago: Would you recognice the top 5/10/20 of the military echelon of your country? I'm highly doubtful of that. Maybe they were talking about official marine presence, as those don't simply stoll into a colloseum where people are allowed to die by the hand of non-marines/police. It would be against their priciples, I could see Akainu punishing those that would do so, if he were a local like Smoker was at Louguetown. They are under the obligation to hunt, capture and kill pirates if needed, going to an colloseum for amusement/entertainment is the last thing I imagine them to do.

Quote Quote:
    If the old man is Fujitora, the issue with the Colosseum was handled in an unnecessarily awkward way. The old man is shown in the Colosseum first. We were not told that Marines and police were forbidden entry until the next chapter. Considering his identity is still not known, Oda would have to write in circles to explain how the old man got there. First he'd have to be revealed as Fujitora, than Oda would have to retroactively explain how an Admiral could sneak in, and only then would he be able to explain why he is there. Oda's writing is usually smoother than that. It would have made more sense if Colosseum rules were explained first, then the old man was shown sneaking in. In that scenario it would not matter when he was identified, because no ret-con would be necessary.
    The blind man's current appearance has a big recognizability [blind with striking scars on both eyes], if he was an resident of the island, wouldn't somebody have recognized that somebody after twenty years? It looks rather like he came from beyond Dressrosa, as he was in the port city too, gambled a bit for his own enjoyment or reconnoitring and moved on inwards to the place that amassed lot's of big [pirate] names. Maybe the marines plan to nab every single pirate on the island, it would be the perfect moment to fuck them all up, start the big war machine that Akainu probably wishes for.

Quote Quote:
    I think Oda deliberately chose that moment to introduce the fairies. It was both a convenient way to split the party, and build an association between the old man and fairies. If he is Kyros that also would explain why the statue just suddenly appeared, without having to introduce another character.
    Kyros could have also something to do Rebecca and/or the happyness that everybody on the island is showing despite the Mingo's renouncement yesterday. Much is possible, Kyros being blind man, Imo not so much.

Edited the part about the staff above.
    Quote Quote:
    expressed it wrongly, meant the usage of the staff, which seems to be nonsensical after he precisely took out the hoodlums]
    Sorry if I repeated unnecessarily, a bit time-pressed right now.

"Now I will show you the gravity of your crimes!/Let the gravity of your sins be judge!" *everybody is crushed.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast