Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

The bartender recognized him after looking at an address. Sorry but I don't understand how that hint to someone about whom everything was forgotten. Also I'm pretty sure he had more scar on his face than his blind eyes.
    And if Oda is not compeled to follow the pattern he has himself created, his fans will appreciate much more if he does. Also what would be the point to mislead the readers by using it for another character. And since he is on the usland incognito, I don't see why he should not be in the coliseum. As for his identity not being revealed after 4 chapters, he didn't even appear in last chapter ! If jinbei could wait 600 chapters, fujitora can 5 or 6.
    Last edited by k-dom; April 08, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The bartender recognized him after looking at an address. Sorry but I don't understand how that hint to someone about whom everything was forgotten.
    That is very common. A written sign makes a connection with a lost memory. There are a lot of examples in many fictional stories and for sure in everyday life. Have you seen Finding Nemo? At the end, when Marlin leaves Dolly she forgets everything about him; when she meets Nemo she doesn't remember he is Marli's son. But when she reads again "p sherman 42 wallaby sydney" she reminds everything and takes Nemo with his father. Our mind accept that fictional event because it's very familiar to us.

Quote Quote:
    Also what would be the point to mislead the readers by using it for another character.
    Well, you know, it wouldn't be the first time Oda mislead his readers.

Quote Quote:
    And since he is on the usland incognito, I don't see why he should not be in the coliseum.
    The reason is simple: if your mission is to stop Luffy and Law, and you find Luffy, even if you were instructed about not doing anything for a day, you just don't leave him behind, you keep tracking him. It would have much more sense, because if you are lucky Luffy could drive you to Law. I wrote it again here.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    That is very common. A written sign makes a connection with a lost memory. There are a lot of examples in many fictional stories and for sure in everyday life. Have you seen Finding Nemo? At the end, when Marlin leaves Dolly she forgets everything about him; when she meets Nemo she doesn't remember he is Marli's son. But when she reads again "p sherman 42 wallaby sydney" she reminds everything and takes Nemo with his father. Our mind accept that fictional event because it's very familiar to us.
    That's nice and all, but I believe you don't even think it's something like that yourself. Rebecca said it clearly, the man is a legend and nobody knows anything about him, let alone his home address. Something you don't know about can't trigger a memory of someone you don't know.

Quote Quote:
    Well, just because he didn't reveal his identity right away, doesn't mean that it's not Fujitora. Some people forget that Oda is not always that unpredictable. I remember a lot of people doubted Aokiji was sitting on a bird, even though there were plenty of clues, some even saying that it seemed too obvious that it was Aokiji. I remember people saying that Dofla wasn't the owner of the auction house, because Jolly Rogers didn't have the same number of teeth...

Quote Quote:
    The reason is simple: if your mission is to stop Luffy and Law, and you find Luffy, even if you were instructed about not doing anything for a day, you just don't leave him behind, you keep tracking him. It would have much more sense, because if you are lucky Luffy could drive you to Law. I wrote it again here.
    We don't know what Fujitora's exact mission is, but I'd bet it's not limited to Luffy and Law only. If Dofla didn't resign his position of warlord, Akainu wouldn't even bother sending an admiral there. The way things turned out, the situation could escalate quickly. If Fujitora was sent to observe the situation and act if things turn to worse, then it makes sense to blend in with the crowd. Or maybe he knows more about the tournament than we do, As it is, Colliseum is probably the hottest spot on the island now. That many strong fighters from different countries, all of them hoping to get mera mera.

Has it occured to anyone that maybe WG wants mera mera for themselves? As Dagama said, it's a weapon. A powerful weapon. For an organization that constantly tries to increase it's military might to pass this opportunity? Maybe that's Fujitora's mission as well.

I find that a lot more likely than Kyros coming back to watch the tournament after 20 years, on the same day Fujitora is supposed to be on Dressrosa, and coming across a bartender that knew where he lived, looking completely different than his statue and using a different weapon.

I'd like to be surprised too, but I just don't see it.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That's nice and all, but I believe you don't even think it's something like that yourself. Rebecca said it clearly, the man is a legend and nobody knows anything about him, let alone his home address. Something you don't know about can't trigger a memory of someone you don't know.

Well, just because he didn't reveal his identity right away, doesn't mean that it's not Fujitora. Some people forget that Oda is not always that unpredictable. I remember a lot of people doubted Aokiji was sitting on a bird, even though there were plenty of clues, some even saying that it seemed too obvious that it was Aokiji. I remember people saying that Dofla wasn't the owner of the auction house, because Jolly Rogers didn't have the same number of teeth...

We don't know what Fujitora's exact mission is, but I'd bet it's not limited to Luffy and Law only. If Dofla didn't resign his position of warlord, Akainu wouldn't even bother sending an admiral there. The way things turned out, the situation could escalate quickly. If Fujitora was sent to observe the situation and act if things turn to worse, then it makes sense to blend in with the crowd. Or maybe he knows more about the tournament than we do, As it is, Colliseum is probably the hottest spot on the island now. That many strong fighters from different countries, all of them hoping to get mera mera.

Has it occured to anyone that maybe WG wants mera mera for themselves? As Dagama said, it's a weapon. A powerful weapon. For an organization that constantly tries to increase it's military might to pass this opportunity? Maybe that's Fujitora's mission as well.

I find that a lot more likely than Kyros coming back to watch the tournament after 20 years, on the same day Fujitora is supposed to be on Dressrosa, and coming across a bartender that knew where he lived, looking completely different than his statue and using a different weapon.

I'd like to be surprised too, but I just don't see it.
    My post was about reasonable doubts. I'm open to the fact that the man could be fujitora, and also to the fact he can be another character. So, I try to point things that makes us see we can't be sure about anything of that. So:

- And a sign can trigger the recovering of lost memories. It's a mechanism similar to the hypnosis (talking about Doflamingo and Momo's sudden memories of him), when certain event triggers some kind of behaviour: (when I say: "tomato" you take the gun and kill the guy".) In fact, it's a very regular feature of our mind. And, do we know what was the words in the paper the bartender read? Nope. Like the word 'tomato' in the example, there could be a word that makes him to remember. It's possible.

- If we don't forget that Oda is not always unpredictable, that's because we also remember that sometimes he is unpreditable. Even more, a prediction is a prediction, like a guess or a conjecture. It's not a deductive argument. Otherwise we should read fan deductive arguments intead of the story.

- If we don't know what exactly Fujitora's mission is, we do know that he has the mission to not let Luffy and Law do what they pleases. That is all what is required to understand that it's odd that he left Luffy behind. At least we should wait for more explanations to be sure. And if Fuji is searching for the mera mera no mi, well that would be possible tho much more far-fetched that supposing the blind man is the former king of dressrosa.

I also would like to be surprised. But right now I simply don't know who he is, as it happened with Aokiji and his shadow. I choose to be ignorant, til the story tells the true.
    Last edited by ukimix; April 09, 2013 at 03:57 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

- And a sign can trigger the recovering of lost memories. It's a mechanism similar to the hypnosis (talking about Doflamingo and Momo's sudden memories of him), when certain event triggers some kind of behaviour: (when I say: "tomato" you take the gun a kill the guy".) In fact, it's a very regular feature of our mind. And, do we know what was the words in the paper the bartender read? Nope. Like the word 'tomato' in the example, there could be a word that makes him to remember. It's possible.
    Imo that sounds like a bad route the plot is going to take with that kind of direction. A paper that stops illusions? Oo Why would the bartender just accept it like that, why would he care who that person is, even a legendary one. And that still does not explaining at all why he warned Luffy from learning his identy or rather him presenting his to Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Do you think Luffy is Garp equal now after 2 years of hard training?
    No, that would put him on the level of an admiral. His single punch against Marco in the war did show that nobody but the big fish should dare to apporach him in a real fight, with Luffy not being one of them at the moment.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blind Guy = Katsu Shintaro from Zatoichi, the blind Swordsman.

So yeah, he mostly likely is the Admiral seeing the other ones being also based upon japanese legendary actors.
    Last edited by Beatrice; April 08, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, so Mr. Shintaro hates gamblers? Which way the screen cap is leading to?
    Either way, I wonder if Blind guy is here to arrest anyone, or even to help destroy
    the factory : D
    http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-P...ce-699/page-12

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He did but not that much in the end if you look about it. And misleads so far were plot driven. Here it would be a mislead based on the connection he has installed with the reader. To me it would be very weak

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

He did but not that much in the end if you look about it. And misleads so far were plot driven. Here it would be a mislead based on the connection he has installed with the reader. To me it would be very weak
    Yeah, would be kind of cheap trick for me, not designed for suspense, but just to fool the readers. A twist that is a purpose to itself.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jojophile View Post
    Cool, so Mr. Shintaro hates gamblers? Which way the screen cap is leading to?
    Either way, I wonder if Blind guy is here to arrest anyone, or even to help destroy
    the factory : D
    http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-P...ce-699/page-12
    Looks kinda familiar?
    Spoiler show

P.S. For extra lols, check out the comments
    Last edited by Razh; April 09, 2013 at 05:24 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Blind Guy = Katsu Shintaro from Zatoichi, the blind Swordsman.

So yeah, he mostly likely is the Admiral seeing the other ones being also based upon japanese legendary actors.
    This feels like you just wanted to throw it into the discussion again, aren't we already past pointing pictures of Zatoichi, like three weeks past. ^^

You can find the last big argument from post #521 and up, since you seemingly have ignored the elaborative posts up there.

K-dom: Does he mislead or rather let's the readers do part of the thinking and connecting for once?
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 09, 2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the fact that the past admirals were based on TV Japanese actors is not an essential part of the plot.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    K-dom: Does he mislead or rather let's the readers do part of the thinking and connecting for once?
    It would be a mislead if it wasn't fujitora. And one could say that Oda didn't find it necessary to formally introduce himbecause the hints were enough. From what I understood his identity was not really discuss in Japanese forums.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a mislead if it wasn't fujitora. And one could say that Oda didn't find it necessary to formally introduce himbecause the hints were enough. From what I understood his identity was not really discuss in Japanese forums.
    Yes, the moment he appeared, the Japanese forums were, more or less, convinced. It´s definitely not discussed. Of course Kaiten is not wrong, Oda has no obligation to continue with this pattern but the question is, why would he use it now if it´s not according to the pattern? To mislead the fandom? No, since that would be a rather cheap move that Oda has never done before to be honest. Is it because he does not care about the pattern anymore? That in turn would diminish the scheme he previously introduced.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Excuse me for wanting to further elaborate on another users post showing that it really is him.
    You are missing my point, the participants of the discussion do know that he looks like the actor/character in Zatoichi, repeating it did not add to the discussion, it was just a repetition. And I simply don't see the point to go in circles[it's annoying], since I think him looking like that should be the basic knowledge to begin with[it's been repeated countless times over the last few weeks] for going into further debate/argumentation. But I'm not somebody to stop you from continue to do so, I liked lot's of your earlier posts.

In short: Him looking like an certain actor is undisputable, but we've gone further already, haven't we?

Maybe my wording wasn't any good. I stand behind him being Fujitora, so I don't see Oda misleading anybody.

Beatrice is new in One Piece forum in case you didn't notice so what is the reason to be harsh on her like that ? Your constant sarcastic tone is not always appropriated.
    It was a clarification of my pov on the discussion, nothing else. Not sarcastic and not meant to be mean. The discussion has gone further than providing info about his similarities of the blind man and Zatoichi, with lengthy posts on the very same page. Maybe I felt like it's throwing back the dicussion a bit, I will execuse myself for that. You can also keep your critique of my personality to yourself, I think I've understood that from the last couple posts concerning that a some months back. A mod will surely adress me personally if I go to far, they've done so before. Guess what, I appreciate every single new poster in the OP subforum.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 09, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Beatrice is new in One Piece forum in case you didn't notice so what is the reason to be harsh on her like that ? Your constant sarcastic tone is not always appropriated.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast