Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Wow, so the Zatoichi movies in entirety is uploaded already (darkness is his ally),
    just watched one of it in quick speed. It didn't show
    Admiral Fujitora : P has any ability though, just lighting fast sword skills.

    Maybe his DB is very dangerous attack-all-targets-regardless type,
    hence his comment to Luffy. But don't understand why he needs to draw his
    sword to 'release' that 'dark hole' ability though.

    Akainu likely pick him to fight against BB then, where did he get such a guy : D ?

  2. #32
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Yes, the moment he appeared, the Japanese forums were, more or less, convinced. It´s definitely not discussed. Of course Kaiten is not wrong, Oda has no obligation to continue with this pattern but the question is, why would he use it now if it´s not according to the pattern? To mislead the fandom? No, since that would be a rather cheap move that Oda has never done before to be honest. Is it because he does not care about the pattern anymore? That in turn would diminish the scheme he previously introduced.
    His reasoning could be that he was getting to predictable. The second everyone sees a character modeled on an actor they assume it is the new admiral, without even the slightest bit of plot or contextual information. Sometimes misleading the audience is good, it shakes people out of their complacency. It is not as if this is anything of real importance. How big a deal is it really if the old man is based on an actor, but not an Admiral? It wouldn't effect the story in the least. Would it hurt the reading experience at all, or take any of the pleasure away from what really matters? What if he isn't even referencing the actor at all? He could be referencing the character. Maybe the only reason he looks like the actor is so the audience recognizes the character. If readers want to jump to conclusions then they are welcome to.

    ---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    That is very common. A written sign makes a connection with a lost memory. There are a lot of examples in many fictional stories and for sure in everyday life. Have you seen Finding Nemo? At the end, when Marlin leaves Dolly she forgets everything about him; when she meets Nemo she doesn't remember he is Marli's son. But when she reads again "p sherman 42 wallaby sydney" she reminds everything and takes Nemo with his father. Our mind accept that fictional event because it's very familiar to us.
    Exactly. In this case the bartender saw his face, the old man was standing their in person, half a meter away. If that does not jog any memories, nothing will.

    Quote Quote:
    Well, you know, it wouldn't be the first time Oda mislead his readers.
    It's a visual clue, not a major plot point. Can it even be called "misleading"? Wouldn't the blame be on the reader, for taking the bait?

    Quote Quote:
    The reason is simple: if your mission is to stop Luffy and Law, and you find Luffy, even if you were instructed about not doing anything for a day, you just don't leave him behind, you keep tracking him. It would have much more sense, because if you are lucky Luffy could drive you to Law. I wrote it again here.
    The only reason for Fujitora not to confront Luffy is for plot convenience. There is no believable way he could have left without confronting his target after such a massive display of strength. That is ultimately my problem with the old man being Fujitora. So many plot contrivances would have to happen for him to be an Admiral. Only one person in a crowded bar recognized him, but not until he was walking out the door. Marines are not allowed in the Colosseum, but somehow an Admiral was admitted. Going to the colosseum takes him away from the real action, Green-bit and the Smile Factory. He can't be there to find Luffy. He already found Luffy, and passed up the opportunity to confront him. We also don't know the details of Smoker's report. He knew Law was headed to Green-Bit. If he didn't include that, what was the point of Law even telling him? If Smoker did include it in his report, that is where Fujitora will be. And chances are Smoker did include it, otherwise it was wasted dialog.

  3. #33
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    I quote myself
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The admiral is more likely on observation. Let's not forget it's not just Law and Luffy, the marines have also to deal with DonFlamingo especially now that they learned he is Jocker and had put a mole on G5. That the admiral ignores his action while being on his headquarters is highly unlikely.
    And the fact that the coliseum is forbidden to marine is not a plot hole as long as nobody knows who he is.

  4. #34
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    He could either be Fujitora or someone quite powerful. I think he at least has Color of OBservation haki because he kept getting the right color when he was playing roulette. He's also shown to be powerful with the way he made a huge hole in the ground. He's certainly a big player somehow, maybe not as known.

    Does Dressrosa even keep up with the news?

  5. #35
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    There is no believable way he could have left without confronting his target after such a massive display of strength.

    Marines are not allowed in the Colosseum, but somehow an Admiral was admitted. Going to the colosseum takes him away from the real action, Green-bit and the Smile Factory. He can't be there to find Luffy. He already found Luffy, and passed up the opportunity to confront him.

    If Smoker did include it in his report, that is where Fujitora will be. And chances are Smoker did include it, otherwise it was wasted dialog.
    Could you elaborate on the first sentence please? Why shouldn't he be able to do so? The blind man is one of many powerful people in the OPverse, therefore he could have various reasons not to confront other people. Luffy did try to inquire, but was refused a clear answer to keep the situation quiet for the moment. Why make his pressence known the very first couple hours he's on a mission[if he's Fujitora]? I don't see the logic behind that. We have to consider that Mingo probabaly also has spies/henchmen all around the island, those shouldn't learn of his pressence there either.

    I did reply to your post above, commenting on some other points mentioned.
    Quote Quote:
    His face is likely not shown in newspapers as often as bounty posters of various famous pirate crews around the world. Should they have a big poster showing evety single VA and up? I asked this before some weeks ago: Would you recognice the top 5/10/20 of the military echelon of your country? I'm highly doubtful of that. Maybe they were talking about official marine presence, as those don't simply stroll into a colloseum where people are allowed to die by the hand of non-marines/police. It would be against their priciples, I could see Akainu punishing those that would do so, if he were a local like Smoker was at Louguetown. They are under the obligation to hunt, capture and kill pirates if needed, going to an colloseum for amusement/entertainment is the last thing I imagine them to do.

    The blind man's current appearance has a big recognizability [blind with striking scars on both eyes], if he was an resident of the island, wouldn't somebody have recognized that somebody after twenty years? It looks rather like he came from beyond Dressrosa, as he was in the port city too, gambled a bit for his own enjoyment or reconnoitring and moved on inwards to the place that amassed lot's of big [pirate] names. Maybe the marines plan to nab every single pirate on the island, it would be the perfect moment to fuck them all up, start the big war machine that Akainu probably wishes for.
    He knows Luffy is on the island right now and wont go away too, arriving in Acacia. No reason was given to act overhasty in the casino. Even despite Luffy's past, he will know that Luffy alone isn't the big problem here, it's the whole situation the country is currently in, accumulating famous pirates from all over the NW, the king resigning, a potential arrival of a fleet from some Yonkou to take over the island, or defend Doflamingo from the marines.

    I can only imagine how idiotic it would be to wait at Green-Bit, it really is. There is no way out, but through the bridge, both Law and Doflamingo are about to go there. If anything, he should wait till both are at the neighboring island, cut all escape routes and confront those there.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 09, 2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: grammar, words, so hard ;9
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The only reason for Fujitora not to confront Luffy is for plot convenience. There is no believable way he could have left without confronting his target after such a massive display of strength. That is ultimately my problem with the old man being Fujitora. So many plot contrivances would have to happen for him to be an Admiral. Only one person in a crowded bar recognized him, but not until he was walking out the door. Marines are not allowed in the Colosseum, but somehow an Admiral was admitted. Going to the colosseum takes him away from the real action, Green-bit and the Smile Factory. He can't be there to find Luffy. He already found Luffy, and passed up the opportunity to confront him. We also don't know the details of Smoker's report. He knew Law was headed to Green-Bit. If he didn't include that, what was the point of Law even telling him? If Smoker did include it in his report, that is where Fujitora will be. And chances are Smoker did include it, otherwise it was wasted dialog.
    I'm not sure about this point. Akainu said they were going to consider the situation for a day. Why was that? The only reason I see is what k-dom suggests: they are considering a complex situation that involves not only the alliance but also Doflamingo's resignation and betrayal. For sure, they know what was Kusan talking about when he said, this could be the most dire situation for the marine. So maybe the situation deserves much more calculation and information that they had when they received Smoker's report. For instance, a sudden and effective attack over Luffy coud take time and many risks. It could provoke a big fuss, and so it could trigger a fast escape from Mingo and Law's side to a hole much more difficult to track. It's believable that before to entering the scene, they have to locate all the targets, and at the moment they could be ignorant of where is Law and Mingo.

    I accept it's a good argument against the argument that his behaviour is weird, because his behaviour becomes much more understandable. But it's not an argument against the idea that the blind man is another character different than Fujitora. If Fujitora is not the blind man, he also should be waiting somewhere still hidden to our eyes. And the blind man could perfectly be the former king of Dressrosa who is there because of the news about the king resignation.

    The former king of Dressrosa should be someone... And Dressrosa should have a past previous to Mingo's regime. Kyros is a good sign in that direction. Because with him the plot did a specific reference to a time when Mingo was not in Dressrosa (20 years ago). The plot will have to advance in that direction also.

    ---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

    An aditional note: The blind man said: "Who am I? It is for both our sake that I will not say". This has been used against the idea that the blind man is not Fujitora, with the premise that only the admiral could have said something like that. That's not true. The admiral could have reasons to say that if the Marine needs to be sure about its first step in the complex situation they are facing right now. But also the former king could have reasons: he also could be searching for more information to be sure about what to do first. And he could know about Luffy, and about the fact that it would be no convenient for him to reveal his identity... So again everything it's possible.
    Last edited by ukimix; April 09, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #37
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member helios_shin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in a beautiful island on indian ocean
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    i think he is fujitora. it's obvious

  9. #38
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    i doubt an admiral would be wearing a samurai outfit under the robe....lol marines have uniform and elite marines wear suits.
    blind dude is the shichibukai and therefore works with the government and that is why is luffy knew who he was...the old man would have to fulfill his duty as a shichibukai and take action


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  10. #39
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Just like Kuzan had to kill Luffy or Robin once he revealed himself? That's not an argument and will never be a decisive argument for him being an admiral or not. Let me point you to a certain cigar smoking vice-admiral not wearing anything you suggested.


    Only the cape and lettering would reveal him as an marine. If you don't want to attract attention, you will not show any affiliation to the grudgingly accepted marines.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 09, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #40
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    i doubt an admiral would be wearing a samurai outfit under the robe....lol marines have uniform and elite marines wear suits.
    blind dude is the shichibukai and therefore works with the government and that is why is luffy knew who he was...the old man would have to fulfill his duty as a shichibukai and take action
    I can tell you right away that he's not a Shichibukai. Final Shichibukai is a new character. Google Zephyr, Shichibukai and Volume Z and you'll find it soon enough.

    Also, it wouldn't make sense for an admiral to put on a marine uniform if he doesn't want to attract attention.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  13. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I can tell you right away that he's not a Shichibukai. Final Shichibukai is a new character. Google Zephyr, Shichibukai and Volume Z and you'll find it soon enough.

    Also, it wouldn't make sense for an admiral to put on a marine uniform if he doesn't want to attract attention.
    he can be 7th Shichibukai
    as u said 7th is new character
    blind guy, fujitora (even if he is not blind guy) both r new character
    7th is from Zephyr's time means old man and blind guy is old man

    if this guy is fujitora then there is chance that he can be 7th Shichibukai. after all we dont know fujitora's rank we only know that Akainu send him
    Last edited by suraj5898; April 09, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

  14. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Just like Kuzan had to kill Luffy or Robin once he revealed himself? That's not an argument and will never be a decisive argument for him being an admiral or not. Let me point you to a certain cigar smoking vice-admiral not wearing anything you suggested.


    Only the cape and lettering would reveal him as an marine. If you don't want to attract attention, you will not show any affiliation to the grudgingly accepted marines.
    Agreed. I don't buy that if the blind guy is Fujitora he would have HAD to apprehend Luffy; we've seen plenty of high-ranking marines ignoring orders from above to pursue their own sense of justice. Also, I don't think the bartender's "you are...." necessarily points toward the blind guy being Fujitora and not Kyros: though it's stated that no one knew about Kyros, I would imagine that if he'd been fighting in the Colosseum for several years his abilities might be fairly well known.

    All that said, I do think most of the evidence points to the blind guy being Fujitora and not the last shikibukai or Kyros.
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #43
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hatagaya Shibuya-ku
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Fine...

    Clues supporting blind guy is Fujitora:
    We know Fujitora is going to be on Dressrosa, since Akainu ordered him. He's modeled after famous japanese actor, just like other admirals. His speech about how blind people can't see terrible things in the world could imply on his unique sense of justice, blind justice, like Aokiji's lazy justice or Akainu's dark justice. Him giving a billing adress to the bartended implies strongly that he works for some organization, guess you could say trashing the place falls under "travel expenses", lol. Bartender recognized him only after he gave him billing adress.

    Clues supporting blind guy is former Dressrosa king:
    None, until we find out who the former king was. Was he Mingo's father, uncle? Did he die or is he alive? Did Mingo succeed him or did he overthrow him?

    Clues supporting blind guy is Kyros:
    None? Statue doesn't look anything like blind guy, and the weapons differ. How could a bartender recognize a gladiator of whom people aren't sure if he even existed?

    Can't be totally objective and feel free to fill me up if I skipped some good hints on blind guy being anyone but Fujitora.
    um. fujitora is in a cloak because the colliseum is offlimits to police and marines.

  17. #44
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by modoki View Post
    um. fujitora is in a cloak because the colliseum is offlimits to police and marines.
    Um, ok?

    Both of those are facts stated by manga.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  18. #45
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blind Guy´s/Zatoichi´s background, could he be Fujitora?

    Spoilers are out, don't spoil the truth to others in there today, please!

    edit: you are free to go

    See this chapter had a situation leading to a needed disclosure of the marines position and a perfect scene to reveal his name like Oda did many times before. Capes always lead to a panel. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 11, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts