Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gu Family Book

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gu Family Book

Title: Gu Family Book
    Alternative Title(s): Gu Family Secret, Kang Chi the Beginning
    Network: MBC
    Episodes: 24
    Genre: Fantasy, Historical/Sageuk, Romance, Action

Born from a human mother and deity father but wanting very much to become fully human, a male gumiho (fox with nine tails) Choi Kang Chi, tries his best to live a human life.

Casts:
    Lee Seung Gi as Choi Kang Chi
    Bae Suzy as Dam Yeo Ul
    Lee Sang Yeob as Kang Chi's friend
    Sung Joon as Gon Yi
    Choi Jin Hyuk as Gu Wol Ryung
    Lee Sung Jae as Jo Gwan Woong
    Kim Hee Won as So Jung (Monk)
    Jung Hye Young as Chun Soo Ryun

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here comes the awaited sageuk drama! Been waiting for this ever since I heard the news that Seung Gi-oppa is starring a sageuk drama, quite a change from the usual drama he plays on (although looking at the trailers this Kang Chi is like a bad boy). I wasn't so hyped up when I heard Suzy as the female lead (DH -__-) but I'm looking forward to how they both portray the characters in this drama.

Two episodes are out so far, both are talking about Kang Chi's parents. I enjoyed it, so far so good, the rating was also good. Hopefully the plot won't disappoint us later. Can't wait for next episode where I'll see my Oppa in action! <333

Anyone else watching it? What do you think?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gu Family Book

Seems like a rather weird main couple, especially considering that one is almost 10 years older than the other. The premise is not really new, though the genders are reversed, so it could be interesting. I am gonna watch it without any expectations and see how it goes.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Seems like a rather weird main couple, especially considering that one is almost 10 years older than the other. The premise is not really new, though the genders are reversed, so it could be interesting. I am gonna watch it without any expectations and see how it goes.
    Exactly. Reading comments/reviews in some other sites, some are rather excited upon seeing a male gumiho. If you watch the second episode, well... Not really the way I used to portray it (from watching My Girlfriend is Gumiho, for example) but it's not really bad. As we've seen from some other drama titles, it's getting more popular for lead actors/actresses to be so different in age. This time Seung Gi is older than Suzy, but from several articles they seem to work just fine. We'll see how it goes in screen.

Some soundtracks have been released, and received positive responses so far.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gu Family Book

Gu Family Book

Details

Title: 구가의서 (九家의 書) / Googauiseo
    Also known as: Ancient Medical Book / The Writings of Nine Houses / Book of the House of Gu / Kang Chi, the Beginning
    Genre: Fantasy, human, melodrama, historical, romance
    Episodes: 24
    Broadcast network: MBC
    Broadcast period: 2013-Apr-08 to TBA
    Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
    Original Soundtrack: Gu Family Book OST

Synopsis

An epic melodrama about the great deal of trouble Choi Kang Chi, born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature, who goes through in order to become human and a story of Choi Kang Chi’s journey of struggling in order to live more like a human than anyone else despite not being able to become human.

Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Ki) was raised by the Choi family after having been picked up from the river. Choi Kang Chi is the son of Goo Wol Ryung (Choi Jin Hyuk), the guardian spirit of Jiri Mountain, and Yoon Seo Hwa (Lee Yeon Hee), his human mother. Kang Chi is an outspoken character who’s full of curiosity. He realizes that he’s a half-human-half-beast through a certain incident and starts living his second life.

Dam Yeo Wool (Bae Suzy) is a master of martial arts and archery. Yeo Wool is an upright character who really values the Three Bonds and Five Relationships in Confucianism, and becomes an instructor at a martial arts center at a young age.

Cast

Main Cast
    Spoiler show

Extended Cast
    Spoiler show

Production Credits

Production Company: Samhwa Networks
    Chief Producer: Lee Chang Sub (이창섭)
    Director: Shin Woo Chul, Kim Jung Hyun (김정현)
    Screenwriter: Kang Eun Kyung
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episodes 1 and 2

Usually a series starts slow and then it gets better and better as the story progresses, but wow GFB starts very, very strong. The first two episodes were absolutely amazing!!! The acting, the story, the music, everything was wonderfully great!

GWR…I loved him!! He was so cute, so kind, so nice, so There were some moments in episode 1 and 2 when he reminded me of Miho from “MGIG" a lot!

He captivated me from the start and the more I learned about him the more I liked him. His love for YSH was so sweet~ He really loved her. <3~

So watching episode 2 really broke my heart. Poor GWR!!! I understand why YSH reacted in such a way (GWR’s fox side is really scary!!!), but…seeing him cry like that, seeing him feeling that hurt because of YSH’s betrayal was very painful to watch. About YSH…I liked her in episode 1 but I wasn’t very fond of her in episode 2 ; however, she redeemed herself a little bit because she didn’t kill her baby. Yes, she abandoned her baby but at least she didn’t kill him as she had planned to do.

Regardless of the sad ending that their love story had, up until the point where things took a turn for the worse, GWR and YSH love story was very sweet.

While episode 2 made me very sad because of GWR, episode 1 made me very sad because of Dam and YSH’s brother. Dam was such a great friend and YSH’s brother was such a wonderful brother! Their deaths were really saddening. And it seemed Dam had feelings for YSH’s brother so that made things even more tragic.

About the bad guy, he is despicable!!! He is the real monster!!

I really enjoyed watching the first two episodes of GFB and I can’t wait to watch the third one!

P.S. The scene where GWR’s friend threw the subjugation beads (the bracelet) at GWR totally reminded me of Inuyasha. And I know that I think about it... mmm...GWR looked kind of like demon Inuyasha when he went into fox-mode...
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 09, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I see you are very hyped up about the series! I merged your new thread with another one I've created way before, hehe. :3

Wol Ryung is a pure baby. How can one not love him for being so sincere and hard-working, only to be betrayed at the end. About Seo Hwa, I hope this is not too big of a spoiler, but yeah...

Spoiler show

I think the first two episodes were pretty solid, even though there was no Lee Seung Gi yet there. A nice opening to their stories. I can't wait to hear what you think of the next episodes, des-chan! <33

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I see you are very hyped up about the series! I merged your new thread with another one I've created way before, hehe. :3
    Yes, I am. And thank you, phio-chan! Before creating the thread I looked for a GFB in the OT but I couldn’t find it, I guess it was in the RT…and yep, I was a bit lazy and didn’t check there.

Quote Quote:
    Wol Ryung is a pure baby. How can one not love him for being so sincere and hard-working,
    WR was awesome!! And that is why he reminded me of Mio so much, because he was pure, sincere, caring and hard working.

Quote Quote:
    only to be betrayed at the end.
    That was so sad!!

Quote Quote:
    About Seo Hwa, I hope this is not too big of a spoiler, but yeah...
    I was a good girl and didn’t read what was inside the spoiler box in spite of my great curiosity I was strong and resisted the temptation. ^_^ However, I’m still very curious about what is inside the spoiler box so... could you please tell me until what episode I need to watch for me to safely read what is inside the spoiler box?

Quote Quote:
    I think the first two episodes were pretty solid, even though there was no Lee Seung Gi yet there.
    But there was WR and the actor who played WR wasn’t bad at all!! At least IMHO, he wasn’t.

Quote Quote:
    A nice opening to their stories.
    ITA.

Quote Quote:
    I can't wait to hear what you think of the next episodes, des-chan! <33
    And I can’t wait to watch them!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 10, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Yes, I am. And thank you, phio-chan! Before creating the thread I looked for a GFB in the OT but I couldn’t find it, I guess it was in the RT…and yep, I was a bit lazy and didn’t check there.
    LOL~ No problem, I'm glad you're here after all. Need more people to talk about this series, I do have some RL friends who are on it but they're still on old episodes, haha~

WR was awesome!! And that is why he reminded me of Mio so much, because he was pure, sincere, caring and hard working.
    Yup.

I bet you don't know, but there is this fan blog about Lee Seung Gi, and some spoilers about the plot are posted there once in a while. And I happened to read something about Wol Ryung there too which is quite surprising, haha. I probably shouldn't tell you, right? :3

I was a good girl and didn’t read what was inside the spoiler box in spite of my great curiosity I was strong and resisted the temptation. ^_^ However, I’m still very curious about what is inside the spoiler box so... could you please tell me until what episode I need to watch for me to safely read what is inside the spoiler box?
    LOL~ Okay, good girl! Let's see.. I think it's around episode 5 or 6. Since it's you, des-chan, I believe you will pick up the hints as you watch more episodes and open the spoiler at the right time.

But there was WR and the actor who played WR wasn’t bad at all!! At least IMHO, he wasn’t.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa's story is bad. I'm just biased, you see, because I started this series for my love of Seung Gi. So of course I was rather disappointed I didn't see him right from the start, but I still think the first two episodes are great stepping stones to the main plot. :3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you don't know, but there is this fan blog about Lee Seung Gi, and some spoilers about the plot are posted there once in a while. And I happened to read something about Wol Ryung there too which is quite surprising, haha. I probably shouldn't tell you, right? :3
    No, please don’t tell me! I’m enjoying this K-drama so much that I really want to enjoy it to the fullest and in order to do that I need to be spoiler-free. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    LOL~ Okay, good girl! Let's see.. I think it's around episode 5 or 6. Since it's you, des-chan, I believe you will pick up the hints as you watch more episodes and open the spoiler at the right time.
    Thank you, phio-chan! I watched until episode 5 so I read what was inside the spoiler box and now I can finally reply to it. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Let's just say that there is another actress in upcoming episodes that make me feel like Seo Hwa's actress (Lee Yoon Hee in this case) didn't act very good. I mean from the expressions and such. I felt she was a bit more flat compared to someone else you'll see soon.
    Are you referring to Lee Yoo Bi, the actress who portrays Park Chung Jo? I do think she is a great actress but…her acting didn’t make me think less of Lee Yoon Hee’s acting. I think both girls are pretty good actresses. However, I have a feeling things could change after watching episode 6…

And since we are talking about the girls of this drama, I must say that the girl who has won my fangirl heart is Suzy! I know some fans think she is not a very good actress but I haven’t had a problem with her acting so far; in fact, I have found her very cute, sweet, and sometimes even funny. I like her and I also like her character very much.

About the boys…

Choi Kang Chi is great!! He is a bit reckless but he is also very kindhearted, sweet, adorable and funny.

Gon...he is very serious and I think he likes Dam Yeo Wool. I liked the scenes where he got all jealous because of CKC.

Park Tae Seo…he is a very nice guy. I like him.

About the pairings…

CKC x PCJ…this pairing is very sweet; they really care about each other...in fact, I don’t dislike this pairing; however, the pairing that makes my shipping heart beat is CKC x DYW , their interactions have been great so far!! The scenes when they were little were so adorable!!! I also like how DYW is fighting very hard not to fall in love with CKC but what is happening is the exact opposite; the more she resists, the more she falls in love with him. I wonder why CKC doesn’t remember her….And I think it is hilarious how CKC thinks DYW is a man! He hasn’t realized she is a girl yet.

About the sad moments…

I was very sad about the death of SH, it was so tragic. The only good thing about her death is that before dying she truly regretted her behavior towards WR; she showed genuine remorse about what she did.

Park Moo Sol’s death was so heartbreaking! That evil guy is the worst!! Park really loved CKC like a son; he even died in order to save him. It was so touching how Park died in CKC’s arms.

About the evil guy, he is so despicable!! He is destroying Park’s family in the same way he destroyed SH’s family 21 years ago, he even likes CJ in the same way he liked SH. He is such a horrible man!!

About CJ’s mom, I don’t like her. She is so mean to CKC and I don’t like her actions but I do understand she is doing all that because she thinks she is doing what it is best for her family.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa's story is bad. I'm just biased, you see, because I started this series for my love of Seung Gi. So of course I was rather disappointed I didn't see him right from the start, but I still think the first two episodes are great stepping stones to the main plot. :3
    Ahh…okay. And yes, the firs two eps were amazing!!

I so can’t wait to watch episode 6!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, please don’t tell me! I’m enjoying this K-drama so much that I really want to enjoy it to the fullest and in order to do that I need to be spoiler-free. ^_^
    Hehe~ Okay then. I normally hate spoilers too, but with GFB I just can't resist spoilers, and even though I've read them I feel even more impatient to check the new episodes. So it's a good thing for me. XDD

Are you referring to Lee Yoo Bi, the actress who portrays Park Chung Jo? I do think she is a great actress but…her acting didn’t make me think less of Lee Yoon Hee’s acting. I think both girls are pretty good actresses. However, I have a feeling things could change after watching episode 6…

And since we are talking about the girls of this drama, I must say that the girl who has won my fangirl heart is Suzy! I know some fans think she is not a very good actress but I haven’t had a problem with her acting so far; in fact, I have found her very cute, sweet, and sometimes even funny. I like her and I also like her character very much.
    Yeah, I was referring to Chung Jo. ^^ It's not that I dislike Lee Yoon Hee/Seo Hwa, I did like her just fine in Ghost. I don't know, in terms of feeling depressed, devastated, and hating life so much, I see those more in Chung Jo's face than in Seo Hwa. Perhaps that's because she seemed to keep things inside? I'm not sure. I feel like Chung Jo's reaction in screaming and saying bad words was more realistic than Seo Hwa's. Similar to Suzy. I first know her through Dream High, and if you watch it you'll know how annoying her character there is, haha~ I can't help to remember her flat face, and sometimes that happens in GFB in my opinion, but overall it's good. I think it's also part of Yeo Wol's character which is calm outside.

And obviously, things are getting twisted as you watch more episodes.

About the boys…

Choi Kang Chi is great!! He is a bit reckless but he is also very kindhearted, sweet, adorable and funny.

Gon...he is very serious and I think he likes Dam Yeo Wool. I liked the scenes where he got all jealous because of CKC.

Park Tae Seo…he is a very nice guy. I like him.
    While there are not eye candies in this drama (meaning extremely handsome actors or beautiful actresses), I think everyone did awesome with their characters. I even like Tae Seo even though he's not like heavenly handsome or something like that. Great job, really.

About the pairings…

CKC x PCJ…this pairing is very sweet; they really care about each other...in fact, I don’t dislike this pairing; however, the pairing that makes my shipping heart beat is CKC x DYW , their interactions have been great so far!! The scenes when they were little were so adorable!!! I also like how DYW is fighting very hard not to fall in love with CKC but what is happening is the exact opposite; the more she resists, the more she falls in love with him. I wonder why CKC doesn’t remember her….And I think it is hilarious how CKC thinks DYW is a man! He hasn’t realized she is a girl yet.
    I agree, how Kang Chi didn't realize that Yeo Wol is a girl is kinda frustrating, haha~ Since it's clear from the way she walks/acts as there is something different between men and women in that aspect.

Remind me to tell you something once you've finished episode 10.

About the sad moments…

I was very sad about the death of SH, it was so tragic. The only good thing about her death is that before dying she truly regretted her behavior towards WR; she showed genuine remorse about what she did.

Park Moo Sol’s death was so heartbreaking! That evil guy is the worst!! Park really loved CKC like a son; he even died in order to save him. It was so touching how Park died in CKC’s arms.

About the evil guy, he is so despicable!! He is destroying Park’s family in the same way he destroyed SH’s family 21 years ago, he even likes CJ in the same way he liked SH. He is such a horrible man!!

About CJ’s mom, I don’t like her. She is so mean to CKC and I don’t like her actions but I do understand she is doing all that because she thinks she is doing what it is best for her family.
    Totally agree.

I wish you can get to episode 10 now so we can discuss even more things, muahahaha~ But you should enjoy the episodes fully, no rush! \o/

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, I was referring to Chung Jo. ^^ It's not that I dislike Lee Yoon Hee/Seo Hwa, I did like her just fine in Ghost. I don't know, in terms of feeling depressed, devastated, and hating life so much, I see those more in Chung Jo's face than in Seo Hwa. Perhaps that's because she seemed to keep things inside? I'm not sure. I feel like Chung Jo's reaction in screaming and saying bad words was more realistic than Seo Hwa's.
    After watching all the episodes, I now understand what you meant regarding Seo Hwa. And I now agree that the girl playing Chung Jo is a better actress than the girl who played Seo Hwa. Lee Yoo Bi’s performance feels more …real, more moving and heartfelt. There were some scenes with her in this K-drama that really broke my heart. She is such an amazing actress.

Quote Quote:
    Similar to Suzy. I first know her through Dream High, and if you watch it you'll know how annoying her character there is, haha~ I can't help to remember her flat face, and sometimes that happens in GFB in my opinion, but overall it's good. I think it's also part of Yeo Wol's character which is calm outside.
    I know Suzy from “Big” and I didn't hate her acting or her character in that K-drama, so I have no problem with her in GFB. In fact, I love Yeo Wool!! Suzy is doing an awesome job as YW.

Quote Quote:
    While there are not eye candies in this drama (meaning extremely handsome actors or beautiful actresses), I think everyone did awesome with their characters. I even like Tae Seo even though he's not like heavenly handsome or something like that. Great job, really.
    I agree, everyone is doing an amazing job in this drama.

About the boys, I actually find Choi Jin Hyuk pretty attractive, I like him. And even though Lee Seung Ki is not very handsome, he is cute and adorable and there is something about him that I can’t help but like him as well. I even like the actor who plays Gon, he is not extremely handsome…but I don’t know…his black uniform makes him look very cool.

About the girls, they are not unbelievable beautiful, but they are both very pretty and Suzy is so adorable!!! She looked so cute wearing that dress in episode 14!

Quote Quote:
    I agree, how Kang Chi didn't realize that Yeo Wol is a girl is kinda frustrating, haha~ Since it's clear from the way she walks/acts as there is something different between men and women in that aspect.
    The way Kang Chi found out that Yeo Wool was a girl and not a boy was priceless!! Poor Yeo Wool!

Quote Quote:
    Remind me to tell you something once you've finished episode 10.
    Okay, please tell me what you were going to tell me. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    I wish you can get to episode 10 now so we can discuss even more things, muahahaha~ But you should enjoy the episodes fully, no rush! \o/
    I’m all caught up now. I haven’t enjoyed watching a K-drama as much as I have been enjoying watching GFB in a while, watching this K-drama has been so much fun!! I love this series <3~

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Episode 14

What an episode!!! So many things to say and comment upon, but I will just mention a few for now.

- The scenes between KC and YW were so adorable and great!! I love this pairing! Although, I must say that I really like Gon’s one-sided love for YW. He truly cares about YW and he is always there for her. The scene of him getting all jealous and angry after finding out that KC and YW had been out together all night was priceless!

- WR is back!! Unfortunately, he is very evil. But he is not the only one who is back; it seems that the mystery woman is SH! How did she survive? And why did she decide to appear right at this moment? I really hope they give some answers to those questions and many more I have about her.

- What?!!! YW is getting married?!! And the groom is Tae-Seo?!!! Btw, about Tae-Seo…is he in love with YW? Or is he in love with KC? There was a conversation between KC and TS that left me a bit confused about that…

- Teacher Gong is awesome!! I really like that old man. He is funny and wise, great combination!

- The revelation of the four Men of Honor was pretty cool, although I must admit I wasn’t expecting for Gon to be one of them since he is so young, but I really like that he is one of them.

- WR’s smirk at the end of the episode was…sexy and creepy at the same time. I really hope he doesn’t harm YW and that KC gets on time to save her. Mmm…I know this is too far-fetched but…that smile on WR’s face made me think of the possibility of WR liking YW as a woman…that can’t happen…right?

- CJ…she is becoming a very interesting character; one with a lot of depth. She is not my favorite GFB girl since my fav is YW, but I must say that I find her character very, very interesting. CJ has always had a …darker side (like when she threw YW’s ointment for KC into the pond when they were little) and she is using that side of her to become stronger, to survive her atrocious circumstances. But at the same time, the softer and kinder side of her is still alive deep inside, in her heart and in her feelings for her brother and especially for KC.

I so can’t wait for the next episode!!

---------- Post added May 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was May 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM ----------

After watching the preview for episode 15, I’m looking forward to ep 15 even more!!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, desy-chan, you could have also mentioned that Lee Seuing Gi is playint the main character, haha

Well, I'm on board. Currently watching the third episode. I found first two pretty frustrating, to be honest! After just those two, I really dislike Seo Hwa. Wah, I wanted to slap her badly a few times!

I liked Suzy in Dream High, so I expect to like her here too.

I'll just finish up the third episode for now as it's getting late, continuing tomorrow ^.^

ex oriente lux

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply!
    I'm actually still stuck on episode 13, but since I've been spoiling myself too much, I have no problem replying to everyone here.

After watching all the episodes, I now understand what you meant regarding Seo Hwa. And I now agree that the girl playing Chung Jo is a better actress than the girl who played Seo Hwa. Lee Yoo Bi’s performance feels more …real, more moving and heartfelt. There were some scenes with her in this K-drama that really broke my heart. She is such an amazing actress.
    See? XD I read in Seung Gi's fan blog though that viewers seem to complain that she got too much screen time for being just a support character, compared to Kang Chi and Yeo Wol and others, haha~ But I think she is one 'obstacle' Kang Chi must overcome to be able to control his emotions and feelings so I can understand why they gave her so much screen time.

The way Kang Chi found out that Yeo Wool was a girl and not a boy was priceless!! Poor Yeo Wool!
    And so I also heard that Suzy's fans were rather enraged about that scene. XD And Seung Gi's fans said "That's the punishment for looking at/touching Seung Gi's bare chest!". WTF these fans, it's so funny. XDD

Okay, please tell me what you were going to tell me. ^_^
    I forgot. LOL~ I'll tell you when I remember, though.

Or is he in love with KC? There was a conversation between KC and TS that left me a bit confused about that…
    One thing for sure is that he's afraid of women...

The previews are so hard to resist lately. I only took a peek of some, and just... *dead*

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Oh, desy-chan, you could have also mentioned that Lee Seuing Gi is playint the main character, haha

Well, I'm on board. Currently watching the third episode. I found first two pretty frustrating, to be honest! After just those two, I really dislike Seo Hwa. Wah, I wanted to slap her badly a few times!

I'll just finish up the third episode for now as it's getting late, continuing tomorrow ^.^
    Welcome aboard, Dallie. I'm biased because I love Seung Gi-oppa, but so far I love it as much as I love TK2H, haha~

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Dar-chan!!! I’m so happy to see you posting in this thread! GFB definitely needs more love here on MH. Are you an Airen? I wasn’t an Airen before watching GFB, but this K-drama has turned me into one.

Quote Quote:
    I loved the first two episodes, they were great IMHO. They completely sold me on this series. Now about Seo Hwa, I totally understand how you felt. This is what I wrote about her:

Episodes 1 and 2

About YSH…I liked her in episode 1 but I wasn’t very fond of her in episode 2 ; however, she redeemed herself a little bit because she didn’t kill her baby. Yes, she abandoned her baby but at least she didn’t kill him as she had planned to do.

Regardless of the sad ending that their love story had, up until the point where things took a turn for the worse, GWR and YSH love story was very sweet.
    I so can’t wait to read your thoughts about the other characters.

Quote Quote:
    I liked Suzy in “Big” and I love her in this K-drama. She is awesome!! YW, the character she plays in GFB is an amazing character, YW is incredible! Yep, I’m a huge fan of YW.

Quote Quote:
    Looking forward to your comments about the other episodes.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Sorry for the late reply!
    I'm actually still stuck on episode 13, but since I've been spoiling myself too much, I have no problem replying to everyone here.
    Episodes 14, 15 and 16 have been amazing! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them a lot once you get the chance to watch them.

Quote Quote:
    See? XD I read in Seung Gi's fan blog though that viewers seem to complain that she got too much screen time for being just a support character, compared to Kang Chi and Yeo Wol and others, haha~
    Well…even if she is a supporting character, she is an important one and her story has a crucial role in the main story itself so I’m glad they dedicated the proper time to develop her character and her story. Maybe those fans wanted to see more of Seung Gi and that is why they complained.

Quote Quote:
    But I think she is one 'obstacle' Kang Chi must overcome to be able to control his emotions and feelings so I can understand why they gave her so much screen time.
    I agree. Moreover, her being part of the story has allowed Kang Chi to realize the awesomeness that is YW and to realize his feelings for her. And her presence makes the story and the love triangle all the more interesting. ^^

Quote Quote:
    And so I also heard that Suzy's fans were rather enraged about that scene. XD And Seung Gi's fans said "That's the punishment for looking at/touching Seung Gi's bare chest!". WTF these fans, it's so funny. XDD
    Hilarious! Lol!

Quote Quote:
    I forgot. LOL~ I'll tell you when I remember, though.
    Okay. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    One thing for sure is that he's afraid of women...
    LOL! I think he is just very, very shy around women and now things are clearer, the one he is in love with is YW, and it seems he has always liked her.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Episode 16

So many awesome moments in this episode!! So many things to comment upon; however, I’ll just mention a few:

Spoiler show

As always, I’m so looking forward to the next episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I already know the general layout of episode 16 but I'm gonna hold it in. I'm soooo gonna stop myself from clicking your spoiler.

I watched up to episode 15 today. I'm seriously in love with Seung Gi, ahaha~ He knows how to be awesome. What I really like is his expression in various situation; he makes Kang Chi so alive. And of course, his interaction with Yeo Wol is getting even better from now on..

Spoiler: Des-chan can read this, but for anyone else, please be careful... show

---------- Post added June 02, 2013 at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was May 31, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

I saw the preview for episode 17 today. I really have nothing to say but that I'll most probably watch it without subtitle tomorrow, live streaming. Because it's definitely going to be awesome.

*heart attack*

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast