Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Gu Family Book

  1. #31
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Girlfriday, who wrote that ^ comment, wasn’t very pleased with how things ended. In fact, the majority of the fandom hates the ending; there is a small minority that is okay with the ending, especially because they are hopeful that there will be a second season.

    I admit that I’m not a big fan of the ending because I really, really wanted a happy ending.

    The first two episodes of this drama were superb, the last two episodes of it were…not very good. As a fellow fan said, it seems like those episodes come from two totally different dramas.

    I remember mentioning in this thread that GFB reminded me of Inuyasha and I’m not the only one who thinks that way since other fellow fans think the same. I wonder if the writer wanted to create a story similar to Inuyasha…
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  2. #32
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Hm~ Looks like I'm the only one enjoying the ending.

    I mean, who doesn't hate that kind of ending? I cried for the father and mother, cried again for the son and daughter (worse actually because I remembered the parents). Everyone wants a happy ending. But here's what I wrote on another site:

    Quote Quote:
    People complain about how the title does not go along the way with the plot. I disagree. It's much like us that are chasing our dreams. One day the destination becomes unclear, we start to worry and doubt if what we want truly exist/possible, and waver. But what makes us who we are is what happened along the way.

    The sole destination of finding the strange book brings many things together and makes people grow. The final messages are the popular "good things will come to those who wait" and "what makes you human is how you live". You fall, rise, and fight again to reach that uncertain end.

    Cliche, you see, but reflective of our lives.

    For that, I give this drama applause. To the casts, the staffs, the music, everything. I appreciate the hard work despite flaws here and there. Sad that GFB finally ends, but happy to know this. <3
    This story is about those who deny fate and fail miserably, those who want to be better, who give up on fear, find hope, and wait. Painful as it is, but Kang Chi literally 'break' the fate by keep on going and waiting for Yeo Wol again.

    My current mood is probably too mellow that I think of things way beyond usual. I may be exaggerating, but that's what I feel. So I'm rather content with the ending.

    AND GOD, how can Seung Gi-oppa be so cool in his modern attire. /nosebleed

  3. #33
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Ah ladies i won't be able to watch last episodes till maybe the end of july, what hapens???? Kang chi stays immortal, so what happens to yw??? T_T


    ex oriente lux

  4. #34
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hm~ Looks like I'm the only one enjoying the ending.
    I can relate to that situation since I was part of the minority regarding the ending of “Big”. ^^
    Quote Quote:
    The final messages are the popular "good things will come to those who wait" and "what makes you human is how you live". You fall, rise, and fight again to reach that uncertain end.
    That was beautiful, phio-chan!!

    Quote Quote:
    For that, I give this drama applause. To the casts, the staffs, the music, everything. I appreciate the hard work despite flaws here and there. Sad that GFB finally ends, but happy to know this. <3
    Despite all the flaws, I enjoyed watching this drama very much! I mean, I cried because they did such a good job immersing me, the viewer, into the story that I felt very connected with the characters.

    Quote Quote:
    Painful as it is, but Kang Chi literally 'break' the fate by keep on going and waiting for Yeo Wol again.
    While I love the fact that KC waited all of those years for YW and he was given another chance at love, I was sad because he couldn’t be happy with YW. Yes, that girl is YW’s reincarnation and has the same name but she is not YW.

    And I think I wasn’t as turned off by the sad ending as I was by the incomplete ending, I didn’t like that at all.

    Quote Quote:
    AND GOD, how can Seung Gi-oppa be so cool in his modern attire. /nosebleed
    One fan mentioned that he didn’t look like KC anymore but as SG himself. And, yep, he looked great!!

    ---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Ah ladies i won't be able to watch last episodes till maybe the end of july, what hapens???? Kang chi stays immortal, so what happens to yw??? T_T
    Yep, KC stays immortal…about YW, I’ll just say, keep a tissue box next to you when you finally watch episode 24…
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 02, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  5. #35
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Nooo, tell me. Does she die?TT Is there a chance she'll be reborn that's why he's waiting for her?TT

    ---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

    I Just read your whole post, desy, oh. XD nvm


    ex oriente lux

  6. #36
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    While I love the fact that KC waited all of those years for YW and he was given another chance at love, I was sad because he couldn’t be happy with YW. Yes, that girl is YW’s reincarnation and has the same name but she is not YW.

    And I think I wasn’t as turned off by the sad ending as I was by the incomplete ending, I didn’t like that at all.
    I agree. Which is why everyone's going crazy with second season, yesh? Let's just wait patiently and hope for miracles, LOL~ The additional ending is so strange. I'll just act as if I don't watch that part, thank you. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    One fan mentioned that he didn’t look like KC anymore but as SG himself. And, yep, he looked great!!
    So true. So, so true. He breaks my heart with that handsome face.

  7. #37
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gu Family Book

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I agree. Which is why everyone's going crazy with second season, yesh? Let's just wait patiently and hope for miracles, LOL~
    Well…there’s always hope, especially now that it seems the writer is seriously considering a second part for the story.

    Quote Quote:
    The additional ending is so strange. I'll just act as if I don't watch that part, thank you. :P
    If there is a second season then the strange ending did happen, but if there isn’t a second season then I’ll do the same and pretend it didn’t take place. ^^
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts