Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gu Family Book

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gu Family Book

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I already know the general layout of episode 16 but I'm gonna hold it in. I'm soooo gonna stop myself from clicking your spoiler.
    Episode 16 is amazing!! It is filled with so much awesomesauce!!

Quote Quote:
    I watched up to episode 15 today. I'm seriously in love with Seung Gi, ahaha~ He knows how to be awesome.
    He is incredible!! Gumiho dad and Gumiho baby, both are so awesome!!

Quote Quote:
    What I really like is his expression in various situation; he makes Kang Chi so alive.
    I totally agree. SG is an amazing actor. And his facial expressions, wow, they are great! All the actors and actresses have been superb so far, all of them have done a great job.

Quote Quote:
    And of course, his interaction with Yeo Wol is getting even better from now on..
    All the KC and YW moments have been fantastic!! SG and Suzy’s chemistry is undeniable.

Quote Quote:
    I'm still wondering about the Seo Hwa thing, I can't imagine why and how they're gonna direct her character from now on.
    She wants revenge, that is all she wants and it is the sole purpose of her return. What it is still not very clear is why she wants to adopt TS, does she think TS is her child? I can’t wait to see her reaction when she meets KC.

Quote Quote:
    I suppose something did happen at the past. Strange after showing us that scene where we saw her truly dead... Looking forward to it, though.
    Maybe someone rescued her? And maybe the person who saved her is the one she ended up marrying later on.

Quote Quote:
    I saw the preview for episode 17 today. I really have nothing to say but that I'll most probably watch it without subtitle tomorrow, live streaming. Because it's definitely going to be awesome.

*heart attack*
    Episode 17 looks incredible!!! Waiting for it is so hard!!

And it seems that kiss is finally going to happen!!

Here’s the translation of the preview:

All credit for the translation goes to kchild702.

Quote Originally Posted by kchild702 said:
    Ep17. Preview:

KC: No matter what happen I’ll will bring back YW safe and unharm.

KC talking to WR: Don’t put your hands on my person. (I’m sure he wanted to say “stay the fu** back from my woman). Step away from YW!

SH talking to GW: Turn over Tae Seo’s slave registration papers to me.

GW talking to SH: It will do you no good treating me this way….

SH talking to GW: That’s what I would like to say………….

GW talking to SH: Show me your face in return I’ll release Tae Seo’s slave registration papers to you.

Gon talking to KC: You and YW will eventually end up getting hurt. Before that happens just give up on her.

KC talking to YW: I…. thought I lost you……I was afraid of that most….
    You are the most important person in my life. Without you there is no meaning of me.
    ---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I so can’t wait to watch episode 17, especially after looking at the pics below!!!

Warning:Don’t click on those links unless you want to be spoiled!

http://news.nate.com/view/photo?url=...3/03520056.jpg
    http://news.nate.com/view/20130603n04528?mid=e0102
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 02, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I HAVE SEEN IT I HAVE SEEN IT *NOSEBLEED*

Seriously, I need translation for episode 17 now. But I'm just glad that "it" has finally come, about time. I'm looking forward to their romance despite the obstacles! GO KANGDAM COUPLE!

Haha, I don't think there's any other motivation for Seo Hwa to return but revenge. The question is how, indeed. It's clear someone saved her, and I also guessed that her husband saved her, but I still wanna know more, hehe. I kinda have a guess that she knows Tae Seo is not her son, but because she has a plan in mind using Tae Seo as the player. Definitely looking forward to it.

*intoxicated by Seung Gi-oppa* *suffers from withdrawal syndrome*

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell me Tae Seo likes YW too?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I think I will be in denial phase until the day I see Tae Seo saying exactly those words to Yeo Wol. I mean, c'mon, Gon is already troublesome enough for Kang Chi.

Preview for episode 18 is very yummy, ladies. Secrets revealed...

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

But but, Gon is so cute

And.... like..... just to be sure... but Kang Chi doesn't really think Yeo Wol is a guy, does he?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Lol really, he did. O.O

Episode 10 the cutest one so far

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Kang Chi's face when he opens the pot with his boiled chicken inside. I haven't seen anything cuter all week ;~~;

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad so many people are watching this, especially my friends-to-fan-girl-like-crazy, LOL~ It's definitely getting awesome. Some may say that it's too slow or the supporting characters get too much spotlight, but I don't think it ruins the story. Instead it gives solid background to Kang Chi's world and how he'll have to deal with it all to reach his dream.

And I totally need more KangDam moments. *withdrawal syndrome after episode 17*

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the Koo in "Koo Wol Ryung" the same as the Gu in "Gu Family Book"? With all the korean transcription possibilities of spelling one word and stuff..

O I'm gonna watch epi 17 now

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Really, 'this woman is mine'? >.>;; Can't you say something like, 'I love her', not... this WOMAN is MINE? T.T

<3

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

By.far.the.most.real.kiss.I've.seen.in.a.kdrama.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I HAVE SEEN IT I HAVE SEEN IT *NOSEBLEED*

Seriously, I need translation for episode 17 now. But I'm just glad that "it" has finally come, about time. I'm looking forward to their romance despite the obstacles! GO KANGDAM COUPLE!
    That kiss was so worth the wait, it was perfect!! And I love the KC x YW couple, it is such an amazing couple!!!

Yes, he does like her. We have a love pentagon in this series ^^, although some of the sides of that pentagon are one-sided loves.

But but, Gon is so cute
    I agree with you, Dar-chan. I also find Gon very cute . And I also like his one-sided love for Yeo Wol, he really loves her.

Quote Quote:
    Kang Chi's face when he opens the pot with his boiled chicken inside. I haven't seen anything cuter all week ;~~;
    There are so many adorable and awesome moments with Kang Chi, I him!!

Some may say that it's too slow or the supporting characters get too much spotlight, but I don't think it ruins the story. Instead it gives solid background to Kang Chi's world and how he'll have to deal with it all to reach his dream.
    ITA with you, phio-chan!! I like the story just as it is; I really like how the characters and the story have developed so far. Things don’t feel out of place, they feel very natural IMHO.

Quote Quote:
    And I totally need more KangDam moments. *withdrawal syndrome after episode 17*
    You haven’t watched episode 18 yet? There are various amazing KC x YW moments!!

Really, 'this woman is mine'? >.>;; Can't you say something like, 'I love her', not... this WOMAN is MINE? T.T

<3
    LOL. You have a point, Dar-chan. But tbh, I actually liked that line, because it was the same thing WR said to SH and because KC was so passionate and filled with so much love and desperation when he said it. It was just like when his father said that line for the first time. In various aspects KC is very similar to his father (when WR was a Gumiho of course); like father, like son. ^_^

BTW, I so can’t wait for the moment when he finally tells YW that he loves her.

Quote Quote:
    By.far.the.most.real.kiss.I've.seen.in.a.kdrama.

I agree with you, Dar-chan. I loved that kiss!! It felt real. The awkwardness, the nervousness, the sweetness, the passion and all the love of the first kiss were all present in that kiss. It was perfect because that kiss is supposed to be not only KC and YW first kiss as a couple, but their first kisses as individuals as well. I wonder if that was Suzy’s first real kiss.

The kiss was great! It is a bit contradictory but that kiss felt pure and passionate at the same time. And I loved how when KC pulls away and we can see that he has gone back to normal YW goes back for more kisses and she is the one to initiate the kissing this time. She is so awesome!!

That kiss was so amazing!! Another reason why I like that kiss is because they confirmed their feelings for each other with that kiss; they let their lips express what their hearts felt for each other.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 06, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see we're all captivated by the kiss. It was longer than what I predicted, but above all I'm sooooo glad they know each others' feelings.

And you just have to see episode 18 to open this spoiler box.

Spoiler show

Is the Koo in "Koo Wol Ryung" the same as the Gu in "Gu Family Book"? With all the korean transcription possibilities of spelling one word and stuff..
    I suppose you're watching it on DramaCrazy? I'm always late because I'm waiting for subtitles from DarkSmurfSub. The team used "Gu Wol Ryeong" for their subtitles. The strange point will be why didn't Wol Ryeong know about that book if it's his family's book? I assume they just have same surname then. XD

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Yes, he does like her. We have a love pentagon in this series ^^, although some of the sides of that pentagon are one-sided loves.
    Please don't. Please let them be happy, lol. Tae Seo can just find another girl. PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I agree with you, Dar-chan. I also find Gon very cute . And I also like his one-sided love for Yeo Wol, he really loves her.
    At times I think he's very... skinny? Slim? Whatever, from his side feels like his body is so thin and fragile. But he's awesome at sword, and sweet and cute when it comes to Yeo Wol. <3

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see we're all captivated by the kiss. It was longer than what I predicted, but above all I'm sooooo glad they know each others' feelings.
    That kiss was , plus that song!! And yeah, the best part of that kiss is the fact that they both are aware of their feelings for each other now, especially KC, because YW made her feelings clear since some episodes ago.

Quote Quote:
    Source > http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2013/06/...hi-quotations/

/me dies from heart attack
    KC’s quotes are wonderful!! I read that very same article on another site and yeah, KC’s quotes are great!!

Quote Quote:
    Please don't. Please let them be happy, lol. Tae Seo can just find another girl. PLEASE!
    I’m not as worried for the love rivals as I am for the prophecy, since it said that one of them might die if they were together. I want a happy ending for my healing couple!!!

Quote Quote:
    At times I think he's very... skinny? Slim? Whatever, from his side feels like his body is so thin and fragile.
    He is very thin, I agree. But he is still very cute!

Quote Quote:
    But he's awesome at sword, and sweet and cute when it comes to Yeo Wol. <3
    ITA!!!

Btw, here’s the preview for ep 19:

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I feel like it's gonna be another rollercoaster for Kang Chi again after this? Discovering his parents, and with the new tasks... I hope he hangs in there. Well, as long as Yeo Wol is with her he looks like he's gonna be okay. <333

I couldn't resist and finished episode 18 yesterday. I had read that quote by Kang Chi, but to actually saw it from his mouth... To Yeo Wol... As he hugged her... /nosebleed I'm so glad he lived his own way, not chained by what his dad said. Wol Ryeong really had a bad luck with Seo Hwa, apparently. I feel for him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had read that quote by Kang Chi, but to actually saw it from his mouth... To Yeo Wol... As he hugged her... /nosebleed I'm so glad he lived his own way, not chained by what his dad said.
    That scene was so wonderful!!! He forgave YW for her attitude and reassured her of his feelings for her. I love this couple so much!!

Quote Quote:
    Wol Ryeong really had a bad luck with Seo Hwa, apparently. I feel for him.
    Apparently? ^^ Well, she rejected him after finding out about his true nature, she called him a monster, she betrayed him and she was part of the reason why he was killed and was turned into a demon…I think it is pretty safe to say that he had very bad luck with SH.

About episodes 19 and 20, I love them!!! I’m so going to miss this K-drama once it ends.

Episodes 19 and 20:

Spoiler show

I can’t wait to watch episode 21!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 15, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 21...

Spoiler show

Three episodes left. Can't believe this is ending soon. It feels like we've just started... Judging from the preview it's going to be a sad but sweet journey ahead. I wonder...

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 21...

I cried. Like, I watched this episode on 1 AM and I cried. Thankfully not too noisy. I cried for the happiness they didn't manage to reach no matter what they did. It's so heartbreaking.
    If you cried during episode 21…then be sure to have a tissue box next to you when you watch episode 24, phio-chan.

Quote Quote:
    There's always this kind of pair in each drama I watched. It's normal, but in King 2 Hearts and here in GFB, these pairs totally break my heart and made me cry. Damn fate.
    Yes, that cruel fate!!! Fate wasn’t very nice with WR x SH and….
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Episode 24 – Final episode

I cried, oh boy did I cry during this episode. Why couldn’t KC and YW have their happy ending? Why did the writer have to choose the tragic route? Why did she end things in such a way? Why?!

I have mixed feelings about how “Gu Family Book” ended. Yes, some parts of the episode were beautiful and so touching, like the scene at the river. But…the last part of the episode didn’t feel like an ending at all, it felt like the beginning of a new series. The ending does offer the possibility of a second season, but if there isn’t a second season then I have no clue why they ended things in such way, why they concluded this K-drama with such a mediocre ending. *sighs*

I really hope there is a second season or at least a special episode to really wrap things up, because the way they ended things was not a very good one.

Now about YW’s death…why? why? why did she have to die?! I guess the writer wanted to give us a more “realistic” ending by fulfilling the prophecy but this was a fantasy drama to begin with so why couldn’t she give us a happy ending? I wouldn’t have minded if she used some sort of fantasy element or plot device in order to give us the happy ending, I would have been more than okay with that. Instead of that, she gave us a very tragic ending that made me cry my heart out.

But okay, I could have accepted that very sad and tragic ending but the last part of the episode felt like some sort of cheap reward for all the pain she put us through during the first part of the episode. And that last scene, the very last one when KC meets future Gon and future Admiral…are we supposed to create our own fanfics and imagine what happens after that scene and what happens to KC and all the characters’ reincarnations in the future? What kind of ending is that?! That is why I really hope there is a second season or at least a special episode because otherwise they really did a poor job ending this series.

But let’s finish this post on a positive note by saying that even though the final episode wasn’t a very good one, I still enjoyed watching this series very much and the not-very-good ending can’t take away all the fun I had while watching this series.

P.S. After watching the last episode, YW’s song and KC’s song make a lot more sense and feel more heartfelt now.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a comment i read about Gu´s ending

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast