Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: What is your choice for each block ?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellamy , Luffy , Rebecca

40 30.08%
  • Bartolomeo , Luffy , Cavendish

23 17.29%
  • Bellamy , Luffy , Cavendish

16 12.03%
  • Bartolomeo, Luffy, Rebecca

42 31.58%
  • Other..

12 9.02%
New Reply
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 706 Discussion/ 707 Prediction

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 706 Discussion/ 707 Prediction

Things are not going to heat up until the winners from each block fight the doflamingo family. I have a strange feeling that Both the strawhats and the heart Pirates will gain new members this arc. They are about take on Kaido. He has 500 fruit users not to mention how many crews he has working for him. I think Oda is focusing so much on the combatants because some will join Laws crew

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-chapter-695.html here we already saw two pictures, whose one is near the old hag now. I think the next cover will show who is potrayed in it. Guevara,maybe? this miniadventure is going on too slowly,imo. I think oda is waiting for the story to advance before revealing the covers' end (that's why a lot of chapters haven't got it but a coloured page.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Things are not going to heat up until the winners from each block fight the doflamingo family. I have a strange feeling that Both the strawhats and the heart Pirates will gain new members this arc. They are about take on Kaido. He has 500 fruit users not to mention how many crews he has working for him. I think Oda is focusing so much on the combatants because some will join Laws crew
    While I'm hoping you're referring to Rebecca joining the Straw Hats, who would Law recruit?

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Could someone provide some info on the name Damask as in, is it actually Damask cause I believe it could be a sign of not her joining but who Rebecca may actually be.
    Uh, could you be more clear?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ywa rebecca joining the strawhats and Someone who doesnt want to be in Doflamingo's crew anymore, maybe someone who was cool with Law before he left. Maybe Baby 5

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post

Uh, could you be more clear?
    Sorry, I meant is Damask the actual translation.
    It's just, I know some sites do mistakes like Swordsmen instead of Gladiator or writing Bartolomeo as Balto Romeo.

It's just:
    A - Damask can refer to Damascus Steel.
    It's a middle eastern steel used for Swordmaking.
    It reminds me of Cavendish and Rebecca being both Sword users.
    Both wanting the Mera Mera with Damask being a Pyromaniac.
    I'm thinking along the lines of potential hinting that someone is gonna use the fire of Damask igniting their sword/setting on fire to fight.

B - Damask can also refer to reverse figured fabric among others Silk.
    Silk is a female swordsmen invented by Oda in Romance Dawn who just by chance happens to be the kind who stood up to Pirates that oppressed her home even if meant fighting by herself against the leader and his entire crew.

I'm not saying she is Silk just that there might have been some influence from that character.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I think Danmask is just a fodder character. The only real opponent Rebecca has is Cavendish: a pirate who's been around a year long than the Worst Generation without the need of a devil fruit. I get the feeling that when Block D comes around, Cavendish and Rebecca will demolish everyone else and the block will end with a 1-on-1 fight between them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we all are forgetting about gladiators and when we get to remember about them we are crossing them out too early.
    There can be fighters with a chance of winning among those gladiators, high bounty is high bounty but still those guys live only by fighting so some of them beside Spartan who was fodderized by Luffy there have to be some stronger dudes than him.
    Last edited by vagabond87; April 21, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Cavendish may prove to be a challenge for Luffy, I think. Waiting to see what he's truly capable of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    im sure rayleigh taught him something about swords, or at least what to do when fighting an opponent who uses haki with his sword.
    Hmm...I don't think Luffy will use a sword he is a fighter type not a swordman like Zoro but Shanks and other strong pirates uses swords too. So who knows maybe Luffy will choose a sword later in the future but then he wouldn't be the Luffy we know. He already learn his armor haki so he could use that against sword attack.

My final four picks:
    A. Burgess
    B. Bartolomeu
    C. Luffy
    D. Cavendish

I think Cavendish will defeat Rebecca but it could go either way. I prefer Bartolomeu than Bellamy, he's just fodder.
    Last edited by Lee-tyme7; April 21, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

Love is like a hurricane.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In the next chapter I think Bartholomeo and Bellamy will unite the force to eliminate the king of Prodence, Elisabello II and his minister of war Dagama.
    After that I think that they will eliminate the others partecipants (if still remain some partecipants) and then they will fight each other.
    I hope that everything will end in the next chapter, but I think is more likely that it will end in chapter 708.

There is still the possibility that Bartolomeo is in the truth Saboo, although after this last chapter think it is less unlikely than before.
    Anyways is it possible that Saboo was saved by Kuma (I think that he extracted the wounds and her pain just like he did with Rufy a Thriller Bark) and then he became a revolutionary.
    Anyways I think that after the Great War He decided to become a pirate, then He took the name of Kuma and just like him, perhaps even following Dragon's order, He decided to pretend to be a pirate cruel and violent (infact the nickname of Kuma was "the tyrant").
    I think that Saboo did not go to the Great War to save Ace because He was around the world trying to make some revolutions, therefore He did not knew of the war, or another option is because he had lost his memory and he regained it only after reading the newspaper in which it was described the war.

I think the winner of the second block will be Bartolomeo, but I think that Bellamy will have an important role in the future, I think that DD will leave Dressrosa because he will be hunted from the Navy, then I think that Bellamy will help him to escape, perhaps he will sacrifice himself and will be captured instead of DD, something very similar to what did Mister 2 to Alabasata for Rufy.
    To tell you the truth I hope that DD will will save him, perhaps at the last instant he will capture him thanks to the power of his devil fruit.

I really liked that Bellamy has changed, that he is not anymore a piece of shit just like he was.
    Anyways I hope that he will not become the next nakama, I hope that the next will be someone between a fishman or a siren, but but not Shirahoshi; otherwise the next nakama could be a woman or someone who ate a Rogia's devil fruit (obviously the best would be that the next nakama could have more of this characteristics, not only one).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but i believe we'll have a big surprise in this tournament . For example we all seem to see the big names and we are ignoring the other gladiators . Between this lot Ricky caught my attention . I like mysterious characters and he seems interesting . I think Bellamy and Bartolomeo will have a showdown with him in order to determine the winner . Maybe the 2 of them will team up to bring him down I know it might sound weird but i like weird things

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No one will be joining the strawhats lol. However, I like to mention the fact that luffy was blindfolded during his haki training... SO how monstrous is fujitora's haki?????????!!!!!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that all characters that could make a difference aren't yet introduced, because it seems stupid to have no suprisses and there are only 10(or less) of 138 characters introduced in each group.
    I saw in this weeks OP anime episode that Luffy uses locating Haki or what it is called, when those giants attack nami, choper and usop,
    maybe Luffy didn't show his potential yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Rebecca so far, and am okay with her joining the crew... though I kind of think that she will end up like Vivi, for some reason. But, if she does join the crew, she might as well be strong... She doesn't have to be Monster Trio level, but it would be absolutely horrible if she joins with out any/very little fighting skill when compared to the rest of the crew. Now that the SH are in the NW, any new nakama should be at least Usopp/Nami/Chopper/Robin level. any one weaker and they will pose a serious weak spot to the crew (which is why ever though i really want Momo to stick around, I don't see it happening). That, and having 3 weak females will get super annoying. I can't see her with the Mera no mi, so she better pack some serious gladiator power!

I'm not sure on Cavendish vs. Rebecca...
    I don't think Oda had a battle where a female won yet (aside from Nami vs. Kalifa), so I can't see her winning (which is a shame, because i think it's about time we get some serious girl fire power in the series). On the other hand, Cavendish seems to be smart and influential (as he is a prince), but I don't seem him being too powerful. So if Rebecca is in fact as bad-ass as she was made out to be, then maybe Cavendish will actually lose. Which i think will also be a shame, because he too is supposed to be pretty darn strong.

As for Barty vs. Bellamy...
    The only way i see Barty lose to Bellamy is if Bellamy underwent a huge personality and strength change. Judging by his mature attitude towards Luffy, it seems that he did change. But Barty has already been established as very blood thirsty (even though he did not kill the spectators...) so i don't see him going down without a fight.

I wonder if maybe we'll end up with a tie? What would happen then?

Also, I don't think Luffy's disguise will last too long. I can see him winning Block C with Haki, but I think he'll be found out early on.
    I just hope Oda doesn't make the tournament too long - I don't want to see one on one fights between all of these random new fodder characters, not unless they are very, very relevant to the story. And, since everyone is currently split up, i hope we get some equal progress on all story fronts, as we've too many things going on at once.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong here but, is Sabo not super dead? And that's confirmed?

Anywas. A bit slow chapter. Im suprised that Bellamy gets this much screen time. Must say i like him. And after Bartman got hyped up on Vice-Admiral lvl. He also has a solid bounty. I will also mention that his one hit KO does not reflect his full strengt as he serverly underestimated Luffy. Not saying that he could have defeted Luffy, But he should be stronger than he seemed.

Could be cool to see who actually moves on past the battle royal. Rebecca and Cavandish is also something that could go both ways. But i think Cavandish has that one.

New Reply
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast