Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Uryu and ichigo-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu and ichigo-

I had a thought after this chapter.

` regarding uryu ishda, ichigo, and fullbring.

Will ichigo be able to strengthen uryu by sharing his powers with uryu via his fullbring?
    Not the hollow part but the quincy part.

What I am getting at is, that ichigo has quincy powers. he will have shinigami/hollow also,
    can he strengthen uryu by using his fullbring to send quincy energy into uryu once he regains his powers?

if fullbringers can share power, then I think ichigo may be able to emit reishi and have uryu absorb it and in so doing absorb some of ichigos powers.

Like when ishda touched his zanpaktou and had the giant arrow, perhaps, ishda will be in store for an uber upgrade.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uryu and ichigo-

Well, there are two issues with that so far. The first is that ichigo does not seem to have his fullbring anymore. He has the armor thingy but that is not quite his fullbring but rather a part which merged with his own powers and perhaps a manifestation of his own hollowification. Without having his fullbring back how could ichigo share it with anyone? Then here is the issue of ishida being a fullbringer. Urahara has noted that ishida's powers are distinctly different from chad's powers meaning that there is no relation or similarity between fullbringers and quincy at large. So even if ichigo could share his powers there is the issue of ishida not having a fullbring of his own.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, there are two issues with that so far. The first is that ichigo does not seem to have his fullbring anymore. He has the armor thingy but that is not quite his fullbring but rather a part which merged with his own powers and perhaps a manifestation of his own hollowification. Without having his fullbring back how could ichigo share it with anyone? Then here is the issue of ishida being a fullbringer. Urahara has noted that ishida's powers are distinctly different from chad's powers meaning that there is no relation or similarity between fullbringers and quincy at large. So even if ichigo could share his powers there is the issue of ishida not having a fullbring of his own.
    but ichigo solves both issues-

1.ichigo has the ability of fullbring, even if the manifestation of it was taken by ginju, all that ginju took was what ichigo had built up. since the fullbringers were shown, I suspect ichigo may have access to fullbring. - really all fullbring did was allow ichigo to manifest his powers in human form. while that power may be different from quincy, ichigo now has quincy powers, he is a hybrid or rather a tribrid.

2. if ichigo has quincy powers from a pureblood quincy, and he channels his energy into uryu, wouldnt that make uryu stronger? like when the other shinigami gave ichigo his power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post

1.ichigo has the ability of fullbring, even if the manifestation of it was taken by ginju, all that ginju took was what ichigo had built up. since the fullbringers were shown, I suspect ichigo may have access to fullbring. - really all fullbring did was allow ichigo to manifest his powers in human form. while that power may be different from quincy, ichigo now has quincy powers, he is a hybrid or rather a tribrid.

2. if ichigo has quincy powers from a pureblood quincy, and he channels his energy into uryu, wouldnt that make uryu stronger? like when the other shinigami gave ichigo his power.

Or like when Ichigo himself made Uryuu's bow more powerful in the beginning of the series (anyone remember the Menos Grande?).

I see what you did there, Kubo.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Or like when Ichigo himself made Uryuu's bow more powerful in the beginning of the series (anyone remember the Menos Grande?).

I see what you did there, Kubo.
    that is exactly what I was thinking.
    if the pureblood reishi could seep into ichigo from the jail and make him stronger by awakening his quincy power,
    then what if uryu and ichigo are in a battle, and uryu absorbs some of ichigos new quincy laced reishi. it might make his power sort of transferable in quincy form.
    ishda might end up with an upgrade.

Im not saying it will happen, just maybe it could happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what needs to happen is Ichigo and Ishida do the fusion dance to transform into Ichida.
    Or Ishigo.

Personally, it'd be great to see them fight side by side later on in this arc. I still really wonder where Uryuu is now. I'm still surprised we haven't seen a single panel since before Ichigo left for Hueco Mundo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

@DarkBankai
    What you said about the Fullbringers took the Fullbring Ichigoh had stored up, I agree with you about.
    It seems similar to how you can view Asauchi work for Shinigami, you store up your inner spirit within the Asauchi, and voila, manifesting your inner spirit into the real world.
    When the Quincy stole the bankais, I doubt that they took their inner spirit, however the manifestation of said inner spirit within the Aasuchi.

The same could likely be said about Fullbringers, they manifest their Fullbring powers within an item/body, an that said item/body becomes the host, quite similar to how Asauchi works.

In this sense, Shinigami's Zanpaktou is actually similar to a Fullbringers item of choice.

A zanpaktou's spirit can move host (Asauchi / Medallion), Fullbring powers can move host (From choosen item to choosen item).

But I agree somewhat with kkck though, I don't think Ichigo can give Ishida powers he does not have to begin with, Chad is whole other story though.
    Then again, wasn't this power sharing ability Ginjou's own unique ability? Was it ever confirmed to be a normal ability among the Fullbringers?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post

Well, I was thinking that the whole sharing power thing was more of a fullbring ability. If that is true then ichigo sharing power with ishida will be complicated by the lack uryu has of an ability that allows him that. We are not too familiar with what ginjo did with the other fullbringers though. We know they shared their power but we have no idea of what that entailed for the most part. Not to mention that neither really had abilities of the others....

Now, as far as the shinigami bit we have to consider that the shinigami powers ichigo took from rukia were purely temporal. Rukia eventually regained the full blunt of her power back and the power ichigo received would have eventually run out one way or the other. In the end even zangetsu made the point that byakuya actually destroyed the power rukia left within ichigo and that ichigo had his own unique shinigami powers. Basically, not a shred of rukia's power remains within ichigo.

The bit with the bow growing larger thanks to ichigo's reiatsu is contextually different. for starters it was even less permanent than the power ichigo got from rukia. In fact the bow even became smaller the second uryu lost contact with ichigo. Ichigo can push power into ishida as far as we know and ishida could indeed put that power to use but what we have seen the boost is not permanent, on the whole ishida does not grow stronger from it nor would he be able to keep that power for later use.

Also consider the the sword which was used to bring back ichigo's shinigami powers. It had the reiatsu of over 20 captain class shinigami and 13 VCs as far as we know and even then ichigo does not actually have that much combined power, all of that was simply used to bring back ichigo's shinigami powers (which were boosted by fullbring).

I still think the whole sharing power thing was more of a fullbring specific thing though. I am not 100% sure but wasn't it specifically said that they were sharing their fullbring with ginjo? In that particular case the sharing does not necessarily imply an increase in power by any of the parties....
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/473/11
    Well, the deal seems to be between fullbringers and subtitute shinigami however uryu is precisely neither. We don't know enough about the exchange to suggest it would be plausible to do it with non shinigami substitutes. Not to mention that by the time that was said ginjo never actually exhibited shinigami powers of his own unless he had them by the time he met the rest of the fullbringers (I guess he did have them by the time he met tsukishima).

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply