Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Will HxH ever be completed ?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkk View Post
    the longest is now no??
    No, not yet. The last chapter was from early march 2012, meaning it's more or less exactly one and a half year now. It's probably the longest if we don't see it back in November.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember hearing the longest being 2 years--but I wasn't reading HxH at that time so I'm not 100% sure on that. This one seems to be dragging on forever... but having the anime really helps out with that.

Luckily it's at the end of an arc and not in the middle of one. :P

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

One would hope an ending is coming eventually but seeing the pace it's been on, it remains doubtful. I'm guessing the author will just give up and write a rushed BS ending. One has to wonder if this slow pace keeps up, how many readers will actually know what HunterxHunter is in the next few years. I'm only guessing the amount of HunterxHunter readers will decrease.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it will be completed and i beleive the anime will bring a whole new swarm of readers once it picks back up
    It has been awfully long though

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    One would hope an ending is coming eventually but seeing the pace it's been on, it remains doubtful. I'm guessing the author will just give up and write a rushed BS ending. One has to wonder if this slow pace keeps up, how many readers will actually know what HunterxHunter is in the next few years. I'm only guessing the amount of HunterxHunter readers will decrease.
    well, with the anime, the manga sales are at an all time high so i think you are mistaken :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I remember hearing the longest being 2 years--but I wasn't reading HxH at that time so I'm not 100% sure on that. This one seems to be dragging on forever... but having the anime really helps out with that.

Luckily it's at the end of an arc and not in the middle of one. :P
    Yeah...that 2+ year break would've been just before the palace invasion (and he took another 1.5 yr break just before the conclusion of the ant arc). Back then the break was insufferable but this time round it's definitely better due to a) we've been given a conclusion to the 10 year long ant arc plus another full arc leading to a much deeper story development and b) the fantastic new anime to keep us engaged.

I would much rather Togashi take his time to get his thoughts together than ruin the series by rushing out an ending (like what happened to Gantz, Soul Eater etc.)

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    I would much rather Togashi take his time to get his thoughts together than ruin the series by rushing out an ending (like what happened to Gantz, Soul Eater etc.)
    Completely agree, I have no Idea what happened to Gantz and Soul Eater, but they hit a certain point and gradually got less interesting, I just started caring less for some reason. I would rather Hunter X Hunter take its time as well, to keep the story interesting and hopefully he will be able to wrap Hunter X Hunter up in a great way, endings can definitely affect how we see the manga overall. I loved Yu Yu Hakusho's ending (but apparently alot of people didn't), and I hope Hunter X hunter gets a very good ending, that reflects how great the journey has been.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it'll ever be completed. Though, maybe the mangaka has written down the plot and everything important so in case anything happens, the family still has a cash cow.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i highly doubt this

i believe togashi is taking his time SOLELY For the purpose to avoid this because many people were not happy with the end of yuyu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i highly doubt this

i believe togashi is taking his time SOLELY For the purpose to avoid this because many people were not happy with the end of yuyu
    I guess Im one of the few people who actually enjoyed, like I really enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho's ending. Honestly it was fantastic to me, but I meet a couple of people who feel the same as me.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i highly doubt this

This is most likely not the case, as it shouldn't take months or years for him to get to the next chapter. Chances are, he just stopped because he really doesn't care, and he's financially secure now.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope not. That would break my heart, it would be sad that an awesome story ended like that...I don't think he will disappoint his fans..
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ppl won't just 'stop caring' when they bring out something with such high Quality for so many years, even if they might hate the work at times.

If Togashi stopped caring he could easily have conformed to usual shonen formulas and let gon and killuah return to heaven Arena, without much thinking, let killuah beat illumi there and gon hisoka, let gon find gin and end it.

He didnt do that, he gave us the chimera ants arc, whether you like it or don't like it, the most complicated arc of them all, with so many new introduced plot Points that you have to reread it to get it in it's entirety.
    He could have forgotten all the chimera ants after that if he wanted, just saying 'well okay hunters got it under control, now killuah sorts his Family Business, gon finds ging and ending'.

He didnt, he gave us the election arc which heavily based on the Prior events and introduces a lot of new important characters which are, from a writer's Point of view, hard to handle, like alluka and pariston.

If toashi wanted to end hxh because he stopped caring, he could have done so by now easily, but he always seems to have decided against it and even prolong his work by introducing new plot Points.

He could always have given us an open ending.
    Following the election arc, or before, he could have leorio be a doctor and kurapica kill the Spiders and let the semi last chapter we got be the official ending.

And again, no, he didnt.
    Whatever is the reason for him taking those Long hiatusses, i doubt that it is 'not caring'.
    He might have a more relaxed stance to it, like 'i don't have to reach any Deadlines, i can just think about stuff until i am all good, i can scetch multiple possiblities, or mb not do a Thing about it at all for months'. Sure, who wouldnt, but i am 100% sure that he does want to finish HxH and he wants to give it his best shot.

Elseways, his behaviour would be absolutely irrational.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All of that is likely perfectly true, shionoro, but I highly doubt it takes Togashi months on end to plan out his story ideas. He cares about Hunter x Hunter, that's beyond a doubt, but procrastination almost certainly plays a part in his long breaks between updates.

I'm sort of conflicted on whether we as readers deserve to complain about how Togashi creates his stories. Storytelling, after all, is an extremely intimate and personal process. With that said, it isn't really the lack of new chapters that is the problem, but the uncertainty that Togashi's hiatuses create. It causes us to fear for the future of the series; a fear this thread is a living testament to. It also puts the survival of the so-far exceptional anime adaptation of the series in doubt. The 1999 anime was already screwed over by Togashi's hiatuses. I don't want to see a repeat of that with MadHouse's work. They deserve better.

I feel there wouldn't be nearly as much controversy surrounding Togashi's breaks if the man was more open about what he's doing with his free time and when he's planning on getting back to work. Perhaps he should consider starting a blog. At least then we would know that he hasn't dropped off the face of the earth...

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact Togashi wrote tie in material for the first movie shows he still cares. It's just a shame for whatever reason he's not doing the series weekly. Could be stamina, the man is 50. It's just sad that the anime won't have anything to work with soon.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast