Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: Will HxH ever be completed ?

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    What a coincidence. I was just thinking a week or two ago, "what will happen if I die before HxH ends?" That would be a suckish life.
    In the Chinese boards it's common for people to talk about needing their descendents to burn copies of HXH so they can read it in heaven.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    It depends on Togashi really.I wonder if he's up to it.

  4. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    I think Togashi just wants to beat Akimoto's record of writing the longest-running manga ever

    Expect HxH to be completed in 25+ years.

  5. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    That's not quite right. Something like Detective Conan literally can go on forever. Something like One Piece could go on forever too (because there are an unknown number of islands between wherever the Straw Hats are to their destination). Something like Hunter X Hunter has a clear ending. There are fights that are supposed to happen and events that are supposed to finish things up.
    I don't see One Piece lasting forever, Oda stated he already knows the end of the manga, and about a year ago ago he stated he was half way done with One Piece, and If you are reading the current One Piece chapters, you can tell Oda is planting seeds for an Incredible 2nd half, and things are ramping up, I actually feel like the ending is far away, but Its in sight. (also One Piece has the same things you listed about Hunter X Hunter, if not more concrete at the moment)

    On Hunter X Hunter (keep in mind I probably haven't been reading or watching as long as you guys.), I feel like Hunter X hunter already went past its clear ending, with Gon meeting Ging, I love that its going past that point because Im a new watcher and I want to see it continue, but What would Hunter X Hunter's clear ending be.

    I feel the Dark Continent arc is going to be pretty long, and at the rate Togashi goes on hiatus' I can see this arc alone lasting 3 to 4 years, Oda is consistent with his chapters (of course he is younger, but Im just comparing there put out. Not trying to say Togashi should work like Oda.), At this rate I feel One Piece will end before Hunter x Hunter ends.
    Last edited by leiatte; April 13, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    The only way you know One Piece is about halfway done is because the author said it is.

    There are an unknown number of islands at any given point the Straw Hats happen to be to their destination, not to mention if needed they can actually go backwards to revisit some other island (plenty of people have done this before). At this point there is still zero progress toward obtaining One Piece itself. This isn't even like Inuyasha where they occasionally have to remind you that the jewel is 'almost complete' and have to come up with a new explanation every now and then to explain why the jewel isn't completed yet even though they must have a zillion fragments of the said jewel. That's why One Piece can go on forever because the actual progress of the story is zero. The only way you can make any sense of the story's progression is because the author said so.

    On the other hand in HXH the Spiders aren't going to elude Kurapika forever (or vice versa). Killua is going to eventually figure out what he wants to do (and did). Gon is eventually going to catch up with Ging (which he did too). If Togashi isn't super lazy it might take longer before this happens but it's a matter of time because HXH isn't a story where the main plot have zero progress toward them. Now HXH can probably go on forever if it starts focusing on the other characters, but the main characters story has an ending and it is probably going to end rather soon.

  7. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Its gonna take so long for Togashi to end HxH he's gonna have Oda write the ending after he finishes One Piece.

  8. #22
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    That's not quite right. Something like Detective Conan literally can go on forever. Something like One Piece could go on forever too (because there are an unknown number of islands between wherever the Straw Hats are to their destination). Something like Hunter X Hunter has a clear ending. There are fights that are supposed to happen and events that are supposed to finish things up.
    One Piece can't last forever though, especially when its mangaka releases a chapter almost every week. HxH has a mangaka who does few chapters and takes breaks, usually long breaks. Detective Conan's mangaka seems to stretch the story so far, despite how repetitive it gets. If nothing else, I can easily see OP and DC finishing way before the next chapter of HxH comes out, but I doubt he'll be on THAT long of a break. Eventually he may need more money

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    I think irregardless or wether Oda planned his ending, it'll still take awhile because he's too slow paced in his story telling. As for Hunter x Hunter itself it really could have been over already, but with these hiatus's its taking much too long than it should have been. An article on shonenbeam even stated once that Togashi may have planned something like the dark continet for a while now but due to the build up in hiatus's its smack dab around the time with Toriko and even One Piece so no one's really that surpised anymore.

    Story wise I can definetly see HxH being closer to its end than begining(even if I hardly have the slightest Idea as to where that is), however I wouldn't be surpised if it ended about 6 maybe 8 years from now.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog


  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    I want to at least see Spider fight and got defeated before all is over. Not that hopeful for it, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    OP isn't slow paced. Its pace is nonexistent. After 70 volumes we're no closer to One Piece than we started. It's not even clear if anyone's even interested in One Piece (the treasure) let alone making any tangible effort toward it. OP doesn't even need to employ the usual 'we're so close to XYZ but it's always eluding our grasp', because nobody is even making any progress toward the XYZ, be it One Piece, the History, or anything else meaningful. That in itself isn't good or bad. It just means OP is something like Doraemon where it can literally go on forever and the only limiting factor would be the author's creativity and health.

    HXH isn't like this. It'd be very uncharacteristic if the Spiders continue to avoid confronting Kurapika. They're going to meet again soon (in terms of story time, not real life time) and things will definitely get settled. Events that are foreshadows in motion occur relatively quickly (again in story time).

  12. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    OP isn't slow paced. Its pace is nonexistent. After 70 volumes we're no closer to One Piece than we started. It's not even clear if anyone's even interested in One Piece (the treasure) let alone making any tangible effort toward it. OP doesn't even need to employ the usual 'we're so close to XYZ but it's always eluding our grasp', because nobody is even making any progress toward the XYZ, be it One Piece, the History, or anything else meaningful. That in itself isn't good or bad. It just means OP is something like Doraemon where it can literally go on forever and the only limiting factor would be the author's creativity and health.

    HXH isn't like this. It'd be very uncharacteristic if the Spiders continue to avoid confronting Kurapika. They're going to meet again soon (in terms of story time, not real life time) and things will definitely get settled. Events that are foreshadows in motion occur relatively quickly (again in story time).
    i disagree about the pace in one piece, yes the crew keeps getting stopped or involved with other matters, like fighting the marines, standing up for someone or a group of people, or just fighting someone evil in general

    but they are trying to get to raftel eventually

    the good thing about oda and the way he is writing it, is that there is no "set path" for the crew to follow, and the story, and side stories, all have continuous progression (for example robin learning more about history, zoro becoming a better swordsman, and so on)

    i have not started reading the manga in HXH yet, but i am at the end of the yorknew city arc in the anime, so i dont have that many episodes left, and when i get to the end i will start reading the manga until i catch up to where you guys are

    speaking of which where does the manga pick up after episode 76 or whatever its on now?

  13. #27
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaimini626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    i dont know if you guys feel the same as me , but according to me there are no set things in hunterxhunter...well there are some goals like gon surpasshng jin, leario becoming a docter , kirapika and the spiders , kilua finding his goal; you can either consider then their goals but all these thing can be a new starting then an ending , like you know there are many things in the hxh world which we have not seen yet, i dont want hunterxhunter to end like yuyu-hukushu...hxh is not about spiders or surpasing ging or things like that its about people becoming hunters in order to fullfill their goals , there is so much plot left....

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #28
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    I think that now that we know
    Spoiler show
    ,everybody can have a common goal.

    Spoiler show


    Togashi is such a genius.

    @Kisame:Chapter 185.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  16. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i disagree about the pace in one piece, yes the crew keeps getting stopped or involved with other matters, like fighting the marines, standing up for someone or a group of people, or just fighting someone evil in general

    but they are trying to get to raftel eventually

    the good thing about oda and the way he is writing it, is that there is no "set path" for the crew to follow, and the story, and side stories, all have continuous progression (for example robin learning more about history, zoro becoming a better swordsman, and so on)

    i have not started reading the manga in HXH yet, but i am at the end of the yorknew city arc in the anime, so i dont have that many episodes left, and when i get to the end i will start reading the manga until i catch up to where you guys are

    speaking of which where does the manga pick up after episode 76 or whatever its on now?
    I kind of agree with Phantron. Its been like 70 vols 2.5 years in the time line and no one has YET to find the one piece O.o it'd be funny if someone found the op over the two year time skip ( that's what happens when you train for two years ) LOOOL

    But that's something only Togashi would do : P

  17. #30
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Witcher 3
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will HxH ever be completed ?

    well i do agree that the spider doesnt have to be the end point of the story , or even close from it ...
    but i do believe its an unfinished business, in greed island it seems there are rumors of the spider being alive and coming back.. and we know this means a lot for hisoka ( who is in my opinion one of the greatest anti-hero / villain , in any manga series ) and i wouldnt want to upset hisoka .. would you ??? and it would be a nice way to bring back kurapica and all ....

    Now,
    I Disagree with you all
    I DONT trust the Togashi(the author) anymore

    Not only has he been on hiatus since forever and every other time , but his work has been less and less good.
    ... i mean i remember reading greed island like 8 years ago or so ( was it more ? not sure ) but at the time it was already after one of the first long hiatus ... and already there i thought that those new volumes were good but not as good as what he gave us before...

    then as time passed...we finaly had a new arc.. (IN ANIME , MAYBE IT WILL BE BETTER ) ... BUT in manga, it was TERRIBLE ..totaly... very cliché , with endless no point conversations ,a chimera bee freezer chinese insectoids style arc ... (all this insect things was so garbage in my opinion)

    so many years to get this kind of arc ... i was pretty pissed... i almost stoped reading so much i was disappointed ...
    buttt at least around the end , we had some nice fights, new technics and such and last but not least finaly : no more bee !
    and then, a hope of redemption with a new dark continent , with some kind of plot that could be intersting starting.. after the night come the shy morning.


    even if the very end showed a little more promising future, i still dont think togashi will ever be back on the same lvl he was before ... only one thing left to do now---->
    Last edited by apellon; April 20, 2013 at 01:53 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts