Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Aizen is THE most annoying character I ever got to know

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen is THE most annoying character I ever got to know

His level of annoyance-inducing nature is, arguably, on par with Eric Cartman's, but without all the humor. Doesn't he remind you of that ONE FRIEND whose sole reason for living is to correct/contradict you?

Urahara: it seems that you fused with the Hogyoku
    Aizen: no, i subdued it

Kaname: the hollowfied shinigami was a failure (as in, the hollow did not produce the expected/desired results)
    Aizen: no, it was a success because I got to see something unexpected and it intrigues me.

Would it literally kill him to say something that is NOT in contradiction to what others are saying? Sure, if the conversation deals with absolute laws of the universe like science and mathematics, it's possible to provide justification for disagreement.

BUT no~~~. he just constantly tries to prove everyone else wrong on trivial issues or matters of opinion, ending up simply paraphrasing what the others say with synonymous expressions that are not completely at odds with their claims, SOLELY for the sake of disagreeing with them. It's like he lives, only to prove that everything other people say is wrong and be condescending to everyone.

Sure, a good story and character development for protagonists are ultimately driven by good antagonists/villains, but Aizen's personality is just PLAIN TORTURE.
    Last edited by SuperSaiyan4; April 11, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen is THE most annoying character I ever got to know

Aizen: No my personality is a blessing. Immerse in it while you can hope to do so.
    Last edited by DraMas26; April 16, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Narcissists are like that, you know.
    The only thing bigger than his reiatsu is his ego.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Narcissists are like that, you know.
    The only thing bigger than his reiatsu is his ego.
    Yeah, and another thing the two have in common is that they are both apparently transcendental.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Lol. My ego, that surpases shinigami and hollow...

I actually left off reading entire portions of bleach (those with Aizen babble). I actually felt I was getting brainwashed or something whenever Aizen opened his mouth lol. It was that bad. I hated the feeling. That, coupled with the contrived impotence that kubo would give to characters around Aizen, made for some seriously bad bleach days. And yes, its really annoying how he would contradict everthing everyone said, even HIMSELF sometimes!!

I do not miss this guy. If he finds his way back to mainstream bleach I'll probably take a break until he's put back in his box lol.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    ^Lol. My ego, that surpases shinigami and hollow...

I actually left off reading entire portions of bleach (those with Aizen babble). I actually felt I was getting brainwashed or something whenever Aizen opened his mouth lol. It was that bad. I hated the feeling. That, coupled with the contrived impotence that kubo would give to characters around Aizen, made for some seriously bad bleach days. And yes, its really annoying how he would contradict everthing everyone said, even HIMSELF sometimes!!

I do not miss this guy. If he finds his way back to mainstream bleach I'll probably take a break until he's put back in his box lol.

Aizen: Do not be ashamed. It's expected that beings of reason cannot understand a being who defies comprehension. Box? That was just part of my plan of getting the Ouken hidden in Muken.

I don't expect a being of reason to be able to deduce that it's impossible to create an Ouken unless you're the SK. I forged information that I was planning to sacrifice KT to create an Ouken to throw the Gotei 13 off. My actual plan was just to push Kurosaki Ichigo to his limit so he could evolve and thus help me unlock my own evolution.

It all went just as planned.
    Last edited by DraMas26; April 16, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the particular examples given in the opening posts do show specific moments where aizen was able to see just a bit further than what others could. I mean, there is a difference between subduing and fusing with the orb (fusion implies 2 beings becoming one and subduing implies aizen as an individual getting control over it) and there is a difference between the experiment being a failure and the experiment taking a non negative direction that could have never been foreseen by anyone. Aizen was the only one that knew what exactly he had done with the orb and between him, gin and tousen was the only one to perceive something positive could come out of the completely random and utterly improbably set of events which led to the hollow targeting masaki. As far as tousen was concerned at least the experiment was an actual failure and he almost killed masaki....

So its not that aizen lives to contradict or correct others.... its just that at his best aizen can in fact see well beyond what others can perceive. Its not like aizen has been correcting others just to not look bad or just to have the last word or be petty, in all of the proposed scenarios kubo has made a point of making aizen be right. If anything the only time he wasn't right about stuff was when he was defeated by ichigo.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the particular examples given in the opening posts do show specific moments where aizen was able to see just a bit further than what others could. I mean, there is a difference between subduing and fusing with the orb (fusion implies 2 beings becoming one and subduing implies aizen as an individual getting control over it) and there is a difference between the experiment being a failure and the experiment taking a non negative direction that could have never been foreseen by anyone. Aizen was the only one that knew what exactly he had done with the orb and between him, gin and tousen was the only one to perceive something positive could come out of the completely random and utterly improbably set of events which led to the hollow targeting masaki. As far as tousen was concerned at least the experiment was an actual failure and he almost killed masaki....

So its not that aizen lives to contradict or correct others.... its just that at his best aizen can in fact see well beyond what others can perceive. Its not like aizen has been correcting others just to not look bad or just to have the last word or be petty, in all of the proposed scenarios kubo has made a point of making aizen be right. If anything the only time he wasn't right about stuff was when he was defeated by ichigo.
    I have no doubt that urahara sees further still, yet he somehow manages to not be even half as obnoxious as aizen. I know that kubo meant aizen to be a know it all, but all I could see was the contrived stupidity of characters around aizen.

Urahara as the ultimate evil genius would feel more natural to me. Characters around him can still use their heads and are not suddenly inexplicably incompetent. Urahara keeps even more secrets than aizen and has still managed to ingratiate himself with almost everyone. He knows just about everything and upto this point in time is still a mystery to us. I mean who the hell creates a hogyoku?

Urahara as a villain would be more insidious and terrifying to me than aizen. Also a hell of a lot less annoying.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post

Aizen: Do not be ashamed. It's expected that beings of reason cannot understand a being who defies comprehension. Box? That was just part of my plan of getting the Ouken hidden in Muken.

I don't expect a being of reason to be able to deduce that it's impossible to create an Ouken unless you're the SK. I forged information that I was planning to sacrifice KT to create an Ouken to throw the Gotei 13 off. My actual plan was just to push Kurosaki Ichigo to his limit so he could evolve and thus help me unlock my own evolution.

It all went just as planned.
    Theres that feeling again
    Last edited by blaise; April 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly you've never read Naruto and know nothing of Tobi. He's like Aizen, but less powerful and more arrogant and makes even less sense as a character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Tite Kubo: Bleach was originally meant to be a short series.
    Aizen: no, actually, with my character development and plot twist, my power has allowed fans to rejoice in the series for it's extended period to this point.
    Tite Kubo: **** you, i created you.
    Aizen:...no, it's i who has created your success.
    Tite Kubo:...!!!!.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that urahara sees further still, yet he somehow manages to not be even half as obnoxious as aizen. I know that kubo meant aizen to be a know it all, but all I could see was the contrived stupidity of characters around aizen.

Urahara as the ultimate evil genius would feel more natural to me. Characters around him can still use their heads and are not suddenly inexplicably incompetent. Urahara keeps even more secrets than aizen and has still managed to ingratiate himself with almost everyone. He knows just about everything and upto this point in time is still a mystery to us. I mean who the hell creates a hogyoku?

Urahara as a villain would be more insidious and terrifying to me than aizen. Also a hell of a lot less annoying.

Aizen: Admiration is the emotion furthest from reason. Since the other characters were still stuck on their belief of humble Captain Aizen, they were unable to think for themselves when they faced the real Aizen Sosuke. You would have made the same decision as them so it's not for you to criticise them.

Has your admirance for the candy shop owner clouded your reasoning? Both I and Urahara Kisuke created incomplete Hogyoukus but it was only I who managed to complete it and figured out how to subjugate it to my will. I was very generous to when I stated his intelligence surpassed my own. Perhaps I was being too humble.

Above all this why do you speak of me as a villain? Aren't I the tragic hero who sacrificed everything to save all life from the tyrannical Spirit King? If anything Urahara Kisuke is the villain for trying to put an end to my endeavour.

Theres that feeling again

Aizen: Allow me to educate you on the powers of a transcendent being. I am a being that surpasses all dimensions even the very dimension of the Bleachverse itself. That human you used just now met his end on the very same day you used his face to try and screen my presence.

That is a power of a transcendent being!

A power that transcends all realities!
    Last edited by DraMas26; April 25, 2013 at 03:34 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Aizen:...no, it's i who has created your success.

This is kinda true, one the main reasons that I like Bleach is Aizen honestly

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bbarcesaj125's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I definitely agree. Aizen is a make-shift villain that was designed to look cool and smart but if you dig deep into his character, you will find out how stupid he is especially when he mistakenly thought that his sword swings were the ones that destroyed those mountains during his fight with Ichigo.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply