Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Naruto 627 Review

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto 627 Review

Man did I love this chapter, Naruto 627 was a chapter that focused solely on characters and their motivation and I always love chapters like these, its mostly a set-up for the battle against Madara and set the pieces for what will probably be the climax of the manga.

to read last weeks review and predictions check the below link.
    http://game8review.blogspot.com/2013...26-review.html

Anyways lets start talking about this week's chapter, I loved what Hashirama said about shinobi, they are people who face difficult choices and see them through, they are forced to endure many hardships and it seems I am not the only person who thinks so as those words seem to have sunk in with Sasuke as well, he has been conflicted since he met Itachi and hearing what Hashirama said was the thing he needed to push him back squarely into the good side.

Was anyone really surprised Sasuke became a good guy again? since the moment he joined Orochimaru from part one Sasuke didnt do anything that was morally irreparable, he killed some people correct but none of them were what you could consider both Important AND good characters, he killed Deidera, Danzou and Itachi but all of these were considered evil at the time ( Itachi isnt evil of course but everyone thought he was at his time of death) and he did kill some fodder samurai earlier but those arent important to the story so they can be considered a forgivable offense.

If Sasuke had killed Kakashi in their reunion then he would be permanently in the villain camp, simply by virtue of being alive for so long without committing a major crime meant Sasuke was always set up to return to Konoha. ( This was one of my predictions from last week and I am happy it came true)

The above panel somewhat confuses me, did Madara's brother contribute anything towards peace? from all we saw he did try to protect the Uchiha by sacrificing his eyes but from almost all his appearances we see Izuna fighting, so I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.

Itachi inheiriting Hashirama's will was a very interesting concept, the ones who usually get the cycle of hatred instead got the will of fire, I liked that a lot, I also liked it how when we consider the two brothers Itachi and Sasuke, Itachi the "good" one died being thought of as a villain and Sasuke who I think is more evil will turn out to be the one who redeems his clan.

Tobirama is not the villain people make him out to be, despite his questionable decissions earlier he proves that as second Hokage he deserved the title, he respected his enemies and trusted the ones who proved himself, was he a racist? Thats hard to tell, he has a hard view on the Uchiha and its up to every person to determine whether he is right or wrong in his views.

While Sasuke's return to Konoha's side is expected, Orochimaru helping him isnt, its hard to figure out what he will do now that he has come back into the story, Orochimaru always seemed like the most unpredictable character and I doubt he will just join the Allied forces without some hidden agenda.

Karin is further proof that Kishi cant write women for some reason, the way she just forgave Sasuke for you know, trying to kill her was just mind boggling, this guy stabbed her without a second thought then ordered that she be killed and she just forgave him? what sort of sick love is this? but then again Sakura is still in love with Sasuke even after he tried to kill her too so perhaps trying to kill a woman is the fastest way to get her to love you in the Naruto world.

The kages and everyone else assemble and its fun to see what they all want for the future, Minato wants to see his son, Hashirama wants to meet Madara again, Tobirama wants to defeat him this time and Hiruzon just wants a fight.

Best Picture.

The last double spread page is epic, its just amazing, there is no other way to describe it other than that, its easily the best image this chapter, widescale shots like these are beautiful and seeing every kage stand on top of their own carved monument was too cool.
    So yeah thats the end of 627, a chapter that dealt with the results of Hashirama's speech and flashback as well as set the story up for the next few chapters, I personally loved this chapter so much and cant give it anything less than a perfect score.

Predictions.

Its a little hard to predict where the story goes after this since it could be anywhere, however I dont think the kages will arrive early in the next chapter, we will see how the allied forces are doing by themselves first for a while then have them join the battle, my bet is they will join at the end of a chapter, maybe 628 but not likely, They will appear to save the allied forces from some major attack by the Jyuubi.

Minato's gift to Naruto will most likely be the Chakra sealed inside him, I read many theories on how Minato has half the kyuubi's chakra inside him and I believe that he will now give it back to Naruto when he meets him, this will probably allow Naruto to power up the entire shinobi army.

Orochimaru is the person I am most unsure about I simply cant tell what he will do because he's never been predictable, but I think he might try to either be the Jyuubi's jincuriki or he will sync with the Gedo Mazo, Tobi wont do it and Orochimaru has always talked about being a complete being, a god and whats more godly than being the Jinchuriki of the Ten-Tails?

Thats all my thoughts for this chapter, hope you enjoyed reading this.

Chapter gets a 5 out of 5 from me.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 627 Review

my review didnt get stickied

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I kinda feel sorry for you man. Don't feel bad though, this week's chapter generated a lot of discussion and quick ones too so it was a matter of who got there first. Usually the first review gets sticked and any other that follow aren't unless they generate a lot of posts. Or at least that is how it has been for the past few weeks.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    lol I kinda feel sorry for you man. Don't feel bad though, this week's chapter generated a lot of discussion and quick ones too so it was a matter of who got there first. Usually the first review gets sticked and any other that follow aren't unless they generate a lot of posts. Or at least that is how it has been for the past few weeks.
    Thanks, I thought that at first maybe it would get stickied the next day since I published my review after blackjack's was already stickied but then I saw other threads getting stickied but not mine...oh well

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't want your work to go to waste though

Quote Quote:
    If Sasuke had killed Kakashi in their reunion then he would be permanently in the villain camp, simply by virtue of being alive for so long without committing a major crime meant Sasuke was always set up to return to Konoha. ( This was one of my predictions from last week and I am happy it came true)
    That's very true. In fact he's already treding on very thin ice. Naruto and his team may accept him but will the village really accept a missing nin who's tried to attack them and has plotted to kill many innocents. I'm also curious to see how sakura kakashi and also Killer Bee will respond to seeing him.

Quote Quote:
    While Sasuke's return to Konoha's side is expected, Orochimaru helping him isnt, its hard to figure out what he will do now that he has come back into the story, Orochimaru always seemed like the most unpredictable character and I doubt he will just join the Allied forces without some hidden agenda.
    Good point. A lot have been mentioning that Orochimaru was affected by Itachi's eye technique on kabuto and that is due to his change of attitude. A part of me finds this comforting but a greater part of me wants Oro to pull a fast one at some point. He's alsways been destined to be the main villain. Who knows.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't want your work to go to waste though

That's very true. In fact he's already treding on very thin ice. Naruto and his team may accept him but will the village really accept a missing nin who's tried to attack them and has plotted to kill many innocents. I'm also curious to see how sakura kakashi and also Killer Bee will respond to seeing him.

Good point. A lot have been mentioning that Orochimaru was affected by Itachi's eye technique on kabuto and that is due to his change of attitude. A part of me finds this comforting but a greater part of me wants Oro to pull a fast one at some point. He's alsways been destined to be the main villain. Who knows.
    I personally believe that Oro will be the ten tails jinchuriki, he mentioned how he always wanted to be the perfect being and whats more perfect than being the host of the ten tails? it gives you all the power you could ever want and Oro always wanted power, he started this series as the main antagonist and perhaps he will end it as the main antagonist as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to believe Oro doesn't have an hidden agenda. Maybe he'll make his move once Madara/Obito are taken care of or something.

I can't wait to see the Hokages entrance though, that must beat all other epic entrances. Will probably take a while before we get to see it though.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I find it hard to believe Oro doesn't have an hidden agenda. Maybe he'll make his move once Madara/Obito are taken care of or something.

I can't wait to see the Hokages entrance though, that must beat all other epic entrances. Will probably take a while before we get to see it though.
    I always thought Kakashi had the most epic entrances, He almost always shows up saving someone like he did with Pain and Sasuke.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I personally believe that Oro will be the ten tails jinchuriki, he mentioned how he always wanted to be the perfect being and whats more perfect than being the host of the ten tails? it gives you all the power you could ever want and Oro always wanted power, he started this series as the main antagonist and perhaps he will end it as the main antagonist as well.

That actually sounds more interesting to me than either Obito or Madara in that role since many expect that it will be one of those 2 who are going to be the host for the 10 tails. A plot twist like Oro filling in that role would definitely conjure up a good direction for the story to head. In my opinion the lo~ong ninja war arc has been stale most often than not if you exclude the Uchiha brothers chapters and the recent 8 or 9 chapters of flashbacks. Plot twists are good fresheners in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    I always thought Kakashi had the most epic entrances, He almost always shows up saving someone like he did with Pain and Sasuke.

I couldn't agree more. Kakashi since day one has been there to add coolness to whatever scene need it. He's still very mysterious and other than kakashi gaiden we know so little about him. Really hope we get a few chapters about him in the future.
    Last edited by Jabman; April 13, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]
    That actually sounds more interesting to me than either Obito or Madara in that role since many expect that it will be one of those 2 who are going to be the host for the 10 tails. A plot twist like Oro filling in that role would definitely conjure up a good direction for the story to head.
    I hadn't considered it before reading it here, but it sounds like something Oro would want to do. Either him or Obito I guess.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the sharingan raped Oro last time, he really needs to pull out the eyes before possessing someone next time (and then have them re-implanted)... although, going by the 2nd's explanation, sharingan doesn't sound like something worth having - Orochimaru is doing badly enough as it is without further perversion hitting his mind.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Sasuke kill a kumo ninja? Wouldn't A be pissed if Konoha don't punish Sasuke?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    Didn't Sasuke kill a kumo ninja? Wouldn't A be pissed if Konoha don't punish Sasuke?
    He killed a fodder nin, thats not such a big deal for the audience even if its a big crime in the Naruto world, I meant that in terms of story telling Sasuke didnt do anything that is inexcusable, its not like he killed some beloved character that would make all the fans hate him.

New Reply