Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 201 Discussion/202 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 201 Discussion/202 Predictions

Well this was a enjoyable way to end the arc off with, Aoi being badass is always welcome in my book (even if its one of those quick fights, but at this point, I'm not really begging) I still think the little sub plot with the re tails could have better handled and while I think Koma being involved could have been a bit better done too, I do like this as we know where the heck he was and considerig this is Koma (and how Aoi treated him last arc we saw him) it does make sense.

Well now we move on to emblem #3- I mean, Himekawa and this one seems interesting. We may be reaching that point in the arc where we finally get moe info as to what the heck is acctually going on as sofar we've just been handling the front lines of everything and I think its about time we got a little more clued in.

On a side note, after marathoning Index novels, I think when I saw Ringo get flustered at Oga's comment, I imagined Oga's hair being spikier tha usual...huh
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm relieved we are through with the Aoi/Ringo arc. Although it is good she re-gained RT leadership, since it was hard to watch Nene failing so bad at that position.
    Yes! Himekawa-centered arcs are always interesting, because he also tends to fight using less direct and transparent means. His trademark is excellent intel gathering, which might mean we'll finally get some light on what is going on with this supposed Solomon Group.

I like the group name 'Fallen Angels'. I wonder if they will also have some power aspect pertaining to their group name like the Poltergeists did with their fake bodies. I'm not so sure their demons will be actual Fallen Angels though since that would have to mean angels exist in the manga as well. A big jump.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was furuichi,I would be crying for missing out on such blatant fanservice.

Great
    Aoi is such a badass.She really stole the spotlight for this chapter.

Good
    Honestly,I'm pretty glad the whole new red tail vs Old tail is over because it was getting boring and annoying even though it lasted only few chapters.

Mixed
    While I'm glad that author explained Koma's whereabout, it seem out of the blue.From what I understand,it was Ringo who approach Koma to get her demonic ability.How did she know about demon?Koma isn't legally contracted to Aoi so he's free to leave.But how did Ringo know where to find him anywhere? In Aiba's case,Aoi noticed Koma.But for ringo's case,I find it odd that she didn't notice Koma's presence at all. If Aoi had stated that she felt a familiar presence behind Ringo's power,the whole situation would have been belieavable.

Bad
    The whole execution of this subplot wasn't good at all.It feel like the author couldn't care less about the red tail.Hopefully,the next subplot would be better,though I shouldn't get my hopes up...

The red tails' fight was the one I was most looking forward to.Now that it has ended,I'm a bit disappointed by how easily it was resolved.I didn't really like how Aoi ended up becoming the lone figure in resolving the red tail issue and everyone is happy because of Aoi.And Nene,I guess she completely forgotten she was the 4th leader.

Horrible
    Ringo is easily one of the most pathetic and annoying villain in this series.She keep degrading Aoi every SINGLE TIME and keep using cheap tricks to fight her.She wasn't all that strong either even with demon power(though she didn't exactly use it).At the last moment of the fight, she was pathetic with her non-stop lashing out against Aoi.At least, she got what she deserved.

Other thoughts
    I was initially interested with the whole Himekawa and the fallen pool guy but afterwards i really couldn't care less.The author is really good at ending his chapter with a cliffhanger/interesting events to get people to read the next chapter.But somehow,the next chapter would be pretty bad.The fallen angel would definitely be fodders.So,I don't really see the point in caring about them at all.

As teeba pointed out,Daten means fallen angel, so the fallen angel dude is probably Taka.(no 2) It make sense that the author would do the fights it this order.

This arc has only 14 chapters so far.While the arc isn't boring, I find it rather meh.It's not funny neither is it taking itself seriously.The christmas arc was at least funny.Every single one of the six up start wants to defeat Oga because they want to be the strongest in the school, not for other reasons.It made them rather boring as a whole.But then again,they're delinquent,they are not really intelligent.Ringo and Nasu weren't given much development, so I doubt the other would be given much character development. Maybe if Fuji(no 1) want to defeat Oga for other reason,it could be interesting

Somehow I feel the plotline for the next 2 six upstart would go...
    1)Six upstart member meet Oga.Along with one of the touhoushinki.
    2)Provoke Oga.Fight Oga.Trade insult with Oga.Talk more crap.(Oga gives power up to tohoushinki to help defeat the minions.)
    3)Lose the fight again Oga.
    4)Repeat and rinse.
    I'm aware that Beelzebub is more geared towards comedy,not seriousness.And the author is really good when it comes to comedy instead of creating serious stuff.So I shouldn't be overly critical.But the only thing that I laugh at in this arc is Ringo absolute patheticness.After having few arcs that are geared toward comedy,a serious arc with SERIOUS,NON FODDER villains would be a nice change.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overall,pretty average chapter.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Koma is Beelzebub's Kon after all.

I agree that the fight scene is not good because it's just showing off of power. I like fight scenes that shows unexpected moves/counters/strategies, not so straight forward overpowering fight scene.

Himekawa gaining the symbol? Hmm. Not that I don't want it. But him and Kanzaki is the same, "wanted to be the leader" acting character and still Kanzaki got the symbol. I don't mind if Himekawa gets the symbol. I'm most concern with Tojo getting the symbol, that's just unacceptable.
    Tojo can have his own demon contract and have Kaoru and Shoji get his symbol.

Oga def. Nasubi 1/6 (Kanzaki got the symbol)
    Aoi def. Ringo 2/6 (Aoi got the symbol)

I want to see a fight between Oga and Akahoshi. But if Oga also gets to fight Fuji that would be 3/6 fights for him and I don't want him to defeat that many. I want Tojo and the others to fight and hopefully defeat the other Six Up Starts.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; April 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    This arc has only 14 chapters so far.While the arc isn't boring, I find it rather meh.It's not funny neither is it taking itself seriously.The christmas arc was at least funny.Every single one of the six up start wants to defeat Oga because they want to be the strongest in the school, not for other reasons.It made them rather boring as a whole.But then again,they're delinquent,they are not really intelligent.Ringo and Nasu weren't given much development, so I doubt the other would be given much character development. Maybe if Fuji(no 1) want to defeat Oga for other reason,it could be interesting

Somehow I feel the plotline for the next 2 six upstart would go...
    1)Six upstart member meet Oga.Along with one of the touhoushinki.
    2)Provoke Oga.Fight Oga.Trade insult with Oga.Talk more crap.(Oga gives power up to tohoushinki to help defeat the minions.)
    3)Lose the fight again Oga.
    4)Repeat and rinse.
    I'm aware that Beelzebub is more geared towards comedy,not seriousness.And the author is really good when it comes to comedy instead of creating serious stuff.So I shouldn't be overly critical.But the only thing that I laugh at in this arc is Ringo absolute patheticness.After having few arcs that are geared toward comedy,a serious arc with SERIOUS,NON FODDER villains would be a nice change.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overall,pretty average chapter.
    I agree.

As much as we can critique Aoi's return to the Red Tails until the cows come home, I'm just happy there's something else to talk about.

Besides this whole subplot, I've been enjoying the new arc. I like the Killer Elements, and I'm confident there isn't going to be an overt repetition of previous arcs. And besides, Oga's the main character. Him not winning in some way would go against the manga. Personally I didn't find Nasu a fodder one bit. He's just clearly weaker than Oga.

As for Takamiya, he does sound a lot like Himekawa. He has very few underlings, goes by the name "Emperor". and he's seen trying to manipulate the situation in chapter 188. But we don't even have a full view of his face, so he could still turn out to be a different character than what we've imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    I want to see a fight between Oga and Akahoshi. But if Oga also gets to fight Fuji that would be 3/6 fights for him and I don't want him to defeat that many. I want Tojo and the others to fight and hopefully defeat the other Six Up Starts.
    Considering Aoi took out Ringo, who's ranked no. 5, it could be Toujo and Akahoshi will fight. Maybe Toujo will mistake Akahoshi for Oga and the conflict starts from there.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Considering Aoi took out Ringo, who's ranked no. 5, it could be Toujo and Akahoshi will fight. Maybe Toujo will mistake Akahoshi for Oga and the conflict starts from there.
    Possible. It will also a test for Akahoshi's strength. Akahoshi is aiming to defeat Oga after all.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2