Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Toriko 230 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 230 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wargreymon View Post
    To me it seem there are 2 possibilities for Jirou's role in the future:

1. to train the 4 HK after Ichiryu died.
    it is strongly hinted by the author that Ichiryu is currently weaker than Midora and he will most likely die when they fight. This is where Jirou will come and take over Ichiryu's role as the 4 HK's new master; or

2. the leader of NEO.
    It is more unpredictable and will give the reader a bigger 'wtf' moment than shigematsu's betrayal. I bet that Shima still has another character that will join NEO and when this character introduced, everyone will be 'this cant be real!'.
    I don't think it's right to call option 2 unpredictable anymore. Too many people predict it. It's actually quite logical things to happen as a way to equalize the 3 force. Having Jirou do some other things would be far more unpredictable.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where was it said Midora was stronger than Ichiryuu? I always thought it was Ichiryuu who was the strongest out of the 3, which is why he's so carefree about things

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    Where was it said Midora was stronger than Ichiryuu? I always thought it was Ichiryuu who was the strongest out of the 3, which is why he's so carefree about things
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/174/18

It wasn't directly stated but one doesn't have to be a genius to figure it out.

Ichi may have been the strongest when the three of them were still together, but they haven't seen each other for a really long time. In all those years that they've been apart, Midora did nothing but to eat foods that strengthens his gourmet cells.
    Last edited by llydnarz; April 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nowhere it was stated midora was stronger, says he was stronger than he thought he would be abviously ichiryu was eat to make his cels even stronger. Of the three we know ichiryu is the strongest until proven otherwise.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Ichiryu is stronger than Midora, but the difference isn't too big.
    But 0th biotop guy's already have way to get 2 Acacia full corse items so it will be interesting what ingredients will get bishokukai.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

This is as clear as it gets: http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/174/18

Midora's growth is so great that Ichiryu has to awaken all his cells in order to compete.

Ichiryu has gotten complacent and lazy, he's been living a carefree life, where Midora had a clear goal in mind and never stopped improving and getting stronger.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    This is as clear as it gets: http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/174/18

Midora's growth is so great that Ichiryu has to awaken all his cells in order to compete.

Ichiryu has gotten complacent and lazy, he's been living a carefree life, where Midora had a clear goal in mind and never stopped improving and getting stronger.

It just says that his growth is greater than expected, that means that they tought he would never reach their level and now he
    has reached them.
    Anyway, how long will this fight last?
    This isn't fight that is final so they wont fight for 100 chapters or so, HK didn't even enter GW(Zebra and Sani did but for short period).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, I'd say that Midora and Ichiryuu may be about equal strength wise (after Ichi charged up on Setsuno's food), but I'd say Ichiryuu may have the advantage when it comes to experience or maybe other intangible's. Everyone is remembering how Ichi said he was surprised at Midora's growth but don't forget that Midora was kinda surprised that Ichi could "still make a face like that?" http://www.mangasky.com/toriko/172/17/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not it's heavily implied that ichiryuu is the strongest of the three by a respectable margin, though not so much that midora wouldn't stand at least some chance of beating either of the other two:
    http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Surprise_level

This very clearly explains it, though there are plenty of other factors that can come into play if they were to ever fight, you should notice the difference between them is considerable, but not impossible to be made up for in several ways, in addition in the past it showed him as having the zero biotope, the four heavenly kings, setsuno, shigematsu and mansam on his side, as well as the authority to call any number of chefs and bishokuya (they rent their skills out you know), AND the IGO has sovereignty over a number of biotopes and ingredient-rich areas allowing them to have unlimited amounts of high-quality food, which combined make up a force that the bishokukai simply can't match, the igo is a lot like the NATO of the toriko world, in fact, the bishokukai are intended to seem much weaker but more despicable. I.E. they don't play by the rules and don't have to take care of the world or have a responsibility to the citizens of their world, so they are able to continue to fight with the IGO.

Edit: I meant that what I just said was the way they have been portrayed for most of the series so far, with the recent revelations of the Nitro siding with the bishokukai and high-level defections in the IGO, anything can certainly happen, but the IGO still seems to have the advantage.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; April 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting to read the chapter and damn, that was awesome.

I thought we were done with Buranchi vs. Elg, but it seems we get some last minute character development for Elg. I thought he would just be stuck in the lightning forever regenerating, but nope, he's dead. And the development was shoehorned and too little too late, but it still helps I guess. I don't want it to become a habit that characters get introduced only to get killed off in a few chapters though.

I know a lot of people predicted Uumen was a traitor, but I did not expect the Vice President at all. I mean, I wondered where he was, but I didn't think he was a traitor. This is bad for the IGO. Shigematsu is probably going to kill Mansam. I can't see him coming back from that sneak attack after already fighting tons of Nitros. So who is going to take on Shigematsu if anyone at all? It would be cool if Rin somehow was able to hold him off, but that's beyond wishful thinking.

And finally, Zebra. Just Zebra. Wow. I was actually getting tired of his character for a minute. He was the last of the Heavenly Kings that I actually still liked, but he was getting annoying and one note. But this chapter alone took at one note badassness to another level. You can't hate on that. In the Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha translation, he says "If you wanna die so bad....I'm dishing out annihilation, so come and get some!". That's one badass line right there. I can't wait to see him rumble with that Boss Nitro.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/174/18

It wasn't directly stated but one doesn't have to be a genius to figure it out.

Ichi may have been the strongest when the three of them were still together, but they haven't seen each other for a really long time. In all those years that they've been apart, Midora did nothing but to eat foods that strengthens his gourmet cells.
    That doesn't mean he's stronger than him?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems pointless to argue about which of the two is stronger, since the only conclusion that can be arrived at with the incredibly limited knowledge we know of both of them is that Midora at the very least has the capability of posing a legitimate threat. That doesn't mean he's stronger, and it doesn't mean he's weaker, but Ichiryuu clearly saw in their brief encounter that Midora should not be taken lightly. But without knowing exactly what their abilities are, or even seeing 10 seconds of either of them in a real fight, I'm not sure what else there is to debate about. We really don't know much about the strength of any of the 3 besides what is represented by their organizations (which Jirou doesn't even have...yet lol unless it's NEO) so at the moment in this very skewed battle, they seem to be pretty well matched against each other with the IGO side seeming to have its most powerful reserves currently doing business in Gourmet World.

NEO are really the ones to look out for, they have both power and deception on their side, and now that the deception is being thrown out into the open they are strongly implying that they may even have more power than anyone since their secret network will be exposed. They wouldn't do that without something to back it up with.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if there will be more wtf moments this week.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Don't think my heart can take much more lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    It seems pointless to argue about which of the two is stronger, since the only conclusion that can be arrived at with the incredibly limited knowledge we know of both of them is that Midora at the very least has the capability of posing a legitimate threat. That doesn't mean he's stronger, and it doesn't mean he's weaker, but Ichiryuu clearly saw in their brief encounter that Midora should not be taken lightly. But without knowing exactly what their abilities are, or even seeing 10 seconds of either of them in a real fight, I'm not sure what else there is to debate about. We really don't know much about the strength of any of the 3 besides what is represented by their organizations (which Jirou doesn't even have...yet lol unless it's NEO) so at the moment in this very skewed battle, they seem to be pretty well matched against each other with the IGO side seeming to have its most powerful reserves currently doing business in Gourmet World.

NEO are really the ones to look out for, they have both power and deception on their side, and now that the deception is being thrown out into the open they are strongly implying that they may even have more power than anyone since their secret network will be exposed. They wouldn't do that without something to back it up with.
    I agree with guesswork being pointless, the strongest one doesn't always win in a fight anyways, and furthermore it's probably going to have to be tori that takes midora down, not ichiryuu, sad as I am to say, since that guy is awesome, anyways I wont take NEO as a serious contender until I see them having an answer to acacia's disciples, these backstabbing surprise attacks will be horrifyingly effective, but we have yet to see what they intend to do about midora or ichiryuu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    I agree with guesswork being pointless, the strongest one doesn't always win in a fight anyways, and furthermore it's probably going to have to be tori that takes midora down, not ichiryuu, sad as I am to say, since that guy is awesome, anyways I wont take NEO as a serious contender until I see them having an answer to acacia's disciples, these backstabbing surprise attacks will be horrifyingly effective, but we have yet to see what they intend to do about midora or ichiryuu.
    They're probably planning to have Midora and Ichiryuu fight out then gang up on the victor. Thought it would be obvious for Jirou to be in NEO, I really hope he's not

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7