Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you think Naruto vs Sasuke will still happen, and if so, how?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't think it'll happen anymore.

2 7.14%
  • Naruto vs Sasuke will happen at the battlefield somehow.

5 17.86%
  • Naruto vs Sasuke will happen after the war somehow.

20 71.43%
  • Other (Post why and how)

1 3.57%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Sasuke's Decision Effect 'Naruto vs Sasuke'?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Will Sasuke's Decision Effect 'Naruto vs Sasuke'?

Hello Mangahelpers

Wow this chapter gave me a lot of wtf moments... Lets get to it...

Overview

-Sasuke starts by talking about Madaras plan and that if the Genjutsu is cast eveneryone will be under his control and Madara's brother, Sasuke's Brother and all the other Kages tried to protect will turn to nothing.. He tells Hashirama that Itachi inherited his will.. even though they never met... Itachi endured far more than Hashirama and was proud to be a Shinobi of the Leaf village...

-Tobirama butts in saying Itachi wasnt the only Uchiha to inherit his will... Kagami Uchiha did as well... really kishi Kagami... Tobirama gives us some Bull shi* about why he doesn't hate the Uchiha yata yata.. Im still waiting for his confession and apology to Sasuke.. Cause he kinda let his brother take all the fall last chapter... Then they say Kagami Uchiha's son was Shisui Uchiha... WTF... Kagami has had no real big part in the manga all this time.. and now were finding out his son was Shisui!?!?! Kishi... what are you thinking...

-Hiruzen admits to putting Danzo in job of all the icky dark jobs.. this only proves Danzo isnt all evil... He was put in charge of the jobs that would be made for people to hate him... Dark jobs.. But the village needed it and he was willing to carry it out.. Sasuke just responds to Hiruzen telling him he killed Danzo.. so calmly xD Hiruzen starts trying to take all the blame but then Minato butts in saying if he lived longer he maybe could've done something about the massacre... Then he get Suigetsu asking Oro if hes sulking.. He says "Yes since we are in front of the third" WTF Where is the evil bada** Oro that I once knew!?!?! The Oro I knew would never say this Bull... Kishi... again what were you thinking.... Sasuke makes his decision.. He tells them hes going to the battle field and that he wont let the village or his brothers will be wasted... Well isnt everyone turning good all of a sudden -_- I swear this war is going to end with everyone giving a group therapy session and ending with a group hug...

-The kages are reared to go.. Hashirama tells Tobirama to get ready to fly.. Tobirama can fly O__O They ask Oro if he will help.. Of course Oro is going to help... Suigetsu tries to sneak away as they are getting ready to leave... But Karin comes out of Nowhere and kicks him... She starts bit**ing about Sasuke and Sasuke apologizes and immediately forgives him.. Tobirama infers from her chakra that shes of the Uzumaki clan... Now its confirmed that Uzumaki have red hair... Hiruzen asks Oro why hes helping... which is exactly what Im asking.. Oro gives some Bull that he wants to follow Sasuke because unlike Kabuto he didnt try to imitate him.... We get Minato saying that he can finally see his son and give him a big surprise.. Hint Hint.. Other half of the Kyuubi Chakra.. Tobirama says some Bull that he will finally beat Madara... I can see Madara getting a bunch of hate this week now... and Hashirama is excited about seeing Madara his old friend... They all land on their Hokage Statues and the chapter ends... thank god...

End of Chapter

The Strongest Soldiers are ready!!!

Question/Thoughts
    -Kishi gave Kagami... an bigger purpose..
    -Oro has tunred good on us.. how lame..
    -Sasuke has turned good.. Lame as well...
    -Uzumaki have red hair.. its not a theory anymore..

No Questions -_-

Rating

~ Im giving this 3/5 because this chapter had alot of Bull in it.. Like Oro sulking over the third and helping out >_> Sasuke makes his decision so easily skipping Minato completely... Kishi trying to give Kagami more purpose.... This chapter wasnt very good at all.. I liked some of the diologue and the end how they all landed on their Hokage statue but this chapter had alot of Bull..

Best villain is Orochimaru in my opinon...If he lived in our world; he would be kidnapping children, make experiments on them, give them drugs and rape them along with snakes... A really bad mofo.

Now....Naruto vs Sasuke...vote in the poll and let me know why you think what you think...
    Last edited by narutotheory; April 11, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Sasuke's Decision Effect 'Naruto vs Sasuke'?

Sasuke wanting to protect the village from Madara doesn't necessarily mean that Sasuke has been "converted" to the Naruto/Hashirama point of view. He could be saying that he wants to protect it from Madara so that he himself can be the one to destroy it, or he might want to take control of the village and turn it towards his own ideals, sort of what Danzou attempted to do, for example.

What Hashirama probably convinced Sasuke of is that if he wants to be the one to decide the fate of Konoha he has to fight and defeat Naruto just as Hashirama and Madara fought.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    What Hashirama probably convinced Sasuke of is that if he wants to be the one to decide the fate of Konoha he has to fight and defeat Naruto just as Hashirama and Madara fought.
    Where does "so that he can decide the fate of Konoha" comes in?

I think it's just your own pre-conceived notion.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Sasuke wanting to protect the village from Madara doesn't necessarily mean that Sasuke has been "converted" to the Naruto/Hashirama point of view. He could be saying that he wants to protect it from Madara so that he himself can be the one to destroy it, or he might want to take control of the village and turn it towards his own ideals, sort of what Danzou attempted to do, for example.

Sasuke most defenetly is not doing this so he can destroy it. I mean:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/627/11

He is not going to let Itachi's sacrifice be in vain. Now if he feels like he should rule it... No idea there. Thing is he said "sorry" to Karin... To ME this means he is already regreting stuff and changed around.

Sasuke is probably going to be Naruto's Tobirama or Naruto's Danzo.

Now as i side note i don't need to see this 2 fight one another but i would love for them to team up again to fight someone...
    What boost could Sasuke get to even put up a fight now? Madara needed KURAMA to even fight Hashirama... If Hashirama would go full out(Sage mode and that big "all hands" mokuton) and Madara did not have Kurama he would turn him to paste...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll happen.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Where does "so that he can decide the fate of Konoha" comes in?

I think it's just your own pre-conceived notion.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Spoiler show
    One of the subtle themes of Hashirama's flashback is that people have very different ideas on how Konoha should be run. Hashirama was too blinded by idealism to see the clans would still have trouble getting along after the village was established, as evidenced by Madara's initial interest in becoming Hogake to ensure Uchiha supremacy.

Tobirama called them both out for their extremist positions and while Sarutobi is a firm admirer of Hashirama, he leans towards Tobirama's views. Furthermore, while Minato tells Sasuke he hoped to prevent the Uchiha massacre, he never states he wouldn't consider doing if he felt he had no other choice. Even Hashirama wasn't immune to this trend when he told Madara after delivering a fatal blow he'd target his own family if he perceived them as being a threat to the village. Other characters like Oro and Danzou had different ideas on how the village should be run, but they all have one thing in common: All of them perceive themselves as having Konoha's best interests in mind.

Sasuke still cares for Konoha and his allegiance is towards Konoha. You lot are forgetting one teeny tiny detail, however - Itachi massacred his entire clan for "the greater good" of the village. Sasuke would be in line with Itachi's philosophy if he perceives massacring a good chunk of Konoha is for "the greater good" of the village.

As bad as the story's storytelling is at this point, Naruto isn't going to solve all the problems of the story. The Rikudou Sennin, Hashirama, Hanzou, etc. all failed to find permanent means of peace. Madara/Tobi has the "Eye of the Moon" plan to put an end to the warmongering, but how will Naruto solve the problem? The character isn't going to genjutsu everyone into wonderland like Madara/Tobi wants to do, so what will Naruto do when the Shinobi Alliance starts bickering among themselves when the war ends?

A fight could still erupt between Naruto and Sasuke if Sasuke deems Naruto unfit to be Hokage, similar to how Tobirama had doubts on Hashirama's effectiveness as a leader. Sarutobi also cements this when he says he was too compassionate and gave Danzou too much leeway to do what he wanted when handling Konoha's dark-side, stuff Naruto will have to deal with when he becomes Hokage. If Sasuke perceives Naruto as being too kind, too naive, too incompetent then he would undoubtedly be putting Konoha in a bind in the near-future, a bind that led to the destruction of Sasuke's entire clan.

On top of that, there is another detail you lot are forgetting: Oro's actual reason(s) for attacking Konoha. It's not farfetch'd to assume Oro thought he was doing Konoha a favor by destroying what he perceived to be a flawed organization and sought to start anew. Oro's actual motivation would be in line with Itachi's/Danzou's/Tobirama's/Sarutobi's/etc. extreme actions. If Sasuke thinks the current village cannot be salvaged, then there is nothing preventing him from deciding the current village must be destroyed if it is to be reformed in line with his ideals.

A fight can still occur between Sasuke and Naruto since Sasuke doesn't share Naruto's/Hashirama's views. If Sasuke's views fall in line with Danzou's/Oro's/Tobirama's/Itachi's viewpoints, it would well within his character to challenge Naruto to a fist-fight, all for "the greater good" of Konoha.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke most definitely won't attack Konoha after the war. He can't since he'll go against Itachi's beliefs, which he says he wants to protect. Pure logic. As for the fight, yeah, they'll fight but without any ill-intentions, only to prove their rivalry and perhaps their friendship. A luxury Hashirama never had with Madara.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

They might still battle it out for the title of Hokage, but I dont see the all out deathmatch I would have hoped for earlier.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Sasuke has no desire for the title of Hokage.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke being good isn't set in stone. He could be lying, or something could turn him back into an evil person. It's mirroring Madara - both started out good, turned into enemies, then back to good, and Madara became a permanent baddie. Sasuke's still up for grabs, depending on what happens.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke being good is pretty much set in stone. The guy has been bad since the begining of part 2 basically. He now knows the truth, so there's no changing back.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sasuke has no desire for the title of Hokage.
    He might, he would want to be the first Uchiha to be hokage, sort of like Madara did before him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

I truly hope they fight just to see who's stronger and not for the title of Hokage. If they fight for Hokage and Sasuke ends up winning or Naruto end up giving up his dream for the sake "friendship" I'll be so pissed. From the beginning we've always seen Naruto's determination to be Hokage. So much that he even says he won't die until he becomes Hokage. if Kishi take this from us he's just cruel LOL.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto wanted to be hokage to gain respect... Well he has that now so it wouldn't be a surprise if hokage wasn't a big deal to him anymore. He sees a lot of well respected ninja that aren't hokage/kage.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll agree with the respected ninja who aren't Kage. But don't you think that now, not only does he want to be Hokage for acknowledgement, but also to protect the village and those he cares about. Unless he feels confident in someone else protecting the village to the same degree that he would i don't think he'll settle. I hope he doesn't at least.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast