Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: new to the series

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

new to the series

i just began watching this anime, episode 1 seemed very promising, any advice on filler or the comparison of.the anime to the manga?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: new to the series

Welcome!! You're gonna be in for an awesome ride

There is no filler in the 2011 anime, not as gory compared to the manga but the manga itself is pretty gruesome for being in Jump and the anime gets away with a lot especially in the later arcs for a Sunday Morning show. If you think it's a little too "cheery" in the beginning for your tastes, just keep at it is all I can really say without spoiling

You can skip episodes 13 and 26 if you want because they're recaps

If you notice similar tropes to other battle shonen series you watch, 9 times out of 10 this is where they came from or is done in a unique(arguably better) way that doesn't break the logic of the show
    Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; April 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you're watching the 2011 version. Aside from 1999 version being a train wreck the 2011 version is ongoing and this Sunday it will officially be where the 1999 version ended (if you count OVAs) and next week it will officially be further than the original. Aside from that i can't say anything except enjoy the ride, there is no fillers to worry about besides episodes 13 and 26 which are recaps. It's a very fast paced anime. I envy you who has 74 episodes worth of material to marathon while I've been stuck with anticipation for the next episode since day 1.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok im a noob, so excuse this question
    i am watching on crunchy roll, i didnt see anything indicating which version i was watching
    it is like 76 episodes long right now so is that the 2011 or the 1999 version?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

never mind just read on the info page on CR it is the 2011 version

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    ok im a noob, so excuse this question
    i am watching on crunchy roll, i didnt see anything indicating which version i was watching
    it is like 76 episodes long right now so is that the 2011 or the 1999 version?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

never mind just read on the info page on CR it is the 2011 version
    The one on Crunchyroll is the 2011 version, yes. That's the one you need to watch, and since its a remake there are no fillers so just watch it straight through.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you enjoy the show. It's always great to see new people checking out Hunter X Hunter.
    Last edited by The Invertroid; April 12, 2013 at 05:11 AM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just finished episode 3

this show is great so far, it has the adventure element of one piece, and some great characters
    gon is too trusting of people but is also fearless, and has amazing experience for someone his age

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you're liking it so far, especially since the series only gets better as it goes on. I'll be interested to see what you think of Killua (my favorite character) once he's shown off more in ep. 4.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i got to episode 6 earlier, i like killua he just straight uo drank the laxative without hesitation
    i see great potential in this series, yet another series that i never tried fir so long due to doubting ibwouldblike it based on the childish looking protagonist

but i love gon he is already one of my favorite anime characters and i just started

surprisingly there is already alot of violence and death in this series, i was not expecting that but i approve

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i see great potential in this series, yet another series that i never tried fir so long due to doubting ibwouldblike it based on the childish looking protagonist
    there is already a lot of violence and death in this series, i was not expecting that but i approve
    A lot of people think that hxh is aim for the children due to Gon but there is further from the truth.
    The violence and death get worse as the arc passes,which is great.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

HxH is a very good shounen, it has everything a shounen can provide. Many charismatic characters, a structured plot and a very detailed power system (nen, hatsu etc..) that is the most sophisticated out of all the shounen I've read.

Frankly, if you just discovered it then you won't regret it. The new anime has been wonderfully done, this way you won't have to deal with Togashi's drawing which aren't as much attractive then Kishimoto's or Kubo's drawings so that's a good point. The music and soundtrack are perfect and it's just more enjoyable to watch than to read. I guess you're just one lucky bastard, this adaptation or remake i should say really gives credit to this lazy ass genius called ''Togashi''.

It's a shame you've discovered it too late but at least you'll have something to do for a while and you're probably gonna get addicted. Also i would suggest that you don't read the manga or at least watch the episodes before starting the manga, this way you can compare them. But do not read the manga before watching the episodes or there won't be any surprises and even if it's going to be fun to watch, it wont be as ''fun''.

Well, enjoy this wonderful shounen and hopefully Togashi will resume working on HxH sometime soon (although he probably won't ).

And the opening is fucking good, i love when it says ''YOU CAN FLY AWAY''! ♥

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just finished episode 11

holy shit killua is a beast, and lmao ay leorio and the pink haired girl
    this episode reinforced what you guys said about HxH not being for kids

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

this episode reinforced what you guys said about HxH not being for kids
    not yet xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to inform you that HxH (manga) is currently on hiatus. The last Chapter (#340) was published in March 2012. Togashi, the author, is known for taking long breaks. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the author doesn't end this manga. Or he will just end it abruptly, who knows.

Nevertheless, I would still warmly recommend you to watch/read the anime/manga. It's a beautiful manga with a lot of cool characters, nice plot/twists and a complex fighting system.

I know that you are (obviously) following Naruto, just like me. If you want to hear read my opinion (someone who read all chapters of both mangas) I would say that HxH is overall much more better than Naruto. But that's all I'm gonna say, since I have no intention to start a comparsion.

Enjoy the ride, you will definitely love it.
    Last edited by syx; April 13, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Always good to see people discovering this awesome show. You're in for a crazy ride

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast