Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: After chp 627

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nico's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused After chp 627

i had a felling that madara obito might kill sasuke (or sasuke sacrifice himself to save someone ) what u guys think of it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: After chp 627

I don't know what to think since I don't know why you would think this. Got any reasons so I can reflect upon those?
    I don't see how they could sacrifice him, hes now against them.
    Meh

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a possibility, one of many. It would fit the commonly utilised trope of redemption equals death, or the heroic sacrifice. It's common for 'villains' that face a change of heart to face death mainly as penance for their past actions that might be difficult to simply overlook, while providing a dramatic and heroic ending to their story. It's possible, but alternatives are just as likely considering the history, and tone, of the manga.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely a possibility that Sasuke might sacrifice himself to make up for his ignorance before, but we don't know the outcome yet. Personally, I'd like to see him and Naruto save the world together because they will surpass all the current power monsters present.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    It's a possibility, one of many. It would fit the commonly utilised trope of redemption equals death, or the heroic sacrifice. It's common for 'villains' that face a change of heart to face death mainly as penance for their past actions that might be difficult to simply overlook, while providing a dramatic and heroic ending to their story. It's possible, but alternatives are just as likely considering the history, and tone, of the manga.
    Just the problem is the tone and atmosphere in which Sasuke changed, no one made him, he alone on his own free will made that change by seeking out the truth.

If someone forced the truth on him, or he had a change of heart because of someone else, then sure, he'd have to redeem himself.
    But the problem I see with this, is that Sasuke almost completely on his own, made his shift back to the good guys, based on the truth he had saught out.

Sasuke never killed anyone but his own brother and Danzou (Both who at first did stand out as evil people).
    • Orochimaru never died.
    • The Shinobi that Orochimaru wanted Sasuke to kill at some point never died, he only gave them a beating.
    • Itachi had planned his own death, and made himself appear evil, his death does not count towards an evil deed by Sasuke, in fact, Sasuke tought of him as an evil person when he killed him, justice was served in his eyes.
    • Same goes for Danzou, albeit one can't say he's really good, but he did do it to protect Konoha, so in the end, Danzou's means to archieve his goals were evil, justice was served.

Where did Sasuke commit anything criminally?
    • Becoming a missing Nin? Hardly criminally...
    • Attacked the Kage meeting? Well ok, this one has to be redeemed.
    • Hurt Naruto's and his friends feelings? Erm, no way, this isn't evil, he just left.

So the only thing Sasuke ever did that is a problem to the world, (Leaviong out personal feelings to old friends), was that he did attack the Kage meeting.
    But by switching sides and going against Madara to save the world and protect Konoha, and even protecting the Will of Fire!? I'm sure this is enough to redeem attacking the Kage meeting.

Some chapters back I'd have agreed that Sasuke could maybe need to redeem himself by sacrifice, but now? Not with the current plot, Sasuke turned good on his own free will.

Well that's my take on it either way

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Quantized

Quote Quote:
    Hurt Naruto's and his friends feelings? Erm, no way, this isn't evil, he just left.
    Are you serious? Hurt their feelings? How about almost killing Sakura, Kakashi and Naruto?

Quote Quote:
    So the only thing Sasuke ever did that is a problem to the world, (Leaviong out personal feelings to old friends), was that he did attack the Kage meeting.
    Again he almost killed Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura, Karin, Bee, Raikage, samurai... What he did is attempted murder on a lot of people including close friends... Yes he will be forgiven but you speaking about feelings is appalling.

Quote Quote:
    Some chapters back I'd have agreed that Sasuke could maybe need to redeem himself by sacrifice, but now? Not with the current plot, Sasuke turned good on his own free will.
    Do you have any other way to turn good aside for "on his own free will? Perhaps using mind control or something similar but this does not mean anything. He turned good because of Itachi, Hashirama and Naruto... All of them adding to it... Even Gaara. He did not just wake up 1 morning and said "hmm its time to be good".

I don't belive he needs to die for his crimes but you are ignoring the issues here. I also belive he will be forgiven and i see no problem with it.

New Reply