Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donquixote Doflamingo, the mysterious guy

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Donquixote Doflamingo, the mysterious guy

Just make your predictions about the questions above or about related mysteries.

The hints:

Spoiler: Ch 234 - Doflamingo, disrespectful with the marine show

Spoiler: Ch 504 - From the slave to the smile show

Spoiler: Ch 581 - Orders from higher up show

Spoiler: Ch 595 - Report to the World Government in Marijoa show

Spoiler: Ch 673 - Doflamingo the underbroker show

Spoiler: Ch 682 - Doflamingo is called "The young master" by his crew show

Spoiler: Ch 689 - Doflamingo smiles business show

Spoiler: Ch 691 - "Law, you don't know anything of Joker's past, and that will be your downfall" show

Spoiler: Ch 699 - "If I'm unable to silence that man ..., I'll have to change my plants" show

Spoiler: Ch 699 - Not jus a regular War Lord / pirate; the most dire situation for the Marine show

The questions:
    • In what sense is Doflamingo not just a War Lord? In what sense he is different than most of the pirates?
    • Is there an old master?
    • Who ordered him to kill Moria?
    • What does Law ignore about Doflamingo's past that could go against his plan?

Create your theories/make your predictions. Discuss other's theories/predictions.
    Last edited by ukimix; April 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

2. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Donquixote Doflamingo, the mysterious guy

Interesting thread you made here!

Doflamingo eh? Well, he sure has a lot of strings he can pull (Ironically he controls people with string littereally too).
    To me he seems like a man with a lot of connections, and not only those we've seen thus far.

The World Government seems to be arming up to take on Doflamingo, since he did retire from the Marines, therefore he's now only a Pirate & King.
    Will Doflamingo be able to take on both the World Government, Law and Luffy? The guy most be really strong to stand up to all this, even an Admiral is there.
    On that regard, the blind Admiral seems to like Luffy, but that probably doesn't mean he won't try stop/capture Luffy, perhaps he'll build a similar but still different relationship as Luffy has with Smoker.

Perhaps eventually the plot will go down with Doflamingo hurting as many people as possible in order to avoid the Marines, and focus on Law and Luffy.
    Othervice, why be concerned of the well being of people from the whole country? The battles can't be "that" epic after all

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Interesting thread you made here!

Doflamingo eh? Well, he sure has a lot of strings he can pull (Ironically he controls people with string littereally too).
    To me he seems like a man with a lot of connections, and not only those we've seen thus far.
    This has been my prediction about it:

I think all the connections and influence and privileges he has, gets explained if he's a son of one of the Gorosei guys (he doesn't have to be the one in the pic, it could be any). And if it's confirmed it would answer all written questions. But there is a difference and a tension between a guy like Doflamingo and the Gorosei guys: while the first want to conquer the One Piece, the later ones want to eliminate/disappear/keep hidden the One Piece. So if this prediction would be true, it would means that Doflamingo's past would be like the past about the powerful prince (idk if 'dolphin' is the right word in english) that wanted a different destiny than the one his father wanted for him. I think, in that way, the prediction matches with all we know about him at the moment.

Now with the CP0 appearing in this arc, the whole thing is becoming much more interesting... The flasback about Doflamingo will be a major issue, pretty informative about so many important things.... Can't way, f***
    Last edited by ukimix; April 12, 2013 at 03:01 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised there is a CP0 here. I was under the impression that CP9 would have been the strongest of all the CPs however right now we have the 0 guys and they seem to be relevant players to some extent. If any of them is actually going to be a relevant player of anything then it means the weakest of them should actually be well stronger than a mere rookie like rob lucci. We would be talking about haki users with actual power behind them. I do wonder how law is familiar with the CP0 though. More so, if I recall the Cp9 was already supposed to be the unofficial CP out there with only 8 being official... this means that this particular CP is actually the super secret one which stands above CP9.... whats the deal here?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    This has been my prediction about it:

I think all the connections and influence and privileges he has, gets explained if he's a son of one of the Gorosei guys (he doesn't have to be the one in the pic, it could be any). And if it's confirmed it would answer all written questions. But there is a difference and a tension between a guy like Doflamingo and the Gorosei guys: while the first want to conquer the One Piece, the later ones want to eliminate/disappear/keep hidden the One Piece. So if this prediction would be true, it would means that Doflamingo's past would be like the past about the powerful prince (idk if 'dolphin' is the right word in english) that wanted a different destiny than the one his father wanted for him. I think, in that way, the prediction matches with all we know about him at the moment.

Now with the CP0 appearing in this arc, the whole thing is becoming much more interesting... The flasback about Doflamingo will be a major issue, pretty informative about so many important things.... Can't way, f***
    Hey, cool idea!
    If that is the case, and Doflamingo still is liked by the family, then when Luffy beats him, he'd have made an even, even bigger name for himself
    Once Luffy reaches and defeats Doflamingo, it seems much more realistic to "start" think about Luffy taking on a Pirate Emperor.
    Can't wait to see just how much an impact beating Doflamingo will have on Luffy and his crew / alliance in the world power & Wanted Dead or Alive prices

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am surprised there is a CP0 here. I was under the impression that CP9 would have been the strongest of all the CPs however right now we have the 0 guys and they seem to be relevant players to some extent. If any of them is actually going to be a relevant player of anything then it means the weakest of them should actually be well stronger than a mere rookie like rob lucci. We would be talking about haki users with actual power behind them. I do wonder how law is familiar with the CP0 though. More so, if I recall the Cp9 was already supposed to be the unofficial CP out there with only 8 being official... this means that this particular CP is actually the super secret one which stands above CP9.... whats the deal here?
    Indeed this is a bit odd, it's all reversed. At least I thought of CP9 to be much stronger than CP5.
    So a CP0 suddenly appearing is a bit weird, but still somewhat refreshing to see that there still are some CP# to be vary off, it was kinda nostalgic, especially with Robin who did spot them. It brought me all back to Water 7, sweet memories <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Indeed this is a bit odd, it's all reversed. At least I thought of CP9 to be much stronger than CP5.So a CP0 suddenly appearing is a bit weird, but still somewhat refreshing to see that there still are some CP# to be vary off, it was kinda nostalgic, especially with Robin who did spot them. It brought me all back to Water 7, sweet memories <3
    I don't think it goes in order in terms of strength, CP9 was like the hidden Cipher Pol. that not many people knew about, the were assassins who got the jobs the marines gave them done. CP0 is an intelligence group, so while their fighting may be good, it may not be the strongest, maybe they have the strongest reputation because of their job, Imagine that they are people who may be gaining intel on the revolutionary's, maybe they have an implant in the revolutionary's there are lots of possibilities, I do think they are skilled in combat though. They could have something to do with protecting the void century, or locating the things like Poseidon, and Pluton.

Who knows?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could say CP9 is the most specialized group then, but not the strongest.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the point that interest me is his connection with Dressrosa. How did he became its king. From last chapters it seems he can manipulate people mind, has that a connection with the fairies and the living toys ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Donquixote D. Oflamingo

He can stop Jozu/Juggernaut/Hulk any time he wants, and let Aokiji off with a warning

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what Doflamingo's past is, but I'm pretty sure Vergo wasn't the only Marine who was secretly working for him. I expect there are a lot of others working for him too, like maybe CP0.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion for vergo to work his way up to a VA means that some marines are corrupt hence dd is likely to escape that way

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roarchu View Post
    Donquixote D. Oflamingo

He can stop Jozu/Juggernaut/Hulk any time he wants, and let Aokiji off with a warning
    i think u will find that akoji is the one didnt want to finish him

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you guys watched the last movie so i'll put a spoiler tag :

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member waldo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post
    I don't know if you guys watched the last movie so i'll put a spoiler tag :

Spoiler show
    I am not sure with the specific timeline and have not watched the new movie yet but based on internet information I have read, I believe the shinchibukai mentioned is a "new" appointed from the timeskip, so its the new character aside from Buggy and Law...reflect as

Though I know how movies work as "canon" and should not be directly intertwine with the story if we are going to classify the story on its entirety...
    Thanks to the moon&#039;s gravitational pull, the midnight is just so romantic... A hallow scenery of insanity within... Divulge in deep thoughts of rampant madness...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh nice thinking, i didn't remember this one information. If it's around the timeskip then you're right !
    Yeah i know that what comes from the anime is not canon, but i think on this one matter it's pretty solid. So my bad, it must be the new guy

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

the shichi that cut Z was appointed during 1 year through the timeskip, it's someone who's identity we don't know yet, I assume a lvl 6 escapée probably

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast