Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CP0

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

CP0

Two questions for this thread: How strong could be CP0? What is their job or role among the WG?

In regards to the first one I'll begin with this post by kkck
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am surprised there is a CP0 here. I was under the impression that CP9 would have been the strongest of all the CPs however right now we have the 0 guys and they seem to be relevant players to some extent. If any of them is actually going to be a relevant player of anything then it means the weakest of them should actually be well stronger than a mere rookie like rob lucci. We would be talking about haki users with actual power behind them. I do wonder how law is familiar with the CP0 though. More so, if I recall the Cp9 was already supposed to be the unofficial CP out there with only 8 being official... this means that this particular CP is actually the super secret one which stands above CP9.... whats the deal here?
    to formulate this question: Would it be Vergo stronger than Lucci? That's an interesting question because he was/is a master in armour haki, and he also managed Rokushiki techs. My bet would be: CP0 > Vergo > Lucci.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fixit's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP0

im not surprised with them. i was even expecting some sort of group like the cp9 in the new world buuut this doesnt mean theyll have big roles, sometimes oda introduces some characters for the purpose of hyping some other ones, it could be this way with this new group. i wont put much expactation on them heads on, ill just go with the flow and let oda do his thing hoho

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    to formulate this question: Would it be Vergo stronger than Lucci? That's an interesting question because he was/is a master in armour haki, and he also managed Rokushiki techs. My bet would be: CP0 > Vergo > Lucci.
    I think Rob Lucci has been underestimated because Luffy defeated him. Even the Vice-Admirals from the Buster Call talken big of Lucci.

Of course if we are going to talk about Vice-Admirals, there is probably a wide range of strength among them. If it had to be put in bounties, I would say they would range from 200 to 400 million. So it's hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think about their strength at the moment, but think about the role Cypher Pol plays in general and think about the political climate in Dressrosa right now. They are the WG's Intelligence Agency that focus on the things that could change the world, like the Ohara Incident and the dealings with Tom and Pluton. Dressrosa is in a delicate state right now so they are probably their to take over when stuff finally goes down.

Or maybe they are their to protect a certain someone from the marines. A certain "Young Master" come to mind. That is if the theory of him being related to one of the Gorosei ends up being true.

As for strength, since they are the New World division, I expect them to be stronger. I expect them to have mastered Rokushiki or maybe something more, along with haki.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I think Rob Lucci has been underestimated because Luffy defeated him. Even the Vice-Admirals from the Buster Call talken big of Lucci.

Of course if we are going to talk about Vice-Admirals, there is probably a wide range of strength among them. If it had to be put in bounties, I would say they would range from 200 to 400 million. So it's hard to tell.
    Lucci is often underestimated from what I've read in the past. Not only did the Vice-Admirals praise him, Kuma praised his strength as well, and we know he is strong. Hell, he would have killed the Strawhats had it not been for Kokoro.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Vergo would have been a member of CP0, i really liked him as a bad guy and wanted to see more of him. Either way I think that Violet is a member of CP0

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

After the story ventured into the new world , it isn't surprising that such a unit exists. Looking back now that the story entered the new world 'saga', the strength of CP9 isn't enough to deal with the heavy weights of the new world pirates . CP0 is probably the CP9 of the new world part of OP's universe.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    As for strength, since they are the New World division, I expect them to be stronger. I expect them to have mastered Rokushiki or maybe something more, along with haki.
    I expect that Rokushiki is nothing but a different name for Color of Armaments, just like Mantra was revealed to be Color of Observation. The principles are very similar (strengthening the attack and defense, etc) and we have seen the Vice-Admirals who are said to fight using Haki using Rokushiki, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect that Rokushiki is nothing but a different name for Color of Armaments, just like Mantra was revealed to be Color of Observation. The principles are very similar (strengthening the attack and defense, etc) and we have seen the Vice-Admirals who are said to fight using Haki using Rokushiki, so...
    But Geppo for instance, can't be explained as a Haki ability, I think:

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be an application of armament haki, a haki based form of martial arts rather than haki under a different name. Mantra was a retcon, haki had not been formally introduced until after Skypaeia. The different name can be explained by Skypaeia's isolation. The World Government knows what haki is, and would not use a different name for the same thing.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

But Geppo for instance, can't be explained as a Haki ability, I think:

I would say that it does not have to be explained by haki, but could, if that is what Oda wants. They could be using CoA to "kick" the air. Or CoA could provide enough force that it appears they are flying. If it is not CoA, a new supernatural ability will need to be introduced, and nobody wants that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The way they were introduced as CP - Aigis 0 could hold a clue, The word aegis or aigis is the greek shield for Zeus. This could mean this CP 0 are the protectors of WG secrets, such as how CP 9 were the assassins for WG.

This could mean that Doflamingo do have some relation to the WG not just the shichibukai, but something like related to a Gouresie.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Two questions for this thread: How strong could be CP0? What is their job or role among the WG?
    As an intelligence agency, CP0 is tasked with covert operations. They look a little conspicuous for that role, but it's a children's comic, so w/e. If they are anything like CP9, their main role is as counter-insurgency unit, eliminating political threats to the World Government. As the strongest intelligence agency they would be tasked with eliminating the highest risk threats. From what Kuzan said, the conflict at Dressrosa could be the greatest threat Sakazuki has ever faced. Conflict with Doflamingo could be viewed as a high enough level threat that CP0 was dispatched to eliminate the problem by any means necessary.

A lot also depends on how much the Marine knows. If Doflamingo's connections to Kaido have been revealed to HQ, CP0's presence would be fully explained. The Government would want to avoid at all costs a Yonkou being drawn into the conflict between Doflamingo, Luffy, and Law.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It could be an application of armament haki, a haki based form of martial arts rather than haki under a different name. Mantra was a retcon, haki had not been formally introduced until after Skypaeia. The different name can be explained by Skypaeia's isolation. The World Government knows what haki is, and would not use a different name for the same thing.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I would say that it does not have to be explained by haki, but could, if that is what Oda wants. They could be using CoA to "kick" the air. Or CoA could provide enough force that it appears they are flying. If it is not CoA, a new supernatural ability will need to be introduced, and nobody wants that.
    We had a debate some chapters ago which is related to this. It was about Zoro's initial slash on Monets cheek; It seemed to me it was possible to imbue haki into the air. That would make possible explain Geppo in terms of CoA. But going beyond OP's physics, which is always a dubious theme, to me it would be much more interesting if CP0 has a whole new group of abilities, like it happened whit Rokushiki in its moment. My inner child woul be happy
    Last edited by ukimix; April 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a debate some chapters ago which is related to this. It was about Zoro's initial slash on Monets cheek; It seemed to me it was possible to imbue haki into the air. That would make possible explain Geppo in terms of CoA. But going beyond OP's physics, which is always a dubious theme, to me it would be much more interesting if CP0 has a whole new group of abilities, like it happened whit Rokushiki in its moment. My inner child woul be happy
    The thought of a new super power in a shounen manga terrifies me. It's almost never a good thing. That too easily introduces the possibility of runaway power level escalation and unnecessary techniques (like with the sharingan, or Tetsusaiga in Inuyasha). Because Rokushiki can be explained as an application of haki, it should be explained as an application of haki. That does not mean it will, but doing so would avoid falling into among the worst of shounen cliches. Look at Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist as examples of shounen powers done right. The mechanics of nen and alchemy are explained in detail from the start. Both mangaka stayed true to their own world, allowing for easier suspension of disbelief. Nothing is worse in a fantasy story than being forced to question the mechanics of the world. It is already known that high ranking Marine have to know haki. If Rokushiki is a haki based form of martial arts, it would be a perfectly plausible explanation, resting squarely within the One Piece world we already know. If it is a completely new supernatural, unrelated to haki or devil fruit, it could potentially open One Piece up to the worst possible shounen cliches.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The thought of a new super power in a shounen manga terrifies me. It's almost never a good thing. That too easily introduces the possibility of runaway power level escalation and unnecessary techniques (like with the sharingan, or Tetsusaiga in Inuyasha). Because Rokushiki can be explained as an application of haki, it should be explained as an application of haki. That does not mean it will, but doing so would avoid falling into among the worst of shounen cliches. Look at Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist as examples of shounen powers done right. The mechanics of nen and alchemy are explained in detail from the start. Both mangaka stayed true to their own world, allowing for easier suspension of disbelief. Nothing is worse in a fantasy story than being forced to question the mechanics of the world. It is already known that high ranking Marine have to know haki. If Rokushiki is a haki based form of martial arts, it would be a perfectly plausible explanation, resting squarely within the One Piece world we already know. If it is a completely new supernatural, unrelated to haki or devil fruit, it could potentially open One Piece up to the worst possible shounen cliches.
    I understand that, but I think Oda is different about it; he's wise enough to avoid the dangers of the Shonen cliches. He has a solid plot as a solid background. I'm confident he will not sacrifice the plot in favour of a cliche that could go nowhere. At first sight, the current tourney seems to be not the best example of it. But, this tourney is much more complicated that Dragon Ball ones for instance. In DB, the first tourneys was about power and the fights and about who was the winner, etc... The last one was different, because there was a plot line outside of the tourney that was much more important than the tourney itself (Majin Buu entering the scene outside of the tourney). Dressrosa tourney advances in the same direction, but it goes beyond that; the plot in OP, namely, Law's plan, the Marine acting around the toureny and in all Dressrosa, CP0 and the government, all of it creates a much more complex plot than the one we had with Majin Buu in DB.

This chapter showed us, Oda is playing his game in a way that covers all the fronts. Coming back to the new techs topic, I would say, that if a new power or tech is introduced it will be in a way that it will serves the development of the main plot. If that is not possible then, or it won't be introduced at all or it will be but it will not take a central place in the arc. For sure, it wouldn't have an staring role comparable to the one Rokushiki had in W7. I image something like some few panels about it, with not much explanation of it, and move on with the central plot. In that way I would like it. I mean, its possible to do it avoiding the dangers of the chiches.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Taken from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Well... I say there isn't any more CP and a week later I feel trolled.... I don't know why I did not think of Cp0 to New World.... Hopefully they are strong and should have some cool DFs...
    Personally I don't want them all to have DF's in a similar fashion to CP9, but I want a much more serious team in CP0.

CP9 were a little bit of a joke. If you think of how Nami won her battle, I mean, the gap in strength between Jabra, Kaku and Lucci and the rest was a little ridiculous. (Special mention to the Doa Doa Fruit, that thing would come in handy everyday in my life).
    I want to everybody in CP0 to be genuinely strong. And not lose in a silly fashion like Kalifa did.

Or rather, characters who can use their DF's as good as Lucci did and not use it in a basic manner.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast