Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CP0

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP0

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I'd love to see Lucci, Kaku, Jabra and Blueno again and much stronger.
    And Kalifa, don't forget Kalifa...

Seriously, I'd like to see what kind of crazy moves Kaku thought of during 2 years, considering all the crazy shit he thought of during several hours of having the fruit.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    And Kalifa, don't forget Kalifa...

Seriously, I'd like to see what kind of crazy moves Kaku thought of during 2 years, considering all the crazy shit he thought of during several hours of having the fruit.
    Minecraft's got nothing on him now
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Now that's a good point.
    Jozu has the diamond paramecia along with the ability to fight Logia's.
    Aokiji from what we saw, was unable to take out Jozu until Jozu was distracted and looked away from the battle between them.
    Implying Jozu was giving Aokiji a good and serious fight. Jozu fought on par with Aokiji for a good while.
    Jozu took a point-blank range sandstorm from Crocodile and came out practically uninjured.
    He blocked
    Jozu is VA level
    What more evidence do you need?.
    Why not admiral? Do not forget that Sakazuki and Kuzan are similarly strong, I don't see why those two couldn't be nearly/on par with the individual Yonkou now, Blackbeard excluded.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: CP0

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why not admiral? Do not forget that Sakazuki and Kuzan are similarly strong, I don't see why those two couldn't be nearly/on par with the individual Yonkou now, Blackbeard excluded.
    Sure.
    I wasn't clear or rather I didn't even it. But I meant VA at the minimum or VA at the least.

And sure Aokiji could fight a Yonkou, perhaps with Jozu, although it will be tough on Jozu since Aokiji caused the loss of his arm.
    (I think Aokiji is a little brat anyway. Had his life spared and all. He just exists on Sakazuki's kindness)
    I also want to see the true wrath of Big Mam before we can really say how dangerous the individual Yonkou is.
    Like how far is Luffy away from them in Power? Is he a few power-ups away? Or is he so far away he would get shutdown like on Sabaody?

In terms of ranking, how many people do you think are Admiral level out there right now?
    By Admiral level I mean on par with Kizaru/Aokiji/Sakazuki
    I'm saying Doflamingo, Marco, Jozu, Vista, Benn Beckmann off head.

(Garp, Sengoku and Issho needn't be included since we know their deal).

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I just realized Kalifa and Kaku never got their deserved props for this!
    They got their fruits only hours before their 1-on-1 fights. They were pretty awesome for that.
    Had they had years to use their fruit like Luffy had for example, they would have been seriously dangerous opponents.
    Considering they are now living an almost Pirate life, coming into contact with Pirate crews and simply fighting them and no longer have govt aid in anyway anymore they are probably getting stronger like how any SuperRookie crew would.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Kuzan fought almost equal to WB because the man was becoming old and weaken with deadly disease, stabbing by a weakling; even Marco stated that WB wouldn't had allowed stabbing to happen if he had had his original power 20 years ago. Hence I think the admirals are still one lower level than the yonkou. Another example is why did it take both Garp and Sengoku to fight Shiki even though both of them surpassed admiral level strength ( 20 years older Garp >>> Marco = 1 admiral).

I prob rank Shanks above both Marco and the admirals, otherwise WG can send 2 admirals finish off one of a yonkou. There is another hard estimate, I think the head of the CP0 is almost at the admiral level if he was the same man who gave DD order to assassinate Moria, not sure whether Kong instructed DD to do it or the head of CP0 gave out the order, hmmm.
    Last edited by MBVC; May 07, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It is entirely possible that WB was altogether on a different class of his own before the the marineford war though. At large we saw him take out VAs like it was not big deal and the admirals could not really do anything to him at the start. WB was basically wore down all through the war until he died. To be honest I don't think anyone in the war actually ever fought on his level, not even akainu. Kuzan got a clean hit on WB and froze him but that did not even faze WB at the time. Just look at the final comments on him when he died... over 500 bullets, over 30 cannon balls and and a half blown head. The world government threw everything they had at WB and they barely killed him to be honest. Akainu even almost got killed a couple of times by WB if I recall.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I believe Kuzan fought almost equal to WB because the man was becoming old and weaken with deadly disease, stabbing by a weakling; even Marco stated that WB wouldn't had allowed stabbing to happen if he had had his original power 20 years ago. Hence I think the admirals are still one lower level than the yonkou. Another example is why did it take both Garp and Sengoku to fight Shiki even though both of them surpassed admiral level strength ( 20 years older Garp >>> Marco = 1 admiral).

I'm just going to jump in here and say that the Admirals were holding back during Marineford. They were at their main base and were already trying to limit the damage done by Whitebeard, plus there were allies around. Punk Hazard has already shown us that an Admiral using full power could have long term effects on the environment itself so I don't think it's a fair assessment to say that they are a tier lower. I think they are even in strength. While Whitebeard wasn't able to be taken out by an Admiral, he himself couldn't take one out either.

Garp and Sengoku probably thought it'd easier, quicker, and do less damage if they both took on Shiki. Add that to the fact that it'd lower the chances of either of them being injured to a great degree if Shiki was close to Roger's strength. It wouldn't be smart to just let one of them fight against him when he is a threat to the base and Roger's execution.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It is entirely possible that WB was altogether on a different class of his own before the the marineford war though. At large we saw him take out VAs like it was not big deal and the admirals could not really do anything to him at the start. WB was basically wore down all through the war until he died. To be honest I don't think anyone in the war actually ever fought on his level, not even akainu. Kuzan got a clean hit on WB and froze him but that did not even faze WB at the time. Just look at the final comments on him when he died... over 500 bullets, over 30 cannon balls and and a half blown head. The world government threw everything they had at WB and they barely killed him to be honest. Akainu even almost got killed a couple of times by WB if I recall.
    Again, I think they were holding back for the most part. The Admirals had to have been holding back and weren't letting loose like he was as it was their job to protect the base and make sure Ace was executed. Despite the damage he took they didn't throw everything at him. Garp and Sengoku didn't even fight him and again, the Admirals were holding back. Akainu was hit by what I'm assuming to be a haki and quake infused punch twice and got up soon after no worse for wear. He may have been down for a minute, but it didn't end him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu is not the type that would hold back in the war. He was practically going crazy all over, shooting his Magma hands, killing his comrades that wanted to escape etc. And WB almost beat him to death, he didn't simply 'get up soon after no worse for wear'. He was bleeding all over and almost fell down one of the cracks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I'm just going to jump in here and say that the Admirals were holding back during Marineford. They were at their main base and were already trying to limit the damage done by Whitebeard, plus there were allies around. Punk Hazard has already shown us that an Admiral using full power could have long term effects on the environment itself so I don't think it's a fair assessment to say that they are a tier lower. I think they are even in strength. While Whitebeard wasn't able to be taken out by an Admiral, he himself couldn't take one out either.

Garp and Sengoku probably thought it'd easier, quicker, and do less damage if they both took on Shiki. Add that to the fact that it'd lower the chances of either of them being injured to a great degree if Shiki was close to Roger's strength. It wouldn't be smart to just let one of them fight against him when he is a threat to the base and Roger's execution.

Again, I think they were holding back for the most part. The Admirals had to have been holding back and weren't letting loose like he was as it was their job to protect the base and make sure Ace was executed. Despite the damage he took they didn't throw everything at him. Garp and Sengoku didn't even fight him and again, the Admirals were holding back. Akainu was hit by what I'm assuming to be a haki and quake infused punch twice and got up soon after no worse for wear. He may have been down for a minute, but it didn't end him.
    Hmm.. I don't know about Kuzan and Borsalino. But I don't think Sakazuki was holding back one bit. He seemed to use all of his power to kill Whitebeard. From what I see, the reason Garp and Sengoku didn't actively join the war was that they had similar problem like Whitebeard. Both of them were old fighter and as strong as they are, they can't match the stamina of Kuzan, Sakazuki, and Borsalino. Another reason is if they left their post, Marco can freed Ace easily. That's also the reason why Borsalino is the one who fought Marco back then. Were Marco decide to fly as high as he can, only Borsalino could pursue him. Maybe that's also the reason why Marine need Garp and Sengoku to fought Shiki. It's so that one could pursue and the other set up an ambush.

PS: BTW guys, isn't this post OOT? CP0?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu does not strike me as the type to hold back to be honest. He was willing to fight even after sengoku put an end to the thing and had taken severe blows from WB. More than anything, I don't think the admirals could actually afford to hold back. True, they had to protect the platform which they did but through the war they still did well more than that and halfway through it none of them was even near the platform. It still had garp and sengoku after all. And sengoku did fight, he took on all the BB pirates. If they had not been there things might have been even worst for the pirates by the end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Akainu is not the type that would hold back in the war. He was practically going crazy all over, shooting his Magma hands, killing his comrades that wanted to escape etc. And WB almost beat him to death, he didn't simply 'get up soon after no worse for wear'. He was bleeding all over and almost fell down one of the cracks.
    Powerwise, he held back in my opinion. I'm going off the amount of damage he and Kuzan's power did on Punk Hazard. That to me says that when they go all out, there are wide reaching effects on the environment. Granted, their fight lasted what? A week or so? The fact that their power affected the whole island as well as the surrounding ocean, says a lot. I'm sure if he wanted to he could have set the whole of Marineford and it's surrounding ocean ablaze should he have felt the need to. Akainu didn't look near death to me. He was briefly incapacitated, but he came back in pretty good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Shadow View Post
    Hmm.. I don't know about Kuzan and Borsalino. But I don't think Sakazuki was holding back one bit. He seemed to use all of his power to kill Whitebeard. From what I see, the reason Garp and Sengoku didn't actively join the war was that they had similar problem like Whitebeard. Both of them were old fighter and as strong as they are, they can't match the stamina of Kuzan, Sakazuki, and Borsalino. Another reason is if they left their post, Marco can freed Ace easily. That's also the reason why Borsalino is the one who fought Marco back then. Were Marco decide to fly as high as he can, only Borsalino could pursue him. Maybe that's also the reason why Marine need Garp and Sengoku to fought Shiki. It's so that one could pursue and the other set up an ambush.
    Garp and Sengoku weren't sick like WB, so I don't think stamina was their problem. They were indeed there as the last line of defense for Ace as we saw Sengoku and Garp attack Luffy when he reached the scaffold. But imagine if they had gotten down and dirty like the Admirals and commanders though...

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Akainu does not strike me as the type to hold back to be honest. He was willing to fight even after sengoku put an end to the thing and had taken severe blows from WB. More than anything, I don't think the admirals could actually afford to hold back. True, they had to protect the platform which they did but through the war they still did well more than that and halfway through it none of them was even near the platform. It still had garp and sengoku after all. And sengoku did fight, he took on all the BB pirates. If they had not been there things might have been even worst for the pirates by the end.
    I believe they toned down the scale of their attacks to preserve the island. I do see your point in not being able to afford holding back, but I still think they did. Punk Hazard keeps me from believing any of the Admirals went all out. I don't even think WB was able to go all out like he wanted to. I mean, the man tilted the seas around him and never showed anything more like that throughout the war. Sengoku didn't plan on fighting BB though. You said the marines had thrown everything at WB and I disagreed, saying the marines still had Garp and Sengoku on the back burner, should they have been needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Shadow View Post
    PS: BTW guys, isn't this post OOT? CP0?
    Yeah we should probably move this elsewhere.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how it can be said WB did not fully intend to destroy marineford.... I mean, his initial move was to actually start 2 tsunami's against the island and he actually dared sengoku to prevent him from sinking it. There was even point where the pirates were trapped inside that iron barrier and even WB could not destroy it with his power. His actual rampage started after he got stabbed however all through the war it did seem like he was trying his best.

Well, my point with sengoku was that he was distracted by BB and if that had not been the case he would have joined the fray. Garp not joining the fray was more of his choice than anything else, the marines themselves did not actually hold him back. He just pretended to have been taken out by luffy after all (and I guess even sengoku did not have it in him to force garp to act to have ace and luffy murdered).

there is also the consideration that at least before ace was removed from the gaol it was sengoku who was calling the shots in the war. He was the one organizing the traps and coordinating marine movements. It wasn't so much as him being held back as much as it was that he was the commander in chief and was the only one with the sense and authority to make decisions there. Even then, the admirals were nowhere near ace when the pirates started fighting in the giancorde plaza (I am not 100% sure of that name) and from that point onward we saw all the admirals fighting multiple people, mainly WB and the commanders.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Yeah we should probably move this elsewhere.
    No its fine, we're comparing the ranks of Admiral, Yonkou, Vice-Admiral in relation to where we expect the CP0's strength to be.
    That's how this all started.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

All because I questioned Jozus power level to probably be around an admirals? -_- Yeah it's become OOT as we haven't compared any of those lastly named characters to those white suits, while not having even seen them in action yet.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

All because I questioned Jozus power level to probably be around an admirals? -_- Yeah it's become OOT as we haven't compared any of those lastly named characters to those white suits, while not having even seen them in action yet.
    No, you didn't start this. Don't get carried away or flatter yourself.
    We were discussing whether or not Lucci was VA level before then, because Lucci is the strongest of CP9, if we agreed that Lucci was VA level then it means we could expect the strongest of CP0 to even be of the Admiral level.
    So no it isn't as bad that guy who claimed it was OOT thought. Otherwise the mods would have obviously intervened.

Back to where we were, which was discussing the power of the Admiral level characters in the series to measure the level of power we expect at least 1 of the CP0 characters should be.
    Like I said before, I'm expecting at least a few strong members to spearhead the attack of the CP0 just like Lucci, Kaku and Jabra did for CP9.
    We haven't had a serious 1-on-1 for Sanji in Part II yet so I'm expecting this to be his arc to shine.
    I want somebody at higher VA level-minimum to fight Sanji.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast