Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CP0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP0

I'm not even sure Lucci can win against Smoker both in pre-war, so it depends on some special circumstances when we compare one character with another one, Vergo is out of question, Lucci wasn't powerful enough to damage that harden body. Now get back to the main question: how strong are the members of CP0, at least all of them know how to use haki otherwise they can't do anything in NW, this means the weakest member is stronger than Lucci and in the level of VA. If the head of the CP0 has the same authority as Sengoku or even higher then I expect the power must also match up as well, we can compare him with Fujitora or Marco in term of strength or maybe not, it's still too early to tell but at least no one in CP0 is weaker than Lucci otherwise Law doesn't give a damn about their showing up on the island.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The best agent in CP0 should be a strong fighter similar to Lucci in Paradise. I can see that agent being around admiral level maybe, but I'm not quite sure about the rest. I do know that they should all be stronger than pre-timeskip Lucci. As I stated earlier I expect their abilities to be a combo of both haki and rokushiki, maybe a revised version of it. Or maybe a martial arts based on different haki applications. And yes Airgrimes, Sanji has been way overdue for a true New World battle. I will be serioiusly disappointed if he gets the screws put to him again.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't see how it can be said WB did not fully intend to destroy marineford.... I mean, his initial move was to actually start 2 tsunami's against the island and he actually dared sengoku to prevent him from sinking it. There was even point where the pirates were trapped inside that iron barrier and even WB could not destroy it with his power. His actual rampage started after he got stabbed however all through the war it did seem like he was trying his best.
    Which was just aimed directly at Marineford before anyone of his allies step foot on the island. Which bring up the question as to why he did that when Ace was still on the platform. I'm just going to assume that he was going to let Marco go and pick him up before the waves actually hit...hopefully. His rampage was awesome, but he was kinda dying too so I still don't feel like he was able to go all out. His hits on Akainu seemed to be the strongest hits he delivered throughout the whole war.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, my point with sengoku was that he was distracted by BB and if that had not been the case he would have joined the fray. Garp not joining the fray was more of his choice than anything else, the marines themselves did not actually hold him back. He just pretended to have been taken out by luffy after all (and I guess even sengoku did not have it in him to force garp to act to have ace and luffy murdered).
    Which is a good point, but had their hand been forced, I'm sure they would not have hesitated to jump in to the fight.
    Last edited by eefrit; May 08, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly speaking, Sengoku didn't go all out fighting Luffy, otherwise Luffy would have received something more than just an ordinary punch which didn't have enough power to knock him out completely. I think the main point is that the admirals are still weaker than WB in term of 1-1, otherwise all 3 of them could finish off the old man while Garp took care the rest easily without any fighting back, not to mention the shichibukai also joined in the slaughter too.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No, you didn't start this. Don't get carried away or flatter yourself.
    We were discussing whether or not Lucci was VA level before then, because Lucci is the strongest of CP9, if we agreed that Lucci was VA level then it means we could expect the strongest of CP0 to even be of the Admiral level.
    So no it isn't as bad that guy who claimed it was OOT thought. Otherwise the mods would have obviously intervened.
    I will flatter my self as much as I want. I nudged it into the Jozu admiral discussion[again] and added comparisons to Sakazuki and Kuzan, which lead to their inclusion in the current discussion again.

All this "level talk" is sooo not One Piece, could we end that, as we have neither doriki levels nor fights to compare characters like Akainu, Kizaru, Kuzan, Garp, Sengoku with each other or those lower ranked? Does anyone believe that Fujitora was not worthy of his rank two years ago? Would have a VA rank made him weak back than? No. The huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge range of viceadmirals, as those are the only reliable force for the Marines in the New World, will make up the majority of marines that the Mugiwaras will have problems with, not the admirals, not after Fujitora has appeared already and shown intentions to keep his mission and Luffy apart for now. At times like that I'm sad about the introduction of haki, it started all this comparability bullshit that was never really present in OP discussions before!

But why would the World Government have such capable character/s and not have much more power in the NW before? A person comparable to Borsalino in strength with Haki and Rokushiki would be perfect for assasinations and destabilization of Yonkou controlled countries/islands. I would abuse those agents to no end and try to bring those pirates up against each other, but no such thing is hinted to until now. All we know is that Akainu started to militarize the Marines and only started to conquer the New World when he got promoted to fleet admiral.

Does anyone think that CP0 will after this arc? Will they be of importance? If one of the is as strong as the current admirals, who is supposed to fight them with so much else going on all around the island already? Personally I can't see how any of those could be stronger than Doflamingo, that would devaluate him in an arc that's about himself.

Yeah, I promote a shift from the strenght/power talk to one including the actual plot and story. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"But why would the World Government have such capable character/s and not have much more power in the NW before? A person comparable to Borsalino in strength with Haki and Rokushiki would be perfect for assasinations and destabilization of Yonkou controlled countries/islands. I would abuse those agents to no end and try to bring those pirates up against each other, but no such thing is hinted to until now. All we know is that Akainu started to militarize the Marines and only started to conquer the New World when he got promoted to fleet admiral.

Does anyone think that CP0 will after this arc? Will they be of importance? If one of the is as strong as the current admirals, who is supposed to fight them with so much else going on all around the island already? Personally I can't see how any of those could be stronger than Doflamingo, that would devaluate him in an arc that's about himself."

I think because the WG has to deal with Dragon and if one of the yonkou is murdered by an agent of WG, then there might be a possibility that 2 of the yonkou will join force to take out WG with some help from Dragon.

All right, so we have Fujitora, DD, and the strongest of CP0, Burgess, some strong fighters in this tournament, DD's 4 generals; on the other hand we have Law, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and the rest of the crew, then how do you match up this balance?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Does any of the Yonkou strike you as somebody to cooperate with another one? No one, not even Shanks to be that kind of type. To be honest, I didn't think of someone attacking the Yonkou themself, that's suicidal and shouldn't work with how the crews are made up so far. Rockstar is a CP0 member, waiting for the right time to take on Shanks when he's asleep. j/k Hm this reminds me of Ace failing to attack Newgate even in his sleep, so I don't really see how any of them could fall without a real fight.

1. Doflamingo has whole crew as big as the mugiwaras.
    2. Does anybody really expect them to have even matches in this arc? I don't think any of the Strawhats will fight a CP0 member, Burgess or Fujitora, since all eyes are on the fruit, the citizens and most importantly, on Doflamingo anyway.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't have to join force but the WG can't handle the situation if the remaining yonkou decide to attack directly (after knowing WG sent assassins after their heads and 1 or 2 of the 4 yonkou died as the result) and Dragon does some dirty work in the background.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I missing some important point or does your premise not make any sense at all.

How would one dead Yonkou lead to an alliance of others, just to start a war with the World Government? Why would they do that, an assassination would not show the affiliation and even if they got cought they wouldn't reveal their background. The Yonkou are as much Dragons enemies as everybody else, he won't do any of that or his cause would be corrupted Imo. He wants the citizens to fight, not some despot/tyrant who's in some cases would be even worse than the WG. Remember countries burning because of candy!? Gabull the revolutionary being hunted down by Kaidou's henchman? Those two aren't even questionable, they are exactly that what Dragon is fighting against.-_- If you start to discuss things, be realistic or at least work with what we already got.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about the yonkou independently attack the WG directly unaware of the other motive, well at least Shanks is willing to join force when the situation suits him well but I'm not sure about the others. this topics runs from comparison of strength into global war and you started it twice!

Anyway, I don't think the CP0 has the same goal as Fujitora, because the WG always has some shady business lying around everywhere. I'm not sure how it plays out in the meeting and whether Violet is a CP0 agent or not. In the last time, CP9 had 4 members on Water7: 3 males + 1 female, do you think they organized the plan the same again?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Mingo is/was a far to big ally to waste so many agents on perennial missions, just to observe and wait. Until the WG learned about the dark secret of PH and his connection to Kaidou, there wasn't anything interesting about him to start a mission Imo. We know he had connections to the WG, so he probably sent some good money their way too keep them silent about his practices.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: CP0

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I will flatter my self as much as I want. I nudged it into the Jozu admiral discussion[again] and added comparisons to Sakazuki and Kuzan, which lead to their inclusion in the current discussion again.
    Sorry ma'am.
    We were discussing the levels of ranks beside CP0 anyway. This isn't down to you.
    Others mentioned Aokiji in replies to my post anyway so the discussion of Admirals in addition the VA level characters was going to happen regardless.
    Considering the mods didn't complain why attempt to kill discussions if it isn't any of your concern? The mods do a good job here no need to undermine them.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I think because the WG has to deal with Dragon and if one of the yonkou is murdered by an agent of WG, then there might be a possibility that 2 of the yonkou will join force to take out WG with some help from Dragon.
    Why?
    The Yonkou don't seem to necessarily on be great terms with one another. Not even the Shichibukai who pretty much supposed to be a sort of team can truly get along so well.
    So far, all Dragon does is hover around the Blue Seas and take revolutionize small villages/towns/cities one by one and since Luffy has embarked on his journey, Dragon hasn't really bumped into any notably powerful WG employees be it from Cipher Pol or the Navy.
    I'm assuming its that the WG has been completely unable to track him.

On top of that, even after the death of WB we had no reaction from Dragon being showed so the death of a Yonkou will probably just lead to a new guy replacing him and probably not much more than that.

Does anyone think that CP0 will after this arc? Will they be of importance? If one of the is as strong as the current admirals, who is supposed to fight them with so much else going on all around the island already? Personally I can't see how any of those could be stronger than Doflamingo, that would devaluate him in an arc that's about himself.
    Depends on the scenario in which they meet the Straw Hats. If they meet the SH's fight and lose, then they'll get the CP9 treatment where it seems the Government eliminate them from Cipher Pol? I think that's what has happened at least.
    If CP0 do actually fight the SH's in the same format that CP9 did which I doubt, then its gonna be one hell of a long arc.
    And even CP9 were shown to have recovered from their beating and set out sail with an aim.

So knowing Oda, we never really see the last of anybody. I mean... Enel was last seen afterwards on the freaking moon, Miss Monday was last shown to now be a mother and the mighty Magellan was seen as the Vice-Chief of Impel Down. So I don't think it will be the very last, but certainly the last time they are an integral part of the storyline.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 09, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So far, all Dragon does is hover around the Blue Seas and take revolutionize small villages/towns/cities one by one and since Luffy has embarked on his journey, Dragon hasn't really bumped into any notably powerful WG employees be it from Cipher Pol or the Navy.
    I'm assuming its that the WG has been completely unable to track him.

On top of that, even after the death of WB we had no reaction from Dragon being showed so the death of a Yonkou will probably just lead to a new guy replacing him and probably not much more than that.
    The RA are obviously working in every single part of the world, Blues, Paradies[Bartigo/Momoiro] and New World to some degree. It's not like Dragon starts every single uprising of the citizens, he has commanders and stuff. He surely must have a couple countries by now, if he was deemed " The World's Most-Dangerous Criminal". we just don't know what and in which capacity they have interacted with all the different parties so far. If we go with the flow, the big move will have to happen around the time Luffy rises up with Pirate King, so they should be pretty far with their freedom operation, similar to the Yonkou in territory or more.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Re: CP0

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The RA are obviously working in every single part of the world, Blues, Paradies[Bartigo/Momoiro] and New World to some degree. It's not like Dragon starts every single uprising of the citizens, he has commanders and stuff. He surely must have a couple countries by now, if he was deemed " The World's Most-Dangerous Criminal". we just don't know what and in which capacity they have interacted with all the different parties so far. If we go with the flow, the big move will have to happen around the time Luffy rises up with Pirate King, so they should be pretty far with their freedom operation, similar to the Yonkou in territory or more.
    So far I get the feeling that the RA's influence in the New World is rather small. After Robin's timeskip story, I've mentioned on here before I was expecting the World Govt to introduce skilled fighters to take down the RA. Surely its a little ridiculous on the WG's part.
    Why don't they just send a Vice-Admiral along with some Cipher Pol officials and Govt officials to the countries that have been revolutionized a while after the RA's have left?
    At the Buster Call in Enies Lobby it seems to me that there are always Vice-Admirals with loads of time on their hands.
    Vice-Admiral Yamakaji in particular looked like he does nothing all day.

Instead, it makes me think if the CP0 don't get finished in this arc, they will be shown again fighting against the Revolution.
    I think the Revolutionaries are just as dangerous as a Yonkou.
    I'm assuming Dragon is like a Yonkou in power at the minimum with some seriously strong commanders.
    (I don't think it was confirmed Ivankov was the offical 2nd-in-command so there should be stronger foes)

Simply put, there must be some kind of specific unit for dealing with the RA's considering there has been no Marine who has been known to be targeting the RA's like how they target Pirates.

I'm not even sure Lucci can win against Smoker both in pre-war, .
    No Armor-Haki.
    Lucci automatically loses to all Logia users.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the classification as CP-0 is not necessarily a matter of fighting power but overall indipendence. While the numbers from 1 to 9 may be an indication of the raw power, the number 0 could be the indicator of beeing superior to the others. I think they simply are able to operate on their own, not having to report back in a frequent pattern and that makes them more dangerous.
    Still the purpose of an intelligence unit is to gather and eveluate information, thus fighting power shouldn't be the main factor. Since this is One Piece they have to have strong fighters to handle themselves though. At least superior to the New World standard, meaning those guys baffled about Luffys possible appearance in the tournament.

In my opinion this whole Haki thing is more a matter of Oda's evolution as an artist, rather than bad canon management. My personal guess is, that he on some point (likely pre-timeskip) simply sought for a cooler way to introduce armourment Haki (like the body becoming black) and to make it more visual to the reader. Therefore the whole concept was overhauled to let him be more freely with it in the future.
    My wild guess is, when it comes to answering the big questions, Oda always wants to give 120% and thus the new appearance. If he had the whole concept earlier I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have held it back in the fight between Kizaru and Rayleigh.
    Last but not least, a post-timskip Luccy should be on a level with Luffy, Law and Kid, given his potential and beaten opponents not becoming stagnant afterwards. I wouldn't take it too serious that there wasn't that much Haki shown back then, since the whole concept lacked a bit in my opinion. The reason we see it on every corner now is more likely because it is the New World and Oda finally made up his mind on which was he really wants to go.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think their power is exactly like CP9 but instead they have logia powers.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast