Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CP0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP0

You know... CP0 unit still could be the result of the CP9's defeat and their escape from service, can't it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand the need for a CP0, wasn't CP9 supposed to be the 'secret' agency? I hope Oda doesn't introduce a CP10 after these guys are defeated, next thing we know, there will be a secret 5th Yonkou as well.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I don't really understand the need for a CP0, wasn't CP9 supposed to be the 'secret' agency? I hope Oda doesn't introduce a CP10 after these guys are defeated, next thing we know, there will be a secret 5th Yonkou as well.
    Well, the need for CP0 would be something actually foreseable to some extent since the shanbody arc. During the arc (and the arc war) we actually got to see where the strawhats stood in terms of strength against the world. That also tells us to some extent where CP9 would have stood at large. Seeing those arcs it would be obvious that the cipher pols we had seen would have no business being in the new world. They deal with political stuff however if they had to carry out an assassination or spy on the big shots they really would have stood no chance in a fight. I mean, just a pacifista took everything from the strawhats back then... So the possibilities we had at the time were that either the WG had no CPs working in the new world or they had one that had the caliber to work there. Overall the new world has extreme political instability, yonko and rampant revolutionaries as far as we know which does suggest the new world is an ideal place for a competent CP to work at. Now, with the new world being what it is and with the probably new world competent CP being in dress rosa we can easily know that shit is about to get real there....

CP0 being the result of CP9 disappearing is probable however if their caliber is only at the level displayed by the former CP9 then they really won't get to be big players in the least. Half the strawhats would be able to one shot all of them at the same time.... And with doflamingo, his family, the strong gladiators, burges, fujitora and who knows what else being in the mix they really do have to be extremely competent at all the stuff we saw the former CP9 but at the scale of the new world.

As far as rokushiki goes my own impression is that it is actually meant to work in conjunction with the different types of haki rather than being an application of it. I mean, at least a few of the techniques involved with rokushiki seem to be designed to synergize with haki to a great extent. The more obvious examples would be shigan and tekkai. Imagine to what extent those would be improved with ordinary armor haki, let alone the reinforced haki. Just normal reinforced haki can actually be strong enough to stop an actual blade on the spot so to speak (we have not actually seen it but vergo had the expectation that he would be able to stop law's blade with it). Adding a literal hardening of the skin (tekkai) to it would yield spectacular results at least. Shigan would be far more effective too to put it mildly. Perhaps the ability to touch intangible things would actually improve the wing blades or the walking on air thing. Observation haki would work pretty well with the body manipulation rokushiki technique, it would allow for far more improbable dodges so to speak which means a greater chance to catch the enemy off guard.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Do some reading then.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Cipher_Pol

WG is one collossal entity, with plenty of enemies. You don't expect for it's entire intelligence only to consist of 11 people, who should be both the assassins and spies. CP9 was the only section that was specialized in assasinations and stuff. But that was before CP0 was known to exist. I'm not sure if these guys are strong fighters as well. For this point in the story, it wouldn't make sense if they gather intelligence only and can't fight.

From my understanding of Rokushiki, it has nothing to do with Haki. Haki applies a strength of will of an individual, while Rokushiki techniques are achieved by training the body. As a result, you can use Rokushiki without knowing anything about Haki and vice-versa. I think, if there was any connection, Rayleigh might have compared armaments Haki with Rokushiki, just like he did with observation and Mantra.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes perfect sense for there to be a CP0.
    In fact I had always though there was another Combat unit within Cipher Pol the VERY moment Lucci was defeated.

Simply because the Marines enemies are Pirates, but WG's main enemies are Revolutionaries.
    If only 9 people in CP9 are to fight against the Rev. Army it would be silly, since its stated CP9 killed some Revolutionaries just prior to the StrawHats arrival.

And the Rev.Army is massive, not to mention the Gorosei seem like they have been involved in Combat in the past, so the WG must have a place where capable fighters came from. And that place could possibly be CP0. WG need a unit that stops forces that aren't Pirates as well as Pirates.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 24, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Jabra said he never heard of a Doriki is high as 4,000, doesn't that mean none of the CP0 is stronger than Lucci individually?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my take on the difference between CP9 and CP0:

CP9: This is a secret organization of the Cipher Pol whose members are trained in Rokushiki since childhood to carry out assassinations later on. (It won't make the WG look good if they were carrying out assassinations.) They may also engage in undercover operations as seen when some members worked at Galley-La.

CP0: It's unknown if the public is aware of them, but it seems as if those who are connected to the WG/Marines (Law, Caesar and Robin who was being chased by them for decades) are knowledgeable about this faction. While the CP9's main job is assassination, it seems to me that CP0 is more about intelligence gathering; if they were in a situation where they have to fight, however, I'm sure they would very well be capable of combat. Since they are easily recognizable by sight and wear masks that make them stand out, they might be a public figure for the entirety of the Cipher Pol organization. No one will know who they are when they take off their masks and slip into an inconspicuous attire.

As an aside note: the connection between one CP0 member and the WG official whom Doflamingo talked to was discussed elsewhere, and I'd like to point out that apart from the bowler hat, the WG official's face was never properly shown.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as we know the existence of CP9 and CP0 is actually confidential and unofficial at large. CP0 does seem to have the higher standing and it should be strong enough to work in the new world... The public at large should not be aware of the existence of either though. Law is a shichibukai so it is not that strange that he knows and robin has been 2 years with the revolutionaries and has been on the run from the world government all her life, it makes sense she knows such organizations. At least the revolutionaries are bound to have met them a number of times.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think those guys are not for gathering information only , they look really strong . I'm thinking CP9 is crap in front of this one

Let's not forget their are in the NW , you can't be weak and be called CP in the most dangerous sea in OP ...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

CPO is basically similar to zero guard from bleach. I think they are fewer in number, but stronger and take Special missions. I think they are all vice-admiral level, but even law and robin looked terrified, so maybe they are admiral level.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Law looked terrified and Robin's behavior is quite understandable... But I'm estimating about 5 or 6 of them including the Lady with Sanji and at least 1 contestant in the Colosseum (Ricky looks promising)...

I think CP9 was specifically for information gathering and assassinations and spying... The only really promising fighter was Rob Lucci & Kaku was passable...

While CP0 is for world government cover-ups, and help save face for the Gorosei and Nobles...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense for a CP0 to exist, but I really didn't think of it xD

They are the shield of the WG so they must be extremely powerful.

Regarding Rokushiki, they are techniques. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rokushiki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also just because Lucci mastered Rokushiki doesn't mean he was the strongest user, he just knew all the techniques you could use... Heck he didn't have haki either, and CoA breaks Tekkai any day in my book... lol but because he mastered it he was VA level in my opinion.. (I wrote that kind of convolutedly lol)
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

CP0 is an investing organization, CP9 is a murdering organization.

Oda said it, pull it from his ass to put some tension to the arc, they will not be a thread, they will connect to something that it will be a thread.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Theat, not thread. Investing as in besieging or investigating? ^^

Robin was pretty fearful when she detected them, they are the highest ranking agents of the WG and acting in the NW, so they will probably have strength comparable to their ranks.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 05, 2013 at 07:56 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast