Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
The only thing I like about this show so far...the opening...and the casting. They sure did a good job getting TM Rev and Mitsuki Nana to sing a duo there. Casting is awesome as well (though still not the best of this season...:3 ) Just love it. As expected of Sunrise, as far as those two things go...but everything else...Well, everything else is average for me, not the best show of the season, but definitely not the worst show either. I can still enjoy it, though I have to say the past three episodes are extremely meh. I'm more or less flexible with things, so I still find it OK though...Never watch Guilty Crown, so I can't compare I guess.
Last edited by Ju-da-su; April 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
I was disappointed by Guilty Crown but it at least had a coherent plot throughout. Also, you're far less likely to have someone get shot in the face by his friend, practically curse his name because of it and then try to kill him ONE week, and the the NEXT week be all "but he'd never betray us!"
For anyone who interests, here are some original character designs
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. As far as I was aware, the grammar and such was probably fine in K. What I'm saying is it's fine if the *character* is a Japanese person speaking another language and s/he has an accent, but if the character is supposed to natively speak whatever language, s/he should be coached and rehearsed in speaking that language so it's passably natural-sounding. They probably just can't afford to hire language coaches like they use in other nations' film industries since it's only anime and the business (TV) in particular isn't rolling in dough.
That said, based on what Ju-Da-Su said, apparently they tried hiring a guy who spent his youth in Germany for K. So either they coached the right sound out of him and replaced it with what we got, or that guy was exaggerating his skills on his CV. ^_^;
Anyway. A nice Blitzendegen to all of you. \o/
You all already commented on the fun parts so I just say what I liked most:
- The 3:14 thing. I agree. L-Elf is Pi-man now! Chilling for 15 minutes with explosives... Makes sense... Wherever he found them... Was there a convenience store down there?
- Valvrave aka The social Network. I wonder if the Valvrave mech has a Facebook option too...
- L-Elfs Derps. From "I'MAFUCKINGKILL YOOOOOOOOOU L-ELF " to "L-elf betrayed us...? Nooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaay " Yeah Sure.
- How did he survive without air? Is this Mass Effect now?
- Who needs bombs when you can destroy enemy units with simple smoke? I mean don't they have a sonar? They just kept flying without sight?!
- Red haired nerd chick
- L-Elf was a) schooled by Aizen, no doubt and b) not THAT bad after all? Yeah... sure...
I love that show...
Last edited by Skyguardian; April 29, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
This seems like a show where I can get more entertained from the reactions rather than the show itself.
I only watched the first episode, and I'm glad that others share the sentiment as I do in seeing how bad the writing is:
First of all, we're introduced to so many characters that I doubt a third of them will be relevant to the plot.
Secondly, there was no world building whatsoever. World building provides the backbone in a sci-fi/fantasy, and everything else falls flat without it. Dorssia is ~*bad*~, but we're not really told why (unless my memory is faulty). And also, Haruto is Japanese even though Japan as a nation doesn't exist during this time? Whut?
Thirdly, Shoko's death was a really cheap plot device. If the writers wanted to have Haruto react, they could have easily had her be badly injured. I don't care about her character so her death wasn't sad at all. However, it turns out that she's alive (I don't care for spoilers) so I don't know why they proclaimed her be dead when they could have easily had her hurt or on the brink of death.
Finally, how in the world was Haruto able to operate Valvrave? It would make sense if his school trained students to control robots (albeit much smaller ones), but we were never shown that in the first episode.
At this point I think I'll continue to watch just to understand what everyone in this post is talking about.
You certainly should continue watching this show Asarii.
It's the best comedy Anime this season has to offer! \o/
@Asarii: It just gets worse, and it's hilarious. Before it all ends the Valvrave might transform into a flying spaghetti monster! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@Ju-da-su: I just pulled up that show is about and now I have to watch it.
Under normal circumstances I'd just ignore the plot and enjoy the rest...
But let me get this straight:
- ARUS is a bunch of cowards. How could they ever be a threat to Dorssia? They knuckle under a bunch of high school children!!! This Figaro guy might be the most useless leader ever.
- ARUS kidnapped Haruto who noticed he has to bite bare skin... They send ONE guy to guard him... ONE.
- Studet Council... Holy crap what the hell... "No we won't believe you..." ... " She is stripping... She HAS to tell the truth!!! " ... Whut?
- Red haired NEET chick ... How the hell did NOBODY ever notice her there? It's not like the "camouflage" of her hideout was well made...
- A bunch of (retarded) students declaring independence... Why I think they are retarded? Well yeah they panicked... But they changed their opinion with every new spoken sentence!!! The teacher was totally useless like every adult there.
- Pi-man... Well he was just underwhelming again. But at least he couldn't perform magic tricks this time
- Haruto pushing the school somewhere... How is that possible? Am I supposed to believe a whole district there can live on it's own without energy from the rest of the artificial planet?
- Dorssia Have they stopped attacking just for the Lulz?
- Lovers quarrel "Oh no Haruto isn't picking up... He hates me... " This feels so out of place... Shoukos friends act totally normal too... Is that everydays live for space students?
I think the plot might have hit bottom. It can't get any worse now can it?
I don't see a problem with this one. Without the VVV he's just a regular kid, as far as they're aware. I mean obviously they didn't know the machine makes you into a vampire and that it would reject (& kill?) their chosen pilot.Quote:
I have no idea. At first I thought she was going to reveal some secret hidden who-knows-what on her body but she made that comment about proving she was "pure" (I should've listened for the Japanese there...). Bizarre. I suppose the idea was supposed to be that if she'll go so far she must be telling the truth (since she's the president of JIOR's daughter or some such). So.... let's have a fantease!Quote:
I think the idea here is that ARUS' presence is repelling them from that particular district. Weren't the earthquakes (during this ep, not the last one) supposed to be Dorssia attacking? At least, I think that's what pi-man (pi-boy?) said.Quote:
Yeah that was weird and awkward, but still not as much so as Haruto's "Shouko's alive! I'll just bliss out and be so oblivious to the fact my other classmate has a gun to her head that the hostage taker will be forced to turn his gun on me" moment.Quote:
I have to admit I enjoyed this ep and its Guilty Crown-esque "students beat the outside forces with their own guts and gusto" bit.Quote:
L-Elf even got to laugh so it can't be all bad, right?
Best part of the entire episode was "call me Moses".
Or maybe it was Haruto pulling a Spongebob and pushing the school bubble somewhere else. I can't imagine that being a good idea, but everything can happen in Valvrave.
Or Shoko's lewd striptease of truth...... I wonder if she learned that negotiation technique from her pops! *shot*
By the end of the episode I felt like Urafurafu/Pi-man was meant to mimic the feelings of you, the viewer with that "I can't believe this silly bs" laugh. (or at least that's how I took it)
This show is so ridiculous, I hope it never changes.
Last edited by Mango-chan; May 03, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
I'm not sure whether I like this show in spite, or because of, it's ridiculousness. My favorite part was when Yamada dodged gunfire from an automatic weapon, shot from near point blank range.
I made the mistake of looking at some pixiv fanart for a laugh after last week's ep and I came across a particular strip that seems to be forever making me look at Dorssia's leader funny. (It was a joke about him accidentally substituting something else in place of his eyepatch, one day. Something you might not notice the difference with, at first, but once you do...) Anyway, as soon as I saw him in those few moments at the start of this ep, I was laughing out loud. xD