Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kakumeiki Valvrave

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakumeiki Valvrave

I watched the latest three episodes so I can't comment on Episode 4 specifically since everything is a blur:
    1. What I don't understand is what makes these students so important that they are able to influence international affairs. It's just one average school, right?
    2. Haruto is a complete Gary Stu, and Shoko is becoming a Mary Sue as well.
    3. Why would L-Elf care that he betrayed his teammates when he was going to betray them anyway? It was funny how he took the long-haired girl hostage a few episodes back -who by the way is my favourite character in this ridiculous show- but Haruto just didn't care.
    4. Haruto (in L-Elf's body) killed a whole bunch of people to avenge Shoko's "death". Even after he finds out that she's actually alive, he holds no remorse for meaninglessly gunning down people.

I don't get why I'm trying to apply some logic to this show. The main problem I have is that it's trying too hard and doing too much: mecha action, school life, romance (NL for Haruto/Shoko & BL for Haruto/L-Elf), love triangle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    You certainly should continue watching this show Asarii.

It's the best comedy Anime this season has to offer! \o/
    I definitely will continue to watch. At least the show keeps me entertained like a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    @Asarii: It just gets worse, and it's hilarious. Before it all ends the Valvrave might transform into a flying spaghetti monster! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yes, it definitely does gets worse, and the latest episode is not helping matters. I was hoping it would improve, but I don't think it will ever happen.
    Last edited by Asarii; May 04, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed there are certainly L-Elf/Haruto fans on pixiv as one would expect, but there are a good number of L-Elf/Adlai/L-Elf fans as well...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What about L-Elf/Shoko?
    I've come up with a great theory as to why Valvrave is so Valrave. The entire student body of the academy consists of JIOR sleeper soldiers, and thus is actually JIOR's secret top-notch military base. It explains everything all the way down to the OP mech hidden under the school that only accepts Haruto (and possibly exclusively other students as it's pilot) and how almost every student is capable of dodging a bullet at point-blank range.
    Any why the entire bubble is packing a ton of heat. (as seen in episode 1)
    And why L-Elf was so tense in the school, as seen in episode one.
    And how a bunch of highschoolers are holding their own against two different armies and the school is the only JIOR bubble unsuccessfully conquered by space Nazis and 'Merica.
    And why everyone so easily obeyed Shoko, the PM's daughter. She has authority over everybody in the school because they're all programed to accept Shoko as their Queen bee in a crisis, obvs.

Who am I kidding, this is too deep to be the last twist of Valvrave.
    Last edited by Mango-chan; May 04, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds way too cool to be the actual Valvrave plot...

I fear we haven't seen the worst yet.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that some of the students might be "sleeper soldiers," because of that "Lieselotte" comment from ep 1, and the OP/ED looks like there may be more pilots besides the ones we've seen (but it's hard to tell who they are).

mango-chan has a good thing going there about why there should be a robot under the school and so on...

*edit*
    btw it sounds like a cool plot alright, but I have faith in VVV to try doing that and mess it up humorously as they have everything else.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I don't see a problem with this one. Without the VVV he's just a regular kid, as far as they're aware. I mean obviously they didn't know the machine makes you into a vampire and that it would reject (& kill?) their chosen pilot
    Well not that exactly, but still... One guard? Seems pretty optimistic.

Quote Quote:
    I think the idea here is that ARUS' presence is repelling them from that particular district. Weren't the earthquakes (during this ep, not the last one) supposed to be Dorssia attacking? At least, I think that's what pi-man (pi-boy?) said.
    But they vanished pretty fast. One attack hit the school, after that the sky remained blue.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah that was weird and awkward, but still not as much so as Haruto's "Shouko's alive! I'll just bliss out and be so oblivious to the fact my other classmate has a gun to her head that the hostage taker will be forced to turn his gun on me" moment.
    I just had to rewatch that scene. Priceless!
    Even the hostage must've felt pretty annoyed.

Quote Quote:
    I have to admit I enjoyed this ep and its Guilty Crown-esque "students beat the outside forces with their own guts and gusto" bit.

L-Elf even got to laugh so it can't be all bad, right?
    Actually I think Guilty Grown was way better than... this...

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    My favorite part was when Yamada dodged gunfire from an automatic weapon, shot from near point blank range.
    You can't do that?
    I thought this was pretty basic.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 is out!

Whoever painted giant naked chicks everywhere and re-opened the ero-theater is a true hero of JIOR.
    Other than that episode 5 is probably the only Valvrave episode that will ever be halfway logical. (or I'm really tired, I'll let everyone else decide if ep 5 is living up to the Valvrave standard)

Spoiler show

Even if my Valvrave theory is wrong it's my headcannon until proven otherwise. A lot can happen in a 2-cour show!
    Last edited by Mango-chan; May 09, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I just had to rewatch that scene. Priceless!
    Even the hostage must've felt pretty annoyed.
    I think ep 5 has just burned away the remaining shreds of doubt I had as to whether these people are serious, but I have to go back and rewatch that again (yes, I checked it again before because I wanted to understand WTF he was doing) just for laughs...

Quote Quote:
    Actually I think Guilty Grown was way better than... this...
    Guilty Crown was definitely taking itself seriously and even if the main hero and heroine were both annoying to a lot of people, and the ending was a bit of a mess, you mainly understood what they were doing and where they were trying to go. This show seems like an all-out parody that's somehow pretending to take itself seriously??? The closest they've come to breaking down the 4th wall (which would be the final clincher) is Saki, of all people, winking and singing that "we are the heroes of our lives" bit though. I don't think I've ever seen an anime that *seemed* to take itself so seriously and yet had so much WTFery in it... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    Episode 5 is out!

Whoever painted giant naked chicks everywhere and re-opened the ero-theater is a true hero of JIOR.
    Other than that episode 5 is probably the only Valvrave episode that will ever be halfway logical. (or I'm really tired, I'll let everyone else decide if ep 5 is living up to the Valvrave standard)
    This ep was pretty messed up, imo. I mean okay I understand a bunch of kids and two responsibility-shirking teachers don't care about frying all of the module's energy reserves, but everything but that? Totally ridic.

• Lesbian Mascot Girl (you know, boob grabber/wet tee photo shooter...) suggestively licking ice cream while suggestively dressed reminds me of a R-18 fanartwork I accidentally saw that I wish wish wish I could scrub from my brain now. D:
    • Yuri Photo Shoot
    • Fight! Fight! Bite!
    • "Liberation! The Musical"
    • Valv-Rainbow!
    • Blackmail Kiss!
    • Robogoddess: "Kore wa Sekkusu?"
    • Random shifty looks from ERU-ERUFU the stalker

This show, seriously, it's just to die for. (Ask Haruto.)

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show

Even if my Valvrave theory is wrong it's my headcannon until proven otherwise. A lot can happen in a 2-cour show!
    I'd be all for that pairing if it looked the least bit believable on both sides, but Haruto doesn't seem to want to bite (...again. ). I like L-Elf/Adlai better anyway. They make a really adorable pairing in the fanart, but I need background on the two of them!!!!

As for Saki, that came right outta left field for me. After he was kinda prepared to let her get shot right in front of his eyes, I didn't think she'd be all dazzled by Haruto's Hero Halo. Oh well. But at least her dreams of becoming a vampire seem to be on their way to coming true!
    Last edited by kannazuki; May 10, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but enjoy this show.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jingle bells will never be the same. Every week this series tops itself. A musical number? Why not?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kannazuki: lolololo I really should re-watch ep5 sometime.

Episode six: Ekistics =lewd. : D Missed the last five minutes because my video player locked up, but that just gives me more incentive to watch it on Crunchyroll later.

Another episode somehow more ridiculous than the last one. I can't decide if Saki spending her EXP on becoming a psychotic bodysurfing slut is a great idea.... or best idea.

Spoiler show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, even better than Saki's "star power gauge" was her glee at the beginning... at being a bat.

*edit*

All those pink explosions deserve an honourable mention too.
    Last edited by kannazuki; May 17, 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the first few eps of this but Saki just annoyed the heck outta me in 6. I quite liked her at first, but now she seems so... childish, I guess.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragna2400 View Post
    I enjoyed the first few eps of this but Saki just annoyed the heck outta me in 6. I quite liked her at first, but now she seems so... childish, I guess.
    MTE. I liked her for being the only character in the show with some common sense, but now she's completely nonsensical.

I have to say that the action scenes are well done no matter how crazy the plot gets.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see nothing wrong with Saki's behavior. She's immortal, she can kick it yolo style forever. The bat comment was so bad I erased it from my memory though. It was too cheesy even by my own questionable standards. I'm.... I think Valvrave is a pretty good show in it's own way.

"Teacher how did you get in this heavily locked down kitchen?!"
    "I'M A PHYSICIST." Sounds legit.

I'm curious about the 200 years later scene at the beginning of episode 7. Is the show going to start bouncing between the present and future, or has the entire show so far actually been a flashback?

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast