Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Kakumeiki Valvrave

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakumeiki Valvrave

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    I'm curious about the 200 years later scene at the beginning of episode 7. Is the show going to start bouncing between the present and future, or has the entire show so far actually been a flashback?
    It's probably just Saki dreaming. She's all alone in the big universe, left with some bad guys. Of course she would start to imagine an entertaining childhood where she could live her wicked understanding of being a star

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I see nothing wrong with Saki's behavior. She's immortal, she can kick it yolo style forever. The bat comment was so bad I erased it from my memory though. It was too cheesy even by my own questionable standards. I'm.... I think Valvrave is a pretty good show in it's own way.

"Teacher how did you get in this heavily locked down kitchen?!"
    "I'M A PHYSICIST." Sounds legit.

I'm curious about the 200 years later scene at the beginning of episode 7. Is the show going to start bouncing between the present and future, or has the entire show so far actually been a flashback?
    Huh? 200 years later? I remember a scene from her childhood in ep 6 but I'm lost when it comes to the "200 years ago" thing. Maybe I missed the real beginning of ep 7? I just saw her fighting the baddies from ep 6 (I think?) at the beginning in her fancy Valvrave.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It's probably just Saki dreaming. She's all alone in the big universe, left with some bad guys. Of course she would start to imagine an entertaining childhood where she could live her wicked understanding of being a star
    I suppose I was wrong to just assume it was more of her fight from ep 6 (added in without context like a boss)?

*edit*
    OK I just did a quick rewatch of that one scene, which I apparently forgot all dialogue from as well as the fact that Saki looks "older" (but not 200 years older, lol). I remember now that the first time I was wondering about whether she was passed on some mission that came from someone from 200 yrs ago and the VVV units are from back then too (hence the "relic" comment). But maybe it's the future and the other "7 legends" are gone too? Oh well whatever. Adds a layer of interest though, which is fine w/ me...
    Last edited by kannazuki; May 25, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9 has left me so stoked I can't come up with any words for anything.

Spoiler show

@Naruto-niichan: That would be the biggest disappointment ever! Or the final episode's credits are everyone wrapping up their school festival blockbustin' film "Valvrave the Liberator". You would be able to hear the faint sound of rustling jimmies from the moon as Sunrise laughs their way to the bank.

And on the topic of future Saki's valvrave, it's got a different logo on it than the present-time (or past?) valveraves.
    Last edited by Mango-chan; June 06, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@mango-chan: You mean the whole show being a flashback prediction, or...? Sorry, I'm not feeling well today...

Well I'm still enjoying VVV. Nothing much to say except every time I start to take this show semi-seriously these last couple of eps, ghost Aina appears and I lose it all over again. I mean part of me was a little angry she had to die in the first place (cheap, easy drama) but at least there is a character we now know did love her and another character who probably did (not sure what Yamada was on about, tbh). The glowing ghost of little Miss Sakurai is somehow harming her memory imo. The whole "Thunder" thing is corny as hell too.

But at least now I'm curious about what the Valvraves are. Someone on another forum recently speculated they were centuries-old vampire-like creatures/holy beings/whatever that were fused with the mechas somehow and that Cain is one of them. By how Cain was talking both last time and this time, it sounds like that person might be right.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole "the school module is a JIOR military base" half-joke speculation I came up with after episode 4. My brain stuttered to a halt a little seeing it get confirmed to Hielerafu by the Physics teacher.

I agree about the death of Glasses being cheap drama, but I also find it amusing she didn't become a big character until she died via Blue becoming a Valvrave pilot. Same goes for whoever Thunder is fighting for, I haven't the slightest idea who they are/were at all. Maybe they existed off-screen.

The idea on the Valvraves sounds pretty legit. Cain is the guy with the green crystal in a birdcage and bulky eyepatch always talking about the Valvraves right? It would be a fantastically weird twist for VVV-tan to be his sister synthesized into a philosopher stone thing powering Valvraves and stuff against her will.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how Haruto controlling the Valvrave was considered a big deal, but now a lot of his classmates could do it to.

I admit I don't watch the show as closely anymore so I'm not really sure what's going on in the storyline tbh. I love putting it on as background noise and hearing the characters freak out though.

I agree about the death of Glasses being cheap drama, but I also find it amusing she didn't become a big character until she died via Blue becoming a Valvrave pilot.
    The bolded made me LOL. I had no idea what her name was until she died.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole "the school module is a JIOR military base" half-joke speculation I came up with after episode 4. My brain stuttered to a halt a little seeing it get confirmed to Hielerafu by the Physics teacher.
    Ohhhh. Well then you nailed that.

Quote Quote:
    I agree about the death of Glasses being cheap drama, but I also find it amusing she didn't become a big character until she died via Blue becoming a Valvrave pilot. Same goes for whoever Thunder is fighting for, I haven't the slightest idea who they are/were at all. Maybe they existed off-screen.
    Thunder's been in "wannabe-mode" since at least the 3:14 episode if not earlier so I was kind of expecting him to get a VVV. Blue makes sense in retrospect. But it was too subtle considering how in-your-face the rest of the show operates.

Quote Quote:
    The idea on the Valvraves sounds pretty legit. Cain is the guy with the green crystal in a birdcage and bulky eyepatch always talking about the Valvraves right? It would be a fantastically weird twist for VVV-tan to be his sister synthesized into a philosopher stone thing powering Valvraves and stuff against her will.
    Yep, Cain is captain eyepatch. (btw I saw a really hilarious fanart on pixiv where someone noticed his eyepatch was "different" that day and then realized it was actually one of the Dorssian soldiers' underwear. I haven't been able to unsee that mental image of what his eyepatch is made of ever since I saw that ages ago, lol...) I suspect he has one eye covered because he'd be all vampire-y otherwise or sth. (Oh speaking of which Saki should go all monster movie by now, shouldn't she?)

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    The bolded made me LOL. I had no idea what her name was until she died.
    I keep hearing people's names but then forgetting them 5 minutes later. XD

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the last episode...

lulz at that sex scene, what a totally weird and forced way to move the plot And here I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Just watched the last episode...

lulz at that sex scene, what a totally weird and forced way to move the plot And here I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous
    I don't understand why Rukino didn't punch him to the face. I hate her now.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was problematic as all get out and I don't feel like talking about it here but I think she was supposed to be portrayed as *sacrificing* herself. (So many people have said they hate her so easily until now it makes me sad to see another say the same, especially after she got raped.)

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna lie: I loved this series. It was so over top, outlandish, crazy, and it was so much fun. I can't wait for season two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That last episode was awesome! I am really looking forward to watch the 2nd season.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5