Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kakumeiki Valvrave

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakumeiki Valvrave

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Think the other way around. If they already have such an inconsistency in the first episode already, what can you expect from such writers in the future?
    Besides about Haruto, i laughed the most about the black haired class mate who was texting all the time. The girl Haruto was in love with literally just died (or not, who knows), and her comment was "just accept it already and move on".
    As I said, I fear another Guilty Crown but still. I will watch at least the next episode. If it keeping building up such a story without well written characters I'll drop it.
    And yes I had to laugh about that too... Like nothing happened or anything...
    For me, Haruto is Ouma Shuu 2.0

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New episode is out.
    This show is a train wreck leaping over a shark, for real. I'm probably going to watch this show to the very end just for kicks.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh. I'm about the same as you there, Mango-chan. I'm oddly compelled to watch this train get smashed up some more.

This series is shaping up to be Guilty Crown's Greatest Hits or something...

Guilty Crown spoilers!
    Spoiler show

Puella Madoka Magicka spoilers!
    Spoiler show

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1

I haven’t watched “Guilty Crown” so I didn’t have anything to compare this first episode with. About the episode itself, it was okay. It caught enough of my interest to make want to watch the next episode. But the part I enjoyed the most about this first episode was the seiyuu, this series has an amazing cast!!

I don’t know what to expect about this series, but I have learned to never judge an anime by its first episode so I’ll watch the 2nd episode before deciding if I should continue watching this anime.

P.S. I really liked the OP song.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really not a bad show, I've been enjoying it. It's a little cliche, a little silly, and kind of emo in the way that only a mecha anime can be. But it is fun and entertaining, the action scenes are very well done and exciting. I actually am curious what happens next, which is enough for me. It's the type of show that Gurren Lagann was parodying, but I am entertained, and that is enough.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    This series is shaping up to be Guilty Crown's Greatest Hits or something...
    All of GC weakpoints gathered in merely two episodes... Now THAT is an impressive accomplishment.

Okay I'm gonna stop with the comparision but still. This plot is nuts.

I don't even know where to begin. First, the main char is... stupid. His actions don't make ANY kind of sense. First he was a wuss, after that he became a killing mashine. Now he is a wuss again.
    How did Shoko survive this? The whole area around that car was vaporized!
    Last but not least... the evil guy turned good for two minutes and became evil again right after. His comrades are lunatics who snap and don't even bother to ask questions.

It's not like I dislike the usage of german Language in Anime. On the contrary... But this... I mean the half evil guy is called L-11... And his friends Q-4 and H-9... What the...

The animation is good, the OST is great and the Opening song is very nice.

I won't drop this. Just for the lulz.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 21, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When you think about it, the last ep was actually really funny. WTF is up with Haruto ignoring the poor long-haired classmate having a gun to her head to the point that L-Elf has to start pointing a gun at *his* head instead? And then he gets the call from from Shouko in space and is all mushy until he realizes he's been doing all this for nothing. LOLWUT? xD

Also, is it just me or does it not seem like the Dorssian commander with the dark hair is being portrayed as an almost good guy? Absolutely nothing has been done to make him out as having not-so-lofty *individual* motives-- only JIOR being conquered, which for all we know isn't something he wanted to do...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 is out.
    This show. Just.... this show. If you're not grinning and shaking your head after every episode I don't know what you're sticking around for. We've got mechs committing harakiri, space nazis, and space ships being taken down by smoke bombs of all things. I guess America eyeballs it when it comes to traveling the darkness of space or something.
    And L-Elf's super master plan, oh man. I guess we can start calling him "Pi-man".

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... THAT's why that 3:14 was bugging me. xD

Ridiculous series but the ep was actually kind of enjoyable this time, dare I say.

The smoke bomb thing was a def WTF for me tho...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the real kicker is.... I can't really recall 3.14 being of any importance in the show at all. It just comes out of nowhere like a missed brick joke. Maybe from here on out there will always be a 3.14 somewhere in sight whenever Pi-man does something too legit for scientific laws. How did he rig up those explosives while chilling in that room for 17 minutes, and how did he survive that fall? ..... how is he breathing in a spaceship loading dock? 3.14, baby.

I wonder when that girl that like looks kinda like Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening is going to show up. She has such an uncanny resemblance to the Valvrave I can only conclude she's a space witch powering the Valvrave/slowly body-jacking Haruto, or she's the core of that thing powering stuff mentioned in episode one and the space Nazis want her dead.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ready for Dorsia revolution, anyone? I know I am. *grabs popcorn* L-11, what do you have in mind just from thinking he's not....normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    How did he rig up those explosives while chilling in that room for 17 minutes, and how did he survive that fall? ..... how is he breathing in a spaceship loading dock? 3.14, baby.
    When it comes to these defying real logic anime scenarios, I just and go, "hey, it's anime! It can happen! If a mecha injects you with something that makes you lose your humanity, it happened!"
    Last edited by tgirl; April 27, 2013 at 01:19 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the real kicker is.... I can't really recall 3.14 being of any importance in the show at all. It just comes out of nowhere like a missed brick joke. Maybe from here on out there will always be a 3.14 somewhere in sight whenever Pi-man does something too legit for scientific laws. How did he rig up those explosives while chilling in that room for 17 minutes, and how did he survive that fall? ..... how is he breathing in a spaceship loading dock? 3.14, baby.

I wonder when that girl that like looks kinda like Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening is going to show up. She has such an uncanny resemblance to the Valvrave I can only conclude she's a space witch powering the Valvrave/slowly body-jacking Haruto, or she's the core of that thing powering stuff mentioned in episode one and the space Nazis want her dead.
    LOL... the entire scene was a raging monsoon of WTF, right down to "the answer will be behind you." And apparently this is a plan he (or someone else?) had come up with in advance?

I'm not familiar with FEA. Is it good? (& I'm assuming you mean the long-haired robot mistress?)

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    Ready for Dorsia revolution, anyone? I know I am. *grabs popcorn* L-11, what do you have in mind just from thinking he's not....normal?

When it comes to these defying real logic anime scenarios, I just and go, "hey, it's anime! It can happen! If a mecha injects you with something that makes you lose your humanity, it happened!"
    As far as I've seen, generally, anime writers follow the most basic rules of writing (so as not to piss off viewers). Even if it's cheap and laughable, they usually will at least have a situation/character-specific excuse (say L-Elf is a cyborg and so can survive long falls and small jaunts through airlocks even though they'd kill ordinary humans), or some kind of internal logic that only works in that series' world (e.g.: heat that melts gold not melting rubber in OP: because it's devil fruit rubber) for implausible happenings. Valvrave's writers, as far as we've seen so far, apparently feel they're above doing so and it's really testing the structural integrity of my suspension of disbelief. ^_^;

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How did he rig up those explosives while chilling in that room for 17 minutes, and how did he survive that fall? ..... how is he breathing in a spaceship loading dock? 3.14, baby.
    That made me laugh hard

In a sense the show reminds me of Code Geass, the level of ridicoulusness is so high that you're able to bear with and enjoy it. CG had it's serious moments though and a much more believable main character, at least in the first season.

Well I'm willing to forgive the show because somehow I just enjoy it. Like I said, it doesn't appear like a show that is trying hard to be realistic or deliver deep thoughts but instead delivers a ridiculous, fun ride. So I will most likely watch this until the end, for the fun alone.

On a totally unrelated note, I hate how the japanese seem to always butcher german They should just work together with a native german who learned japanese or something like this because absolutely no one here would say "Blitzenregen"... at least it should be "Blitzregen" and even that would be a very unusual word here in germany. "Waffe" is plain weird too, as that just translates to "Weapon". Giving that name to units is stupid, somehow.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto-niichan, have you seek "K"? As opposed to the weird random made up words you mention, people actually speak what's supposed to be native German with Japanese accents. It's exactly the same thing they do with English in the same show. Accents are perfectly cool if the language isn't one's first, but it's kinda weird to have native Germans/English speakers voiced with Japanese accents. You're lucky if they get someone to check if it's grammatically correct, but even if they do, I guess they can't afford to get coaching for people to pronounce most things correctly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    As far as I've seen, generally, anime writers follow the most basic rules of writing (so as not to piss off viewers). Even if it's cheap and laughable, they usually will at least have a situation/character-specific excuse (say L-Elf is a cyborg and so can survive long falls and small jaunts through airlocks even though they'd kill ordinary humans), or some kind of internal logic that only works in that series' world (e.g.: heat that melts gold not melting rubber in OP: because it's devil fruit rubber) for implausible happenings. Valvrave's writers, as far as we've seen so far, apparently feel they're above doing so and it's really testing the structural integrity of my suspension of disbelief. ^_^;
    Well, I suspend my belief for just about ANY fantasy/sci-fi story regardless of whether the hero jumps 2 feet or 50 stories from a building. So many people jumped from telephone poles in "X" (the manga) that you just roll your eyes when some psychic person blows up a building. No matter how ridiculous a scene looks, I take it as it is with a flow. If it's what the writers want you to see, I fully accept it a 100% Bourne Identity style.

Edit: Which reminds me, some people are trying to apply realistic theories to the movie "Oblivion" (as to how certain things ended up that way) that I can only sigh and say, "It's only a movie."
    Last edited by tgirl; April 27, 2013 at 09:23 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast