Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    I was reading through some older chapters when I stumbled upon a panel of Jiraiya telling Naruto not to use "that jutsu". This was at the beginning of the 'Save Gaara Arc'. It bugged me that I couldn't remember what jutsu Jiraiya was referring to so I thought I'd post it as a question here so I can get it out of my mind.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    While Naruto and Jiraiya where away, Jiraiya tried to teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi, but it didn't work out so well and Naruto kept on losing control.

    When Jiraiya returned Naruto to Konoha he warned him "and don't even think about using that jutsu". A bit later we saw Naruto go on a Kyuubi rampage and hurting Sakura.

    Later it was said "the key" Minato left behind is also Naruto's ticket to mastering "that jutsu", and soon afterwards he finally obtained his purified chakra shroud. Since then "that jutsu" has never been mentioned again, so if you ask me "that jutsu" is simply Naruto's glow worm mode.

    Some people will argue thats not a jutsu but a state. Keep in mind though in Kabuto's case "that jutsu" turned out to be Sage Mode, which also isn't really a jutsu per se.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    While Naruto and Jiraiya where away, Jiraiya tried to teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi, but it didn't work out so well and Naruto kept on losing control.

    When Jiraiya returned Naruto to Konoha he warned him "and don't even think about using that jutsu". A bit later we saw Naruto go on a Kyuubi rampage and hurting Sakura.

    Later it was said "the key" Minato left behind is also Naruto's ticket to mastering "that jutsu", and soon afterwards he finally obtained his purified chakra shroud. Since then "that jutsu" has never been mentioned again, so if you ask me "that jutsu" is simply Naruto's glow worm mode.

    Some people will argue thats not a jutsu but a state. Keep in mind though in Kabuto's case "that jutsu" turned out to be Sage Mode, which also isn't really a jutsu per se.
    I honestly think it was Kishimoto trying to excite everyone after the time skip. Since clearly the 3 years of training did nothing... other than odama rasengan. I think Kishi was trying not to make the 3 years seem like a waste because a week with kakashi did more for naruto than 3 years with Jiraya. When Naruto used odama rasengan on the 30% itachi clone he was already using the kyuubi's chakra so one could argue that it was due to the strain ORasengan has on naruto's chakra and that IT is 'that jutsu' for arguments sake. However the most logical answer would be yours, and the most probable was unplanned writing by Kishi himself.
    Last edited by Jabman; April 13, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Maybe it's just an abandoned story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  7. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    While Naruto and Jiraiya where away, Jiraiya tried to teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi, but it didn't work out so well and Naruto kept on losing control.

    When Jiraiya returned Naruto to Konoha he warned him "and don't even think about using that jutsu". A bit later we saw Naruto go on a Kyuubi rampage and hurting Sakura.

    Later it was said "the key" Minato left behind is also Naruto's ticket to mastering "that jutsu", and soon afterwards he finally obtained his purified chakra shroud. Since then "that jutsu" has never been mentioned again, so if you ask me "that jutsu" is simply Naruto's glow worm mode.

    Some people will argue thats not a jutsu but a state. Keep in mind though in Kabuto's case "that jutsu" turned out to be Sage Mode, which also isn't really a jutsu per se.
    Ah I see! That makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    I honestly think it was Kishimoto trying to excite everyone after the time skip. Since clearly the 3 years of training did nothing... other than odama rasengan. I think Kishi was trying not to make the 3 years seem like a waste because a week with kakashi did more for naruto than 3 years with Jiraya. When Naruto used odama rasengan on the 30% itachi clone he was already using the kyuubi's chakra so one could argue that it was due to the strain ORasengan has on naruto's chakra and that IT is 'that jutsu' for arguments sake. However the most logical answer would be yours, and the most probable was unplanned writing by Kishi himself.
    Not at all. Naruto's lack of control of the Kyuubi's chakra had always gotten in the way of his overall growth. The three years spent with Jiraiya were important stepping stones to learning how to control its powers. It also gave Naruto a better grasp of the basics, so it's not strange that he didn't develop any new overwhelming jutsus.

  8. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Ah I see! That makes sense.

    Not at all. Naruto's lack of control of the Kyuubi's chakra had always gotten in the way of his overall growth. The three years spent with Jiraiya were important stepping stones to learning how to control its powers. It also gave Naruto a better grasp of the basics, so it's not strange that he didn't develop any new overwhelming jutsus.
    Well you can't deny that after the time-skip his control of the kyuubi's power wasn't better since nothing suggests so. For the sake of the argument I'll say it stayed the same however in reality it actually deteriorated since it clearly says so in the manga. That the seal Minato placed was weakening.

    Also Naruto did in fact improve during the 3 years however an excuse like to better his grasp of the basics wont cut it. It was 3 years. Other than chakra control and improvement in taijutsu what else did he really improve in. His strategy remains the same as they did when he fought Neji, Kimimaro, Sasuke. He just makes shadow clones and they poof. Not to bash naruto but the fact that a week training under kakashi and yamato was more help to naruto than 3 years with jiraya is not baseless and is obvious. And to dig even further, it was non other than kakashi teaching naruto the basics. Naruto still had no idea what type of chakara he was. You'd think finding the nature of your chakra was as basic as it gets but even that was left out. I don't need any mind-blowing career-ending jutsu but just basic jutsu that complement the nature of your chakra. Just like how sasuke's fire jutsu's complement his chakra nature.

    I understand that naruto is no genius and the kyuubi chakra hinders his growth but the fact that kakashi was able to get results from him without the help of any basics he learned from previous days but rather teaching naruto how to improve from zero in a new world of ninja science he had never heard of in the past (chakra nature) and a genius strategy to help him out with the training and into making an amazing jutsu really says something about the 3 years spent with jiraya.
    Last edited by Jabman; April 13, 2013 at 03:42 AM.

  9. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    Well you can't deny that after the time-skip his control of the kyuubi's power wasn't better since nothing suggests so. For the sake of the argument I'll say it stayed the same however in reality it actually deteriorated since it clearly says so in the manga. That the seal Minato placed was weakening.

    Also Naruto did in fact improve during the 3 years however an excuse like to better his grasp of the basics wont cut it. It was 3 years. Other than chakra control and improvement in taijutsu what else did he really improve in. His strategy remains the same as they did when he fought Neji, Kimimaro, Sasuke. He just makes shadow clones and they poof. Not to bash naruto but the fact that a week training under kakashi and yamato was more help to naruto than 3 years with jiraya is not baseless and is obvious. And to dig even further, it was non other than kakashi teaching naruto the basics. Naruto still had no idea what type of chakara he was. You'd think finding the nature of your chakra was as basic as it gets but even that was left out. I don't need any mind-blowing career-ending jutsu but just basic jutsu that complement the nature of your chakra. Just like how sasuke's fire jutsu's complement his chakra nature.

    I understand that naruto is no genius and the kyuubi chakra hinders his growth but the fact that kakashi was able to get results from him without the help of any basics he learned from previous days but rather teaching naruto how to improve from zero in a new world of ninja science he had never heard of in the past (chakra nature) and a genius strategy to help him out with the training and into making an amazing jutsu really says something about the 3 years spent with jiraya.
    I do agree that he didn't improve much during the three years spent with Jiraiya. What I meant, and the way I've always looked at it, was that Jiraiya mainly wanted a better understanding of how the Kyuubi affected him as a whole and consequently help Naruto control the Kyuubi (this was also hinted at when he was talking to the frog key). Already back when Jiraiya taught him how to summon the frogs, he tried to push Naruto to his limits and pull the Kyuubi chakra out. Based on the fact that Naruto turned into 4 tails during their training, I'd say he was doing something similar then. I think Jiraiya was the reason for the seal weakning. It doesn't seem like he was taught any new jutsus, yet something must have caused his 4-tails transformation. Overall, I must say that it's been poorly elaborated on by Kishimoto. There have hardly been any flashbacks showing us what it was that they were doing. However, based on subsequent discussions with Jiraiya, it does seem like he

  10. #8
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    "That jutsu" hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. It's all still speculation as to whether it's control of Kyuubi or using Kyuubi's power for a jutsu, possibly for something like a bijuu bomb or bijuu rasengan or something. Though if Jiraiya was telling Naruto not to use "that jutsu," it could be related to the Kyuubi's chakra.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #9
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I do agree that he didn't improve much during the three years spent with Jiraiya. What I meant, and the way I've always looked at it, was that Jiraiya mainly wanted a better understanding of how the Kyuubi affected him as a whole and consequently help Naruto control the Kyuubi (this was also hinted at when he was talking to the frog key). Already back when Jiraiya taught him how to summon the frogs, he tried to push Naruto to his limits and pull the Kyuubi chakra out. Based on the fact that Naruto turned into 4 tails during their training, I'd say he was doing something similar then. I think Jiraiya was the reason for the seal weakning. It doesn't seem like he was taught any new jutsus, yet something must have caused his 4-tails transformation. Overall, I must say that it's been poorly elaborated on by Kishimoto. There have hardly been any flashbacks showing us what it was that they were doing. However, based on subsequent discussions with Jiraiya, it does seem like he
    I see, and I agree with you on that note. I also think that he wanted more than anything to be by naruto's side because Akatsuki were obviously looking for him.

  13. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Jabman dude, completely off-topic, but why do you insist in writing with bold characters? It hurts my eyes. Almost like ALLCAPS.

  14. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    Jabman dude, completely off-topic, but why do you insist in writing with bold characters? It hurts my eyes. Almost like ALLCAPS.
    haha I donno man It's how I've been posting in forums for years

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    "That jutsu" hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. It's all still speculation as to whether it's control of Kyuubi or using Kyuubi's power for a jutsu, possibly for something like a bijuu bomb or bijuu rasengan or something. Though if Jiraiya was telling Naruto not to use "that jutsu," it could be related to the Kyuubi's chakra.
    On the other hand, even if it hasn't been confirmed beyond all doubt, it is extremely improbable that Naruto has a trump card that he's been holding on to, seeing as he fought the 9-tails, Pain, Madara etc.

  16. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    On the other hand, even if it hasn't been confirmed beyond all doubt, it is extremely improbable that Naruto has a trump card that he's been holding on to, seeing as he fought the 9-tails, Pain, Madara etc.
    True, and which further supports my claim that it was just to get us excited about something the author himself may have forgotten about.

  17. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    True, and which further supports my claim that it was just to get us excited about something the author himself may have forgotten about.
    Haha, well that certainly does seem to be the case. Orochimaru told Sasuke not to use 'that jutsu' in the same arc and even that has not been confirmed yet, although it did look like Kirin. I guess Kishimoto decided to scrap them both.

  18. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Haha, well that certainly does seem to be the case. Orochimaru told Sasuke not to use 'that jutsu' in the same arc and even that has not been confirmed yet, although it did look like Kirin. I guess Kishimoto decided to scrap them both.
    Sasuke's Jutsu was Kirin.

    Anyway as for what "that jutsu" is, we don't know yet. We know it isn't mastery over Kurama but the justu requires the mastery of Kurama which Naruto gained recently.
    We know it isn't Buuji Bomb because Naruto was completely clueless as to what Buuji Bomb was even.
    & Kishi wouldn't have forgotten about it. It would be crazy considering he brought the subject ("that justsu") to our attention right before Naruto went to Killerbee to master Kurama. Naruto knows "that Jutsu", he knows how to perform "that justu" but to perfect "that justsu" he would need mastery over Kurama (which he has now).

    Honestly though, Kishi should stop teasing with these vague teams. "That", "That justu", "Him", "He who knows all" & bla bla bla lol
    The extensive use of those can be annoying (that goes for other artists too lol).

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts