Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69

Thread: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Sasuke's Jutsu was Kirin.

    Anyway as for what "that jutsu" is, we don't know yet. We know it isn't mastery over Kurama but the justu requires the mastery of Kurama which Naruto gained recently.
    We know it isn't Buuji Bomb because Naruto was completely clueless as to what Buuji Bomb was even.
    & Kishi wouldn't have forgotten about it. It would be crazy considering he brought the subject ("that justsu") to our attention right before Naruto went to Killerbee to master Kurama. Naruto knows "that Jutsu", he knows how to perform "that justu" but to perfect "that justsu" he would need mastery over Kurama (which he has now).

    Honestly though, Kishi should stop teasing with these vague teams. "That", "That justu", "Him", "He who knows all" & bla bla bla lol
    The extensive use of those can be annoying (that goes for other artists too lol).

    That was never confirmed. Kirin needs thunder clouds so that it works yet it was bright and sunny when sasuke was going to use "that jutsu" also if there are no thunder clouds sasuke would make some by firing Katon jutsu's into the sky like he did against Itachi but again never did so before using "that jutsu"


    Quote Quote:
    Anyway as for what "that jutsu" is, we don't know yet. We know it isn't mastery over Kurama but the justu requires the mastery of Kurama which Naruto gained recently.
    We know it isn't Buuji Bomb because Naruto was completely clueless as to what Buuji Bomb was even.
    & Kishi wouldn't have forgotten about it. It would be crazy considering he brought the subject ("that justsu") to our attention right before Naruto went to Killerbee to master Kurama. Naruto knows "that Jutsu", he knows how to perform "that justu" but to perfect "that justsu" he would need mastery over Kurama (which he has now).

    Honestly though, Kishi should stop teasing with these vague teams. "That", "That justu", "Him", "He who knows all" & bla bla bla lol
    The extensive use of those can be annoying (that goes for other artists too lol).

    kishi didn't bring the subject of "that jutsu" right before naruto went to killer Bee. He brought it up hundreds of chapters earlier right after the time-skip which is why it is likely he had forgotten or more logically just decided to scrap up the possibility. Like many have said it is extremely unlikely naruto still has a trump card up his sleeve because he's been on the brink of death countless times where a trump card could have been used. It is not the first time an author abandons or forgets. It's happened before in other long running manga series as well.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    Well you can't deny that after the time-skip his control of the kyuubi's power wasn't better since nothing suggests so. For the sake of the argument I'll say it stayed the same however in reality it actually deteriorated since it clearly says so in the manga. That the seal Minato placed was weakening.

    Also Naruto did in fact improve during the 3 years however an excuse like to better his grasp of the basics wont cut it. It was 3 years. Other than chakra control and improvement in taijutsu what else did he really improve in. His strategy remains the same as they did when he fought Neji, Kimimaro, Sasuke. He just makes shadow clones and they poof. Not to bash naruto but the fact that a week training under kakashi and yamato was more help to naruto than 3 years with jiraya is not baseless and is obvious. And to dig even further, it was non other than kakashi teaching naruto the basics. Naruto still had no idea what type of chakara he was. You'd think finding the nature of your chakra was as basic as it gets but even that was left out. I don't need any mind-blowing career-ending jutsu but just basic jutsu that complement the nature of your chakra. Just like how sasuke's fire jutsu's complement his chakra nature.

    I understand that naruto is no genius and the kyuubi chakra hinders his growth but the fact that kakashi was able to get results from him without the help of any basics he learned from previous days but rather teaching naruto how to improve from zero in a new world of ninja science he had never heard of in the past (chakra nature) and a genius strategy to help him out with the training and into making an amazing jutsu really says something about the 3 years spent with jiraya.
    gotta agree it is all because of writing ... i mean J-man trained nagato for three years and taught them elements nothing like that happened with Naruto ... Kishi has evolved (debatable, his writing was much more logical in the past) and some things have changed - for one the scale of jutsus is utterly different from those of in the past ... he added some sort of hax that naruto can learn fast enought yet not being genius (aka kage bunshin transfering wtf bullshit you can think of) .. I mean J-man had to know that ... why not at least make 3 years into 6? BS ...

    The reason that frist half of manga made sence was because he planned it after that he thought of the stroy as on the fly ... its obvious ... there are so many discrepancies it is getting ridiculous ... so at this point there is no THAT JUTSU imo
    Last edited by Murdock; April 16, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post

    That was never confirmed. Kirin needs thunder clouds so that it works yet it was bright and sunny when sasuke was going to use "that jutsu" also if there are no thunder clouds sasuke would make some by firing Katon jutsu's into the sky like he did against Itachi but again never did so before using "that jutsu"




    kishi didn't bring the subject of "that jutsu" right before naruto went to killer Bee. He brought it up hundreds of chapters earlier right after the time-skip which is why it is likely he had forgotten or more logically just decided to scrap up the possibility. Like many have said it is extremely unlikely naruto still has a trump card up his sleeve because he's been on the brink of death countless times where a trump card could have been used. It is not the first time an author abandons or forgets. It's happened before in other long running manga series as well.
    Stop thinking about this subject with pure memory. Too many of you individuals do that way too much & it can be annoying sometime reading & conversing with you lot if that is the way you do things because I know fully well that what is written by you lot is pure nonsense. People shouldn't say or do things they aren't sure of, that's why they should find out the facts for yourself though a realisable source & in this case, that is the manga.

    Kirin isn't a Jutsu that requires the sort of thunderclouds we saw at the end of Sasuke vs Itachi. The heating up of the atmosphere through amaterasu & fire balls through the sky were just a bonuses not necessity but bonuses that would greatly strengthen the power & range of the justsu. Besides, Sasuke can shot fireballs at the sky at anytime he pleased (not that he needed to).
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-396-6/n...apter-391.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-314-15/...apter-309.html

    Now on with the other point. Remember I said you shouldn't base things on memory? You have the facts, search for it & then apply it to your statements.
    Kishi DID bring up the subject to our attention right before Naruto travalled to train with Killerbee. It's a manga fact. It's merely a jutsu that needed the perfecting of Kurama & Naruto only learned that recently. Jiraiya had put specific restriction on him in regards to using that jutsu which is why Naruto wouldn't use it duh.
    Here, how about we let the toad who oftenly visited Naruto & Jiraiya during the time skip to tell you how it is http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...9-page-16.html or http://www.mangareader.net/93-49862-...apter-489.html or http://www.mangapanda.com/93-49862-1...apter-489.html
    Last edited by Kay3795; April 16, 2013 at 06:23 AM.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post

    That was never confirmed. Kirin needs thunder clouds so that it works yet it was bright and sunny when sasuke was going to use "that jutsu" also if there are no thunder clouds sasuke would make some by firing Katon jutsu's into the sky like he did against Itachi but again never did so before using "that jutsu"
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-311-3/n...apter-306.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-311-6/n...apter-306.html

    Look at the walls after the explosion, they are burned. The only logical conclusion is he used a Katon to blast open the roof of the hideout, just like here:

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-395-13/...apter-390.html

    Here he raises his hand to launch the jutsu:

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-314-15/...apter-309.html

    Compare the pose:

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-396-6/n...apter-391.html

    Imho it couldn't be anything else.

    In the anime it even started raining mere moments after Orochimaru & Co left... I actually thought it happened in the manga as well, but when I checked I was surprised it didn't x_X
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  7. #20
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,839
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    The jutsu Sasuke would have used on his old teammates isn't confirmed either. It's just assumed he was going to use kirin because the hand motion was the same as when he used it against Itachi.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Stop thinking about this subject with pure memory. Too many of you individuals do that way too much & it can be annoying sometime reading & conversing with you lot if that is the way you do things because I know fully well that what is written by you lot is pure nonsense. People shouldn't say or do things they aren't sure of, that's why they should find out the facts for yourself though a realisable source & in this case, that is the manga.

    Kirin isn't a Jutsu that requires the sort of thunderclouds we saw at the end of Sasuke vs Itachi. The heating up of the atmosphere through amaterasu & fire balls through the sky were just a bonuses not necessity but bonuses that would greatly strengthen the power & range of the justsu. Besides, Sasuke can shot fireballs at the sky at anytime he pleased (not that he needed to).
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-396-6/n...apter-391.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-314-15/...apter-309.html

    Now on with the other point. Remember I said you shouldn't base things on memory? You have the facts, search for it & then apply it to your statements.
    Kishi DID bring up the subject to our attention right before Naruto travalled to train with Killerbee. It's a manga fact. It's merely a jutsu that needed the perfecting of Kurama & Naruto only learned that recently. Jiraiya had put specific restriction on him in regards to using that jutsu which is why Naruto wouldn't use it duh.
    Here, how about we let the toad who oftenly visited Naruto & Jiraiya during the time skip to tell you how it is http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...9-page-16.html or http://www.mangareader.net/93-49862-...apter-489.html or http://www.mangapanda.com/93-49862-1...apter-489.html
    I stand corrected on naruto's "that jutsu". You've just answered the topic of this thread. And for that I say thanks since you've just put a topic I've been thinking about for sometime to rest

    However saying that Kirin is "that jutsu" is still not confirmed. The manga panels you posted did not suggest it was possible the way you claim it is. I am however leaning more towards the idea that it is in fact Kirin but there is still no confirmation and that remains a fact.

    PS, I'd also like to suggest that you calm your titts ...


    Quote Quote:
    Imho it couldn't be anything else.

    In the anime it even started raining mere moments after Orochimaru & Co left... I actually thought it happened in the manga as well, but when I checked I was surprised it didn't x_X

    It is very possible however still not confirmed. And it very well could be something else but I am kinda leaning towards the possibility that it is Kirin but will not know unless I see some sort of confirmation in the manga.
    Last edited by Jabman; April 16, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

  10. #22
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-311-3/n...apter-306.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-311-6/n...apter-306.html

    Look at the walls after the explosion, they are burned. The only logical conclusion is he used a Katon to blast open the roof of the hideout, just like here:

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-395-13/...apter-390.html
    The walls aren't burned.
    Kishi was simply trying to show that the hole is flooded with light and Naruto and co are in the dark. He did something similiar here: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-311-5/n...apter-306.html

  11. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Why would he draw light black and darkness white? Makes zero sense to me.

    Even in the link you've posted it looks like a mix of shadows and scorched rock to me.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  12. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Could you link the chapter/page where it is revealed that the "jutsu" requires mastery over the Kyuubi? I can't recall this 'fact' at all.

  13. #25
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Why would he draw light black and darkness white? Makes zero sense to me.

    Even in the link you've posted it looks like a mix of shadows and scorched rock to me.
    Not saying the dark stuff is the light. The area where Sai is standing is white. Then he uses the hatching for contrast. He should've used a screentones for the dark area (where Naruto is), but Kishimoto is lazy when it comes to tones.
    Anyhow, do you see anything burned here? (bottom right panel)
    And take a look here. Nothing is burned.

  14. #26
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,839
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Could you link the chapter/page where it is revealed that the "jutsu" requires mastery over the Kyuubi? I can't recall this 'fact' at all.
    I think when Jiraiya was talking to the scroll frog before he fought Pain? If I recall, he said how he thought Minato sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto in hopes he'd master that jutsu. or first arc of Shippuden before Team 7 left on a mission. Look at both, I guess.

  15. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think when Jiraiya was talking to the scroll frog before he fought Pain? If I recall, he said how he thought Minato sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto in hopes he'd master that jutsu. or first arc of Shippuden before Team 7 left on a mission. Look at both, I guess.
    Somehow, I managed to miss that there's a page 2 and I was actually replying to the last post of page 1. I just saw that a link had been posted showing Naruto's discussion with the 'frog key'.

    Just a fun fact, but if you look at this page in retrospect (http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...9-page-14.html) the frog is clearly talking about Killer B. It even states that the "vision is cloudy" which is clearly linked to Kumogakure, with it being the Hidden Cloud Village.
    Last edited by Azuma; April 16, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

  16. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    I am of the idea that "that jutsu" was simply the kyubi's power. Naruto never really displayed anything else and considering how dangerous it was at the time it makes perfect sense.

    Doesn't that take place even hundreds of chapter after bee and kumo were introduced? I would argue at the time it was quite obvious the sage toad was talking about B.

    Edit: Just checked, its not hundreds of chapters but almost 2 years worth of them.

  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am of the idea that "that jutsu" was simply the kyubi's power. Naruto never really displayed anything else and considering how dangerous it was at the time it makes perfect sense.

    Doesn't that take place even hundreds of chapter after bee and kumo were introduced? I would argue at the time it was quite obvious the sage toad was talking about B.

    Edit: Just checked, its not hundreds of chapters but almost 2 years worth of them.
    Oh I see. Ah well, doesn't matter much.

  18. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

    Well Gerotora did say to Naruto that controlling Kurama's chakra was the key to that Jutsu. Meaning that it's a real Jutsu. Kinda makes me wonder why exactly we haven't heard anything about it recently. Maybe Naruto needs to be remembered of it.

    Maybe Minato brings him that.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts