Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was "that jutsu" ever confirmed?

Kishi hadn't yet thought of what either "that jutsu" was going to be before mentioning them for the first time in the manga. Sasuke's Kirin pose was the same as when his 'that jutsu' was mentioned, and he spoke to Deidara as if he could just fire off his trump card even as their match was ending. So... We can infer that Kishi didn't know what Sasuke's jutsu was going to be, but he knew the pose and motion (I can really relate to to this as an artist lol). With Deidara it seemed more like he was doing equal parts bluffing and bragging.

I think the above REALLY applies to Kishi's development of Naruto's arsenal. Many things seem rushed and/or out of place, like Sennin mode being something he learned much later on. Even if he couldn't use it at first, Naruto should have known about his master's jutsu, and shame on Jiraiya's zombie bones for not teaching Naruto the most useful thing ever. I don't think it should have taken 3 years for Naruto to learn basics and for Jiraiya to learn that he couldn't train Naruto's jin abilities. Which brings me to my next point: Kishi's focus on connecting the rasengan to jin powers. At a certain point, it becomes apparent that these things have the same origin for Naruto, so his "that jutsu" kind of has to be the bijuudama (the jin version of rasengan), the rasenshuriken itself (his dad's intent), or some sort of insane wind-infused bijuudama that combines the legacy of jutsus he got from both his parents.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I always believed that Jutsu was the controlling of the Kyuubi which would let Naruto use Bijuudama, which is what the Rasengan is based off. And yes Naruto's training with Jiraiya was a waste, otherwise he wouldn't have lost so pitifully against Sasuke at their reunion. There was absolutely no reason at all to make Naruto look that weak except to make him a crappier character, the video games handled that fight infinitely better by giving the same result without making Naruto look completely retarded.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What Jiraiya meant by "that jutsu" is Naruto making the conscious decision to transform into his bijuu. Jiraiya even warns Naruto about his short-temper in the same panel, if memory serves me right. Later on, in the following arc, Naruto put his entire team in jeopardy when he succumbed to Oro's taunts over Sasuke. It was Naruto making the conscious decision to release the fourth-tail that prompted Yamato to shut off the Kyuubi connection. Otherwise, as Yamato saw it, it would only be a matter of time before Naruto accidentally killed the entire squad.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist
    Kishi hadn't yet thought of what either "that jutsu" was going to be before mentioning them for the first time in the manga. Sasuke's Kirin pose was the same as when his 'that jutsu' was mentioned, and he spoke to Deidara as if he could just fire off his trump card even as their match was ending. So... We can infer that Kishi didn't know what Sasuke's jutsu was going to be, but he knew the pose and motion (I can really relate to to this as an artist lol). With Deidara it seemed more like he was doing equal parts bluffing and bragging.
    Other reasons to believe it was Kirin is because a storm approached immediately after the handseals were created (well, right after Sasuke left). Also, before Naruto and Sakura showed up, Sasuke blew the roof off the hideout with a Katon. Another prerequisite for Kirin.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Pretty sure it was implied that Kirin could be used without the storm, that the storm was just to strengthen it for that situation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Other reasons to believe it was Kirin is because a storm approached immediately after the handseals were created (well, right after Sasuke left). Also, before Naruto and Sakura showed up, Sasuke blew the roof off the hideout with a Katon. Another prerequisite for Kirin.
    I really doubt that.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v34/c306/5.html

I think the one who blew the roof off is sai. Well, not unless sasuke's katon has the effect of an explosion. And for saying that one of the prerequisite for kirin is the blowing the roof off the hideout with a katon is kinda hilarious.

One of the prerequisite of kirin is the katon. And we've never seen any katon who goes up/blow the roof off on that hideout.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgetting the battle with Itachi huh? Sasuke does indeed have a katon that has an explosive effect. Not to mention all of Sai's techniques are based on ink...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Forgetting the battle with Itachi huh? Sasuke does indeed have a katon that has an explosive effect. Not to mention all of Sai's techniques are based on ink...
    No its not. The purpose of sasuke's katon is to produce heat into the atmosphere to create a thunder clouds. Have you seen any katon that goes up to that hideout all the way to the atmosphere? Hell nah.

And your scan doesn't proved anything. Your so called ''explosive effect'' is just merely a crumbling or it was just a smoke. And the fact that sai admitted that sasuke was overpowering his jutsu. And I found it hilarious if sasuke shoot his katon while he was in bed to kill those ink snakes.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm of the same opinion that it was indeed Kirin, but where did this storm approaching thing happen?

I actually thought the same thing as you, but when I checked those chapters...

between: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-314-19/...apter-309.html
    up to: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-315-8/n...apter-310.html

...there was absolutely no storm to be seen. Naruto just sobs for a bit and then we get a fast forward to the team having returned to Konoha.

As far as I can tell the storm approaching was anime only... and I got also fooled by it, since I could have sworn it happened in manga as well.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No its not. The purpose of sasuke's katon is to produce heat into the atmosphere to create a thunder clouds. Have you seen any katon that goes up to that hideout all the way to the atmosphere? Hell nah.

And your scan doesn't proved anything. Your so called ''explosive effect'' is just merely a crumbling or it was just a smoke. And the fact that sai admitted that sasuke was overpowering his jutsu. And I found it hilarious if sasuke shoot his katon while he was in bed to kill those ink snakes.
    Considering we only got to see the end result of the act, not the act itself, you can't claim there wasn't one.

My scan shows both that Sasuke has a fire technique capable of busting through solid rock, and that it'll result in an explosive effect as the fire techniques come out. And the fact that Sasuke "overpowered" Sai's technique would imply he was the last one to make a move, as oppose to something like "endure", where only Sai would have made a move. Fact remains, that Sasuke's the only one of the two who has shown such a technique capable of breaking through walls and causing explosions, not to mention his actions afterward.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering we only got to see the end result of the act, not the act itself, you can't claim there wasn't one.

My scan shows both that Sasuke has a fire technique capable of busting through solid rock, and that it'll result in an explosive effect as the fire techniques come out. And the fact that Sasuke "overpowered" Sai's technique would imply he was the last one to make a move, as oppose to something like "endure", where only Sai would have made a move. Fact remains, that Sasuke's the only one of the two who has shown such a technique capable of breaking through walls and causing explosions, not to mention his actions afterward.
    This is not all about the wall and the explosion. This is all about the blowing of roof as one of the prerequisite of the kirin. I'm just pointing that out that there's no katon that came up from that explosion to heat the atmosphere for the thunder clouds. And that's that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@LnDRash: You're absolutely right. It was just the anime. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    I really doubt that.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v34/c306/5.html

I think the one who blew the roof off is sai. Well, not unless sasuke's katon has the effect of an explosion. And for saying that one of the prerequisite for kirin is the blowing the roof off the hideout with a katon is kinda hilarious.

One of the prerequisite of kirin is the katon. And we've never seen any katon who goes up/blow the roof off on that hideout.
    You knew what I meant. He needed to shoot a katon into the sky to raise the temperature in the air to create the cumulo-nimbus clouds for Kirin. That's why he blew the roof off with his katon, so that the heat could reach the atmosphere. JUST like he did when he fought Itachi.

Secondly, why the hell was Sai laying on the ground saying "ugh", if he was the one that blew the roof up? He even admits that Sasuke overpowered him.

Thirdly, if Sasuke's laying in the bed, why would Sai blow up the rooftop... from the damn doorway? Doesn't it make more sense that Sasuke blew the roof off in order to get out of the hideout and flee from capture? Yes. Yes, it sure does.

Fourthly, stop saying "Sasuke's katon didn't blow the roof up because it doesn't make explosions". It is believable that a katon can make explosions. It's NOT believable that Sai's ink formations make explosions.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not all about the wall and the explosion. This is all about the blowing of roof as one of the prerequisite of the kirin. I'm just pointing that out that there's no katon that came up from that explosion to heat the atmosphere for the thunder clouds. And that's that.
    Aside from the previous mentioned implications, as said before, we only saw the end results. Considering the dust extend above the panel border, you can't claim otherwise, especially when we saw similar in the fight with Itachi.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the previous mentioned implications, as said before, we only saw the end results. Considering the dust extend above the panel border, you can't claim otherwise, especially when we saw similar in the fight with Itachi.
    But the problem is, we've seen sasuke's katon that came up from the roof of the hideout. In fact, itachi who's standing above the roof was almost hit by those katon. So basically, those katon didn't explode to destroy those roof but rather it goes directly to the atmosphere to create the thunder clouds.

And no. It isn't similar at all.

My point remains that sasuke never used his katon to destroy those wall/roof /preparation for his kirin.

He was lying on the bed while being tied up by those ink snakes. So I can't imagine that sasuke was able to used his katon or able to create the handsigns for his katon and destroyed those wall/roof.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the problem is, we've seen sasuke's katon that came up from the roof of the hideout. In fact, itachi who's standing above the roof was almost hit by those katon. So basically, those katon didn't explode to destroy those roof but rather it goes directly to the atmosphere to create the thunder clouds.

And no. It isn't similar at all.

My point remains that sasuke never used his katon to destroy those wall/roof /preparation for his kirin.

He was lying on the bed while being tied up by those ink snakes. So I can't imagine that sasuke was able to used his katon or able to create the handsigns for his katon and destroyed those wall/roof.
    Seriously, are you just trolling or blind? Sasuke shot multiple Katon dragons through the roof into the atmosphere. That roof didn't collapse on its own. Sasuke blasted it open.

As for the scene vs Sai? Who even cares what jutsu he used. Kishi is using that whole explosion for dramatic effect. To show us just how powerful Sasuke has gotten after the hiatus. So if you think Sai somehow blew up that roof while wallowing on the floor, maybe manga is a little too difficult for you. Stick to coloring books for now and try to stay within the lines.
    Last edited by chilibun; April 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast