Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 45 Discussion/46 Predictions

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 45 Discussion/46 Predictions

When Irvin told Pixis that the Military Police finally arrived on the scene, I was thinking "Oh the usual Shounen would show some upper-awesome fighters now, who can slaughter the titans even better than Rivaille and Mikasa, but not with Snk" and I was glad I was right. It's one of the things I love about Shingeki. While the guys in the Military Police are supposed to be the strongest/most talented they have absolutely no practice in the fight against titans and naturally they would fear an encounter with them, as skilled as they may be/may have been once. I'm curious to see how they will fare in the actual battle.

And I think I don't need to say that I'm extremely looking forward to what Reiner and Berthold have to say...

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yea, and I loved their reaction to Rivaille's little offer.

I'm glad a bit of progress was made. Now comes a showdown of words between Eren, Reiner, and Berthold. Hopefully we can get a good deal of info from next chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

At least we know who will be fodder for the titans in the next chapters.I don't want to see Conny,Christa or Jean die.Now that I think about it,Jean is finally with the Military Police.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Rivaille's taunting the police guys was nice to see

Hope to get some information from Ymir too since it looks like she isn't from the same faction that Reiner and Berthold.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 45 Spoilers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dass Jennir View Post
    They said with all words their mission was to kill everyone inside the walls and also they both are responsible for all deaths in Eren's district including his mother.
    Hannes is right, as soon he recover Eren will probably try to attack Reiner and Berthold again.
    Can you link the pages where they said that in face of Eren?
    Another point: Ymir (probably) killed and ate B&R's parents/friends. Nevertheless it seems they do't want to kill her for revenge but kidnap and ally with instead.
    However I think there will be no more battle with Titans vs Titans in the incoming chapter, it will be too much redundant.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    Can you link the pages where they said that in face of Eren?
    Another point: Ymir (probably) killed and ate B&R's parents/friends. Nevertheless it seems they do't want to kill her for revenge but kidnap and ally with instead.
    However I think there will be no more battle with Titans vs Titans in the incoming chapter, it will be too much redundant.
    Chapter 42 page 14? Well, Reiner didn't say that they were directly responsible for Eren's mother's death, but he said that their mission was to eradicate humanity.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

those two must think it doesn't matter if humans are munched, even if they were close...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight View Post
    those two must think it doesn't matter if humans are munched, even if they were close...
    Well, Reiner would care. He did save Connie. I don't know with Bertolt though. He seems the most likely to not care about humanity in general.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, I finally caught up with this manga (read all of it in a day after finding it). Cool stuff although I feel that the plot got somewhat less interesting as it advanced. Well, in particular the part that got less interesting would be the titans to a great extent. Overall the manga has not quite yet given their origin story but them being originally humans would seem highly likely if not obvious from the early chapters.... Even their strange facial expressions would seem to be evidence of that.

As for the origin of humans who can wear titan skins I would think it is because of immunity so to speak. Like a disease the condition spreads over a population and like a disease a certain percentage of people are immune to it. In this case the immune ones get titan abilities. I guess that does not quite explain why the condition started in the first place and the motivations of the other human titans... Of course if it really works as a disease then it would mean that there are plenty more titans among humans than what the manga has revealed. They would have been around for who knows how long without showing themselves. Eren would just be the first one to get caught. The others did talk about a home village of sorts so perhaps there actually is a society outside of the wall made out of human titans who for whatever reason see humans as enemies. Perhaps eren was the first to not turn into a titan naturally so to speak? The others come from a particular sector at large while eren has a completely different origin, I don't think an outbreak of titanism can be traced anywhere around him so to speak. Perhaps what is in the basement is what allowed eren to turn into a proper titan (a titan antibody perhaps?). Perhaps with the existence of such a thing humanity as a whole can become smart titans and from their perspective there is no need to eliminate them.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

What was the first actual appearance of the armored titan? If feel I missed that one... Was he first seen a couple chapters back? Because he was mentioned quite a while back if I recall.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 2, page 28. Here's a link

It's easy to miss in the manga, because there is no scene of it running towards the wall, like in the anime.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, it also does not help that I read the entire manga in a day lol. He wasn't as featured as he should have been IMO and not just because they show him merely breaking through the wall.

Seriously, what could their objective be? Why change their mind about the destruction of humanity? When are they going to that damn basement?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a theory about chapter 46 and so on and so forth..

Maybe the reason why reiner and bertholt and annie's purpose is to let
    The other titan to devour humans so that humans will not suffer the same as the titan is experiencing
    What i mean is that maybe there is GOROSEI like leaders that just experementing those humans inside
    The wall,injecting humans to become titan,just like what eren's father did to him,and by that maybe the
    Government uses titans for war,as a weapon.and they use those like the types of eren,reiner etc.
    And those titans who enters the wall are the failed experiments. They are the castawayed by the goverment.
    And by the way maybe eren's father is one of the top scientist of the government and i think hes the one behind
    the transformation of reiner and company ,this is just my theory.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; May 16, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh i think Hannes fate is sealed. Hes the only expendable character thats gonna go after them in my eyes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    Don't be so negative.
    Even Bert & Rey lost their parents and friends by titans in the past.
    For example if they explain to Eren that all the Titan stuff began cuz of some sort of organization they want to destroy? Eren probably will never forgive them but a temporary alliance to destroy this organization will be possible cuz they are the real guilty about Eren's mom death.

That's bad reasoning, if eren forgive them for that then he is stupid as hell. A temporary alliance with the one that cause your mom to die? that's dumb, fake the alliance then escape that would be the normal and right thing to do. If they wanted to destroy said organization, they could have been other way to do it, what they did was unforgiveable, they are the one that basically kill his mom, eren should kill them first then go after said organization if there is one.
    Bert and reiner parent being kill by titan still doesn't give them the right to do the same to innocent people, what they did was unforgiveable.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Ymir killed Reiner and Bethold parents/relatives.
    Than by your reasoning they MUST kill Ymir and Eren MUST kill them.

The real point is that in any case Eren CAN'T kill whoever cuz Reiner and Berthold are simply "too much" for him. Than if he wanna really AVENGE his mother he MUST act quietly and think about a strategy to run away and possibly face them again in the future.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast