Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 45 Discussion/46 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 45 Discussion/46 Predictions

Quote Quote:
    Seriously, what could their objective be? Why change their mind about the destruction of humanity? When are they going to that damn basement?
    Only plausible explanation would be he thinks Eren is a game changer. Whether that's because he's got the basement keys, or his father, is anybody's guess though.

Hopefully 46 will give us some answers (finally).

Am I the only one that felt it was odd when Bertholdt fell on Eren and Reiner. I was under the impression that a titan's body is very light despite the size. (and for some odd reason, I always imagine a titan's body is akin to a balloon. o_O)
    -

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KanouYuuki's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Am I the only one that felt it was odd when Bertholdt fell on Eren and Reiner. I was under the impression that a titan's body is very light despite the size. (and for some odd reason, I always imagine a titan's body is akin to a balloon. o_O)
    I felt it was kinda weird when I first read it too...

But after some thinking, the only one who said that it was very light was Hanji, and she only knew it because she kicked the head of a dead titan.. I guess it's different when they're still alive?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Only plausible explanation would be he thinks Eren is a game changer. Whether that's because he's got the basement keys, or his father, is anybody's guess though.

Hopefully 46 will give us some answers (finally).

If they wanted what is in eren's basement... then why not simply go get it? They are titans and pretty powerful ones at that, why would something like a key hamper them? Either they are already aware of what is in the basement, they don't care or perhaps they don't do anything about it because they have no reason to think it could be a threat... I guess they could be afraid of damaging the contents of the basement if they use their powers though.

Well, a titan's body is apparently light or not dense however its weight is not quite negligible, its not like they would get blown away by the wind.

I wonder what exactly is it that would be remarkable about eren though... It makes sense his appearance could be a game changer but overall it does not seem like eren's titan form is all that incredible. The colosal titan is, well, colosal, the armored titan is constantly armored... annie didn't seem to have any special abilities or traits though. Perhaps its the method by which eren was made a titan which is different?

As of now it seems there is something which triggers a titan transformation in people so far. We saw that in a town recently. Perhaps from that very procedure people get turned into titans but a select few actually become human titans. Perhaps eren was a game changer because his dad made him like that? Basically eren's dad found a way to turn people into proper titans with at least significantly higher success rate which means the destruction of humanity is not quite necessary anymore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

They may be more light than expected to their size but it doesn't mean they aren't heavy. Just look at the footsteps left by the Colossal Titan.

My guess is their bodies have low density hence why Hanji was able to kick that severed head with ease
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I don't think the trio wants the basement at all. I think the trio wants Eren probably as proof to their hometown about something which ghad knows what is it. I mean, Reiner and Bertolt didn't mention any basement when they casually revealed who they were. They just said they were going to bring Eren to their hometown. They even brought Ymir along with them.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started reading this manga and caught up to it quickly. Basically, almost all of the "titan" attacks are actually made by some humans, or err.. things in human forms which can turn into titans. So... Humans are basically attacking humans, not so far to stretch it out.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I just started reading this manga and caught up to it quickly. Basically, almost all of the "titan" attacks are actually made by some humans, or err.. things in human forms which can turn into titans. So... Humans are basically attacking humans, not so far to stretch it out.
    Well, not necessarily... There is a lot going on and there are quite a few things which have yet to fall in place. The two attacks on the walls are clearly of human origin considering the identities of the colossal, armored and female type titans however nothing really explains so far what the deal with normal titans is, why humans turn into titans or everything done by the ape titan who even seemed to somehow lack a basic understanding of how humans behave. I would compare this a tad more to a zombie thing. Titans are in principle zombies, they are just way bigger than the usual ones we see in movies.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. What i think is, Eren's Father is a leader of some sort of group of humans who can transform at their own will. Because after all of what happened 5 years ago, where is he? And then suddenly Reiner and Bertholt and Annie wants to kidnap Eren. For what? I bet it's because Eren's Father told them to. Well, Just guessing.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren's dad wanted humanity to be protected as far as we know though. Or am I just assuming that without confirmation? not sure lol. Anyways it really did not seem like he wanted humanity to be destroyet yet reiner and bertholt used to be rather hellbent on that to the point where they actually targeted the wall. I do believe that eren's dad was working on how to turn humans into titans though, that much seems somewhat obvious at this point. Perhaps there are two factions of human titans then? The guy had business in the inner districts of the human territory and that is where the king and the church are so perhaps he was working with them on the matter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The titan king can't be human for many reasons. To name two: it didn't know what the 3D maneuver gear was, and it wasn't being attacked by the regular titans. I think a more plausible interpretation would be it is the first titan.

As far as the imaginary hole in the wall goes, I wonder if the walled titans are coming off the walls, causing havoc inside, then going back into, and thus remaking, the wall. We have seen the TK climb the walls no problem, but the other titans can't do that. We know they can't just "appear" inside the walls, so there had to be a breach. Either that or the people within the walls are all turning into giants which give the impression there must be a hole somewhere. These are the only things I can think of that would make any sense.
    Last edited by Fayte; May 23, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The titan king can't be human for many reasons. To name two: it didn't know what the 3D maneuver gear was, and it wasn't being attacked by the regular titans. I think a more plausible interpretation would be it is the first titan.

As far as the imaginary hole in the wall goes, I wonder if the walled titans are coming off the walls, causing havoc inside, then going back into, and thus remaking, the wall. We have seen the TK climb the walls no problem, but the other titans can't do that. We know they can't just "appear" inside the walls, so there had to be a breach. This is the only thing I can think of that would make any sense.
    The manga already told us there is no breach and it more than heavily implied that the titans within the wall were actually humans not too long ago. Remember the titan at that village that could not move?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Answers will be coming soon, definitely. Probably the next chapter, 46.

I mean, Eren's gone off with Ymir, and R & B.

The remainder of the group are with Historia.

Guess the rest of what I'm trying to say lol, I can't be bothered to type it all out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    however nothing really explains so far what the deal with normal titans is
    Explain what a "normal" titan is. Do you mean the "smaller" titans? because Connie's mom turned into one of those. Do you mean the titans that eat people? because Ymir ate R & B's friend. The more the story progresses, the less we are able to separate any concept of "titan" and "human." As of right now, the ONLY thing that separates it is the fact that normal titans try to eat human-titans.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A few of my thoughts, you can probably riddle them with holes though:

- Inner govt definitely has some relationship w/ titans

- the strongest join the military police, but become soft. Yet they still are put to defend the inner govt w/o any real experience. This shows that the inner govt

doesn’t really care about being defended, because they aren’t afraid of titans attacking them. Adding proof that they have a relationship w/ titans.

- they may even be titans themselves
    - monkey titan is definitely not human; he spoke to the guy whose horse he smashed as if he wasn’t a human. And had no idea what 3d-maneuver gear was.

- if thats true, then most of the titans are definitely not human, leading to the question as to how they started.

-that throws out humans creating them, but not that some humans ruled them (chapter 16, titan telling diary soldier girl who lost her horse and gear “ymir-sama, master.”
    -Perhaps natural selection/mutations allowed for some humans to become titans

- eren didn't get that trait, but his dad was able to give him a vaccine that gave him the mutation

-eren may be a bargaining chip, or is important cause he has the keys.

- But how did he get the key? He made no contact with this dad after his dad left the house, clearly wearing the key around his neck.

- No word on Armin’s parents! They left the walls, but we don’t know their status, maybe they’re working on the same thing eren’s dad is working on (whatever that may be).

Hopefully the next chapter tells us more!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Eren's dad didn't gave him a vaccine that gave him the mutation but at the contrary gave him a vaccine to delay the mutation.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast