Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: manga web-comic writing. team members needed. variety of roles

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

manga web-comic writing. team members needed. variety of roles

Hello everyone!
    I'm here looking for new members for a manga writing team i'm a part of.

I’m aware people are reluctant to work without money and the likes but calm down. read this advertisement type thing, and we hope at least one person would be interested in joining!
    *** It’s really all for fun and the experience!
 We, at one point, started a web-comic type thing then realized it was actually going quite well. We finished "season 1" for fun, and now are starting "season 2" in hopes of making it a web-comic. With a new season, comes a new team!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US:
    -We operate at a 1 slightly long chapter per month basis ( hey, we have lives! or so we like to think...)
    ****We really all just do this for fun and the fulfillment of writing a story. It is not a job, It is not in any way shape or form a high end and professional manga experience.****
    We’re really quite casual and we’re not uptight about deadlines so long as we all work reasonably hard and finish the chapters on time. ( + / -- 2 days)

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE STORY
    - For those of you looking at being artists alongside myself, the art style is what has been described as "a bit like full metal alchemist" and "like a more proportional shoujo"
    -The story is slightly futuristic (set in the years ahead but not dramatically) and takes place in the communist regime of north Korea. It is military based however, In light of the fact our characters are young, has a considerable social aspect to it as well. (who’s friends with who, who’s fighting, who’s getting along, life as we know it) so there is action with a healthy blend of "supposed-to-be-comedy", ironic situations, and arcs about life in general. Not just war.
    - The story is meant to appeal to almost all genres. So there is action, adventure, survival, romance, comedy, tragedy, and the works. As the most mature content in the story at this point is violence, we definitely didn’t and will not include hentai or anything in it’s category.
    - it's sometimes very lighthearted, and other times very dark. an open mind is needed

WHAT WE WANT
    - we need people who are good at their role (see below for roles). You don't have to be Masashi Kishimoto or anything, and we are gladly accepting beginners (this will be a good experience i believe) however, we do need people who are reasonably focused, and have at least a tiny bit of experience in their role. you don't have to be 100% dedicated, but 75% would be nice since when it comes to deadlines, everybody has to be on board.

WHO WE WANT:
    - We're currently looking for:
    1) a small "advisory board" that i like to refer to as the "court of critics". They are a set group of people who are charged with deliberately pointing out the flaws in the story, plot, and art.
    2) 2 artists, ideally with previous experience in amateur manga, who are more experienced in the craft to work alongside myself. (to help with panelling in the panels that will be web published)
    We are WISHING ON A STAR that we can find someone who is good at coloring the panels and inking them on the computer. (so CGI essentially) this person will also type the text into the panels but the text will be pre-written.
    character design, emotion design, and character clothing design. (an excellent role for new artists who aren’t experienced enough to work on to-be-published panels but who want the practice drawing set character, their outfits, emotions, and panel sketches.)

Currently we are a team of about 6 (2 critics, 2 artists, an editor in chief, a sometimes-CGI-artist, and a panelling and character designer) We would really love to have your help!

I am aware this has been slightly vague, so:
    For more details, please PM me on this website ( I will write back )
    And, please tell me which role you feel you could fill. If you would like to be in CGI, or a final panel artist, please attach some of your works!

We would be happy to have you as a part of our team!

Thankyou very much!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: manga web-comic writing. team members needed. variety of roles

Can you share your team's work with us please?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

absolutely! but please give me time to scan. (i'm technology disabled =.=) we have worked in "traditional" manga art (pens and pencils) and are just going web-comic. I'll scan up some snippets of chapters today! and i'll try to get a variety of sketches, coloured pages and character designs for you. you can expect them later today

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to see it as well^^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

exciting news! I've finally gathered all the pieces in order to make the profile. But...does anybody know if you can upload word documents onto this website? or pages. that would work too!

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so But I'll check it for sure and post again with the answer, ok?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I am an amateur manga artist and I am interested in joining your team taking up as an artist role.I just want some experience and fun!

New Reply