Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

I think Tanaka is definitely a master, and a stronger one than Fortuna, for that matter. However, the difference between him and Kensei should be roughly comparable to the difference between Hongou and Jenazad, and we know how big was that gap and how that went. No way that fight is happening again, Tanaka will put up a good fight but cannot win.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 519 Discussions / 520 Predictions

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=36842853

Spoilers out!

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/519

Chapter out!

It was a tad disappointing to not see tanaka but on the other hand the conclussion of the disciple fights is always a good thing. Hopefully we get some good focus on tanaka rather than the disciples soon enough.

I was thinking that kisara would actually learn some new martial art while fighting chikage but I guess that won't be the case just yet. I wonder what will happen to chikage now though. She didn't lose but she also failed to meet her master's expectation. Her comment on the gang being the ones that make chikage suffer was interesting though, perhaps there is more to her satsujinken view than just killing. I hope the manga gives us more of her backstory.

And so finally we have a conclussion to the fight between renka and rachel.... Not bad but I do winder what would have happened if she had had a master during this time. On the other hand to me it would have made sense the difference between the two had been larger in favor of renka. Well, at least not more of this conflict for the time being.

I was somewhat disappointed by the fight between hermit and seigfried. That was without a doubt the most interesting fight of the disciples and yet he lost offscreen. I thought natsu would have an edge during the fight considering he is an actual yomi and has a master however it does seem like the fight was extremely close. Seigfried is truly monstrously talented considering he is developing his style on his own. He is actually not that different from berserker actually considering they both are developing forms from scratch.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

Glad the side fights are over now time for the main event
    Last edited by Mr Untouchable; April 21, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So we spent multiple chapters on that sham of a fight, and then Hermit v Siegfried and Renka v Rachel are wrapped up in a few panels. And Chikage goes haywire. This chapter was disappointing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Chikage thing was interesting and believable, I think it was good.

Hermit fight was kind of funny because Sieg is funny! You can't take a guy who goes around spinning seriously... "Be colored in my friendship rhapsody" "not even if I die", and then talking big after having lost but he was right on point saying Hermit would lose to Kenichi, which is a good way to push Hermit buttons! Anyway, I suppose Hermit doesn't have any interest in killing Sieg right? It agree it was good to see how Sieg is powerful, definetely upper tier without having a proper master...

Renka's fight was stupid as expected.... Poor Renka having such a stupid opponent as Rachel, plus considering their masters and background REnka should've done batter....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i think this chapter was good. the fights lame but chikage is likely to change sides

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    So we spent multiple chapters on that sham of a fight, and then Hermit v Siegfried and Renka v Rachel are wrapped up in a few panels. And Chikage goes haywire. This chapter was disappointing.
    The author has being dragging this crappy arc for god knows how long with boring fights and just a few good bits and now half the fights didnt even end properly so it can be dragged on again in a future engagement just to stretch the manga further. The only fight that actually ended did wont affect anything, Hermit aint gonna kill Sigfried and since he won is going to go after a rematch with Kenichi in the near future. I dont know might be just me but it fells like the author just wanna cash in on the manga at this point and is doing everything possible to make it longer, there arent that many Yomi disciples left for Kenichi (correct me if im mistaken but of the original Yomi there is just Chikage and the 1 shadow disciple left) to defeat so he is making stuff up to make for it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dominicanboy100's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: HSDK 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

Not disappointed chapter lol nake girls nake girls everywhere lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a terrible chapter. The author wrapped up the other fights in horrible fashion. Rachel vs Renka =100% fan service just an utter waste of pages. Their fight was so stupid and inconclusive we still don't know how those two match up against Miu and Rimi in terms of strength. Hermit vs Seigfried was supposed to be arguably the most entertaining and interesting fight, but we see very little of their battle. Furthermore, we don't even get to see the conclusion of their fight because it ends off panel. Chikage vs everyone else............just stupid. I guess the only interesting aspect about that fight is Chikage finally lost it emotionally which is not surprising given how much she was in limbo. What a dull and uninteresting arc so far. Rimi vs Miu was the most dragged out disciple fight ever. Lugh vs Takeda was a halfway decent fight. Kenichi vs Berserker as short as it was seemed slightly interesting, but the fight itself had no significance or emotional weight attached to it. Now all we have left to watch is Tanaka getting ready to get his ass kicked by Ogata. This manga has lost so much flare.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 20, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

Tanaka vs ogata the only fight remaining right?! ':' (':')

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 519 Discussions / 520 Predictions

Discuss the chapter here~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 519 Discussions / 520 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Discuss the chapter here~
    Indeed.

MS translation is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/65156870/1

Glad to hear Rachel had more tricks under her sleeve, still it is OK to be defeated by Renka. Renka's just way more experienced.

I knew Natsu was going to defeat Sieg, there was never doubt in me. The only suprise was that he barely won and that Natsu acknowledges he is weaker than Kenichi. Natsu is one of those characters that trains off-screen and comes back stronger like Toujo from Beelzebub. I thought he was near Kenichi.

I knew Chikage was a nice person, they just need to push her further.

With this wrapped up we can go to Tanaka vs Kensei.

Disciples are cool and all but it's like watching the minor leagues. I actually prefer a fight between masters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Indeed.

MS translation is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/65156870/1

Glad to hear Rachel had more tricks under her sleeve, still it is OK to be defeated by Renka. Renka's just way more experienced.

I knew Natsu was going to defeat Sieg, there was never doubt in me. The only suprise was that he barely won and that Natsu acknowledges he is weaker than Kenichi. Natsu is one of those characters that trains off-screen and comes back stronger like Toujo from Beelzebub. I thought he was near Kenichi.

I knew Chikage was a nice person, they just need to push her further.

With this wrapped up we can go to Tanaka vs Kensei.

Disciples are cool and all but it's like watching the minor leagues. I actually prefer a fight between masters.
    I think the master fights have been getting too much focus. I wish the disciple fights were more fleshed out before we reach the big showdown between masters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I think the master fights have been getting too much focus. I wish the disciple fights were more fleshed out before we reach the big showdown between masters.
    But disciple fights occupy most of the manga.

Ragnarok saga was pretty much disciple vs disciple.
    D&D was a big disciple tournament.
    Alexander vs Akisame while Kenichi was fighting Boris
    Agaard vs Apachai while Kenichi was fighting Koukin.
    Diego vs Ma while Renka was fighting Rachel.
    The 2-4 chapters of Takeda vs Kenichi.
    Like it or not, Miu vs Rimi twice.
    Kenichi vs Jihan. No master fight there.
    Lugh vs Takeda.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; April 23, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    But disciple fights occupy most of the manga.

Ragnarok saga was pretty much disciple vs disciple.
    D&D was a big disciple tournament.
    Alexander vs Akisame while Kenichi was fighting Boris
    Agaard vs Apachai while Kenichi was fighting Koukin.
    Diego vs Ma while Renka was fighting Rachel.
    The 2-4 chapters of Takeda vs Kenichi.
    Like it or not, Miu vs Rimi twice.
    Kenichi vs Jihan. No master fight there.
    Lugh vs Takeda.
    I'm talking about the current situation. All the other disciple fights ended prematurely. I'm just saying I wish those fights were a little more fleshed out instead of everything feeling rushed and undone. I don't think it's fair it should be like that when this upcoming master fight is going to take up like 5 or more chapters. Feel me!?

New Reply
Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast