Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: My current FT Theory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My current FT Theory

Hey guys, I got so excited from the recent Fairy Tail chapters that I just had to speculate and redo my theory on the plot. I made it in timeline order:

PAST

Zeref was present 400 years ago. This was during the age of war between Dragons and Humans. He released demons onto the world with his goal being to create the Ultimate Magic World.

Acnologia killed hundreds of dragons and became Dragon King during the Dragon King Festival. Acnologia is also 400+ years old. Zeref turned Acnologia into a dragon in order to give both of them immortality and to use the anti-human dragons to create the Ultimate Magic World. The two of them are linked. So if one dies, so does the other. If one is immortal for life, so is the other. That's why Acnologia has been alive for so long, and why he can sense Zeref at any time and immediately find his location. This also explains why Zeref can understand Acnologia. Zeref then became cursed due to the immortality spell he cast. He now uncontrollably took lives when he didn't want to.

The anti-human dragons were losing the war to the pro-human dragons which hindered Zeref's plans. He needed the anti-human dragons to create the Ultimate Magic World. Thus, he decided to create Eclipse in order to send his dragons 400 years into the future where dragons wouldn't exist if they had disappeared and thus no dragon slayers would be alive. The plan was to do this during the eclipse at the Dragon Festival. However, he never thought that the dragons would be sent to the future from the future.
    All the anti-dragons disappeared during the Dragon King festival since they travelled through the Eclipse gate. The pro-human dragons that remained were raising dragon slayers.

Mavis lived during the time of Zeref. In order to save the future, Mavis created Lumen Histoire, a world where the remaining dragons could sleep until the time came that they were needed (400 years later). To protect Lumen Histoire, Mavis created Fairy Tail. Why do I think the Dragons are in LH? Well, Gildarts shock and fearful reaction means he was able to comprehend what was in front of him at first sight. That means there was something physical in there. That physical object is generally known among the public, or at least among high level mages, but not known where it is located. Thats why it was terrifying to see that this whole time, it was under FT. At this point in time in the manga, it has to be something already introduced. The fact that Gildarts was afraid means that it is extremely powerful. Also, if you look at Chapter 258, Pg. 13, 3rd panel, you will see on top of the LH door, the Fairy Tail emblem along with what looks almost like a dragon wrapping around it.

Before the dragons entered Lumen Histoire, they decided to secure the future of their children. They understood that the future needed dragon slayers. There were a few dragon slayers left but they were all children. They could not enter Lumen Histoire with the remaining dragons because then they would not be able to grow up and become stronger. Because they were left in the real world, they needed to survive for the next 400 years. Thus, using Celestial Spirit Magic, they sent the dragon slayer children into the future in a spread of 7 years. Now, I'm assuming they were all born the same years but just sent to the future at different times thus causing them to be different ages. This explains why Edolas Wendy is roughly the same age as Edolas Natsu but Earthland Wendy and Earthland Natsu are not. Also, I say seven years because the age difference between Natsu and Sting is approximately 7 years. Sting(+Rogue) was 18 when he was introduced, which was 7 years after Natsu et al. were frozen. Count back 7 years, Sting(+Rogue) is 11 and Natsu is 18. Count back 7 more years to when the dragons disappeared, Sting(+Rogue) is 4 (Wendy is 5) and Natsu (+Gajeel) is 11. Also, it could be possible that the dragons who taught Natsu and the other children were also dragon slayers turned into dragons from excessive use of their magic. This would explain why Grandeeney has a human counterpart in Edolas.

Now that the dragons were gone, all magical forces could be focused on Zeref. The great mages of the time (including Mavis) gathered together and sealed away Zeref's mind and power. They banished him to Tenrou Island where he would sleep for the rest of his life.

Many years after Lumen Histoire, there is a new Guild Master called Purehito. Now, it could be possible that Mavis had used Fairy Sphere during a war in order to protect her guild which caused time to freeze for her and other guild members for more than a century. It also could be possible that Purehito is 250+ years old.
    During this era, Future Fairy Tail arrived in the past. Some of the Fairy Tail members travelled to the past to find Zeref's weakness in order to defeat him in the future. This probably includes Natsu, Erza, and Grey. At this point Zeref was sealed, so the group had to unseal him. When trying to do so, they awoken Zeref but kept his powers sealed. This is Zeref's first encounter with Natsu who is still unable to beat him. Zeref realizes Natsu's great potential and decides to help Natsu. They eventually find out how to defeat Zeref, Acnologia, and return to the future.

PRESENT
    The year X777 arrives. To release the children from their hibernation state, a Celestial Spirit Mage sacrifice was required. Lucy's mom decided to be the sacrifice to give hope for the future and her daughter. This is why Lucy's mom passes away on X777. Thus, the children awaken not knowing centuries had passed by and wondered where their parent dragons were. At this time, Porlyusica is contacted by Dragon Grandeeney to tell her about two sky dragon magic techniques for Wendy. This conversation allows Porlyusica to gain information about the dragon slayers and prophesize to Makarov that the dragon slayers will join under Fairy Tail.
    Seven years later, Lucy meets Natsu and joins Fairy Tail. Gajeel (who is already being followed around by rogue) joins shortly after.
    Then, Laxus tries to take over the guild. Natsu and Gajeel are trapped inside the barrier at the guild house because apparently they are too old to leave.
    Later, Natsu meets Wendy and has an odd feeling that he's heard of her before. Wendy joins guild after the Oracion Seis arc. Makarov saying prophecy coming true.
    During Tenrou arc, Grimiore Heart attacks the island in order to unseal Zeref not knowing that he has already been unsealed. Eventually, Natsu meets Zeref for his first time but for Zeref's second time. Zeref summons Acnologia, who then attempts to destroy the island. Mavis decides to materialize herself as a young girl and protect the guild using Fairy Sphere.

It is possible that Hades the Book of Zeref in his possession since he had the Demon's eyes and could summon Nemesis. After his death, the book was recovered by Fiore government officials which led to the encountered of the instructions for the Eclipse Gate. Thus, they created the Grand Magic Games for the purpose of gather magic for Eclipse. It took 7 years to fully complete Eclipse.

FUTURE
    Seven years later, the Grand Magic Games is going on. Arcadios has almost finished building Eclipse in hopes of using the 12 zodiac keys + Eclipse door to travel back 400 years to kill Zeref. He plans to activate it during the next Eclipse.

During the magic games, Natsu et al encounter a Dragon's graveyard, where hundreds of dragons were killed by Acnologia centuries before. This is also the location where Acnologia became the new King during the Dragon king festival, and where the dragons gathered together to travel into the future.

FUTURE 1 ---
    Future Lucy was in the castle dungeon when Eclipse was opened. At this time, she didn't know about eclipse 2. As a result, everyone died and Mercurius was destroyed. Zeref took control of Acnologia, the 10,000 dragons that came through, and broke the seal on his powers. This resulted in 90% of the human population being eradicated, leaving the remaining 10% as mages who were strong enough to survive. As a result, the Ultimate Magic World was created. However, a few days after the Eclipse incident, Lucy remembered about the gate and used it to go back into the past.

FUTURE 2 ----
    A future in which Past Lucy was warned by Future Lucy. Past Lucy then desperately tries to change the future. While trying to escape the dungeon, Past Lucy asks Crux to research the Eclipse door. That's when Past Lucy realized that the 10,000 dragons would appear through the door. Thus, Lucy and the group desperately try to close the door but fail. As a result, everyone died and Mercurius was destroyed. Lucy leaves the castle crying and screaming. Zeref took control of Acnologia, the 10,000 dragons that came through, and broke the seal on his powers. Zeref realizes that a Future Lucy came to help Past Lucy and sees Lucy as a threat. So, Lucy decides to go into hiding in order to stay alive and find a way to change the future. This resulted in 90% of the human population being eradicated, leaving the remaining 10% as mages who were strong enough to survive. Thus, the Ultimate Magic World was created. Levy was one of the survivors. She is seen narrating a letter to Lucy about everything that had happened. It can be assumed that Lucy does find a way to save the future which hinders Zeref's plan. Thus, Zeref decides to have her killed in the past by manipulating Rogue into thinking that Lucy was the cause to the world ending and sending him to the past.

FUTURE 3-----
    A future that Past Lucy was warned by future Lucy and Future Rogue was sent into the past to kill Past Lucy. Rogue thinks Lucy closed the door and caused the future to be destroyed. It's shown that he seriously thought Lucy closed the door and only questioned it when he realized Future Lucy didn't know about the door or eclipse 2. Lucy reaches the eclipse door and is informed by Crux that she has to close it. She tries her hardest but fails. Zeref appears in front of her and she decides to join him in an attempt to save her friends from being killed. Natsu and friends are allowed to live however they vow to save Lucy. The only method they could think of is by travelling back in time to find Zeref's weakness. However, they weren't able to travel all 400 years into the past but only up to when Purehito was guild master. During this time is when they learn about the seal on Zeref. They gather the keys to release Zeref and then Zeref informs them on how he can be defeated. They also learn about Lumen Histoire and who is inside it. Afterwards, the team uses their time to prepare to battle future Zeref. Eventually, they return to the future to save Lucy, release the dragons in Lumen Histoire, and stop future Zeref.

=================================
    MY PREVIOUS FT THEORY

I had thought of a theory 3 years ago. I'm reposting it so you can see what I used to think. I also bolded what I correctly predicted, and italicized what I think is still the case.

So for those who are up to par with Fairy Tail manga. What do you guys think is the relationship between Zeref and Natsu? This theory was made after Natsu and Zeref had their encounter. Here's my theory on it:

During the Era of Zeref running amok in the world, there were 7 dragons and each dragon had a "child". The Black Dragon's child was Zeref. In order to stop Zeref, the dragons (possibly while in a human form) had sealed Zeref's mind and power, causing him to go into a state of hibernation and banished him to Tenrou Island, where the Vermilion Family were to watch over the island to ensure that Zeref were to never be resurrected. Later on, a guild was formed named Fairy Tail to continue the protection of the island. Due to the immense power required to seal Zeref, the dragon's had been permanently turned into dragons. With this, they also had to go into hibernation along with their "children" destined to wake up at the date July - 7 - X777. Centuries later, the dragons wake up and flee from human society. Later on their children wake up, lost in the new world and of course not realizing the centuries that had passed. Before being sealed, Zeref had met Natsu and saw the great potential inside him. Now after waking up, his body has been reduced to a adolescent state (If he was previously super old... or he could've just been one bad teenager). With his powers sealed, the darkness in his heart is temporarily gone. He realized how awful his powers are and wishes not to hurt anyone anymore. He feels that Natsu is the only one who can stop him. (analyzed from the chapter)

This explains why Natsu and Gajeel could not leave the Guild area during the Fighting Festival arc because they are technically 80+ years old. This would also explain how Zeref knew Natsu and why Natsu didn't recognize Zeref. Also, the dragon's having a human form would explain how a DRAGON taught a HUMAN how to READ, WRITE, and other stuff... You must have been a human to learn that in the first place O_O'' Mavis Vermilion's connection to Zeref and Tenrou Island is still very sketchy but that was my best guess on the situation.

I got this idea after comparing Rave Master to Fairy Tail. In Rave Master, Elie had entered a hibernation like state for 50 years and remained the same physically when she woke up. However, Elie did not remember who she was so she remained a kind person (of course she was kind previously too). So technically, Elie was 50+ years old but with a teenage body. Also, remember that Let from Rave Master had a Human and Dragon form. There was a trial in Rave master for dragons when they turn 20. If the dragon were to fail the trial they would permanently in dragon form and lose their mind. This concept was probably applied to Fairy tail for dragons who used a forbidden magic and then permanently stayed in dragon form. (proven true now from recent chapters)
    Last edited by newrichboy; April 14, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My current FT Theory

That post is roughly twice the length of your standard fanfic chapter. Any chance you could condense it a bit? You've clearly put a lot of thought into it, but it's a bit much to read for a fan theory.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    That post is roughly twice the length of your standard fanfic chapter. Any chance you could condense it a bit? You've clearly put a lot of thought into it, but it's a bit much to read for a fan theory.
    haha I tried to condense it as much as possible but the theory explains what happened in the past/ present/future and so if I remove anything then I'll be taking out the connected between them. XD I included a header for each section now.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man, that was... really really long.
    I think that Hiro already mentionned that wendy is 12 years old while he put unknown age where it comes to natsu and gajeel; that means that Wendy isn't the same as natsu and gajeel. Plus, when natsu meets wendy, he did say that the name (the name not the face) reminds him of something wich means that he could have known another wendy when he was young.
    Other than that, I don't think Mavis lived 400 years ago; and i also don't think that zeref has anything to do with the transformation of acnologia.
    Let's wait and see.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

nice jobe yousef i think it is the same theory you post in f.t startimes .
    well evry now is know that the dragons is more powerfull than the humans
    zeref is also less power than the dragons sow he think a way to destruct the rull of this monters in this world
    and what we cold hime acknologia .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I rewrote this post 3 times because I kept having realizations ... (Try to be concise)
    1) Eclipse has at minimum existed since before Lucy's mother died. It has also been used at least 4 times. Once that either brought/sent at least Natsu and Gajeel forward in time (Rogue, Sting and Wendy possibly too). Once that sent at least Igneel away (I think to the far distant future after humanity dies out). Once by an older Lucy to come back bringing older Rogue back unintentionally. Once by current Celestial Mages unwittingly bringing still living dragons from the past.
    2) A Heartfelia member (Lucy's mother bloodline) has been a part of every eclipse activation. Lucy's mother sent Igneel+ away and the strain of doing that solo caused her death. Igneel is watching to see how the future (his reality, I think) will change from him and his breathren's last acts. Grandine's magic allows her to try and communicate to Igneel+ and her doppleganger across space and time as only celestial natured magic can.
    3) A very young Natsu either hurt or saved people from Zeref. This was unintentional and something unique to Natsu's birth. The scarf made of dragon scales probably related. This stuck in Zeref's mind as a potential death. Something long since saught after becoming immortal.
    4) Zeref taught the mage (acnologia) a slayer art (Heaven, Hell, Demon, God, whatever) so he could be killed by it. Did not work, but made him strong enough to kill a lot of dragons and allowed him to change.
    This is the answer to all the time and fate aspects related to the number 7. The reasons behind the events 400 years ago is sill a mystery though. This is a plausible theory that does not contradict, so I think at least 25% of this is true.

New Reply