Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

Thread: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    The only real predictable gift would be Kurama's other chakra half, but how boring is that?
    I hope Kishi does something unpredictable here!!

    I don't want to see the manga end with Naruto being dependant on the tailed beasts, he'd better grow some real powers on his own, or I'll facepalm at the story at the end.
    What was the point of all the other techniques he learned in the past, heck what about Naruto's other chakra element? What happened to his Wind element? What happened to Sage mode? Heck even Hirashima has Sage mode, and he's the strongest in recent history, so why can' Naruto go down a similar path?

    I can only accept the gift being Kurama's other half, if Naruto actually looses the Kurama at some point, and has to learn to fight on his own.
    The world could think it's doomed, but Naruto will have to raise up and become the strongest to ever in history with or without the great Sage of the six paths, I wouldn't accept anything else after all this hype.
    Not to sound annoyed, but I've had enough of Kyuubi mode, it's super boring, and the story is loosing touch with its past events, just saying.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    The only real predictable gift would be Kurama's other chakra half, but how boring is that?
    I hope Kishi does something unpredictable here!!

    I don't want to see the manga end with Naruto being dependant on the tailed beasts, he'd better grow some real powers on his own, or I'll facepalm at the story at the end.
    What was the point of all the other techniques he learned in the past, heck what about Naruto's other chakra element? What happened to his Wind element? What happened to Sage mode? Heck even Hirashima has Sage mode, and he's the strongest in recent history, so why can' Naruto go down a similar path?

    I can only accept the gift being Kurama's other half, if Naruto actually looses the Kurama at some point, and has to learn to fight on his own.
    The world could think it's doomed, but Naruto will have to raise up and become the strongest to ever in history with or without the great Sage of the six paths, I wouldn't accept anything else after all this hype.
    Not to sound annoyed, but I've had enough of Kyuubi mode, it's super boring, and the story is loosing touch with its past events, just saying.
    You answered your own question, Naruto has sage mode and it is powerful without a doubt, but against the gargantuan foes such as the jyuubi and enemies like madara and obito naruto has no choice. If he didn't have kyuubi he would just summon bunta and ma and pa. I always hear how naruto can't do squat without kyuubi and all this stuff, but at this point it's his strongest ability and its who he is a jinchuriki and people should have gotten used to it.


  4. #33
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Even with Kyuubi can't do a thing against the Juubi. Even with Bee Naruto was having so much trouble against the Juubi.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  5. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Even with Kyuubi can't do a thing against the Juubi. Even with Bee Naruto was having so much trouble against the Juubi.
    naruto was able to cut two of the juubi tails, that's more than any of the Ninja's has done. That is something.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c617/14.html
    Last edited by xaither; April 15, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

  6. #35
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    naruto was able to cut two of the juubi tails, that's more than any of the Ninja's has done. That is something.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c617/14.html
    Correction: The ALLIANCE was able to cut two of the Juubi's tails. Like I said, Naruto and Bee had trouble and were being owned until the Alliance joined. Even numbers can do some damage against a powerful enemy.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Actually naruto did cut his tail with the FRS, the alliance was just behind him


  8. #37
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    From the looks of it, it was the Alliance who did it, not just Naruto even though the Alliance was behind him.



    Actually, one present I'd like Minato to give to Naruto is his cloak. It looks so much better than Naruto's cloak when he fought Pain.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  9. #38
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    It will obviously be the other half of the Kyubi, and Naruto will be able to let him loose and not just sit inside his body.
    It will be an ultra summon with a much stronger Kyubi than ever before.

  10. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    After reading the posts in this thread I have come to this conclusion. The fight between Good and Bad is more like 40/60 in Bad's favor and Naruto definitely could use the other half of Kurama's power regardless of what has happened prior. And that is hoping that the other half of Kurama is the gift Minato will give Naruto (which is almost a given but I'll leave a 2% chance that it could be something else, who knows.)

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    From the looks of it, it was the Alliance who did it, not just Naruto even though the Alliance was behind him.



    Actually, one present I'd like Minato to give to Naruto is his cloak. It looks so much better than Naruto's cloak when he fought Pain.
    as you can see from this page it was naruto who is in the lead with the frs, while the ninja's are behind him following him
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c617/13.html

    you could be right, but i only follow the wiki

  12. #41
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Explain how he managed to cut two of its tails when there was only one of him or how he even managed to cut the thick tail off with just a FRS. STILL does not change the fact that I think it was the Alliance who did the work, not just Naruto.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Explain how he managed to cut two of its tails when there was only one of him or how he even managed to cut the thick tail off with just a FRS. STILL does not change the fact that I think it was the Alliance who did the work, not just Naruto.
    this is the first time naruto has done the FRS in this mode, the cutting power could have gone up even more.

  15. #43
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    I don't think it's the first time, and the way he's used it means there is no cutting power. It'd be more like the FRS used against Kakuzu, Kyuubi, or Nagato's dog. The only FRS with cutting power is his Sage Mode FRS where he throws it.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think it's the first time, and the way he's used it means there is no cutting power. It'd be more like the FRS used against Kakuzu, Kyuubi, or Nagato's dog. The only FRS with cutting power is his Sage Mode FRS where he throws it.
    I remember him trowing a mini FRS to cut the leg of the large zetsu, so I am sure he can make it either explode or cut.
    and this is the first time he has done FRS in bijuu mode, for there is no chapter of him using it when bijuu mode was activated

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    You answered your own question, Naruto has sage mode and it is powerful without a doubt, but against the gargantuan foes such as the jyuubi and enemies like madara and obito naruto has no choice. If he didn't have kyuubi he would just summon bunta and ma and pa. I always hear how naruto can't do squat without kyuubi and all this stuff, but at this point it's his strongest ability and its who he is a jinchuriki and people should have gotten used to it.
    How does that answer my own question? It hardly does, also the Kyuubi even with it's other half of it's chakra shouldn't be able to stand up to the 10 tails to begin with, considering how weak it is right now.

    This seems to indicate that it's not raw power you need to take down the Juubi, but rather requires a special skill set.
    Notice how Hirashima could handle the full power of the Kyuubi without any monster within himself and the Great Sage could handle the Juubi without any monster within him.

    If Naruto is to be the strongest, at least from the point after the great Sage, then he has to surpass them.
    If by surpassing said power is by using that said power, then you haven't surpassed that power to begin with, you merely used it yourself.

    See how this can be a problem? The story is contradicting itself, even in some aspects running in circles, and it has loose ends to boot, it's a weird cocktail.
    Sure this is a shounen, but it better play out more intelligently than this, and therefore I'm against Minato's gift being the other half of the Kyuubi's chakra, cause it'll only reinforce the low storytelling.
    If Minato has something else for Naruto, or if Naruto will loose Kurama eventually despite of getting the other Kyuubi half back, then I'm all in for it, but if the manga ends with Naruto only usng Kurama, then I for one will feel greatly disappointed.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts