Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minato's 'special present' to Naruto?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    How does that answer my own question? It hardly does, also the Kyuubi even with it's other half of it's chakra shouldn't be able to stand up to the 10 tails to begin with, considering how weak it is right now.

This seems to indicate that it's not raw power you need to take down the Juubi, but rather requires a special skill set.
    Notice how Hirashima could handle the full power of the Kyuubi without any monster within himself and the Great Sage could handle the Juubi without any monster within him.

If Naruto is to be the strongest, at least from the point after the great Sage, then he has to surpass them.
    If by surpassing said power is by using that said power, then you haven't surpassed that power to begin with, you merely used it yourself.

See how this can be a problem? The story is contradicting itself, even in some aspects running in circles, and it has loose ends to boot, it's a weird cocktail.
    Sure this is a shounen, but it better play out more intelligently than this, and therefore I'm against Minato's gift being the other half of the Kyuubi's chakra, cause it'll only reinforce the low storytelling.
    If Minato has something else for Naruto, or if Naruto will loose Kurama eventually despite of getting the other Kyuubi half back, then I'm all in for it, but if the manga ends with Naruto only usng Kurama, then I for one will feel greatly disappointed.
    So you are not wanting it to be the other half then? I can understand that, naruto does need a MUCH wider skill range than just power, but it's most likely will be the other half.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    So you are not wanting it to be the other half then? I can understand that, naruto does need a MUCH wider skill range than just power, but it's most likely will be the other half.
    Yeah, I agree, like I also said in my earlier post, it's the only real predictable gift we can think of so far, what else would it be?
    But that's also what makes me a bit gloomy, cause I've been crossing fingers for a long time now that Naruto looses Kurama, and the fact that he made friends with Kurama made it all the more interesting if he lost him.
    But I really don't know about the current settings of the manga, it's as if there is no room left for him to loose Kurama (and survive), it's as if this is it, the final battle, the near end of the manga.

So yeah, kinda disappointed at the moment, especially if all Naurto gets is more power as you put it.
    Gonna try enjoy the story anyway though, but maybe I should lower my expectations, as you said, it's likely the Kyuubi's other chakra half.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    I remember him trowing a mini FRS to cut the leg of the large zetsu, so I am sure he can make it either explode or cut.
    and this is the first time he has done FRS in bijuu mode, for there is no chapter of him using it when bijuu mode was activated
    He's done FRS against Nagato's summon too. I don't think he was even in bijuu mode when he did the FRS with the Alliance.

And you just pointed out the difference - he threw the FRS to cut, Whenever he hit someone with it liek a rasengan, it exploded, not cut.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

my guess is, he is going to give him the other hoalf of kurama's chakra
    this could be followed by giving him a more stable chakra se he could use the elder frogs to "fuse" with him enabling the dual mode of sage+kyubi chakra
    that could be something to enable him to fight madara mano a mano????

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diavolo View Post
    my guess is, he is going to give him the other hoalf of kurama's chakra
    this could be followed by giving him a more stable chakra se he could use the elder frogs to "fuse" with him enabling the dual mode of sage+kyubi chakra
    that could be something to enable him to fight madara mano a mano????
    That should already be possible by the moment Naruto did befriend Kurama though, since after all, Kurama seemed to attack/push away the elder frogs.
    But since Naruto did befriend Kurama, Kurama might accept the frogs fusing with Naruto, heck, he might accept a full fusion with Kyuubi+Sage mode as you talked about. I don't think the other half of Kurama's chakra will make a difference in that respect, however, it will probably give Naruto a huge power boost.

But I can see that end... Naruto + Kurama at full power from other chakra half + Sage mode = Insane power boost.

If the story ends with that, then I'm so gonna whine for a long time

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto doesn't need more free powerups though, especially when said free powerups won't help him secure a victory against Juubi once it stops evolving. Minato's cloak would be so much better as a gift, especially since it looks better than the cloak Naruto had when he fought Pain.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Naruto doesn't need more free powerups though, especially when said free powerups won't help him secure a victory against Juubi once it stops evolving. Minato's cloak would be so much better as a gift, especially since it looks better than the cloak Naruto had when he fought Pain.
    Giving him his cloak would be silly IMO
    BM already gives him a cloak for one, and minato made it seem as though this gift will be a big significance for naruto
    It will be something that aids him in battle for sure

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

He has ugly cloaks, and most of his cloaks result from using KYuubi's chakra. Naruto needs a more permanent, better looking cloak like the one his father had. I hope it's nothing that helps him in battle, Naruto has enough powerups as it is. He doesn't need more free powerups.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the deed to the mine

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He has ugly cloaks, and most of his cloaks result from using KYuubi's chakra. Naruto needs a more permanent, better looking cloak like the one his father had. I hope it's nothing that helps him in battle, Naruto has enough powerups as it is. He doesn't need more free powerups.
    as much as I really don't think it could be anything other than the second half of the kyuubi chakra. I really hope you're right.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand, isn't Minato's current clothing / cloak made out of chakra? Othervice they'd appear like the dead ninja's that their summon are based on, but they don't. So as much as I hate to say it, cause I'd love Naruto to get his cloak, but it's made out of chakra?

On another note, Minato did tell Naruto when they talked inside his head during the Pain arc, that he needed the kyuubi power to beat Obito, who they thought to be Madara at that point.
    So what exactly will happen now? Will Minato's prediction come true? or will it lead to the Kyuubi not being enough, since Obito wasn't Madara, and Madara is much more than Minato ever knew (no one knew of his rinnegan for example).
    So it'd be epic if the Kyuubi's powers did fail, and the manga won't end with this war, but has another arc behind it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke is the special present.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    A new JUTSU!

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    He should just buy him a Playstation.
    I like that. That was funny.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

This idea is stupid ...

that scroll supposed to be an A$$ PULL power up for Sasuke and I remember Naruto fan criticize Sasuke for that so called power up for weeks .... but now , it turn to be another power up for Naruto and all of them are ok with it !?
    خداحافظ

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast