Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: new character

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty new character

It took me awhile but I've been practicing http://sta.sh/0qui5lg06p6 please let me know how to improve and tell me what you think http://sta.sh/01nh5k4zqmcp
    Last edited by hunterzero785; April 15, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: new character

Here some stuff you can improve on:
    -Try to draw your characters from different angles. Or just from the side for now. It's more difficult, but it makes your drawings look more plastic. (I have problems with that myself)
    -If you want to practise, draw quick sketches. There's no need to finish a drawing with lineart and color. Just draw many characters in a short amount of time. Like, take 10 minutes and draw 5 or more (depending on how fast you draw, but don't give yourself too much time) people with a pencil. That'll help you grow faster.

Anyhow, good job! Keep it coming.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok! I will do that! I'm not sure if I can draw that fast though, I like to make them look pretty hehe the next one I'll post will be from side view then thanks again for your help! ^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner artistRainwater's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Design is simple, which is fine. Sometimes, simplicity beats out over complex designs that become too difficult to redraw over and over again. However, as the above comment stated, I must add that to enhance the character, you could also study facial expressions and body language. I got the idea that the redhead was somewhat sad, maybe a little scared. Not sure if her personality's like that, but if it's not, posture her in a way that expresses who she is. Same for the dude with the roses. Is he a romantic? Player? I like his dark eyes though, those were appealing

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above. Nothing wrong with practice. You can do the face and body proportions nice and the character looks good to.Only real flaw i saw was neck looked a little long when you compare it to the shoulder height.

New Reply