Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Sohma Riku Thread

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sohma Riku's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sohma Riku Thread

Hi everyone, as I'm somewhat bored right now, I decided to drop down a little message here as well. I'm usually not the person to keeps things short, but I'll try.

So, I'm Riku... last year I graduated from university with a bachelor degree in Japan studies. I can't really say I'm fluent in Japanese (my conversation skills are pretty basic), but I'm pretty good in anything that allows me to use a dictionary. (usually to check if I'm right in my thinking) So, translating things is going pretty well...

I doubt anyone here actually knows me, but if you do it's probably not because of the little manga translations I did. (right now that's only some Naruto chapters to Dutch) You'll probably know me for creating English subtitles for quite some Prince of Tennis musicals (as Amaris).
    That being said, I probably started translating when I was only in my first year of university (that's 2008). My skills were probably non existent then, while I thought I wasn't doing that bad. But as years passed by I actually improved quite a lot and I'm quite confident in 99% of the cases that my translations are correct. After all, I didn't graduate from university doing nothing.
    So, even though my target language on MH is Dutch, I also translate to English.

Also, I can be picky as to what I translate when I do it for free, but when I get paid I'm willing to translate about anything. ^-^

Right, if there's anything else you want to know, please ask. I'll try to answer as soon as I can.
    Last edited by Sohma Riku; April 18, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Sohma Riku Thread

How much wood it cost to translate 184 pages of Japanese manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner trunkschan90's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet you Sohma Riku. I'm wondering if you could help in translating a few preview manga pages. Sadly I'm broke and can't pay X.X
    Thanks in advance
    One of them look like this:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by trunkschan90; April 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the amount of pages if I'm able to help you. A few pages would be fine, but I don't think I have time to do full chapters right now.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually just those four pages that need translating. I just noticed you translated them in another thread so thanks for your help
    Last edited by trunkschan90; April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner madman freak's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there,
    so, i want to scanlate Doraemon now
    So, I WANT A TRANSLATOR who can translate 2 chapters 12-14 pages a week and as you know Doraemon is the easiest manga to translate. so, i don't need any experience, even a newbie can translate Doraemon, and it will be a good practice for him also.

So. if any anybody wanna help the best master piece of FUJIKO F. Fujio to get fully scanlate for the other Doraemon fans out there in the world , please send me a email @ :-
    debashishsarangi0@gmail.com

P.S: it will be a separate and new group for Doraemon, because this great manga of all times
    deserve Respect.
    so please help out, its my request.
    and will you do it for free.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman freak View Post
    Hey there,
    so, i want to scanlate Doraemon now
    So, I WANT A TRANSLATOR who can translate 2 chapters 12-14 pages a week and as you know Doraemon is the easiest manga to translate. so, i don't need any experience, even a newbie can translate Doraemon, and it will be a good practice for him also.

So. if any anybody wanna help the best master piece of FUJIKO F. Fujio to get fully scanlate for the other Doraemon fans out there in the world , please send me a email @ :-
    debashishsarangi0@gmail.com

P.S: it will be a separate and new group for Doraemon, because this great manga of all times
    deserve Respect.
    so please help out, its my request.
    and will you do it for free.

Send you an email. ^-^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sohma Riku, it's me again. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me with translating the rest of the Cyborg 009 one-shot. You've already translated 4 pages, it has a total of 56 pages (52 pages now since 4 have been translated), let me know. My email trunkschan90@yahoo.com

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trunkschan90 View Post
    Hi Sohma Riku, it's me again. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me with translating the rest of the Cyborg 009 one-shot. You've already translated 4 pages, it has a total of 56 pages (52 pages now since 4 have been translated), let me know. My email trunkschan90@yahoo.com
    I sent you an email. ^-^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner barling's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sohma Riku

I need your help to translate this manga http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51384
    There's just 1 volume left (6 chapters to be more precise) and I hope you're willing to help me translating it. And sorry, but I can't pay you.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM about this.

Quote Originally Posted by barling View Post
    Hi Sohma Riku

I need your help to translate this manga http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51384
    There's just 1 volume left (6 chapters to be more precise) and I hope you're willing to help me translating it. And sorry, but I can't pay you.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda scared to ask but I know you'll give an honest reply so here I go...
    Please please please please help me translate the last 5 chapters of a bunko! The manga is really old though so I'm not sure if you'll like it ^^' I cleaned the chapters already, just looking for a Japanese translator to help translate.

The project is called Ouke no Monshou, I wanted help with ch 86-90 (I have the japanese and chinese raws available.)

Thank you for reading my request. I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko8 View Post
    I'm kinda scared to ask but I know you'll give an honest reply so here I go...
    Please please please please help me translate the last 5 chapters of a bunko! The manga is really old though so I'm not sure if you'll like it ^^' I cleaned the chapters already, just looking for a Japanese translator to help translate.

The project is called Ouke no Monshou, I wanted help with ch 86-90 (I have the japanese and chinese raws available.)

Thank you for reading my request. I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Riku,
    I as hoping you could translate Biyaku Cafe for me, Its a manga I've been wishing for years to be finished translating. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
    So here I am. I'm willing to pay, (im desperate) lol - If it could be done as soon as you can have it complete. There are 4 volume left 0 about 5 or 6 chapters each volume. It hasn't been tranlated since chapter 12.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley0x View Post
    Hi Riku,
    I as hoping you could translate Biyaku Cafe for me, Its a manga I've been wishing for years to be finished translating. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
    So here I am. I'm willing to pay, (im desperate) lol - If it could be done as soon as you can have it complete. There are 4 volume left 0 about 5 or 6 chapters each volume. It hasn't been tranlated since chapter 12.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast