Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Rebecca, Kyros, and Doflamingo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Lord Howe Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca, Kyros, and Doflamingo

Prediction on next chapters...

flashback to Doflamingo coming to Dressrosa and killing Kyros to gain complete control. Kyros happened to be Rebecca's father, which would explain why she's after Doflamingo. Seems kind of odd that Kyros last stepped into the colosseum some 20 years ago and no one supposedly knows anything about him. Maybe Doflamingo put a gag order on the town? Also, explains why Rebecca was at the statue herself. Seems she has some sort of deep connection to I. Maybe she was there to pay respects to her late father and vow to revenge before the event.

If this is true, it'd provide perfect segway to Rebecca joining the SH. As we've seen, all SH members have their own side story/flashback before or after joining. I think she'll also obtain the mera mera no mi to effectively keep in within the SH's group as well. There's a chance another SH will eat it, but it would change their character/dynamics too much - wouldn't seem like Oda's style which is direct (for the most part).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebecca, Kyros, and Doflamingo

i dont think Doflamingo kill Kyros because as far we know that Kyros last active was 20 years ago and Doflamingo come in power in 10 years ago so we have 10 years gap also Kyros maybe Rebecca's idol.we know for tennis player Roger Federer, for cricket player sachin tendulkar for golf player Tiger Woods, for football player Lionel Messi r idols. Doflamingo has done lots of bad things so there maybe he done something bad or kill someone Rebecca love that way she wanted to kill Doflamingo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Lord Howe Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points. I thought about the 10 yr gap too, but its possible Kyros went through the whole from slave to gladiator from gladiator to general or (fill in the blank). So the whole 10 year time between when he retired as a gladiator and DD coming to Dressrosa he could've held some position of power where DD would have to kill him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyros can be alive or dead. I think he is a historical marker to the past. One piece loves to do flashbacks to around 20 years ago to set up motivations and back story. Doflamingo will not be taken out this arc, he is just getting entertaining. Law wants him dethroned and Luffy wants him to stop hurting kids. There will be a scuffle but this is a character arc for the New World players and politics. Probably the only strawhat in the know is Robin, so this is a chance to fill the reader in, on who to watch out for. Only glimpses of supernovas etc. Rebecca is an obvious crew possibility but two things have to happen:
    1) Luffy needs to remove the burden she has placed on herself so she can live her dream.
    2) Her dream needs to be solved by travelling on the Thousand Sunny.
    I am sure she will have a heart warming reveal that will make Lucy take up her cause. The question is whether that turns her into someone like Vivi who declines or Robin who is willing to set sail. I think her roots will fall on the vivi side as i bet she is more tied to dressrosa's future.
    But there are tons of potentials. Obviously not the Fishman (Jimbei TBD), but i bet he saves the strawhats from fighting fish at some point this arc. And has a nice reminisce. Rival in Cavendish. Enemy in the Cannibal. Burgess will be a declaration of war against Blackbeard (like big Mama). Bellamy is a former enemy (changed for the better) wanting to fight to test growth at most, he is in the frenemy category, like Crocodile, begruding respect for Luffy (I also think Arlong and any other losses would have an 'oh its you' vibe if seen again). C block last battle Luffy (outed) against Don Chin Jao (large human). D block Cavendish and Rebecca with Rebecca surrendering after plea from Luffy for him to keep her fight going. B block is character battle, long and drawn out to fill in story, no guess to winner. Luffy wins all or allows specific person he trusts to 'win' and take fruit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think luffy will defeat Doflamingo in end of this arc. Doflamingo is imp in new world just because he lost that does not mean we will not see him again if u want ex we have buggy and Crocodile who r active even after lost.

New Reply